Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:09 AM
magnum57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

hey guys, i need some help the guy’s at the local pond , who are very knowledgeable in rc boating keep suggesting different things i should do to my Mantaray to get it to go faster and not so wet. we have had awesome rusults so far Awesome people ,all Namba members. they race the circuit with cats and out riggers. my son and I would like to maybe run in a few open class races with our new friends just for fun, but would like to be competitive as well[X(] anyway. i have the motor complete the drive system is as good as it going to get, thanks to these guy’s tinkering with my boats. they seem to be very curious about how sweet the rtr WHH boats comes[:-] i mean my boat is a tank up against their boats. they have been a great help to me and my son. my question is how to make it lighter. I mean at around 22lbs its pretty heavy. with the double rudder, the heavy engine parts, rub rail, awesome thick hull etc. any thoughts on what could be done would be appreciated
Old 01-07-2010, 10:36 AM
cheesewizz69

There are a few thing right off the bat that will net you and 3-8mph. I am at work and don't have time to look at your pictures now, if you have posted any in this thread that is. But here are the first three things that come to mind. I am sure other will jump in to help.

If you have not already done so;
1) Get rid of the Clutch
2) Remove one of the rudders
3) Replace the telfon liner with a brass tube

Also the fastest boat doesn't always win the race.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
chaparral 97

ORIGINAL: magnum57

hey guys, i need some help the guy’s at the local pond , who are very knowledgeable in rc boating keep suggesting different things i should do to my Mantaray to get it to go faster and not so wet. we have had awesome rusults so far Awesome people ,all Namba members. they race the circuit with cats and out riggers. my son and I would like to maybe run in a few open class races with our new friends just for fun, but would like to be competitive as well[X(] anyway. i have the motor complete the drive system is as good as it going to get, thanks to these guy’s tinkering with my boats. they seem to be very curious about how sweet the rtr WHH boats comes[:-] i mean my boat is a tank up against their boats. they have been a great help to me and my son. my question is how to make it lighter. I mean at around 22lbs its pretty heavy. with the double rudder, the heavy engine parts, rub rail, awesome thick hull etc. any thoughts on what could be done would be appreciated
The Mag is not a racer - It's a sport boat designed for heavy chop but here are some things you could try:

- Put in a fuel bag and move it closer to the engine
http://www.modelgasboats.com/Magazin...as_Bag_Setups/

- Rough up the back 1/3 of the hull bottom (search this forum and Jim's Boat Dock for the specifics on how to do this)

- Take the left rudder off. Pull the right one back a bit so it's angled off the boat.

- If you want to get more in depth on this take out the clutch.

- If you REALLY want to get serious put in a mod RCMK (I'll probably be modding mine in the future). Also, I believe you'll get more horsepower from a dry pipe as opposed to a wet pipe.

Robbie
Old 01-07-2010, 11:00 AM
chaparral 97

ORIGINAL: cheesewizz69

There are a few thing right off the bat that will net you and 3-8mph. I am at work and don't have time to look at your pictures now, if you have posted any in this thread that is. But here are the first three things that come to mind. I am sure other will jump in to help.

If you have not already done so;
1) Get rid of the Clutch
2) Remove one of the rudders
3) Replace the telfon liner with a brass tube

Also the fastest boat doesn't always win the race.
What's involved with replacing the liner with a brass tube? Do you just shove it up there? Keep the same grease set-up?
Why more speed because of this?

Robbie
Old 01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
cheesewizz69

ORIGINAL: chaparral 97

What's involved with replacing the liner with a brass tube? Do you just shove it up there? Keep the same grease set-up?

Robbie
Robbie,

Just remove the liner and replace. Yes use the same grease. If the brass liner is too loose use a small amount of blue loctite or super glue... Not much just enough to keep it from sliding around. Why more speed? - less friction... the liner fits tighter around the flex shaft than a brass liner. How many racers use teflon liners, none at our club.

And your right the Enforcer is not a "Race Boat" Silex excluded, but she can run thru water others can't or wont. Fast does not always win the race.

Leo

Old 01-07-2010, 12:43 PM
chaparral 97

Thanks!

Robbie
Old 01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
magnum57

Great ideas
Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 06:49 PM
magnum57

off track for a second. check out this ZEILKE body i just received. this guy is an unbelievable artist
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93397.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	1352154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11625.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	1352155   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27485.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	1352156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37194.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	1352157  
Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 PM
chaparral 97

Robbie
Robbie,

Just remove the liner and replace. Yes use the same grease. If the brass liner is too loose use a small amount of blue loctite or super glue... Not much just enough to keep it from sliding around. Why more speed? - less friction... the liner fits tighter around the flex shaft than a brass liner. How many racers use teflon liners, none at our club.

And your right the Enforcer is not a "Race Boat" Silex excluded, but she can run thru water others can't or wont. Fast does not always win the race.

