Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Serpents Den

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ok...that pond i think you mentioned earlier over by military circle, is a funkey upside down L shaped pond, between the end of Tarbell road and the corner of Ridings dr. and Twin Oaks rd. looks to be a nice size to play in

my TC31 is finally in for paint...cant wait to see how my bud does with the facelift, should have it back within a couple of weeks if all goes well....TS2 and TS3 are waiting for it ta be finished before they both go over next (gotta finish setting the mounting holes in TS3 before that happens lol )
Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 AM
advanced builder

Serpents Den, glad to here your hull is coming along. I'll go look at that pond you been talking about. I have been working on the Easy-Vee hull. Not much building left, Finishing is the next stage.I don't like finishing. elbow grease & lots of it
Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Blackout

Wow, allot of boat building in the Syracuse area! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

I have been thinking a TS3 with a stock O.S. might be a good boat for my 9 year old son to race.

I bought some MAS epoxy to try on my JAE 21. In the past I have used West System. The MAS is suppose to be better for finishing so we will see...
Old 08-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Serpents Den

hehe kewl Blackout....that TS3will be a screamer with a stock os on it...tuned right you could have it running 40-50 mph no probs...

yea Neil, been busy working on that boat and now have a break for a little bit...just wish i had the time to run one of my otherboats. my SV27 possibly this weekend if things go well....now preparing atm for another winter project too, will be picking up an RCMK engine to drop into another Cat hull for next spring. something about the sexy lines of a catamaran i just cant pass up....i know running gas will be quite a bit different than running nitro, but what the hell, cant pass up having a large boat in my collection was debating on TSB's Gen2 Super cat, Expresscraft Thunderbolt, AL Sprint Cat, AC R42....right now it looks like i'm leaning towards the Super cat or Thunderbolt but not ruling out the R42 or sprint cat (wanted one the first time i ever saw one years ago)
Old 08-25-2010, 06:48 PM
advanced builder

I may have some free time this weekend, Let me know if you feel like a run or 2
Old 08-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Serpents Den

sounds good, i'm prolly going to try a bench run one of these nights after work....get a feel for how this motor ran in my SV from previous owner...hopefully it'll be ok for sunday....after this weekend i go into my fall / winter work schedule....wed/thurs off, out by 9pm during week, sat home by 630pm, sunday by 430pm
Old 08-25-2010, 07:24 PM
advanced builder

Sunday @ 10-11 ish sounds good, I'll bring my 12' boat for retrieval. After this weekend it's all over as far as Summer goes around here. I better get my .21rigger back together ,It hit full open, boom tubs are toothpicks , I have another kit, to take the booms from. The way I drive I better get a few more boom tubes . I was Lucky for the little damage to the wood. The prop is mangled pretty bad I was hooking up good before the crash. Just a LITTLE MISTAKE at them speeds is fatal.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there too...

Joe
Old 08-27-2010, 08:21 AM
advanced builder

Looking good guy's nice racin weather my good friend Bob Steiner taking a run [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUaXSFeGp-Q[/youtube]
Old 08-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Serpents Den

*sigh*  sorry guys, i was stuck working till 330am, fell asleep around 7am because i was so wired from work and couldnt get to sleep........woke up around 2-230pm, day half shot and i still needed to get a couple of errands run......i was so bummed out and looking forward to showing up at the pond today......was still exhausted when i woke up lol, was 630 by the time i had all my errands done...
Old 08-30-2010, 08:22 AM
advanced builder

Were not done running yet ,got lots of time left. until the leaves drop. & after they drop ,see you soon.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Serpents Den

at least i wont be seeing another late night shift for a while....
Old 08-30-2010, 03:40 PM
advanced builder

After a recent weekend party, All my age are done working NO WORK ,or on unemployment. Make your money now, while you can . See you soon Brian
Old 11-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Blackout

Looks like it should be nice Saturday, 59 degrees and sunny. The pond is filling back up after the enlarging. Most of the weeds are gone. I will probably run some boats Saturday afternoon, if anyone wants to join me. I have a row boat for retrieving dead boats. It's my backyard farm pond. It is 600 feet long. The south (left) turnaround is 200 feet wide, the north turnaround is 175 feet wide, and the middle is 150 feet wide. I live in Canandaigua, NY. Here are some pictures...

