Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 AM
Billk44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Luc that's great news ,Were going to Ottawa, kinda. I did love the way the ladies dressed.Their hot Tom your welcome ,we did have fun Roger ,yes a little cocky , until we launch[>:] Bill I know how it feels my ..12 always did that until I used a setup board. What I found was the AoA of the riding surface were off. Front sponson,I'm talking - I rolled a small dia pipe to CK ,the right side AoA was different than the left. You don't have a zippkit rigger, but the setup is the same. And I changed my turn fin AoA ,the back side the holes are slotted. We even shim-ed the turn fin ,we can do that on a littler rigger as the speed is minimal. We slid the rear booms to one side
My driveline isn't coming until Sat mail so no rigger on Sat. Rain is in the forecast. But I have the .21 to test.New this season ,I will still use the old sponson's As the new ones still need painting.
Unless Someone has a 24''X 1/4'' cable to trade when mine comes in. I'll give Bob a call ,he may have a spare. I will be testing the Voodoo 7020/2 blade.
Ah, but I do have a JAE Gas rigger. I tried the new T/F and slotted for adjustment also. I also tried an Accu-Tech T/F and the pulling was not as bad. What angle did you set the AOA at? For heat racing I do not go over 3.5*.

OT - for this years points finale giveaway I am considering donating an AB SGX 45, 80% complete kit.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Craig is correct about the rudder on the gas boat.
Making the rudder deeper cures the right pull.
We have also mounted a small fin to the rear ski and that works well too.

The issue with the JAE Gas Outrigger is when going fast.
At top speed, the hull lifts completely out of the water, allowing a huge increase in speed.
When that happens, the only thing preventing the prop from walking across the surface is the rudder.
With the rear ski 1/4 inch off the water surface, that leaves very little rudder in the water to prevent prop walk.

The new JAE Gas V2 has many changes over the original. Most of the changes are to make the boat easier to build and setup.
The rudder is also mounted on the left side of the tub, and as low as possible.
With a 2818 prop, the new boat goes straight with very little left trim.

If you have a JAE Gas Outrigger and need to cure a right pull, lower the rudder or install a small fin at the rear of the ski.
We can provide these small fins free of charge to anyone that purchased a boat from us.

Joe
Thanks Joe. Good advice. I suspected it was prop walking and also ran a round tip 2818.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 AM
advanced builder

Bill,
I went by how much of the small pipe rolled ,under that sponson. You can shim & glue the AoA you want. Or get 2 new ones that match. I can make a new set in a week or so. If I had a spare set.
. I built the bad ones so it does happen ,but I know what to double CK when building a set. I've built a few sets. And I got my new reading glasses. That was a problem ,my sight without the right glasses.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Billk44

Bill,
I went by how much of the small pipe rolled ,under that sponson. You can shim & glue the AoA you want. Or get 2 new ones that match. I can make a new set in a week or so. If I had a spare set.
. I built the bad ones so it does happen ,but I know what to double CK when building a set. I've built a few sets. And I got my new reading glasses. That was a problem ,my sight without the right glasses.
Sponson tips are even and the AOA is within spec. Mike Walker built this one for me. The boat is not trying to fly anyway (high AOA). I think the deeper rudder may do it. Even though I am running it full length, the hull lifts significantly at speed and there may not be enough blade in the water. I am running a 230oz servo, so it is not that.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 PM
gassertom

Joe
Thanks for your super fast service. Greatly appreciated.
A big thanks also for Cindy's T-shirt.

Tom
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
fritzz13

ORIGINAL: ozzy1

Thank you Luc for that info Ozzy
thank you for what??????
Old 03-29-2012, 03:46 PM
advanced builder

I have a spare Speedmaster rudder , I can install that rudder and get 1/2 " more depth without re-drilling holes. If I re-drill I can get 1 " more in depth. Let s run it and see how she acts. We know how to go slow. I hate it . I had an ideal of adding a water pickup in that ski. incorporate the water intake with a skeg. I re-drilled all water nipples for more water flow. I've seen how a hot engine runs slower. You've heard it here first.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:36 PM
fritzz13

hi neil how are you,how is everything.guess you heard the good news we found a new pond.hope to see you this summer,fred,ovr.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:41 PM
advanced builder

