Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 PM
sgbfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Lol, I fully intend joining you guys in this one day soon

EBO
Old 10-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Ddaddy

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Lol, I fully intend joining you guys in this one day soon

EBO
No way we're telling you the PW!

Old 10-13-2012, 02:02 AM
ahamay

Howdy all...sorry missed the Phoenix fun this morning due to the wifes birthday commitments....

Iwas just doing my pre flight check and oil lubing on the 450's ready for some flying tomorrow....spinning the rotor by hand something didn't sound right. Turns out the bolt on one of the swash locker arms that bolts to the fbl head has sheared off. Not sure when it's happened but I'm glad Ifound it before trying to fly it as it would have ended in disaster. Just goes to show you the importance of pre-flight checks...

Old 10-13-2012, 02:15 AM
ahamay

Finished up today at Max Brenner's .....Yum. Anyway after the suger rush wore off Imanaged to take this pic. This is basically my backyard... Marina Mirage - Gold Coast. Hope everyone gets some flying in this weekend...and Brian gets some relaxing done.

Full res pic -> HERE

Old 10-13-2012, 02:37 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Finished up today at Max Brenner's .....Yum. Anyway after the suger rush wore off I managed to take this pic. This is basically my backyard... Marina Mirage - Gold Coast. Hope everyone gets some flying in this weekend...and Brian gets some relaxing done.

Full res pic -> HERE

[img][/img]

Wow!! Lovely, looks like my office!!

Thanks for sharing!

Re: Relaxing. None on day 1

B

Old 10-13-2012, 05:34 PM
ingleburn

Howdy all...sorry missed the Phoenix fun this morning due to the wifes birthday commitments....

Iwas just doing my pre flight check and oil lubing on the 450's ready for some flying tomorrow....spinning the rotor by hand something didn't sound right. Turns out the bolt on one of the swash locker arms that bolts to the fbl head has sheared off. Not sure when it's happened but I'm glad Ifound it before trying to fly it as it would have ended in disaster. Just goes to show you the importance of pre-flight checks...

Yeah I missed the Phoenix fun as well due to working night shift.

Glad you caught that bolt in time Jonesy. Would have been an interesting flight.

You live in a great part of the world, want to swap.

Parts arriving tomorrow for the GT so Ill see how that goes and got an email from oomodel asking why I have items in my cart?

I guess you know whats in the cart. To buy or not to buy.

@ Brian. Have fun and enjoy.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:39 PM
hfenn

Finished up today at Max Brenner's .....Yum. Anyway after the suger rush wore off I managed to take this pic. This is basically my backyard... Marina Mirage - Gold Coast. Hope everyone gets some flying in this weekend...and Brian gets some relaxing done.

Full res pic -> HERE

[img][/img]
That's real nice, a back yard you don't have to mow!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:15 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Glad you caught that bolt in time Jonesy. Would have been an interesting flight.
Guess it was a sign...as Icrashed the bugger this morning. Vid on youtube. Post mortem... no visible damage which was lucky but I'll replace the main, feathing and tail shaft as I do after any crash.

I've got another tgy306g servo arriving for it this week, so I'm going to tear it down and check all the bearings etc as well. It's done around 110 flights according to my flight log.

Jonesy

Old 10-14-2012, 04:57 PM
ingleburn

Guess it was a sign...as Icrashed the bugger this morning. Vid on youtube. Post mortem... no visible damage which was lucky but I'll replace the main, feathing and tail shaft as I do after any crash.

I've got another tgy306g servo arriving for it this week, so I'm going to tear it down and check all the bearings etc as well. It's done around 110 flights according to my flight log.

Jonesy

Wow I cant believe there wasn't any damage. Maybe it was a sign that you need to give it an overhaul and with that new servo coming what better time than now.

My parts came this morning so Im doing the same.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:09 PM
ahamay

Jonesy
Wow I cant believe there wasn't any damage. Maybe it was a sign that you need to give it an overhaul and with that new servo coming what better time than now.
My parts came this morning so Im doing the same.
Servo just turned up. Just waiting on the little adapter bracket to fit it to the tray.

Looking back at the video I've hit TH with full collective so it's kind of autoratated and washed a lot of headspeed off and landed in the nicest plush long bit of grass I've ever seen. Istill can't believe there was no damage. The blades havn't even folded back and put that little notch in the back of the blade down near the root from the blade grip. Was extremely lucky.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 AM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Yea Intenet is back here is the 450 from yesterday Brian thanks she is fast as you may see the retracts work!
Hugh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HwGSqTnx3M[/youtube]
Old 10-15-2012, 09:34 PM
ingleburn

Just noticed this pop up at oomodel. www.oomodel.com/tarot-zyx12-gyro-bluetooth-adapter-for-tarot-450-flybarless-syst-p-64098.html

You can tweak the ZYX on your phone or tablet in the field. Only problem is I cant find the software for it yet.

