Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:30 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Rb, I think my biggest concern is a toss up between getting lost by being stupid and not flying with a copilot and losing video when the plane is too far out for me to get orientation to fly back.
Things look much different a few hundred feet off the ground. Problem is $$$ fixes it (OSD w/gps)....just shoot me now!
The plane will fly at about 15mph but wind etc doesn't make that very pleasurable. I estimate I'm flying at 25ish to 30....in half a minute that's a half mile away! So you have to turn maneuver every 10 secs or so to stay within LOS and I don't know how far I can go with my spektrum and/or video equipment yet.
Kozzy, sounds like 6 of one or a half dozen of the other. Hope you get it all sorted and get back in the air soon. And doubly ditto what Jonsey said, Tarot and FBL. You'll save money in the long run and have more fun doing it.
Best.
Ken

ps...do I fix 450 belt or charge 500 batteries....

Yah, I having cured myself from being "horny" about the DJI Phantoms and it's cousins can sit back and think about what I have learned after taking in a LOT of info!

FPV the more I read about it, as a matter of preference didn't "trip my wicket". I watched many a thread about the perils of folks NOT using a copilot (apparently they are NOT always available when you take a notion to fly) and further perils of simply loosing their birds all together! I wish you well in your chosen endeavor!

Snuggle up to the 500......the more you fly it the more you'll LOVE it!

b
Old 04-13-2013, 05:05 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98
Sadly I haven't been getting any flying in, despite the weather!!
Grabbed the mainshaft bearing blocks from another frame that I had laying around, the vibration was still there. Now the headblocks are BACKORDER on HK which is good because hopefully the new shipment will be better....
Also tried to get my HK450GT #1 flying yesterday, but there are SO many little issues and niggles with it such as very worn out ball links and improper head setup. So this is what I have decided to do. I will get a HK450 V2 kit (not the GT) from Hobbyking, and transplant all useful parts from it (motor, esc, Rx, Gyro and tail servo). Otherwise I will end up paying $>25 for the parts required to fix the helicopter up!
Shame that Leaderhobby has gone, however I never ordered any parts from them. Where are we going to get the LH-GY520 gyros now?
Hope you are all having better luck than me ATM....
Kozzy, it's probably about now that I would highly recommend considering an upgrade to a better kit like the Tarot Pro V2 flybarless. You have enough skill and knowledge to do a build on one of these. I'm afraid your probably going to be always on an uphill battle with the HK helis. You either get a good one right off the bat that flys great or you get one that your having to chase issues with all the time. I would not recommend buying a 450 V2 kit as it will most likely come with it's own inherant problems and you'll still bein the same situation.

The tarot is not without it's little niggles but it's streets ahead of the HK hands down. Having all hex screws and no phillps throught the whole heli is an example. You'll wonder why you ever stuffed around with a flybared head after you've had an fbl.

I just really hate seeing people wasting money on something that may have no net gain for you so to speak. Worth considering.

Jonesy

Well I thought I would chime in with my 2 cents. Only my opinion but maybe something to think about.

I think your biggest problem Kozzy is your having problems setting the helis up right. If the head isnt set up properly then your going to have all sorts of problems. Shakes, wobbles and the like.
A Flybarred heli is a lot more hassle to set up but once it is it is a lot more forgiving with substandard parts. Mind you that is only for hovering and learning. Once you start to push it all bets are off.

When I started I took time with a brand new kit, watched every video I could find and asked a million questions before I thought about a maiden. When the time came it flew perfectly, well at least until my first crash on battery 2.
I had cheap servos and gyro but for learning it was great. I think all your helis were gifted to you so maybe they were beyond there best when you got them so maybe a new kit would be better but make it a GT.
I know money is probarbly tight as you go to school so dont have much and you could use the electronics you have to get you going.

The only minus to this is you will get to the stage where the HK kit is no longer good enough and you will want to upgrade to a better kit. It didnt take me long to get there but I had the cash so not that much of a drama.
Then it means another kit, better servos and a new gyro. Around $220 for something decent. Then spares and learning a new setup and system.

