Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:20 PM
bookboy22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Thanks for all the great help Vertical, enjoy that new boat. Maybe my next boat will be an Enforcer Super G with the High Performance EZ25 (G260) Enforcer prepared Zenoah. That boat would be amazing. I installed the Traxxas 2055 servo for stearing. I'm also using my old tmaxx failsafe. I heard about full throttle run aways. I haven't taken the 2.5 EZ start2 off yet. It's so nice to just plug in and start the boat. Any way good luck with your new boat.

Thanks again

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51673.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	447556  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Yeah, the enforcer stuff is nice, My hull and clutch is enforcer and I believe the rudder they use is what I have which says octura on it....but i reallt do like the hull, its very solid and nicely built, the super G's are nice, mine is a sikk zenoah, 25cc, plenty of power there...clutch and water pump work awesome, I have about a 3-4 inch stream of water comming out idleing at stand still which is nice...like I have said I really like it...also very glad to know your vee is working well for you, gassers take a little harder tug to get started, but it can be a slower tug and once its been started it will start with one pull the rest of the day and run great...anyway hope to hear more from you...maybe you can get a GPS reading on that vee sometime. we should all try and get readings and put a post up with a sorta chart on whats done and what speed it made with those mods...thats be nice for newcomers to the nitro vees to see what they wanna do and what it will cost...jimbat10 will be fastest Im sure, I cant wait to see that thing go...of see what h e gets from it, If i leave before he has it going...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:18 PM
bookboy22

I had the vee out again this afternoon, and she is running amazing. I'm using wildcat premium xtra which is only 10% with 18%oil. My next batch will be the 15% with 18% oil. I can only imagine what 30% would be like. I sharpened my prop before running today, and I can't believe the difference in how the boat pops out of the water. Top speed was better than my last run. Does that bullet head make any difference in top speed. I would like to get one if it does. I'm pretty sure that the boat hits 30-35 mph right now, and once I flip back in the pull starter and go with a higher nitro fuel, its going to be a very fast nitro vee. I looked at the OS 18 but the trx 2.5 fit in smooth. The boat does not like turning in medium chop at high speeds. What boat does? I managed to spin out once today. Not bad for 1 hour. I would love to take some video and post it in the members video section. I'll do that once the boat is finnished. Almost hit a Canada goose at 30mph today!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Vertical3-D

Glad to hear its running good, the bullet nut may not make a noticable difference but it does smooth slow and looks killer...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:17 PM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Some pics of my set up for breaking in the engine.

Grinder.

Name:	Ge96263.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	448104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13708.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	448105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv52969.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	448106  
Old 04-20-2006, 03:55 AM
Woodmandan2

How are you even going to keep the water going through the engine when it has no room to move!
Old 04-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Vertical3-D

He has a line from that thing hanging in that bag, tough to see took awhile for me to catch that...
Old 04-20-2006, 09:24 AM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Somebody had mentioned using an empty 2L coke bottle upside down to run water into the engine, so that was my line of thinking. It is a grocery bag with a plastic jug in it with some fuel line running from the cap to the water pick up tube on the boat. I just refill the jug from the garden hose when the water level gets down low. And since the tub is on the deck i just put the garden hose in the tub and run it onto the ground and siphon the water to get it flowing then leave for work. Works great. Probably will run tank #3 through today. Do you guys use an exhaust gasket on you NV's cause on mine there's lots of oil in the boat after running.

Grinder.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Vertical3-D

Mine doesnt really leak, If its comming from the mainfold either its loose or you can get a new gasket...I'd say get that cooling system upgraded before running on the water...The way you have it should be fine but when running it may not recieve good cooling flow...Also the factory exhuast is a little on the non-performance side of things, but the cooling fixx is the big thing, and also, oil in hull equals unburnt gas in hull equals deteriorating ABS plastic, so make sure it gets cleaned out...really the crucial mods are the prop kit, best 15 bucks I have in my boat...and the cooling...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Vertical3-D

Well, someone inquired about buying my boat, so why I had it apart becuase he wanted pics of the cracks it had, I repaired the whole thing, and cleaned it all, and now he didnt even reply, It like this boats attached at the hip or something, Ill have to go run it tomorrow now that I fixed it all, may as well after doing all the work...hope it runs good for me, Ill also be taking the gasser out tomorrow again, I love that thing, I re-doing it with some new decals in the next two weeks or so, its new name..."The Reaper"...Its gonna look wicked...
Old 04-21-2006, 06:04 PM
bookboy22

Hey Vertical,

Your vee just doesn't want a new home. My vee is running amazing. Like you said would happen, the old exhaust tube connecting the header to the pipe cracked from the heat. I was only a matter of time. I'm now using my old tmaxx coupling with just a little piece of the old exhaust tube. It works better than the old setup, and the pipe sound is killer. Yesterday one of the batterys poped out and the boat went into a 20ft circle pattern at 1/4 throttle. The fail safe did nothing as all onboard power was lost. It finally circled its way to shore thank god. I made sure that won't happen anymore. The batterys are strapped in now. I'm now running on wildcat premium xtra 15%. It makes a little more power than the 10% I was using before. Trying to master the art of sharpening the octura x440 prop. I'm going to purchase another one which has been balanced sharpened and polished. Todays run was even better than yesterdays as the prop was sharpened last night. It pops out of the water and top speed is improved. I wonder what a professional prop job would do for performance. How many runs do you take between prop sharpening? Have a great weekend boating!

Here is a picture of the exhaust coupling. I can't wait to get that traxxas marine header when ever it's manufactured.