Leo

Just to clarify - are you saying the brass tube goes into the stuffing tube as the teflon liner would or do I replace the stuffing tube with the brass tube?
Robbie
Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 PM
chaparral 97

The fuel bag came today and it's in - ready for the pond tomorrow. May be a bit chilly but hey, it's Florida, how bad can it be?

An added bonus - I had a 3800 Mah 7 cell battery pack that went bad so I broke it up and found it was only one bad cell. So I made a 5 cell pack and this pack has already gone 3 full days of running and it's still in the safe zone. Incredible duration.
Robbie

Name:	Wt59034.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1352240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81943.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	1352241  
Old 01-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Dartman1074

What happend to you last weekend? We will be there Sunday.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 PM
cheesewizz69

Robbie,

The brass replaces only the liner. You insert it into the existing tube.

BTW if you can make it down to Amelia Park on Sunday RAM is having a one day race rumor has it Peter will bring out some of his toys.

Leo
Old 01-08-2010, 11:42 PM
chaparral 97

ORIGINAL: Dartman1074

What happend to you last weekend? We will be there Sunday.
I'm out of town working every other weekend which means I have to play with the boat during the week.
I'll see you guys this weekend.
Robbie
Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 PM
chaparral 97

Robbie,

BTW if you can make it down to Amelia Park on Sunday RAM is having a one day race rumor has it Peter will bring out some of his toys.

Leo
Thanks for the data. Where is Amelia Park?
Robbie
Old 01-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Jasontc31
My Feedback: (2)

I was looking at my Team Pro and noticed that the pulse line to the waterpump has about 1 inch of oil in it. I ran new clear waterlines about a year ago so I can see if there is any blockage. My waterpump still works fine. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Thanks Jason
Old 01-08-2010, 11:59 PM
cheesewizz69

Robbie, the park is here http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en...58148,0.107803

Jason, I would caution replacing the tubing as you have done. If you use tubing that has soft walls it may collapse on you and not pump as well. But if you get a good water flow while at idle then I guess you are ok. As for the oil some oil/fuel is normal as it is drawn in by the pulse.

Leo
Old 01-09-2010, 12:57 AM
halls

what size brass tubing do you use? And can you get it at a hardware store. thanks jim
Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 AM
afitzgerald1080

The fuel bag came today and it's in - ready for the pond tomorrow. May be a bit chilly but hey, it's Florida, how bad can it be?

An added bonus - I had a 3800 Mah 7 cell battery pack that went bad so I broke it up and found it was only one bad cell. So I made a 5 cell pack and this pack has already gone 3 full days of running and it's still in the safe zone. Incredible duration.
Robbie

Chilly is an understatement, it's 31 degrees and raining ever so slightly here in Port Saint Lucie, FL... isn't 32 degrees the freezing point of water? So 31 and slight rain... does that mean that it could be a chance of snow again
Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 AM
afitzgerald1080

[quote]ORIGINAL: chaparral 97

Robbie,

Leo
Thanks for the data. Where is Amelia Park

I believe it's in Miami
Old 01-09-2010, 10:53 AM
chaparral 97

ORIGINAL: afitzgerald1080

Robbie

Chilly is an understatement, it's 31 degrees and raining ever so slightly here in Port Saint Lucie, FL... isn't 32 degrees the freezing point of water? So 31 and slight rain... does that mean that it could be a chance of snow again
Well, I got an answer to my question of how bad can it be - Too damn cold and rainy for me to go out !
I've been in Florida too long and it thinned out my NY blood.

Robbie
Old 01-09-2010, 11:16 AM
afitzgerald1080

I've lived here my whole life, 29 years, and I don't ever remember it being this cold. I guess the super G is going to be sitting on the self again today, don't wanna risk having to swim for it again... not today!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:33 AM
chaparral 97

Get a Seylor Kayak. They're cheap. I got mine for $99. You could find an inflatable with oars cheaper than that probably.
Then rig yourself up a line with a little suction cup on the end to stick on your boat and Voila (that's french for "there you go").
Don't get a canoe - very unstable. I saw Dartman fall out of his getting his boat. HaHa

Robbie

Old 01-09-2010, 01:05 PM
monsterbrad

what do you guys think this boat is worth
It runs perfectly
RTR with no radio

Name:	He97285.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1352608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56041.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1352609  
Old 01-09-2010, 01:06 PM
screamer25cc
My Feedback: (2)

This is an awesome thread, I just ordered a mag 57 with the m5 upgrade from tony...used to have a man of war then I got stupid and sold it...well it's good to be back. Although its like 19F here now, and my pond is frozen....and there is a foot of snow outside. LOL Hopefully it will be spring soon.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:41 PM
cheesewizz69

I think the stuffing tube is 5/16 and a 9/32 or stock #1150 should slip right in. I get mine from my LHS. If you don't get it from your LHS make sure it is thin walled stuff.

Yeah for once the weather man got it right to darn cold for me today guess I have to bundle up for Sunday.

Leo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.