Also saw these. www.oomodel.com/align-trex-450-parts-h45183-new-tail-pitch-control-link-p-63798.html

They are a bit shorter than the originals so you can centre the slider and have some pitch built in.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 PM
ahamay

Just noticed this pop up at oomodel. www.oomodel.com/tarot-zyx12-gyro-bluetooth-adapter-for-tarot-450-flybarless-syst-p-64098.html
You can tweak the ZYX on your phone or tablet in the field. Only problem is I cant find the software for it yet.
Also saw these. www.oomodel.com/align-trex-450-parts-h45183-new-tail-pitch-control-link-p-63798.html
They are a bit shorter than the originals so you can centre the slider and have some pitch built in.
Ihave a set of those new control links. The m2x8 collar screws are phillips and not hex. Not what I would expect from Align.

I did see a demo of the android app somewhere but the app was all in chinese.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 AM
ahamay

TGY-306G Digital Servo

Just a heads up on these.... Iwould highly recommend putting the smallest amount of thread lock on the 4 servo case screws. The new one I just recieved has one screw fallen out and the others loose. Ialso checked the other one that I've been using and the 4 screws were very loose as well. Don't overtighten them though.

You know the rule....metal to metal.

Jonesy

Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM
ingleburn

TGY-306G Digital Servo

Just a heads up on these.... Iwould highly recommend putting the smallest amount of thread lock on the 4 servo case screws. The new one I just recieved has one screw fallen out and the others loose. Ialso checked the other one that I've been using and the 4 screws were very loose as well. Don't overtighten them though.

Jonesy

Thanks for the tip. Ill make sure I check mine before I install it. What bracket did you use. This one. www.oomodel.com/rudder-servo-mountfor-9g-servotl2607-p-60939.html

Old 10-16-2012, 02:49 PM
ahamay

TGY-306G Digital Servo

Jonesy
Thanks for the tip. Ill make sure I check mine before I install it. What bracket did you use. This one. www.oomodel.com/rudder-servo-mountfor-9g-servotl2607-p-60939.html
Yup... that the one.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 AM
ingleburn

Started the rebuild of the GT this afternoon and hit a snag straight away.
The Tarot tail drive gear assembly I received was a piece of junk.
The drive gear was so warped it wasnt funny and one of the bearings was nearly seized.
In the end I used the old gear and luckily had a new bearing so heres hoping it works ok.

On a brighter note the tarot main gear set looks to be ok and the main shaft blocks and bearings are good as well.
Working away on the weekend so wont have it ready to fly till next week.

I see thay HK will soon stock the Robird G31 FBL Gyro. If the price is right I might give one a go. www.youtube.com/watch
Old 10-17-2012, 05:20 AM
Edmund2

Did you tell Tarot about their quality issues you found?

I did not get any flying time nor shooting time last weekend as farming took up all the time, enjoyed every minute of it. Not complaining as I went all over and saw all the areas I did not see before. Athletics this coming weekend so flying only due on the 27th.

Edmund
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Did you tell Tarot about their quality issues you found?

I did not get any flying time nor shooting time last weekend as farming took up all the time, enjoyed every minute of it. Not complaining as I went all over and saw all the areas I did not see before. Athletics this coming weekend so flying only due on the 27th.

Edmund
Ive bought a fair few Tarot parts and this is the first bad one Ive had so cant complain to much I suppose. Got it from an Australian supplier so might send them an email but as Ive already replaced the gear and bearing I cant send it back for replacement anyway.

Sorry you didnt get any flying in but glad you enjoyed the weekend anyway.

Just been looking at these Turnigy servos. www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp Might be good for the cyclic.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:12 AM
ahamay

Ive bought a fair few Tarot parts and this is the first bad one Ive had so cant complain to much I suppose. Got it from an Australian supplier so might send them an email but as Ive already replaced the gear and bearing I cant send it back for replacement anyway.

Heads up on Tarot mcpx feathering shafts from oomodel. Bought a few of these on my last order to see if they were any good....nope. They are too large to fit through the bearing's.

www.oomodel.com/tarot-parts-tl80002-mcpx-feathering-shaft-p-63254.html

Old 10-20-2012, 06:14 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

WOW this is the quietest this forum has been!
  I hope that all is well with everyone.
Anyone getting any flying in or just repairs and building?
 Hope to fly tommrow whith the GA gang, weather permitting.
Brian alls well? How about the people down under?
Out west? Next door.
  I guess not much new here either just work and work.
Take care Hugh
Old 10-20-2012, 10:42 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: hugj

Agree, was just thinking the same.