I just went to the site and the news is very good. 5 min's from the old site with better camping ,longer straightaway ,sounds like a winner.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:29 PM
advanced builder

My Danger Zone is getting a new extended rudder. I happen to look at the setup and noticed the prop is behind the 4 " rudder extension. That may be some stop the spin-out.We did get it turning nicely, after some changes. but it was a challenge.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 AM
advanced builder

Craig I ended up getting a real boat. http://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/2931822086.html
Old 03-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Billk44

Neil, real boats for you and guns for me. Just picked up a Sig P226. All toys to play with. Best of luck with it.
Bill
Old 03-31-2012, 01:07 PM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Billk44

Neil, real boats for you and guns for me. Just picked up a Sig P226. All toys to play with. Best of luck with it.
Bill
I had my hand on a old rifle today Winchester 2520 bolt action. I have several LH guns all hunting stuff. My 1187 rem shotgun is a nail tacker.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Blackout

Bill
Nothing like a Sig Sauer!! The 226 was my second hand gun to own. Very nice gun for sure! I have probably 5,000 rounds through it, but that was all put through when ammo was cheap.... I have plenty of pre-ban 15 and 20 round mags for it, but Bill, you don't have to worry about that being in PA.

Nice thing about Stony Pond, is you can shoot guns after running boats.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Blackout

Craig I ended up getting a real boat. http://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/2931822086.html
The boat looks good! Should be allot of fun!

The water was nice on the pond yesterday. Just a little ripple from a slight north wind. It was cold though! I have the pond level an inch higher than the last time we ran. Once we get the few roots cuts at the island, we will be able to drive right over it.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:11 PM
advanced builder

here you go I'm building a stand for the gas rigger I had no way to carry the big girl. I have a colostomy this week ,just what I need. I will be ready Thursday afternoon to run ,all cleaned out.I found this old vid it's a few years old http://youtu.be/B3VS8cPuiZA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17497.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1745595  
Old 04-01-2012, 03:38 PM
PropCircles

Nice looking boat Neil. Should be a lot of fun. V6 or 4 cyl ?
Looks like a walk thru bow too.

Bob
Old 04-01-2012, 04:36 PM
advanced builder

4 cyl Bob I have 4 marinas within 5 miles from my home so,I'll stay close to home. Will CK the seasonal rates first. I need more time to goof off. I'm after some river monsters, Jeremy Wade style.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Bill
Nothing like a Sig Sauer!! The 226 was my second hand gun to own. Very nice gun for sure! I have probably 5,000 rounds through it, but that was all put through when ammo was cheap.... I have plenty of pre-ban 15 and 20 round mags for it, but Bill, you don't have to worry about that being in PA.

I take it NY still bans high cap mags? Does that include the AR's?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Bill

I take it NY still bans high cap mags? Does that include the AR's?
Yes, George Pataki passed a NY gun ban bill on top of the Clinton bill that will never expire!! It bans mags over 10 rounds and assult rifles with flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, and folding stocks. Luckily, I have enough guns already and plenty of grand fathered high capacity mags. We just can't enjoy any of the new stuff.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 PM
gassertom

Anybody going to test this weekend? Saturday's weather (so far) looks pretty good. We're anxious to try out the (2) "new to us" monos.
Tom & Cindy
(I'll make brownies again, cd)
Old 04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
advanced builder

I'm in any day
Old 04-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Anybody going to test this weekend? Saturday's weather (so far) looks pretty good. We're anxious to try out the (2) ''new to us'' monos.
Tom & Cindy
(I'll make brownies again, cd)
Saturday sounds good!

Sunday is Easter, so I'm out that day.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:15 PM
PropCircles

I'm good for Saturday. The vector mono is all set to go
I'll bring some chicken for the grill with the usual extra's

Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 AM
engineman351

I am planning on running a couple of tunnels Thursday night if it isn't too cold. I'm not sure if I am a free agent on Saturday...depends if the wife is working or not. What time do you think the Saturday festivities will ensue?? Roger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.