Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

.12 Rigger Kits for CHEAP!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

.12 Rigger Kits for CHEAP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
barmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .12 Rigger Kits for CHEAP!

Ron...yes indeed those little .12's are a bit tight for that little belt that Glenn sells. I ended up with a dusting of belt parts all over the place! You may want to keep a 3/8" wrench handy to get the piston past the tight spot when starting.

I really need to get mine painted and back together soon!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh yeah, did that. I drug the toolbox upstairs also as I was going to load it up anyway once I got the boats fired up. I used the wrenches a lot today! Didn't mess around either as I cranked it over on 24 volts but the belt change made a big difference. Once I put that on, she spun over and fired right up!
I don't push the engines either, just getting the needle in the neighborhood then shut it down. I'd rather have something go wrong at home on dry land then to have something break on the water and lose the whole boat.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 PM
advanced builder

I like a old bk rubbery sewing machine belt. A little messy ,throws off small bk rubber specks all over.But it works. another option would be nice. The Octura belt seamed to stiff. A round belt??? Yes / no
Old 06-01-2010, 10:12 PM
barmonkey

"I'd rather have something go wrong at home on dry land then to have something break on the water and lose the whole boat"

Very solid advise indeed....

One thing I did not check on my .12 was the control arm on the carb. I wasn't getting any throttle movement after about the third tank. Everyone was telling me it was at the servo...I knew better...I put a black mark on the control rod right at the EZ connector...another good reason for a clear radio box lid! =)
Old 06-02-2010, 06:16 PM
amax

What position are y'all running the turn fin? On the front 2 dowels, the center 2 dowels, or the rear 2 dowels? I'm thinking center so I have support before and after it.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 PM
barmonkey

I am using the rear two holes and it handles/corners great.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:24 PM
amax

Well I have the Top Deck of the Extra Sponson Set to get on and start Sealing them, 2nd coat of epoxy is drying on the tub and Man It's Already starting to look As Slick as a Baby's Butt.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:48 PM
misshydro

got my 1440 from mark today!!! now its time to really see what this baby really do.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:22 AM
amax

Heres a little vid of some freinds running their JAE's in Vegas this weekend..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr3Q4A97w88&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Old 06-04-2010, 06:17 PM
amax

Here's Another,
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cFIUDHRItw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 AM
lipdaddy

Great vids AMAX! I go to that pond alot and have seen these boats run and they're awesome.

Not to thread jack but, it's almost no fun going there on sundays anymore. There seems to be more and more knuckle heads in that group. Last weekend a guy ran a UL-1 into a sailboat and the sailboat sank. I understand accidents, but some of these guys could care less and laughed when it happened. Not cool. I get some people don't like sailboats, but it's never funny when someone's boat sinks. End rant.

Again great vids!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:40 AM
amax

Not sure if it's the Same guys, I only know a few of the guys racing that are long time ******* members, they have their club race 1 time a month and I believe it's on Saturdays, They run RTR hydro, .18 riggers, Gas Mono, AND Sailboats,,, all in Separate Heats of course. The guys I do know are really nice folks and would never intentionally crash a sailboat and probably wouldn't be laughing if they K.O.ed one of theirs.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:41 AM
toyotatruckin

lipdaddy Not to thread jack but, it's almost no fun going there on sundays anymore. There seems to be more and more knuckle heads in that group.

Thats something that needs addressed, you guys need to start that club sit down and have club meetings also the take in you get from events, membership, and possibly donations, grab up a little bit better pick-up boat and trolling motor (check craigslist for that you look hard nuff something can be found under 500$ that will fit the bill) you guys are running some gas and faster boats out there now so being a little more organized would be a benefit to everyone
Old 06-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Hydro Rob

Its sad how one guy running a UL1 that no one has ever seen before, can sterotype an entire group of people. Just to let you know, the group you speak of is the same 10-20 guys that run on every sunday, who are the ones who race in the club races, the same ones who help out the other down on the water. For you to say that there are more knucle heads in that group is very disrespectful towards us who are trying to make a difference in the hobbyand frankly who would you be reffering too? And just so you know, the guy with the UL1 that slammed tonys sail boat, we dont know him, never seen him and havent seen him since. We dont allow any one to run while sails are in the water.

We dont allow 'Knucleheads' to ruin our fun and we teach proper running eddicute and they are not apart of "our group". And im not sure why its not fun for you to run on sundays anymore? We have a blast and im there every sunday for the past 4 years and have not met you that Ican recall. So if you would like to join us, we would be more than happy to have you head our electric class. We have several boaters who run liop's and no one to head the classes for them. So if you would like to be apart of making a difference and having fun please come down and meet me so we can set everything up.

