Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 03:50 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ok now that I am at the right screen here is the link.
www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p
Hugh
Old 11-30-2012, 07:55 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ok... Ihave an excuse for not much flying...what's everybody elses story ?

Have 2 new nano motors on the way next week which will replace the failing one. Thanks ingleburn, seems they are in high demand as they are very hard to get.

In other news, it looks like blade are about the venture into a 600 or 700 size heli in the coming weeks...could even be a 550 size and in kit form most likely. There's a bit of a teaser countdown on their website -> http://www.bladehelis.com/newera/

First day of summer here tomorrow but the heat has come early with 35 degrees here today. We have a seabreeze which helps keep things bearable.

Congrats to Simon for braving some inverted on the 450 and bringing it home safely.

Hope everyone is getting some flying in.

Jonesy

I think at the moment my baby is more work than yours.
Broken frame, tail, landing skids and Im sure the motor has gone as when I switch into IU the head speed stays the same and it takes a lot more pitch to keep it up.
But at least I can throw it in the corner when Ive had enough.
Which place did you use for your motors?
Just hit 37 degrees here and no breeze so no good for flying, only swimming.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:56 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: hugj

ok now that I am at the right screen here is the link.
www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p
Hugh
Sorry about the crash but the replacement is one good looking plane.
Cant wait to see a video.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ok... Ihave an excuse for not much flying...what's everybody elses story ?
Have 2 new nano motors on the way next week which will replace the failing one. Thanks ingleburn, seems they are in high demand as they are very hard to get.
In other news, it looks like blade are about the venture into a 600 or 700 size heli in the coming weeks...could even be a 550 size and in kit form most likely. There's a bit of a teaser countdown on their website -> http://www.bladehelis.com/newera/
First day of summer here tomorrow but the heat has come early with 35 degrees here today. We have a seabreeze which helps keep things bearable.
Congrats to Simon for braving some inverted on the 450 and bringing it home safely.
Hope everyone is getting some flying in.
Jonesy
I think at the moment my baby is more work than yours.
Broken frame, tail, landing skids and Im sure the motor has gone as when I switch into IU the head speed stays the same and it takes a lot more pitch to keep it up.
But at least I can throw it in the corner when Ive had enough.
Which place did you use for your motors?
Just hit 37 degrees here and no breeze so no good for flying, only swimming.
Ordered the motors from modelflight.com.au. We got to 34 here today, but we spent most of the day inside in aircon watching v8 supercars.... same tomorrow by the looks of it.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 AM
ingleburn

Ordered the motors from modelflight.com.au. We got to 34 here today, but we spent most of the day inside in aircon watching v8 supercars.... same tomorrow by the looks of it.

Last time I checked they were out of stock so they must have got more in.
The biggest problem I have is finding a place that has everything I need in stock. Most of the time something is on back order.
Went towww.perthrc.com.au/ today and found everything I needed and in stock.

Looks like the nano motor is still good. Pulled the feathering shaft today and it looked like a boomerang.Straightened it out and flies like a dream again.
MCPX is another story. Lost a main shaft bearing and dont have a spare. Lucky for me the second one is up and running again.
Hopefully I can get out tomorrow morning and take the 450 for a fly before it gets to hot.

Hows the baby going? Im sure youre an expert dad by now.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:35 AM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

I've been lurking rather than flying of late. Been in my "weekends off" mode and will be coming out and into working both weekends and evenings (Grrrrrr!) The only redeeming aspect is, is that I have time to myself to fly and learn the below. I'm hoping mixing up hobbies will wake me up a bit!

Additionally, I have an R/C airboat kit and a tall sailboat that I will be playing with!

Other than that been busy as hell with camping and resupplying around the house. I retired my 17 year old riding mower with the below and will be car shopping with wifey today to replace her 10 year old Mitsubishi!

I hope all is well in your collective worlds!

b

PS it's our "Fall" here in Florida and has been "shirt sleeve weather" during the day and light jacket wx at night! Really, really nice to live in Florida in the fall and spring!

PSS Sorry about your crash Hugh but man, what a nice model to replace!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67393.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	1825466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10357.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	1825467  
Old 12-01-2012, 05:19 AM
sgbfly

Hi Guy's,

About time I re-entered the room!

A fun flight to share - For the first half I had an audience of three (man, toddler and dog), then I tried some inverted - some bad (nearly lost it) and then some good!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpUxkV3BcW4[/youtube]

Best to all!

Simon

Old 12-01-2012, 04:09 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

I've been lurking rather than flying of late. Been in my "weekends off" mode and will be coming out and into working both weekends and evenings (Grrrrrr!) The only redeeming aspect is, is that I have time to myself to fly and learn the below. I'm hoping mixing up hobbies will wake me up a bit!