I think you have to ask yourself where you want to go with the hobby. If its just hovering around stick with what you have and work more on your setup. If you want to stay in it and do more than that then still stick with what you have but start saving for a better heli.

Of course this all goes out the window when you realise that Simon only has cheap kits and Rob has 24 450's and none are FBL. They make them work so you can as well but it takes time to learn how to do it.
Start watching videos again and asking questions.

My original 450 stills flies well although I did change a few parts for better quality ones. Dont be in a hurry to fly yours until you are sure its 100%.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:45 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Grabbed the mainshaft bearing blocks from another frame that I had laying around, the vibration was still there. Now the headblocks are BACKORDER on HK which is good because hopefully the new shipment will be better....
Also tried to get my HK450GT #1 flying yesterday, but there are SO many little issues and niggles with it such as very worn out ball links and improper head setup. So this is what I have decided to do. I will get a HK450 V2 kit (not the GT) from Hobbyking, and transplant all useful parts from it (motor, esc, Rx, Gyro and tail servo). Otherwise I will end up paying $>25 for the parts required to fix the helicopter up!
Shame that Leaderhobby has gone, however I never ordered any parts from them. Where are we going to get the LH-GY520 gyros now?
Kozzy, it's probably about now that I would highly recommend considering an upgrade to a better kit like the Tarot Pro V2 flybarless. You have enough skill and knowledge to do a build on one of these. I'm afraid your probably going to be always on an uphill battle with the HK helis. You either get a good one right off the bat that flys great or you get one that your having to chase issues with all the time. I would not recommend buying a 450 V2 kit as it will most likely come with it's own inherant problems and you'll still bein the same situation.

The tarot is not without it's little niggles but it's streets ahead of the HK hands down. Having all hex screws and no phillps throught the whole heli is an example. You'll wonder why you ever stuffed around with a flybared head after you've had an fbl.

I just really hate seeing people wasting money on something that may have no net gain for you so to speak. Worth considering.

Jonesy

Well I thought I would chime in with my 2 cents. Only my opinion but maybe something to think about.

I think your biggest problem Kozzy is your having problems setting the helis up right. If the head isnt set up properly then your going to have all sorts of problems. Shakes, wobbles and the like.
A Flybarred heli is a lot more hassle to set up but once it is it is a lot more forgiving with substandard parts. Mind you that is only for hovering and learning. Once you start to push it all bets are off.

When I started I took time with a brand new kit, watched every video I could find and asked a million questions before I thought about a maiden. When the time came it flew perfectly, well at least until my first crash on battery 2.
I had cheap servos and gyro but for learning it was great. I think all your helis were gifted to you so maybe they were beyond there best when you got them so maybe a new kit would be better but make it a GT.
I know money is probarbly tight as you go to school so dont have much and you could use the electronics you have to get you going.

The only minus to this is you will get to the stage where the HK kit is no longer good enough and you will want to upgrade to a better kit. It didnt take me long to get there but I had the cash so not that much of a drama.
Then it means another kit, better servos and a new gyro. Around $220 for something decent. Then spares and learning a new setup and system.

I think you have to ask yourself where you want to go with the hobby. If its just hovering around stick with what you have and work more on your setup. If you want to stay in it and do more than that then still stick with what you have but start saving for a better heli.

Of course this all goes out the window when you realise that Simon only has cheap kits and Rob has 24 450's and none are FBL. They make them work so you can as well but it takes time to learn how to do it.

My original 450 stills flies well although I did change a few parts for better quality ones. Dont be in a hurry to fly yours until you are sure its 100%.
+1

Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Kozzy_98

Fixed the tail assembly on the Beast helicopter, and it flies well. However, there is a slight nodding in the cyclic and there seems to be a vibration of high frequency. Could it possibly be a main shaft that needs replacing??

Also, aside from giving the head a spin, is there a way to check if the mainshaft is bent without taking the head apart? Something similar to spinning the feathering shaft with a hex driver and looking for wobbles rather than removing the feathering shaft?

Old 04-14-2013, 02:39 AM
ingleburn

Fixed the tail assembly on the Beast helicopter, and it flies well. However, there is a slight nodding in the cyclic and there seems to be a vibration of high frequency. Could it possibly be a main shaft that needs replacing??

