RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342302-redcat-racing-tsunami-thread.html)

gearguy70 06-06-2008 10:36 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

For sure man. going to the beach tomorrow, gonna try to make some speed passes and have some fun in the sand :D

eminentguitar 06-07-2008 12:22 AM

Im so happy :) I feel like a little kid again lol I just bought a spectrum dx 3.0 The guy at the LHS told me to take a week off work just so I would be able to figure it out lol. There is so much you can do on here its nuts. Im used to my am redcat radio with only trim to adjust.

foust3838 06-07-2008 01:18 AM

hey thanks i turned it on later that night and the led light came on and it made the beep so i dont know what was wrong with it its perfectly fine now i would also like to know how good the redcat brushless system is compared to the mamba castle creations combo?

KeithjV 06-07-2008 02:25 PM

foust its possible it over heated. If it happens again check and see how hot the esc is.
I dont know anything about redcats brushless. If you find anything out please post it back for us.

foust3838 06-07-2008 11:07 PM

it hasnt done it since but i also have another problem on my dads tsunami ep a pin in the center dogbone that turns the four wheel drive came out so now only the rear tires spin where can we get another pin for that any one know the part number thanks

KeithjV 06-08-2008 02:26 PM

I dont think you'd be able to put a pin back in that would actually stay. Just replace the dog bones, they're not too expensive.

ballstr3 06-08-2008 08:16 PM

Is a .18 SH engine better than a OS .18 engine? Does anyone know what would be better for the Tsunami?

Thanks

KeithjV 06-08-2008 08:25 PM

The sh engines are very good but the o.s. engines have more power. Unfortunately I think the o.s. will probably destroy the stock diffs and dog bones. The lrp z.18s is a very good engine as well.

eminentguitar 06-08-2008 11:07 PM

The os cvr-x 18 is a sweet engine for the tunami, I have the sh as well and the os does have more power and holds a tune better I think. The sh is still a good engine tho. The sh 18 that I have is ported and polished along with some other tricks :) its just about as fast as my os engine.

If you have the vertex 18 I would just do the engine replacement program and get the sh 18 you will save lots of money that way

gearguy70 06-09-2008 08:54 AM

yeah, I heard about the engine replacement program, how does one go about changing it? I couldn't find anything on their site. Just in case I may need to replace mine in the future.

eminentguitar 06-09-2008 01:21 PM

In not to sure man I have only heard of people talking about it.

Kodiac400 06-09-2008 01:56 PM

Its seems pretty easy from what I read.

[link=http://www.redcatracing.com/engineprogram.asp]Engine Replacement[/link]

gearguy70 06-09-2008 08:56 PM

Thanks Kodiac, I just didn't find it on their site, I suck at searching for stuff

foust3838 06-09-2008 10:31 PM

what kind of grease or oil caan you use for your shocks

KeithjV 06-09-2008 11:12 PM

It really depends on your driving style and where you drive, but 50wt silicone oil is pretty good for the tsunami.

eminentguitar 06-10-2008 11:12 PM

Well guys I took the tsunami out for its first spin since the grand am attack. Everything is just as good or better now then it ever was. The only thing thats not as good is one of the motor mount screws got busted in the crash so I only have 3 screws holding it in but I used up a quart today and its still good.

KeithjV 06-10-2008 11:14 PM

Wow, should send that to redcat, it would be a good sales pitch.

eminentguitar 06-10-2008 11:17 PM

Yeah man lol it took some time but I got everything straight again. Hows your tsunami running? Dod you put the hpi parts in?

KeithjV 06-10-2008 11:24 PM

I still have to decide on what parts Im going to use. Not sure if I want to go with dog bones or the cvd's. I changed the clutch over to the HPI clutch shoes from my savage. The standard pilot shaft worked fine, I didnt need the longer one. I also need to get a new CB. I was thinking about trying the steel cb from redcat or I might go with the HPI threaded CB.

eminentguitar 06-10-2008 11:31 PM

Well with the redcat bell you wont need the longer pilot shaft but with an HPI bell you will just the way they mount you'll need it. If you check out some of the first pages if this thread ehroof (himotoracingusa) explained everything you need to do to put the hpi 2 speed bell on.

KeithjV 06-10-2008 11:53 PM

How are the steel redcat CB's? Any good?

eminentguitar 06-10-2008 11:54 PM

From what I have heard there good. I would give one a try

gearguy70 06-12-2008 11:09 AM

my tsunami came with a steel CB, 3/4 of a gallon, it works well for me, nothing broken or anything, except it changed color, from the metal looking color to an oily blue, still looks and works great though.

KeithjV 06-12-2008 12:32 PM

Thanks gearguy. I think Im going to order one. My stock one looks like its ready to break apart. The bell housing is cracking and getting out of round from the clutch shoes. The teeth are all still good though.

gearguy70 06-12-2008 12:36 PM

damn, lol. well, I even had mine a bit off of the gear mesh last time I ran it, and it didn't damage the gears at all, took the truck and storing it for now, decided to pull the bell off to check that everything is ok. the thing looks like new except for the color change, lol