Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

expresscraft Boat hulls

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

expresscraft Boat hulls

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:25 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your boat will be there Tuesday, Here is a 60" MTI we just did right along with your Phantom, this is a late model version to represent the changes made on the real boat,We also have a early model version and a extended version. this is the hatch from the extended version with no scoop.The fact that we make 3 different MTI models shows are commitment to the model boating community and to this great line up of real power boats,A 60" carbon fiber cat for 350.00 is a unbeatable deal.just so you guys know all of our big boats run great on today's single engine power plants,the price of radio gear and hardware is all the same,Why not go big? our hulls cost less then most of our competitors smaller fiberglass only hulls.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mti2 001.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	2033683   Click image for larger version

Name:	mti2 002.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	2033684   Click image for larger version

Name:	mti2 003.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	2033685   Click image for larger version

Name:	mti2 004.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	2033686   Click image for larger version

Name:	mti2 006.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	2033687  
The following users liked this post:
SUPER-V (04-13-2021)
Old 09-20-2014, 10:11 AM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom
Do you make a hull anything like this ???

http://www.whobbies.com/product.php?id=686

Thanks

Randy
Old 09-20-2014, 03:02 PM
expresscraft

No coast guard cutters, That is pretty cool though.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:09 PM
lever02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, everything for the Phantom, including the Phantom is in the mail, What recommendations do you guys have for a prop that will suit the RCMK K600s?
Old 09-22-2014, 02:13 PM
expresscraft

you need to do some checking, I stopped building RTR's a while back, but when I last built using the inlines it was best to have them taken apart and gone through just for quality control,they may have fixed this by now but it was a issue at one time, also you want to get a E-Z pull start as the stock rcmk starter is garbage, i suggest joe at zippkits.com for this item. you will not need a prop till the end of your build, I have a good friend that is running the inlines very successful in a few boats. i will ask him what he suggest. Also I would advise you to pay the 80.00 or so to get a prop done by a prop service, You are stuffing a lot of power in a model boat. You can do everything perfect and if you do not have a great prop your boat will handle terrible. also you need to use a tube in a tube for your drive line.slop in the stuffing tube will cause your flex cables to be a problem and you can lose your 80.00 prop. You have jumped into the big leagues with a inline they are fantastic but not forgiving , you will pay for every mistake you make. so pay attention to all the details.If you lose a water line the cylinder that is getting cooled will run the other cylinder into failure. I will help you as much as i can but you will be the one deciding if things are correct or not.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:16 PM
expresscraft

you need to do some checking, I stopped building RTR's a while back, but when I last built using the inlines it was best to have them taken apart and gone through just for quality control,they may have fixed this by now but it was a issue at one time, also you want to get a E-Z pull start as the stock rcmk starter is garbage, i suggest joe at zippkits.com for this item. you will not need a prop till the end of your build, I have a good friend that is running the inlines very successful in a few boats. i will ask him what he suggest. Also I would advise you to pay the 80.00 or so to get a prop done by a prop service, You are stuffing a lot of power in a model boat. You can do everything perfect and if you do not have a great prop your boat will handle terrible. also you need to use a tube in a tube for your drive line.slop in the stuffing tube will cause your flex cables to be a problem and you can lose your 80.00 prop. You have jumped into the big leagues with a inline they are fantastic but not forgiving , you will pay for every mistake you make. so pay attention to all the details.If you lose a water line the cylinder that is getting cooled will run the other cylinder into failure. I will help you as much as i can but you will be the one deciding if things are correct or not.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:52 PM
SS RC Boats

Tom just curious why you say the stock RCMK starters are garbage? I sometimes wonder if those that call them garbage actually have took the time to fix the minor problem which was with their plastic starter pawl . RCMK now sells the starters with the metal pawl. I put a stock RCMK starter with metal pawl on a friends QD HT25 last year March before our season started and he has raced all last season (testing in between race days) and i ran the boat myself earlier this season in a few races and the starter has not broken or had ANY issues yet!!! He still does race the boat on rough days due to his main race boat only being 56". And he also runs the boat on off weekends when he just feels like messing around instead of running his main race boat that has the QD Pioneer 26. But i will agree with you,YES easy starters are nice for the big motors,but i still use the standard starters on my QD Pioneer 29.5's. I guess when my shoulders get weaker i will want them lol but right now I'm good without them. Maybe going to the gym 4 times a week is helping me in that area LOL!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:15 PM
lever02

Guys, Ross is sending me the Zen easy start, I have one on my weedeater and my shoulder loves it. I'm not a young man and everything in my youth that I damaged still hurts.He's also sending me a 3015/3 prop. I just wanted another choice or two to experiment with. I am actively seeking info on Dasbota? I understand he's the man. I did order the K600 with their pull start, I can use it as a spare when the Zen gives up. I also ordered with the twin a complete gasket set. We will disassemble this engine prior the first run-up. I do this with my airplane engines as well, amazing what you can find in the case....Tom, also going to double the brass stuffing tube and use the european flex cable. I understand it's the best and will hold up to the twin's power.