Also, aside from giving the head a spin, is there a way to check if the mainshaft is bent without taking the head apart? Something similar to spinning the feathering shaft with a hex driver and looking for wobbles rather than removing the feathering shaft?

Glad you have one back in the air. I would check the one way bearing or shaft first as these are likely to be the problem. Even the Tarot ones were crooked and needed to be replaced with Align ones.
You can check them by rotating the blades and see if the main gear or anti rotation gear wobbles up and down. Also check that the main gear isnt out of round. You will be able to tell if the gear mesh goes from tight to loose anywere in the rotation.
Like I said before its a matter of tracking down suspect components and replacing them with better quality ones.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:58 AM
ingleburn

Had an interesting day today. Took the newly repaired BL out for a fly and lasted 3 mins before a crash broke the new tail boom.

Field was being used so no go for the 450.

Decided to drop in and check out where my LHS guy and his friends fly and was impressed. Very friendly people and all types of helis there.
MCPx BL, 130 X, 450's, 500's, 550's and a couple of 600 nitros. It was great seeing them all in the flesh and if a 600 is that big how big are the 700's and above.
One of the 600's had a ALE servo die and it rolled on its back and destroyed itself. He didnt seem to fussed about it but the blades would have cost more than my whole kit.
Must get back there soon and take a heli or 2 with me.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:10 AM
rikybob

Had an interesting day today. Took the newly repaired BL out for a fly and lasted 3 mins before a crash broke the new tail boom. [img][/img]

Decided to drop in and check out where my LHS guy and his friends fly and was impressed. Very friendly people and all types of helis there.
MCPx BL, 130 X, 450's, 500's, 550's and a couple of 600 nitros. It was great seeing them all in the flesh and if a 600 is that big how big are the 700's and above.
One of the 600's had a ALE servo die and it rolled on its back and destroyed itself. He didnt seem to fussed about it but the blades would have cost more than my whole kit.

Hiya Ingleburn!

Is the place they fly a flying club?

It's kind of funny in that I enjoy going to my club early in the morning with few are there. If there is a crowd I simply watch others fly!

It's a cheap form of entertainment!

Yah, ONE Goblin costs a FORTUNE and folks have MANY of them!

What it must be like to have SIMON or KEN money!

Yah, you need to hook up with the LHS guys for a myriad of reasons. The folks that have the money tend to want to move UP in the hobby and little crumbs (read: 500's or 550's) tend to "fall off the table".

You will LOVE a larger bird!

I had a blast learning with the 450 and considered it "large" but the 500's are really a NICE size for all around flying!

All the best!

b
Old 04-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Rob2160

Dont really care for speed testing etc... just want to run up new servos to make sure they are not going to fail in the first 5 minutes. Rob had a radio, i think it was a JR that ran the servos contoniously at different speeds or random to run them in and test them etc.
Yes it was the JR11x, and the Futaba 8FG and above have the same function.. they will sit there all day running your servos from one side to the next..

I also have this servo tester which will do the same thing..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11198904

Just make sure you don't do this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY5Uf3Y5GMI[/youtube]

Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Rob2160

Jonesy

Hi Kozzy, yes I agree with everything Ingleburn said, one thing that set off alarm bells, don't get a V2... it has a horrible plastic head ( some plastic heads I have are great but the V2 was stiff and with poor tolerances, I ended up changing it for an MTHead..

The 450 GT is far superior to the V2. ..

Old 04-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Ddaddy

Well my new super long range fpv system came in yesterday along with my special TX (with 99 channels) I contracted with NASA to make. I have satelite time rented (that is until my own satelite lauches next week) and alotted for all day today and a takeoff time at noon local.

My first mission is going to be a "SEARCH and navigation mission", plan to follow up with additional misions to try out ALL THE CHANNELS I HAVE for accesories and other DETACHABLES!

Oh, Simon, the live feed is set up to you and I see no problems coordinating the follow up missions once we have our satelite in orbit! BTW, crazy amount of distance and payload that new bird of yours has!