Additionally, I have an R/C airboat kit and a tall sailboat that I will be playing with!

Other than that been busy as hell with camping and resupplying around the house. I retired my 17 year old riding mower with the below and will be car shopping with wifey today to replace her 10 year old Mitsubishi!

I hope all is well in your collective worlds!

b

PS it's our "Fall" here in Florida and has been "shirt sleeve weather" during the day and light jacket wx at night! Really, really nice to live in Florida in the fall and spring!

PSS Sorry about your crash Hugh but man, what a nice model to replace!
You are going to be one busy beaver. Cant wait for the video of you playing the guitar. Your video blathers will soar to new hights.
Also good that you are mixing up your hobbies. You can get a bit stale concentrating on one.
I dont know how you find the time to fit everything in.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:12 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Guy's,

A fun flight to share - For the first half I had an audience of three (man, toddler and dog), then I tried some inverted - some bad (nearly lost it) and then some good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpUxkV3BcW4

Best to all!

Simon

Comments left on YT but well done, and welcome back. Been to busy with the MCPX and Nano to get much time with the 450's.
Got Brians disease in that its to easy just to go out the front door and fly.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Guy's,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpUxkV3BcW4[/youtube]

Best to all!

Simon [img][/img]

Glad you have you back Simon as you have been aloof way too long!

Speaking of aloof, I look forward to assembling (after Christmas) my airboat along with the Sailboat that is being gifted to me.

Additionally as mentioned before I plan to take up the guitar and spread my time around different hobbies to include the 500!

All the best!

b
Old 12-02-2012, 08:54 AM
rikybob

Luxuriate in my fabulous blather!!

b

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Z_-uyANFk]HERE![/link]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Z_-uyANFk[/youtube]
Old 12-02-2012, 10:52 AM
ingleburn

b

Comments on YT but one thing I forgot to say is I had to laugh that wifey has a new car with safety features and you gave the unsafe one to the mother in law.
Hows the wifeys knee going. Hope its all good now.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:45 AM
rikybob

b

Comments on YT but one thing I forgot to say is I had to laugh that wifey has a new car with safety features and you gave the unsafe one to the mother in law.[img][/img]
Hows the wifeys knee going. Hope its all good now.

Hiya Noel!

As I was "blathering" I swear I was having an inner dialogue about just that. The "Gmeister" has lived a long and fruitful 82 years and can enjoy the risk of being in a significantly newer car than what she has now (hers will be donated and a tax write off taken).

I can't express the virtues of "side impact" airbags. In my job I'm the first one at the wreck scene as I'm the dood on the highway that pulls up on it!

I finally had to stop short of begging wifey to get a new car!

Re: Her knee, she has healed brilliantly, thank you! She needs to hop on the elliptical now and lets see how it goes!

All the best!

b
Old 12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
ahamay

Last time I checked they were out of stock so they must have got more in.
The biggest problem I have is finding a place that has everything I need in stock. Most of the time something is on back order.
Went towww.perthrc.com.au/ today and found everything I needed and in stock.
Looks like the nano motor is still good. Pulled the feathering shaft today and it looked like a boomerang.Straightened it out and flies like a dream again.
MCPX is another story. Lost a main shaft bearing and dont have a spare. Lucky for me the second one is up and running again.
Hopefully I can get out tomorrow morning and take the 450 for a fly before it gets to hot.
Hows the baby going? Im sure youre an expert dad by now.
Nano parts are a bit scarse at the moment, but I just got the motors Iordered from modelflight.com.au. They were out of stock early last week, but had some when Ichecked on thursday. Once these two motors are cactus I'm gong to buy the brushless kit for it. There's a bit of soldering to do but I'm up for it. The nano is going to be my micro of choice for learning.

Bubs 3 weeks old tomorrow and I'm back it work today....gee that's gone fast. Expert....err...no, but I think you just do what your instincts tell you to do most of the time and all is good. She's sleeping and eating and gaining weight no problems so far. For me, I've just been eating and gaining weight and not sleeping .

Old 12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
ingleburn

Nano parts are a bit scarse at the moment, but I just got the motors Iordered from modelflight.com.au. They were out of stock early last week, but had some when Ichecked on thursday. Once these two motors are cactus I'm gong to buy the brushless kit for it. There's a bit of soldering to do but I'm up for it. The nano is going to be my micro of choice for learning.

Bubs 3 weeks old tomorrow and I'm back it work today....gee that's gone fast. Expert....err...no, but I think you just do what your instincts tell you to do most of the time and all is good. She's sleeping and eating and gaining weight no problems so far. For me, I've just been eating and gaining weight and not sleeping .