Last edited by lever02; 09-22-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:04 PM
expresscraft

Like I said I have not built anything in a while with a inline so if changes where made that's great,With the amount of guys that had problems with the starters before saying they are garbage is a safe bet. As opposed to having a guy get his whole build done and not be able to enjoy his first day out.If it no longer applies then that's great but this is the 1st I herd of it. There is nothing wrong with a good working standard starter, but if I'm recommending any up grade, when it comes to pull starters it will be a E_Z starter all day long,
You are in good hands with Ross he also has a lot of time in on the inlines.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:53 PM
mistycreekboats

Originally Posted by lever02
Guys, Ross is sending me the Zen easy start, I have one on my weedeater and my shoulder loves it. I'm not a young man and everything in my youth that I damaged still hurts.He's also sending me a 3015/3 prop. I just wanted another choice or two to experiment with. I am actively seeking info on Dasbota? I understand he's the man. I did order the K600 with their pull start, I can use it as a spare when the Zen gives up. I also ordered with the twin a complete gasket set. We will disassemble this engine prior the first run-up. I do this with my airplane engines as well, amazing what you can find in the case....Tom, also going to double the brass stuffing tube and use the european flex cable. I understand it's the best and will hold up to the twin's power.
http://www.dasboata.com/
Old 09-23-2014, 03:20 AM
expresscraft

Thanks Randy, I guess answering his question was important, I get calls and E-mails all the time from people that read the forums but do not post,And the questions I get asked influence a lot of my post. Damon you build boats for other people and probably help most of the whole boating community in Bermuda,and lever02 with your back ground in r/c planes, I do not think you will be in over your head with a twin boat. BUT there are a lot of people that will read this thread.I do not want it to sound like they are simple no maintenance models that are for everyone. When I had my storefront hobby shop for 20 years i gave 1st hand help to customers.When someone would ask about a helicopter (this was before good simulators and electrics) I would tell them its 1000.00 to get started, It will take practicing 45 minutes a day 3-4 times a week and it will take 4-6 weeks to learn how to hover. If you tip it over it will cost 200.00 maybe not on one tip over ...but it will average out to that #. My point is if I could talk them out of it. then they where not the right person for a model helicopter and certainly not the guy I wanted to meet 2 hours before the store opened to help. There are a lot of people that like the technical side of things and do not care how good they ever get at using there models,Others want plug and play without any work at all and that is fine but that is not the guy to tell about twins. LEVER02 is a good example of the type guy that has been in the hobby long enough to do his own research and ask questions but in the end he will make his own choices and recover as necessary, But not fold over a mistake others will listen to every little thing you say and do not have it in them to apply it.It is hard to try and give good replies to a whole community of boaters when there needs and abilities are so different.

Last edited by expresscraft; 09-23-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:29 AM
lever02

Thank you Misty for the link, the site appears to be down. Tom you're up early. Guys make no mistake, I expect lots of problems. I can expect trouble with starting the engine and can imagine the boat wanting to roll over on it's side when throttle is applied. Lots and lots of adjustments. That being said I have no doubt the mechanical assembly will be spot on. There will be no issues with cooling, servo binding, and fuel delivery. Lots of overkill on the build. And ya never know, this thing may crank right up get placed in the water and run true with just a few tweaks. I have read everything that I can on the subject and hope to be educated enough on this thing to come close to perfection. My assets are you guys and a couple of really meticulous friends. Let's not forget Ross in this equation. I remember the International Hobbies 402 RTR back in the day, RTR my butt. We got it done though and was a lot of fun. Tom you are right, my aircraft history is a benefit and I have never had a flight failure due to the engineering. Always bought the good servos and hardware. It cost more but you get more out of it. Once all is said and done this is going to be one Bad ***** Boat! Oh yeah it's to be delivered today. The bride is always the last to know.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:59 AM
SS RC Boats

lever02 it will be a fun build as I'm sure you already know. keep us posted on the build process...looking forward to seeing the end result. I should be finish my turbine build in my 70" fountain soon,that took me a little longer than expected lol. i am new to the turbine engines myself but thanks to my father who has a couple turbine powered rc jets thats been a big help during the process.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:21 AM
lever02

Turbines and water sounds interesting...I hope to post lots of pics and such of the build. Hope no one thinks it's going to be a quick build though. I do tend to rush things, but not this time. Got an email from Voodoo. They suggested a Super tater xx 8017-3. Sounds a bit large to me though. Especially compared to the 3015/3 which I'm positive will do just fine. Right now I'm fixated on props and yes, it's way to early in the game to even give them a thought. I just love the research.....I also like extra parts on hand like flex cables etc. SS I don't see a build thread here on your Fountain

Originally Posted by SS RC Boats
lever02 it will be a fun build as I'm sure you already know. keep us posted on the build process...looking forward to seeing the end result. I should be finish my turbine build in my 70" fountain soon,that took me a little longer than expected lol. i am new to the turbine engines myself but thanks to my father who has a couple turbine powered rc jets thats been a big help during the process.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:14 AM
lever02

Boat's here! Looks good! If I can get a pic posted.......Upload failed, maybe pics are too large....Will work on that.

