Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:09 PM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

@ Jonesy. Im sure the guy that bought your heli will be a happy camper. Looking forward to your 500 build. Im trying to find a store that sells the 450 TT conversion kit but all my usuals are out of stock. Do you know of anywhere that has them.
Yeah was really a good deal. So what heli are you converting to TT ? Is it the HK450 PRO ?

Yeah its for the HK pro. Found a couple for the sport but thats all. Have the boom, gears and TT so might be easier just to order the tail box andboom mount.
Yes probably better doing that. Don't forget to order the two bearings that go onto the umbrella gears I don't think the boom blocks come with the bearings.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 PM
ingleburn

@ Jonesy. Im sure the guy that bought your heli will be a happy camper. Looking forward to your 500 build. Im trying to find a store that sells the 450 TT conversion kit but all my usuals are out of stock. Do you know of anywhere that has them.
Yeah was really a good deal. So what heli are you converting to TT ? Is it the HK450 PRO ?

Yeah its for the HK pro. Found a couple for the sport but thats all. Have the boom, gears and TT so might be easier just to order the tail box andboom mount.
Yes probably better doing that. Don't forget to order the two bearings that go onto the umbrella gears I don't think the boom blocks come with the bearings.

Thanks for reminding me, I would have forgot.
Just picked up some main shaft bearings for the Tarot as well. Got them from the LHS but same as these. www.zeejayhobbies.com.au/bearings/chrome-ball-bearing-abec-3-rubber-shielded-5x13x4-695-2rs-4-pcs-/prod_8683.html

Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Ddaddy

A short one...I had just flew for 20 minutes and landed to discover I forgot to hit record! P i s s e d me off! I went over that in my mind before I went out! GRRRRR. Don't tell rb or hr'll niggle me....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ5reCy0qa8[/youtube]
Old 05-02-2013, 03:04 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

A short one...I had just flew for 20 minutes and landed to discover I forgot to hit record! P i s s e d me off! I went over that in my mind before I went out! GRRRRR. Don't tell rb or hr'll niggle me....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ5reCy0qa8[/youtube]

Flying for 20 minutes!

I'd have to take a nap!

Oh well, nice short flight anyway.

Some of your neighbors live in "McMansions" rivaling that of EBO!

b
Old 05-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Ddaddy

What do you guys think?

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....03#post4968403
Old 05-05-2013, 08:03 PM
ahamay

What do you guys think?

Did you hear the noise from the ground, or just on the video playback ? It looks like it may have been some radio interference.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Ddaddy

What do you guys think?

Did you hear the noise from the ground, or just on the video playback ? It looks like it may have been some radio interference.

I heard it from the ground and was quite worried for a moment. Never happened again for a couple more circuits. Complete vid on my channel.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:35 AM
rikybob

I'm baaaaaccckkkk!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etdl4Spl6rw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Ddaddy

You didn't get blisters on your hands from rubbing on all that sun lotion did you

That is a nice starwberry canopy. And the videograpbhy was good too! What's up with that?

And you are braver than I flying in that LARGE yard...don't get me wrong I test in a small spot beside the house but preffer the backyard so I have some oh sh1t room.

Well, off to decide on which tail servo to get and...

Welcome back!

Ken
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 AM
rikybob

You didn't get blisters on your hands from rubbing on all that sun lotion did you [img][/img]

Welcome back!

Ken

Thanx,

Tragically no. There was what I can only describe as a "pernicious low" and on pt. 2 of vacation/wifey conference we experienced warm yet gale forced winds for 4 days. So we got to see a LOT of movies. Go Ironman!

b
Old 05-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Ddaddy

ORIGINAL: rikybob

You didn't get blisters on your hands from rubbing on all that sun lotion did you [img][/img]

Welcome back!

Ken

Thanx,

Tragically no. There was what I can only describe as a "pernicious low" and on pt. 2 of vacation/wifey conference we experienced warm yet gale forced winds for 4 days. So we got to see a LOT of movies. Go Ironman!

b
Yea the weather was crazy. that low came though here Thursday and we were at baseball playoff tyhat evening...39 degrees in May in Texas with misty rain and crazy wiind!

Lol, we're both editing and adding content at the same time! Saw Ironman, it was ok but didn't impress me like the first 2. Instead of Ironman 3 I renamed it Tony Start 1

Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Welcome back!

Ken

Thanx,

Tragically no. There was what I can only describe as a ''pernicious low'' and on pt. 2 of vacation/wifey conference we experienced warm yet gale forced winds for 4 days. So we got to see a LOT of movies. Go Ironman!

b
Yea the weather was crazy. that low came though here Thursday and we were at baseball playoff tyhat evening...39 degrees in May in Texas with misty rain and crazy wiind!