Thanks for allowing me to clear that up, I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:49 PM
lipdaddy

You're right, that was disrespectful, my apologies. I shouldn't classify the group. There's alot of good guys with alot of knowledge out there.

I think I talked to you a couple weeks ago, I was fishing with my son. You came over to make sure nobody got hurt by the ramp. Before the black mono gasser went crazy.

I haven't ran a boat on a sunday in about four years. There's one or two individuals (I don't know them personally, just by face) that they're driving skills scare me to have my boat on the water at the same time as them. Had a couple close calls. I don't race, just "fun run" and found it more enjoyable during the week.

I appreciate the invite and again my apologies.

Ryan
Old 06-05-2010, 12:51 PM
lipdaddy

Just to get this back on topic, Rob your TZ powered JAE rigger looks great on the water.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Hydro Rob

Thanks Ryan, Yes I do remember you. Yea it can be a chore sometimes down there helping people understand how to drive, we are constantly helping those individuals be alert and become better drivers thats why were out of the water when they are running, but for the most part I know where your comming from.

Yes the JAE riggers have caught on heavily here we are testing a new one we just built tommorow, its adams boat, and there are about6 more out here almost done too. And some gas jae riggers that just went into the jigs. You shoudl really come out and help us out. Look forward to seeing you.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:31 AM
amax

I HATE Murphy and His Stinkin Laws,,, I think Everyone Of Em have hit me in the past week,,,[:@]
Old 06-09-2010, 08:47 AM
advanced builder

With the small fuel tank ,I noticed they launch under a min. Nice lookin video . We had frost waring in the Adirondack last night. Got my sweatshirt on today .I am ready to run. Ron. can you do something about the cold .I get my weather 1 day after you. When they die on the water they are very hard to see.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: amax

I HATE Murphy and His Stinkin Laws,,, I think Everyone Of Em have hit me in the past week,,,[:@]
Know what you mean! I spent last week on vacation trying to get 5 boats up and running, 2 JAE's and 3 gassers, only got one gasser running and wet finally on Sunday. The JAE's made me so mad that I felt the need to throw them in the driveway and make a few passes over them with the truck! No fault of the boats, just the builder. It's times that that which make me feel like a Noob.
If I could have gotten them going earlier in the week then I would have had to deal with nasty weather as we had it all last week, cold, rain and funnel clouds passing overhead. The rain raised the lakes and ponds but a lot of debris from the storms.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:51 AM
advanced builder

I'm trying to get a .21 Zppkit Rigger. done by Friday. I just put down a final coat of white on all sides. My cat is Not getting done. I want my cat!! No Painting, just control linkage. shaft placement drive line work.IT'S not getting done!! I wanted my own radio box .I will use what I got.
I hope you have a Great weekend,Ron You've put in the OT I have a race this weekend.
I wanted to get in a run, no time. Wedding, birthday party.Work around here. Both Riggers are ready.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:17 AM
TCHedOff

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: amax

Know what you mean! I spent last week on vacation trying to get 5 boats up and running, 2 JAE's and 3 gassers, only got one gasser running and wet finally on Sunday. The JAE's made me so mad that I felt the need to throw them in the driveway and make a few passes over them with the truck! No fault of the boats, just the builder. It's times that that which make me feel like a Noob.
If I could have gotten them going earlier in the week then I would have had to deal with nasty weather as we had it all last week, cold, rain and funnel clouds passing overhead. The rain raised the lakes and ponds but a lot of debris from the storms.

Ok spill the beans Ron... what'd ya do??
Old 06-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Ron Olson

It was just little things that all added up, drive dog got loose as did the flex cable collet, a throttle servo mount broke loose, finding out that the paint that I laid on wasn't fuel-proof when it was supposed to have been, the list goes on.
The gassers were just a load of joy also (note the sarcasm). What ran fine last year won't fire up this year but that also included a new RCMK. My fingers and palms were sore and swollen from pull-starting. Geezer wheels are looking better all the time.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:53 PM
amax

Well Shes getting Real Close to ready for paint.

And the Extra set of Sponsons are almost ready to
Old 06-09-2010, 08:14 PM
ondacomup76

That looks real nice. Those pics make me even more anxious to get mine. My kit should be here by Friday. How long did the build take you? Also, I bought this kit because of the claim that Icould use my car engine and the fact that it was fifty bucks. I have a team associated .18 from a tc3 and a brand new lrp Z.12R, anybody out there familiar with these engines and have an opinion as to how they would work in this boat and if they would be a good fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.