Last edited by lever02; 09-23-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:29 AM
mistycreekboats

You can resize pics using this - free and works well

http://www.fotosizer.com/CheckForUpd...px?v=2.8.0.545

1200 x 900 works well

Try [email protected] for Chris
Old 09-23-2014, 10:12 AM
SS RC Boats

Originally Posted by lever02
SS I don't see a build thread here on your Fountain
Never been one to do build threads because 99% of the time once i start building a boat i don't stop until I'm done so pics in between is not even on my mind Lol! Maybe i can take a few pics of what i have done so far to the Turbine and post them. Usually i build a boat (single engine/cat or mono) inside of a working day if i have every part available and engine rails are installed from factory. If i have to build a twin or install rails in a boat it can take up to 2 working days max. to complete. Been doing this for almost 20yrs now thanks to Ross giving me pointers and watching over me when building my first boat it is easy to me now.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:41 PM
lever02

Here's two cell phone pics. SS post some pics, we wanna see. Misty thanks for the link, afraid it came with too many addons. Love a system restore

Name:	Phantomtwo.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	2034609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Phantom0ne.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	2034610  
Old 09-23-2014, 03:44 PM
expresscraft

hey lever02 what do you think about posting your build thread here?I will keep posting info about our boats and it will be nice to refer people to this thread for info on our boats, others will find it and it could end up being a big help to all.Just a thought.we already have the hull itself build here.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:01 PM
lever02

Yep, I kinda was going that way. Ross is waiting on the Bonzi clutch, so no parts yet. Going to get her ready for a little paint and order some graphics from B&E. Keeping it simple on the paint as I'm no artist. Any thoughts on primer and paint? Thought I would hit the auto paint store for color ideas. If I can get my hands on some quality rattle can stuff that would suit just fine. Have used the Duplicolor paint with success. There is an unused paint booth at work so I will have a great environment to get her done.
Misty, I just saw the Dasbota email link, thanks.

Originally Posted by expresscraft
hey lever02 what do you think about posting your build thread here?I will keep posting info about our boats and it will be nice to refer people to this thread for info on our boats, others will find it and it could end up being a big help to all.Just a thought.we already have the hull itself build here.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:55 AM
expresscraft

Rattle can will work just fine, Remember all these parts come out of the mold with release wax so this wax transfers to the part,Paint will not stick to wax, i recomend a clean rag and wiping down the boat good 3 times each with a new part of the rag or 3 separate clean rags.with acetone then scuf sand the shine off of the gel coat just to give the surface some tooth, if you skip wiping with acetone sanding will just move your wax around and not necessarily remove it. then put your body filler on the seam and block sand to desired finish, I like a product called half time from 3m there are other good fillers but bondo from big box stores is kind of chunky and you will need glazing putty on top of it to get good results thats why they call the stuff I like half time one application sand and its done.
This is one of our Thunderbolts....and it was done with a rattle can.HA so i just set the bar high for you when you say its just a spray can paint job.

Name:	Harrahs01.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	2034682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harrahs02.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	2034684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harrahs03.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	2034685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harrahs04.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	2034686  
Old 09-24-2014, 06:38 AM
lever02

Thanks, good info, I think I'm going to just stare at it a few days, sure something will come to mind.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:02 AM
SS RC Boats

Another option is to take it to your local vinyl store and get an estimate on a wrap job. I have been doing my boats with wraps for the past few years and when I want a new look just peel off and get my buddy to re-wrap with a whole new look.

I will get the pics of turbine build posted by the weekend for you.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:13 AM
expresscraft

even a single color done nice with some graphics looks great,A nice single color will look a lot better then an attempt at a fancy paint job that does not work out to well.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:45 AM
lever02

Didn't think about a wrap, picked up some spot putty and scotch brite pads today though. At least I can get things rolling. Tom, I'm thinking two colors and some good graphics from B&E. Going to the wrap store tomorrow and have a chat.
SS, looking forward to the turbine pics.

Originally Posted by SS RC Boats
Another option is to take it to your local vinyl store and get an estimate on a wrap job. I have been doing my boats with wraps for the past few years and when I want a new look just peel off and get my buddy to re-wrap with a whole new look.

I will get the pics of turbine build posted by the weekend for you.

Last edited by lever02; 09-24-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.