Old 11-11-2010, 05:11 PM
advanced builder

WOW, we all need one of them. Looking good to me See you for lunch. Craig
I did talk to Bob propcircles, He's on.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

WOW, we all need one of them. Looking good to me See you for lunch. Craig
I did talk to Bob propcircles, He's on.
Sounds good!

We can grill hot dogs for lunch. How does that sound? Hot dogs are on me. You can bring chips if you want.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:06 PM
PropCircles

Sounds great to me. See you all tomorrow - what time is good for you? I'll bring beverages

Hey Neil - Can I drive the rigger...?[sm=what_smile.gif]

Bob
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: PropCircles

Sounds great to me. See you all tomorrow - what time is good for you? I'll bring beverages

Hey Neil - Can I drive the rigger...?[sm=what_smile.gif]

Bob
We are meeting at noon. Should be warm by then, it's getting cold at night.

My cell is 585-350-9853, if you have any problems.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:39 AM
advanced builder

Yes I just got my NIB Nova Rossi .12 5 port from Glenn. semi mod.I using my old crank ,got my 1 1/2 hrs mod into her.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:20 AM
advanced builder

Craig,
What a day, we all ran some nitro .Craig ,Your Hot dogs were the best. Thank You for the invite 55 mph on your Rigger, Very good job. Bob Thanks for the tour of the pier. Just a great day.
,I'll be back
. Neil
Old 11-14-2010, 12:48 PM
PropCircles

Craig,
thanks for the invite - had a great time. Finally got the gas cat started (figures - day late). We'll have to get together again some time.

Bob
Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Blackout

Craig,
thanks for the invite - had a great time. Finally got the gas cat started (figures - day late). We'll have to get together again some time.

Bob
I'm done cutting wood. Come on over...
Old 11-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Craig,
What a day, we all ran some nitro .Craig ,Your Hot dogs were the best. Thank You for the invite 55 mph on your Rigger, Very good job. Bob Thanks for the tour of the pier. Just a great day.
,I'll be back
. Neil
Yup, I had a good time too!

I was very happy to get my JAE up to a respectable speed. Removing one head shim did the trick.

My 3PKS was never broken. There is a switch on the side that allows you to turn on the display only and make adjustments without sending a signal. I must have hit that switch and thought the transmitter was stuck on.

Glad my Speedmaster 45 survived the hit on the north bank. That's what I get for trying to make a sharp left turn on a boat setup to turn right. [X(]

Once I build a driver stand centered on the straight away, it will be easier to drive fast around the island.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:02 PM
advanced builder

Craig,

Bob
What was it Bob?, That EVO ,looks like a riggers dream. One hard starter. One of Joe's Gas rigger's would be perfect. They arewide 24 ' inside the booms on the rig. Ya we know your a Catman
Joe , I did test 2 of the props. But my engine was fussy ,I added the upgraded carb on my engine It didn't like the carb. Bob the Gas guy that found a bad diagram. The carb that the engine came with is going back in. More Test is Needed. The SS X678/2 was tested first. I liked it. A big bite. The Brass 472/2 Bob loved that prop. Worked well with the hull. We both ran your 1450 on the .21 Zippkit riggers. Craig hit 55MPH right after a needle adjustment. Running 30 % nitro in his NR35+21
VIDEO updated Ck my site [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktDI847mPy8[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2fsY6j_qjI[/youtube]
Old 11-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Blackout

Neil, thanks for posting the videos! Slight correction, I have a .21 5-port running 25% nitro in the JAE rigger. That was the first time it was running good. I removed a head shim and that helped too. Neil's right, I ran no water to the head, otherwise it would run too cold. It has no cowl, so the cool air is enough.

I started digging the post holes for the driver's stand... I'll post pictures as it comes along... There is definitely a better view of your driving line to get around the island when standing in the middle of the pond. Where we were driving on Saturday, almost straight across from the island, it was difficult to tell whether we were going to hit the island. [X(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.