Oh, it was a few extra $ but I went ahead and got the stealth version aircraft, I liked it so much I ordered you 1 too

Here's my flight plan for today...

Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 AM
rikybob

Well my new super long range fpv system came in yesterday along with my special TX (with 99 channels) I contracted with NASA to make. I have satelite time rented (that is until my own satelite lauches next week) and alotted for all day today and a takeoff time at noon local.

My first mission is going to be a ''SEARCH and navigation mission'', plan to follow up with additional misions to try out ALL THE CHANNELS I HAVE for accesories and other DETACHABLES!

Oh, Simon, the live feed is set up to you and I see no problems coordinating the follow up missions once we have our satelite in orbit! BTW, crazy amount of distance and payload that new bird of yours has!

Oh, it was a few extra $ but I went ahead and got the stealth version aircraft, I liked it so much I ordered you 1 too

BWAHHAHAHHA!

b
Old 04-14-2013, 11:58 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

My first mission is going to be a "SEARCH and navigation mission", plan to follow up with additional misions to try out ALL THE CHANNELS I HAVE for accesories and other DETACHABLES!

That is funny as h311.
Hugh and I flew today with a new buddy at our flying field. All went good, no crashes, but no video either.
Hope everyone got a chance to plow air this week.
B

Old 04-14-2013, 01:22 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Had an interesting day today. Took the newly repaired BL out for a fly and lasted 3 mins before a crash broke the new tail boom.[img][/img]

Hiya Ingleburn!

It's kind of funny in that I enjoy going to my club early in the morning with few are there. If there is a crowd I simply watch others fly!

Yah, you need to hook up with the LHS guys for a myriad of reasons. The folks that have the money tend to want to move UP in the hobby and little crumbs (read: 500's or 550's) tend to "fall off the table".

I had a blast learning with the 450 and considered it "large" but the 500's are really a NICE size for all around flying!

All the best!

b
No, not a flying club but a group of friends that get together and fly together. There was only about 5 of them there yesterday so not sure how many more of them go.
It will be interesting to see how they take to my non branded 450 as all were either Align or Blade.
Yeah the LHS guy has already been helpful as he had a tail boom in his box that he gave me saving me another trip in there today.
As for crumbs, we shall see. Think those 600's scared the s h i t out of me.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:22 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Had an interesting day today. Took the newly repaired BL out for a fly and lasted 3 mins before a crash broke the new tail boom. [img][/img]

Hiya Ingleburn!

Yah, you need to hook up with the LHS guys for a myriad of reasons. The folks that have the money tend to want to move UP in the hobby and little crumbs (read: 500's or 550's) tend to ''fall off the table''.

I had a blast learning with the 450 and considered it ''large'' but the 500's are really a NICE size for all around flying!

All the best!

b
No, not a flying club but a group of friends that get together and fly together. There was only about 5 of them there yesterday so not sure how many more of them go.
It will be interesting to see how they take to my non branded 450 as all were either Align or Blade.
Yeah the LHS guy has already been helpful as he had a tail boom in his box that he gave me saving me another trip in there today.
As for crumbs, we shall see. Think those 600's scared the s h i t out of me.

I thought that the folks would screw with me for my HK's and they didn't. It's more of a social club on that level and my wonderful personality tends to override my ganky off brand heli!

Sounds like a good lot giving you the hook up on a tail boom!

Man, those 600's are beautiful! They are what separate the men from the boys. The reason I don't move up! What I have found is that each time I move up in size I end up a more stable bird that is inherently easier to fly!

Good luck with the crumbs!!

b

Old 04-14-2013, 04:13 PM
ingleburn

The only problem with watching guys better than you fly is it encourages you to try to better your skills faster than you should.
Take this morning for example. 2 packs of circuits and inverted. Then tried inverted piros. Bit of a challenge but all good.
What about a couple of tight loops. Ok a bit scarey but all good.
Next was some FF piros. Now they were fun and got the blood pumping. Now right there is where I should have stopped and practised all my new found tricks.
NO!!!!, what do I do. Lets see what happens if I do half a piro in FF and try some backwards flight.
Couple of runs and kept correcting the wrong way but had enough height to recover until the last one 30 seconds from the end of the last battery.
Dumb thumbed it straight into the ground. Usual damage except for the first time I stripped a main gear. Guess the parts box will finally get a work out.
Also stripped a servo so if Simon sees this where do you buy the gearsets for the Inolab servos?

