RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - Electric (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-electric-109/)
-   -   Genesis Offshore Brushless RC Twin Hull (1045mm) from HK (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-electric-109/9964997-genesis-offshore-brushless-rc-twin-hull-1045mm-hk.html)

srt10 10-04-2010 11:59 AM

RE: Genesis Offshore Brushless RC Twin Hull (1045mm) from HK

ORIGINAL: doby

ORIGINAL: srt10

Its sold!

Yup, its mine now!
yes sir!
I was going to get it but I think an Aeromarine will fill the bill for me becasue of a wider hull ;)

BACKEMF 10-07-2010 01:17 PM

It's not in your hands yet John.... I'm getting second thoughts about selling this hull seeing it do 75mph stable in choppy & wind....

The Ekos hull only I have will not do that speed, the EKOS is not as heavy of a layup either....

John, you may not get this hull today @ 4:30....:(

doby 10-08-2010 07:46 PM

We had a deal... :(:(:(

BACKEMF 10-08-2010 08:20 PM

We had a deal... :(:(:(

Yeah, guilt will work....

I'll bring it Moanday you little....

You're getting a hell of a deal you know...

You have to let me drive it once at least, so I know what I'm giving up.

Grrrr, why did I post it for sale....

I wanna see a picture of your new 8xl's, lol....

doby 10-08-2010 08:36 PM

Wooo Hooo....guilt works !!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BACKEMF 10-08-2010 08:53 PM

Show me the motors...

doby 10-08-2010 09:23 PM

Sure, when they get here.:)

doby 10-08-2010 09:26 PM

Hey Ray, is the OSE site |Fubar'd today, I can't get on??

Also, MMMFE is giv'n me issues...can you post something about Monday at Boxwood if you can....

BACKEMF 10-08-2010 11:04 PM

Hey Ray, is the OSE site |Fubar'd today, I can't get on??

Also, MMMFE is giv'n me issues...can you post something about Monday at Boxwood if you can....
I'll try......

NobodyFamous 10-09-2010 04:00 AM

<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; ">I couldn't get on OSE either.  I was trying to look at motor couplers.  The stock set screw is a 4mm metric thread I found out.  My local hardware store only has SAE thread set screws. . .  I am going to try and cut down a bolt and slot it to make it work for now.<div>
</div><div>I have had the damn boat for like over a month now and only got it wet twice.  Not even 2 full runs yet.  A bare hull is the way to go.  The problems I am having are small ones, but still, on the shelf is on the shelf.</div></div>

eboat 10-09-2010 01:00 PM

I have not been able to get on OSE for the last couple days

NobodyFamous 10-11-2010 09:54 AM

So, now that i have had the boat for over a month I thought I would just update my review. . .<div></div><div>The HK Genesis is crap!</div><div></div><div>It ran almost two full batteries. And that was it. The hardware is crap, the speed controller is crap, the flex shaft setup is dumb, and the motor is crap. I guess the hull is ok, I only had a total of about 13 minutes running to judge it's performance.</div><div></div><div></div><div>Just to recap. . .</div><div>Out of the box, all the hardware (hex screws) where striped out. Crap</div><div>First run lasted about 5 minutes and the ESC just stopped, no smoke no heat. Crap</div><div>Second run out with new Turnigy 180A ESC was ok, boat ran nice for about 8 minutes.</div><div>Third run lasted about 2 minutes, changed the prop to "upgraded" turnigy prop, the prop shattered and set screw stripped out. Crap strikes again.</div><div>Replaced the set screw and tested the motor with storage charged lipos and the motor cratered. Magnet split into about 4 pices. Crap.</div><div></div><div>I will not be buying any more RTB boats from HK. (RTB = Ready to Break)</div><div></div><div>Maybe in another 5 years I might have some money to make this work. . . not likely though. I'll just save up for a Traxxas Titan and/or a WHH Magnum 57.</div>

Rebel bay 10-11-2010 10:09 AM

Hey NobodyFamous don' t get nervous http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/punching.gif

I' m agree with you all RTR models are ... crap. That' s why 95% of us build they own boats. Hardware isn' t bad if it' s correctly mounted. Anyway the hull is amazing

doby 10-11-2010 01:36 PM

"...all ready to run models are crap...."

Theres a statement based on ignorance.......

ravill 10-11-2010 04:19 PM

That video of this boat was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I just converted my boat to electric! I can't wait!

Raf

NobodyFamous 10-11-2010 05:35 PM

"...all ready to run models are crap...."

Agreed, I am saving up for a proper ready to run, from Traxxas or WHH.
<br type="_moz" />

srt10 10-11-2010 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: NobodyFamous

''...all ready to run models are crap....''

Agreed, I am saving up for a proper ready to run, from Traxxas or WHH.
<br type=''_moz'' />
WHH, good stuff man! ;)

scullyeng 10-12-2010 06:12 PM

Do you want to sell your Genesis? I am interested for the right price.

NobodyFamous 10-14-2010 07:24 AM

No I won't be selling the hull, it's the only good part.  What is the diameter of the stock motor? I want to get another one that will fit the water jacket. (to put in a different boat)

Rebel bay 10-14-2010 07:41 AM

For 4S or 6S batteries?

NobodyFamous 10-15-2010 12:52 PM

Ok, so I am trying to find out what it is going to cost me to get this thing going (again)  I want to put an order in with OSE.<div>
</div><div>I am guessing the motor (stock) was 36mm dia. so I am going with this Feigao 540 7XL (2382Kv)</div><div>
</div><div>I wrecked the stock coupler, what one should I get that will fit the stock flex drive?</div><div>OR</div><div>what should I upgrade too? (from OSE)</div>

TFLHOBBY-Candy 12-20-2010 09:44 PM

Hi Guys,After reading all your comments of GENESIS ,wanderful !,I will translate them then send to the factory ,let them to do something.

Basstronics 12-24-2010 07:34 AM

It would be a great help if the hobby manufacturers would actually use quality screws.

Also it would be awesome if we could get the Genesis without the decals.

Im going to be putting a Leopard 4074 2000 kV in mine at first. Then going to a Castle 1717 beast :)

TFLHOBBY-Candy 12-25-2010 06:42 AM

well ,thanks a lot for your suggestion ,will list your oppion to the factory . but if you want to buy a new one ,go on keeping in touch with OFFSHORE or any other shop you bought.

Flyer88 01-15-2011 08:27 PM

Hi.

Just finished my Genesis from HCity and thought I would share some pics for referance sake.

I do have some questions for you pros out there........

I'm running 4s packs (3700Mah pair) and a set of 5s (5000Mah pair) can anyone recommend some props for these setups ??

And what is the CG and rudder deflection for this Monster !

Thanks
Flyer88

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/o...er888/Gen6.jpg

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/o...er888/Gen8.jpg

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/o...er888/Gen4.jpg