Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Did you sink that bouy that jumped out in front of you as well
Old 05-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Pretty much!

I ordered some pond dye to try out on Stony Pond. I sprayed the algae yesterday afternoon as well, but did not get time to spray all of it.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:46 PM
advanced builder

Cindy thanks for the vid. My one shinning moment. 5 hulls running is crazy ,to try Thanks to my helpers I did race some. I had less than a OZ of fuel left in the tank on the cat.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:55 PM
gassertom

Craig, thanks for posting the videos. At least I can figure out how to get them on to You Tube! Really appreciate your help - hope you can help with the videos we take in Charleston.
Cindy and Tom
Old 05-21-2012, 04:01 PM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Blackout

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Pretty much!

I ordered some pond dye to try out on Stony Pond. I sprayed the algae yesterday afternoon as well, but did not get time to spray all of it.
I got one too. mine hit the pipe that the nail sits in. and nicked my rudder and damaged my prop. So stay away from buoys boys
Looking good Craig them water weeds are crazy this season. Gotta be our warm winter.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Blackout

Watch out gas mono guys!! Daniel Place is modding my K30S next week!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:35 PM
advanced builder

I somehow knew you were up to something. Craig. My Vee was a bust last weekend. Were still shooting for a 123 Finnish this season. Of course we all want 1st I will do some Vee testing over here with my big boat. If that QD acts up I'll pull it quick and add the M&D engine. My gas rigger need some more testing and a change in setup. So the gas rigger is down until I do some work to the sponsons. Or move the driveline to the right. She just ain't safe the way it is. I won't drive it.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:07 AM
Blackout

Stony Pond is open for testing all weekend, including Monday. Let me know when or if anyone wants to come down. I have a birthday party to go to on Saturday, in the early afternoon.

We have two new paid members, Jeff and Rob Kendall. Welcome aboard!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Canadian LoCo

Got this today From the Elmira club for those who plan
on attending this event please forword your info to Pete Forcier.

District 1 Championship Race

This race will be held at Brick Pond, Elmira NY on June 9-10. Open water will be available on Friday, June 8 from noon until 6PM. Due to township restrictions, racing begins at 10AM sharp and ends at 6PM sharp.

Please let Pete Forcier and I know what classes and frequencies you plan to enter via email. The sooner, the better. If you prefer paper, please send your entries to Pete at: 815 Chambers Road, Horseheads NY 14845 . [email protected]

Thanks much,
Bill Kozuck
Old 05-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Blackout

I don't have any boats ready for Tunnel Thursdays. Been so busy at work, but that is good.

I'm going to replace the boom tubes on my Zippkit .21 rigger and install a non-adjustable Z strut that Neil had given me a while back. While my brass strut works, its does flex a little which can't be good. I'll give the hull a good look over. I think I will run 4 boats for the next Brick Pond race. I ran 3 last weekend and that went smoothly.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:13 PM
engineman351

Craig, My son and I will be out tonight to run a couple of tunnels. Roger
Old 05-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Craig, My son and I will be out tonight to run a couple of tunnels. Roger
Sounds good!

Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 PM
gassertom

Hi Guys - made it to Charleston today and took a video of the pond before all the action starts.  Craig, it's on You Tube under Charleston RC Pond - May 24th.  Could you please download it and let us know how to do it and we'll post the rest of the ones we take this week.  
The pond is in a very secluded spot and has plenty of room on all sides.  Open water tomorrow - hope to see if the changes we made to the 20 mono were in the right direction.
Tom and Cindy
Old 05-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Canadian LoCo

Here the link guys
I hope you have a grea time and win a few races Cant win them all LOL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5MT7zIcyCU
Old 05-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Blackout

Cindy, Awesome site! Thanks for uploading videos! We know your YouTube channel, so we'll be checking often.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Blackout

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5MT7zIcyCU[/youtube]

Cindy, after watching your video, copy the URL link with ctrl-c. Then go to RCU and click the "YouTube" button in the response screen. Then put the cursor between "[youtube]" and "[/youtube]". Hit ctrl-v to paste the URL link. Hope that makes sense....

Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 AM
advanced builder

Thanks Craig I just seen who posted the vid Tom Likes his cold ones, Thanks Cindy Good luck and bring home a trophy. Were all cheering you on ,Tom can do the Budweiser shoot out.
Looks like a nice pond.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am planning to go to Stony Pond next Saturday and Sunday (June 2 & 3) to get the boats ready for the Championship race in Elmira the following weekend.
Anyone else?

Joe
Old 05-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

I am planning to go to Stony Pond next Saturday and Sunday (June 2 & 3) to get the boats ready for the Championship race in Elmira the following weekend.
Anyone else?

Joe
Sounds good Joe. Are you going to bring the camper and spend the night? You are welcome to.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:35 AM
advanced builder

Better count me in for 1 of the 2 days
Old 05-27-2012, 02:43 PM
gassertom

Hi Guys,
Cindy has posted a couple of videos from Charleston on You Tube - take a look, if interested. They're of the F Hydros.
Cindy ran her 20 mono today in (3) heats, first one we couldn't get it started, although we had started it 5 minutes before with no problem. The 2nd and 3rd heats the boat took 3rd and 4th - but was a real dog. Am having trouble getting a needle setting here. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. The wind was out of control today, reminded us of some days at Craig's! - Nice to feel at home. The hurricane coming is threatening to bring heavy rains tomorrow and Tuesday. Will see. I'll be attempting to run the JAE 21 on Tuesday and Wednesday. We're getting alot of hints and learning alot down here. Looking forward to Elmira and hopefully trying out what we're learned.
Tom and Cindy
Old 05-27-2012, 04:02 PM
advanced builder

I did get to run my gas Vee today. Same results 1/2 a lap and quit. I finally got a few good ones. She handled the rough water fine. I stall out when I come off a turn. I'm adding the M&D and pulling the QD my throttle linkage need to be cable?????? I will take her back out in the morning with a smaller prop. She's fast with QD but not dependable. The M&D will compete. I like my setup so far. I got a few good jumps in the lake had boater waves. I tried to get a open bay ,but way to many boaters today. I got my fishing pole out. I will get up early and test before the boater come out.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:31 PM
gassertom

First two days of racing completed today - Cindy finished in the top (5) which qualified her to compete for US 1 in 20 Mono. We're both pleased, considering how bad the Mono had handled in the past. She's decided not to go for it, as the boat isn't up to the competition of the other qualifiers.
Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be attempting to compete with the 20 JAE. Hope I can do as well as her!
Have (1) video to post on You Tube from the F Mono race today - be sure to see the end of the race - cool finish!
Tom
Old 05-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: gassertom

First two days of racing completed today - Cindy finished in the top (5) which qualified her to compete for US 1 in 20 Mono. We're both pleased, considering how bad the Mono had handled in the past. She's decided not to go for it, as the boat isn't up to the competition of the other qualifiers.
Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be attempting to compete with the 20 JAE. Hope I can do as well as her!
Have (1) video to post on You Tube from the F Mono race today - be sure to see the end of the race - cool finish!
Tom
Congrats! And thanks for sharing video!

I got the .21 Zippkit rigger running again today! Ran great until I smacked bouy 6 hard. All seems o.k. though.

Before running today, I did notice a slight twist in the tub. It must have happened during a hard hit last year, but it ran straight and true today.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:44 PM
advanced builder

I got to see the videos thanks Tom and good luck. This week.
I went to the lake and I got some very good runs in my gas Vee The hull is ready. One of my water outlets moved and was aimed right at the carb. Yup a blown ring or rod. I haven't looked yet. I did get the feel of the hull before the blown whatever. I better learn how a QD works
. I was ready to race ,now back to a rebuild. I'm peed The gas rigger will have to wait. I can run my .45 rigger in open rigger. She's ready to test. I still want to go back to the 3 rd channel. Someday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.