Anyhow determined not to let a crash get in the way of a good day I took the BL out next and first battery decided to try inverted FF.
Lets just say that the new boom gifted to me is splinters along with the landing gear.

Time to rebuild and take it slower next time even though I had a great morning.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:26 PM
rikybob

The only problem with watching guys better than you fly is it encourages you to try to better your skills faster than you should.[img][/img]
Take this morning for example. 2 packs of circuits and inverted. Then tried inverted piros. Bit of a challenge but all good.
Next was some FF piros. Now they were fun and got the blood pumping. Now right there is where I should have stopped and practised all my new found tricks.[img][/img]
NO!!!!, what do I do. Lets see what happens if I do half a piro in FF and try some backwards flight. [img][/img]
Couple of runs and kept correcting the wrong way but had enough height to recover until the last one 30 seconds from the end of the last battery.
Dumb thumbed it straight into the ground. Usual damage except for the first time I stripped a main gear. Guess the parts box will finally get a work out.
Also stripped a servo so if Simon sees this where do you buy the gearsets for the Inolab servos?

Anyhow determined not to let a crash get in the way of a good day I took the BL out next and first battery decided to try inverted FF. [img][/img]
Lets just say that the new boom gifted to me is splinters along with the landing gear.

DOH!!!!

Well it sounds like some of my days in the past!

Yah, there was a time I'd outstrip my abilities and get my a s s handed to me!

Glad you had a great morning and hope you get them tuned back up!

I DO recall somewhere Simon advising of gear set replacement.

He'll be out and about in about 8 hours or so!

All the best!

b
Old 04-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Rob2160

The only problem with watching guys better than you fly is it encourages you to try to better your skills faster than you should.
Next was some FF piros. Now they were fun and got the blood pumping. Now right there is where I should have stopped and practised all my new found tricks.
NO!!!!, what do I do. Lets see what happens if I do half a piro in FF and try some backwards flight.

Anyhow determined not to let a crash get in the way of a good day I took the BL out next and first battery decided to try inverted FF.

Sorry about the crash but it sounds like you are advancing rapidly.. It got my blood pumping just reading about the inverted piros... I think I have reached the limit of my heli flying cause I'm too chicken to try anything new like that now...
Old 04-14-2013, 08:01 PM
ahamay

@ingleburn - Mate that's awesome.... well most if it. Don't you love that oh crap moment when your out of control but you have enough experience to breath, take a sec to find out which way it's going and then recover. I think that's what makes your skills snowball when you get to this point...rather than when your learning it would just be another rebuild. Your flying has really improved... Well done.

@All - Well the last week has just dissapeared with the change of season here and the flu aka (lurgy as b calls it ) going around. I finally got some time to turn a hex on my new Tarot 450 V2 build last night, the one i'll probably flip to a nice home. It will probably take me another 2 weeks to finish it as time is a premium now with a 5 month old.

I need to buy some more batteries but I'm in two minds whether to go for the nano-techs again (2200's). I have a few of them at the moment and whilst they have a lot more punch over the standard turnigy packs both lots have now lost that punch somewhere between 30-40 charge cycles. They now behave just like the turnigy packs with a constant even discharge for the full flight, where as before they were great for the first 2 minutes then kind of evened off. Even the smaller turnigy packs I had for the mcpx and nano would be the same... great punch at the start then they would taper and eventually they just die. I don't think I got a bad batch as they were purchased 6 months apart... they are the higher C like 45-70 or something like that. Anyone else notice this?

I've decided that once I finish this 450 build Im going to do a 500 build. I think it's a nice compromise between initial cost and the cost to repair vs anything bigger. I don't know what flavour or kit etc I'm going to go for but I'll be doing some research (a lot) before I go ahead.

It's interesting reading about the FPV adventures but it doesn't really interest me, nor do the quadcopters. I do however like watching the footage of some locations done with a camera on a quad fpv style.