Got some stick time in this morning early.

Replaced the DS520 with the tgy306 on my #1 450 PRO. Flew 3 packs on it this morning, massive improvement in the tail. Very happy. This was the one Icrashed last week with no damage, not even grass stain on my white tail blades lol...still can't believe it.

Also did 3 packs on the #2 450 PRO with the zyx (non s version). I think I'm going to bite the bullet and upgrade this to 3.5 the same as #1 as the difference in the way they both fly is noticeable.

3 of my 5 Turnigy Lipo 2200mah packs have given up the ghost. They are not puffing but i'm only getting 3 minutes instead of 5 @ 80%. They all have around 180-200 cycles on them (and quite a few crashes from when Ifirst started learning). I've got 2 nano-techs which are performing great. I think I'll get another couple of those.

Been flying the heck out of my mcpx and it's cosmetically bad at the moment, tape and hot glue is my friend. Got sick of busting mainshafts at the top where the screw goes through (splitting), so I've now got an aliminium shaft, see how that goes.

Can't wait for the nano cpx it hit the shelves here, should be a ripper.

Best to all, hope your getting heaps of flying done.

Jonesy

Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: hugj

Agree, was just thinking the same.

Got some stick time in this morning early.

Replaced the DS520 with the tgy306 on my #1 450 PRO. Flew 3 packs on it this morning, massive improvement in the tail. Very happy. This was the one Icrashed last week with no damage, not even grass stain on my white tail blades lol...still can't believe it.

Also did 3 packs on the #2 450 PRO with the zyx (non s version). I think I'm going to bite the bullet and upgrade this to 3.5 the same as #1 as the difference in the way they both fly is noticeable.

3 of my 5 Turnigy Lipo 2200mah packs have given up the ghost. They are not puffing but i'm only getting 3 minutes instead of 5 @ 80%. They all have around 180-200 cycles on them (and quite a few crashes from when Ifirst started learning). I've got 2 nano-techs which are performing great. I think I'll get another couple of those.

Been flying the heck out of my mcpx and it's cosmetically bad at the moment, tape and hot glue is my friend. Got sick of busting mainshafts at the top where the screw goes through (splitting), so I've now got an aliminium shaft, see how that goes.

Can't wait for the nano cpx it hit the shelves here, should be a ripper.

Best to all, hope your getting heaps of flying done.

Jonesy

Hi guys, just got back from a weekend working away.
Yeah it has been quiet here lately. Maybe cause Mr blather has been on holidays.

I had some of those feathering shafts in my cart but if they wont fit then out they go.
Glad to hear the turnigy servos are working out. Maybe time to place that order for the pro and build a half decent heli for a change.
Will also keep an eye on my lipos but I already have 3 nanotechs brand new so no problems when I need some new ones.

Well the rebuild of the GT is done and its ready to test fly when I get the time. Only problem I had was put the belt on the wrong way so the tail was spinning in reverse.
Glad I checked it and an easy fix so all good. If it is still playing up this time Im giving up on GT's and going to pros.

Must get my MCPX out more and start learning inverted. Dont think Ill even look at the Nano, got to much stuff that doesnt get flown at the moment and I cant even remember the last time I flew my MQX.

Anyway glad someone is getting some flying in. Make the most of it before you swap helis for nappies and no sleep.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:50 AM
ahamay

Glad to hear the turnigy servos are working out. Maybe time to place that order for the pro and build a half decent heli for a change.

Miracle Mart have free shipping on the Tarot PRO 450 V2 if your thinking about one. It says worldwide so I presume this includes to AU. Comes in black or silver. Looks like a good deal with free shipping....

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8538

Old 10-21-2012, 10:33 AM
rikybob

Hiya all!

Been lurkin' here and there and I suspect you secretly miss my "overabundance of personality"!

You will be pleased to know that wifey and I had a blast in the mountains (our second trip this year)!

We spent 5 days with friends and their beautiful mountain home and then to a very eccletic communty, [link=http://www.exploreasheville.com/]Asheville, North Carolina![/link] It's motto is, "Keep Asheville weird"!

The Wx was lovely with highs in the 60's and low's just above freezing. We returned to Florida in a 1 hour plane flight (takes 11 by car) to find 82F and 62F in the night!

Glad some of you are flyin' and hope al is well!

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.