Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

My Supervee maiden experience

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

My Supervee maiden experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:14 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Supervee maiden experience

Well just got back from running my SV27. Well it went pretty well I was messing around trying to race the boy with his viper good times then I was making a big circle and Then it happened. It flipped way out in the middle of the pond I dont even know how I flipped it. I was just turning then I noticed I wasn't moving and then I could see the rudder sticking up. So I had to take the boy's viper and tape a stick I found to the front and bring it back in,It took awile but I finally got it. "I wish the wife took a vid of it coming back" But she didn't want to because now I have the park ranger right next to me. He waited till I got it in,checked out the boat and laughed a bit,then said we can't bring the boat's back to the pond. He said he doesn't really mind,but as time goes on more people will see it and bring there boat's and before you know it you will have like 10 boat's flying around and making people angry,or something like that.
Anyone have problem's running there boat's at the park?
Here's a vid of the first run "Nothing special just thought I'd share"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0ovDjfyOQ
So now I need to go out and find a new place to run it.
This is my first brushless,,but it seem's like it isn't smooth on the throttle,It like can start out slow but it just goes like half to full throttle there's like not a range of throttle,Is this normal?
Here's one more..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdl1gnhxnBQ
Old 04-08-2008, 06:49 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Default RE: My Supervee maiden experience

What kind of difference will I get if I put the stock 3 blade prop back on?
Right now there is some kind of 2 blade prop on there. I wish I had more time with it,I wantedt o mess around with the trim tab's, I went fairly well but as you got faster it would tend to bounce up and down then I let off so it wouldnt flip,but it did anyway
Would bending down the trim tabs a bit "towards the water" would this make it stay flater in the water and take the bounce out at high speeds?
Old 04-08-2008, 07:12 PM
SV27dayton

Yes on the tabs but it will slow you down and heat up the bats more (more resistance to overcome). If there's no rule that ranger should not be able to tell you whats what.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:17 PM
joeysan2

Adjusting the trim tabs would help. But I would play around with battery placement. It is recomended that you break off the front part of the battery tray ( I comes right out with needle nose pliers, just jiggle it a bit) so that you can move the batteries forward. I have heard to use the lower motor mounting screw as a guide to place the front af the battery up to as much as 3 inches from the stock position.
I use the former as a guide and it has been a good starting oint. Props, weather conditions etc. will all come onto play. So you just have to see what works best for you.
I never got to use my stock prop as it broke when I first got to the pond. I have tried a few but the Octura x440 -3 blade prop is a good all around prop. There is a good prop thread on this site for the SV27., in fact there are a LOT of threads for the SV. Use the search function and have fun.
I haven't had a throttle issue, could be the drive train binding a bit, you can see how the flex cable enters the stuffing tube, is it straight?
could also be radio glitching, or batteries not fulliy charged? I am not the expert here jsut a couple of things to check out.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Could you tell if it's binding up by turning the prop by hand?
I tried to turn it,im not sure if it's binding or just the normal resistence from the motor. It looks strait to me,,how often should you take the cable out and lube it? What lube would you use for that?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:43 PM
SV27dayton

Motor does have alot of resistance to turning so it's hard to tell if somthing is binding that way. If you have the motor out for any reason you can certainly tell by turning the prop. Visually make sure that the stuffing tube is alligned with the motor.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:34 AM
joeysan2

I lube mine every 3-4 runs. I also leave my flex drive out so as to help with drying. I use Grim Racer....speed grease I think its called. I think you can use any marine grade grease. Sometimes I use a high temp. grease my LHS sold me. It seems to work fine.