We have some nice weather by the looks of it this weeks so hopefully I can get out and practice some new moves to try and keep up with Ingleburn.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:38 PM
ingleburn

Thanks guys for the words. It was really just out of control stuff most of the time and Im sure theres plenty of crashes left in me.
Heli is stripped down now and damage was, main shaft, feathering shaft, main blades, skids and 2 stripped servos.
Main bearings are a bit notchy so will be replaced as well. Found gear sets in USA and NZ so might be a while before its fixed.
One problem I have is the feathering shaft. It is one of these which seems to be a DFC one. www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-dfc-parts-tl48009-feathering-shaft-p-63178.htmlWere yours like this Jonesy?
When I was buying spares I bought some of these to try.http://www.aust-rc-tech.com.au/galle...l4502103/82723
Icant work out which order to put things in. I dont think the nut should be screwed on next to the thrust bearing without a washer or would it be more like this setup.
www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro-feathering-shaft-set-modified-affine-tl48016-p-63996.html
If I cant work it out I have a standard FS that I can use until I can order some more.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:48 PM
ahamay

What heli are you talking about ? Is it the HK Pro or the Tarot V2 FBL ? What head do you have on it ?

Jonesy

Thanks guys for the words. It was really just out of control stuff most of the time and Im sure theres plenty of crashes left in me.
Heli is stripped down now and damage was, main shaft, feathering shaft, main blades, skids and 2 stripped servos.
Main bearings are a bit notchy so will be replaced as well. Found gear sets in USA and NZ so might be a while before its fixed.
One problem I have is the feathering shaft. It is one of these which seems to be a DFC one. www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-dfc-parts-tl48009-feathering-shaft-p-63178.htmlWere yours like this Jonesy?
When I was buying spares I bought some of these to try.http://www.aust-rc-tech.com.au/galle...l4502103/82723
Icant work out which order to put things in. I dont think the nut should be screwed on next to the thrust bearing without a washer or would it be more like this setup.
www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro-feathering-shaft-set-modified-affine-tl48016-p-63996.html
If I cant work it out I have a standard FS that I can use until I can order some more.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
ingleburn

What heli are you talking about ? Is it the HK Pro or the Tarot V2 FBL ? What head do you have on it ?

Jonesy

Same as your ones jonesy. The Tarot.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:13 PM
ahamay

Jonesy

I'm not sure about the one you have in there ? None of mine have this type with the step in the middle. The early kits came with this feathing shaft ->http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro...1-p-60853.html

The newer kits are coming with this new style FS ->http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro...6-p-63996.html

The grips are the same so you can use either one. The difference is basically the location of the thrust bearing. On the newer shaft the thrust bearing is down in the grip and a radial bearing on the outside. The 3mm one you have with thread hanging out the ends is not the right one.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 PM
ingleburn

Jonesy

I'm not sure about the one you have in there ? None of mine have this type with the step in the middle. The early kits came with this feathing shaft ->http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro...1-p-60853.html

The newer kits are coming with this new style FS ->http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro...6-p-63996.html

The grips are the same so you can use either one. The difference is basically the location of the thrust bearing. On the newer shaft the thrust bearing is down in the grip and a radial bearing on the outside. The 3mm one you have with thread hanging out the ends is not the right one.

Thats the funny thing Jonesy. Mine is the newer style but has the step in the middle of the FS.Might have been a stuff up from the factory but it went alright.
The ones I have now with the threads on the outside have a nylock nut instead of a screw but I just have to work out where everything goes.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:44 PM
ingleburn

Jonesy

Thats the funny thing Jonesy. Mine is the newer style but has the step in the middle of the FS.Might have been a stuff up from the factory but it went alright.
The ones I have now with the threads on the outside have a nylock nut instead of a screw but I just have to work out where everything goes.
I have another head the same on my old GT FBL so will pull it later and check what that has.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:05 PM
ahamay

Jonesy

I have another head the same on my old GT FBL so will pull it later and check what that has.
Those ones with the nyloc nuts look like they are 3mm. The Tarot PRO ones should be 4mm shaft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.