Perthrc has everything in stock for the nano as well as some other hard to find parts for the MCPX.
As for which is my choice at the moment its still the MCPX. After a session on the Nano I love taking it for a flight.
Guess with more practise that might change.

Yeah time flys at the start. Before you know it she will be a year old and you will wonder where the time went.
I dont miss the lack of sleep thats for sure.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:04 PM
ahamay

Perthrc has everything in stock for the nano as well as some other hard to find parts for the MCPX.
As for which is my choice at the moment its still the MCPX. After a session on the Nano I love taking it for a flight.
Guess with more practise that might change.
Yeah time flys at the start. Before you know it she will be a year old and you will wonder where the time went.
I dont miss the lack of sleep thats for sure.
After flying the nano for so many flights and then firing up the mcpx, the mcpx seems huge. I'm not sure what's wrong with mine...it's like it's in limp mode. I've resigned to retire it for now. I did think about getting the brushless kit for the mcpx, but I would have to go brushless on the tail as well to get the damn thing to fly straight.

A brushless nano with stock tail motor still looks the best bet. We'll see how long this new motor last for.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 AM
ingleburn

After flying the nano for so many flights and then firing up the mcpx, the mcpx seems huge. I'm not sure what's wrong with mine...it's like it's in limp mode. I've resigned to retire it for now. I did think about getting the brushless kit for the mcpx, but I would have to go brushless on the tail as well to get the damn thing to fly straight.

A brushless nano with stock tail motor still looks the best bet. We'll see how long this new motor last for.

I can honestly say that after fitting this www.perthrc.com.au/long-tail-boom-assembly-mcpx-2.html my MCPX has been really good.

But I will say that flying the Nano has improved my skills on the MCPX as it seems easier to fly now.
Must be because the Nano is so sensitive. But hoping that both make inverted on the 450 a breeze.
We pushed Simon to try inverted now Ive got some catching up to do.
Have you tried flying the Nano inside yet. Rob is just a freak, Im not game to try anything but hover indoors.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Edmund2

Guys down under, what happened at the cricket today?  Access to news down today at the office. Some my time coming up this weekend.  Hope to get a heli or two up.

Edmund

Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Guys down under, what happened at the cricket today? Access to news down today at the office. Some my time coming up this weekend. Hope to get a heli or two up.

Edmund

Haha! Good luck with that Edmund as I have never managed to draw much comment from the Aussies on here with respect to the cricket! Enjoy your me time pal!

Interesting comments on the Nano and mcpx guys. I have never really gelled with my mcpx for some reason. I guess it's my big air flying style that does not translate to the little heli as it either blows out or cuts out (over amps the esc?)

Nice video blog as always Brian!

As for me, I have just ordered another zyx. My last flybarred heli is getting the fbl conversion as I just don't fly it otherwise.

Simon

Old 12-03-2012, 09:41 AM
ahamay

Guys down under, what happened at the cricket today? Access to news down today at the office. Some my time coming up this weekend. Hope to get a heli or two up.

Edmund

Nobody in Australia actually watches Cricket.....it's a bit like watching grass grow.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 AM
ingleburn

Edmund

Do they still play cricket. Oh thats right, we got so sick of beating everyone that all the players left to try something new and we just chuck in some amateurs to make it even.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:44 AM
ingleburn

Something is going on at ZeeJays. www.zeejayhobbies.com.au/

Lucky that Ive found a few other places to buy parts from. There service has always been great so hope there back soon.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 PM
BarbieDoll

ok...its been a few months, thought i would check in with the crowd that does not believe a heli will fly - take off- in a 90 angel. lol you all have this figured out yet ? or do you still believe that one must drift left or rignt upon take off ? rickybob i see you are now doing flips and inverts. congrads. and you thougnt your skills would never progress. bahhhhhhh. your doing great........im working on my tic tocs now. still needs work. i keep gaining altitude...p.s you guys will progress alot faster if you leave the hk stuff alone.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: BarbieDoll

ok...its been a few months, thought i would check in with the crowd that does not believe a heli will fly - take off- in a 90 angel. lol you all have this figured out yet ? or do you still believe that one must drift left or rignt upon take off ? rickybob i see you are now doing flips and inverts. congrads. and you thougnt your skills would never progress. bahhhhhhh. your doing great........im working on my tic tocs now. still needs work. i keep gaining altitude...p.s you guys will progress alot faster if you leave the hk stuff alone.
So thats why you have been so quiet Brian. Learning flips and inverted and not telling us. Shame on you.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Kozzy_98

Regarding the cricket, I actually quite enjoy playing and watching it!
South Africa really showed us who's boss in the last game, Australia was absolutely thrashed..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.