Name:	Xv63744.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	449095  
Old 04-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Vertical3-D

Good to hear its working well, mine wasnt evenr making one tank before I was splitting the coupling, then I tried some other stuff and it flaked apart and jammed my RTS so I couldnt get it in, had to let her drift in, then I got the CVEC couplers which are working well so far, If I do keep it much longer Ill put a tubular header on it, I use CF props also, no sharpening or balancing required, also only like 7 bucks a prop if that...I dont thing they are ever gonna make that header, you may get away with a different on for the 2.5 then cut it down, I dunno, youd have to shop around some, Those engines are great though so it should do well for you...I'lll probablly run mine tomorrow or sunday, I packed my gasser up for when I move monday, so no running that till I'm in Orlando...
Old 04-22-2006, 08:49 PM
jimbat10

About that bullet nut, I don't know what they do for speed, but I do know that all (real/not models)speed boats I see on the river have them.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Vertical3-D

I think the look of the bullet nut cant be beat, It will smooth flow, but as a noticable difference, it will have no affect...but they are real cheap and look wicked on there
Old 04-23-2006, 04:03 PM
kuhndog599

so does the nitro vee have like a battery in it to power the electric motor for the rts system?
Old 04-23-2006, 05:17 PM
redneckUSCG

i do not own a nitro vee but i am wondering how well the moter stays cool while idling in the water. i notised that some people have what looks like the water outlet connecting to the exhaust pressure tap. is that to create a suction to draw water into the water pickup when sitting still or is that just dumping water into the manifold and muffler for cooling
Old 04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Vertical3-D

It may have been to suck in waterm though probablly doesnt work well at all, I have mine going right out the side cuz I have a pipe, though if you wanna idle you may as well buy an electric boat, to answer the previos question the rx battery powers the RTS system....
Old 04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
bookboy22

Hey Vertical,

Had the vee2.5 out all weekend at the pond. I finnally removed the tmaxx EZ starter2 and put back in the trx 2.5 stock pull starter. The boat is lighter now and it wants to pop out of the water on standing starts. I'm pretty sure the top speed has improved, but the only way to truly measure is with a gun. I hope you had your crackerbox out. Did you race jimbat10's vee? His vee must fly with that tuned os .18.

Name:	Tr49616.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	450378  
Old 04-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Vertical3-D

jimbat10 doesnt have the .18 boat done yet, I got to run against his one stock pro .15 boat and mine was a bit faster, best radar run was 23mph on mine, dunno if its going faster or not, anyway it rolled, the after a rescues atempt it went nose up dunking everything, got it in finally thanks to an idea from jimbat10, then fired it up but the reciever may be toast, then jimbat10's stock boat flipped on the next run and went nose up only ten feet from shore so it got dunked too, not the best or worst sinking luck I have had, heck it could have sunk through some freak accident, as long as it comes home andd I got in at least one run then it was a good day...
Old 04-26-2006, 07:42 AM
jimbat10

I got the ebay Vee dryed out,installed new reciever & servo's,ran two and a half tanks of 30%,got it tuned and running very well. I did alot of temp. checks, the hottest I could get it was 190. It seemed to stay around 185 to 189. I'm thinking about trying 40%. I got my engine back Monday. I will post pictures and results as soon as I get it together. Its been one thing after another. Like putting a Dodge engine in a Ford. To fit a OS .18 CVR-MX in a Nitro Vee--So far I had to cut the alum engine mount plate, grind flats on engine mount washers. I made a flywheel,as the Traxxas flywheel I modified did'nt work after all. Lucky for me I have access to machine tools,because I don't know how else to make clutch work without custom made parts. I hope to have it together by the weekend,there's still alot to do,it is taking alot longer than I ever thought it would.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Vertical3-D

Well at least when it's all done it will be worth all the work, Then my boat will look very slow again
Old 04-26-2006, 08:57 PM
bookboy22

Hey jimbat10,

Keep up the hard work. That OS .18 sounds like one hell of a mod on the vee. This was the reason I went with trx 2.5 marine. It fit right in and I just needed the bellcrank for the carb. I'm sure that once you done your boat will be faster than mine.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:40 AM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER
My Feedback: (4)

hey everyone... sorry took me so long to jump back in here. but i am still kickin. havent had my vee out yet. as it still has a leak. think i might need to reset the needle as well..... but all is well. i am shocked to see that we have 11 pages worth for our nitro vees....lets keep it goin [8D]
Old 04-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Vertical3-D

geez, thought you diapeared for good there NITRO_VEEDRIVER, I had an awesome day today sailing a 16' catamaran with my dad off bradenton beach FLORIDA, we had it hauling, I think I may try and scratch enough up to buy one for the weekends while I'm here, If any of you get a chance thats a blast to do...anyway, hopefully get my vee out in the next two weeks sometime
Old 04-30-2006, 12:28 PM
jimbat10

I got the "racing barge" together. I did some break-in runs in a tub outside,sort'a like Grinder-RCU did. Good thing to because carb was anything but preset. The pull start SUCKS I wore the skin off my fingers.I ran 6 tanks thru. 3 just ideling,3 About 1/4 throttle & idel. After (finally) getting carb set, It started very well. I used heat gun to warm engine before starting,whitch made things alot easier.I was shocked at the low temps I was getting on my eBay Vee when running 30% nitro fuel, but I've since learned that you will run cooler with higher nitro %,because you can run richer. Anyway the modified OS .18 sounds scary great. Going to try to get it out to finish a couple break-in tanks on the river, and do some speed runs.Plan on posting pictures later this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.