Lol, we're both editing and adding content at the same time! Saw Ironman, it was ok but didn't impress me like the first 2. Instead of Ironman 3 I renamed it Tony Start 1[img][/img]

Yah, learned to fly out front and am very comfy with it. The back contains, pool, 5th wheel travel trailer and as of 2 or 3 years ago a permanent canopy on brick pavers. I'm officially outta room!

Wifey and I think we "missed" IM2 as they referenced "aliens"?

Of well, saw "Oblivion" and a few others. All in all a nice time was had by all!

Now back to the grind, tomorrow!

b
Old 05-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Ddaddy

Wifey and I think we "missed" IM2 as they referenced "aliens"?
That was referencing Avengers and aliens from underworld (Thor's Asgard domain/world). YA'LL GOTTA SEE AVENGERS IF YOU HAVEN"T, 3rd grossing all time movie.

IM2 was with Whiplash, remember the whips slicing up the indy car?

Haven't saw Oblivion, son said it was good.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

LURKER!!!!!!! I'm heart broken!!! The weather here has sucked rain and wind. No flying just picked out my dbay prez. the wifie will get me or has gotten. Yes it's a plank, electric and vey scale.Check it out.. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...5e-arf-EFL4625 I always wanted a super cub. I thaught it was small but has a 66inch wing I will set it up on a 5s system Bryan found a motor at hobbyking and it's on the way from the us. had to get two servos I had 4. using a align 70amp esc and a ar7000. I hope she flys great! Let me know what you think Hugh
Old 05-06-2013, 04:05 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

LURKER!!!!!!! I'm heart broken!!! The weather here has sucked rain and wind. No flying just picked out my dbay prez. the wifie will get me or has gotten. Yes it's a plank, electric and vey scale.Check it out.. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...5e-arf-EFL4625 I always wanted a super cub. I thaught it was small but has a 66inch wing I will set it up on a 5s system Bryan found a motor at hobbyking and it's on the way from the us. had to get two servos I had 4. using a align 70amp esc and a ar7000. I hope she flys great! Let me know what you think Hugh

Man that is ONE cool plane!!!

Can't wait to see a viddy of same!

I wish I was as far along as you guys on the planks but alas.....I was just able to NOT crash my little un!

b
Old 05-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Ddaddy

I wish I was as far along as you guys on the planks but alas.....I was just able to NOT crash my little un!

b
Ok, I'm calling BS...planks are easier than heli's to fly....you just can't fly one in your front yard!

Your friend,
Simon

Old 05-07-2013, 01:25 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

b
Ok, I'm calling BS...planks are easier than heli's to fly....you just can't fly one in your front yard!

Your friend,
Simon
Hugh actually has, albeit a foamy.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:43 AM
rikybob

b

Your friend,
Simon

Ouch, ersatz Simon, yah, that's prolly the truth but it's in the "set-up" that I think I lack.

If you think about it, the ole heli has a predetermined CG and that's not always true with a plane.

I need a hand with the set up typically or it's fly, crash, learn........

All the best!

b
Old 05-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Ddaddy

ersatz Simon,
I definitely deserved that! Lol...maybe I just need to stick with Dan

Cheers All,
Ken

Old 05-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Kozzy_98

Got my boxes today!!!!

#2 GT has been reassembled and is ready to fly.

The beast will undergo repairs tonight.

The kit that I am building has been postponed until both of the helicopters fly nicely..

All of these troubles with wobbles and such on the head have been troubling me lately. Turns out the screw that holds the piece on top of the head was tapped slightly skew. Otherwise, the head and bearings seem OK.

Hope all is well.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:41 AM
mnemennth

Hey everybody; reports of my lrrkage are greatly exaggerated; just a mess of real life happening as usual.

Right now I'm flogging one of these as a plank trainer; evidently any chops I had as a young dwagon have been worn out over the years as a productive member of society:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=26469

I'm also back to hacking my teeny-tiny helis, and I've posted my latest build log here:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....83#post4975483

Also, if you have a DX6i and hate not having a backlight, I've posted a hack thread here for one I did for a fellow club member:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11493179

I'm pretty sure the techniques outlined are applicable to other models which don't have a backlight too.

Well, there's pretty much all I've been up to RC-wise... Oh, yeah, have y'all seen that HobbyKing now has a BeastX clone FBL unit now?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=29255

L8ers,

mnem
*Frumious*
Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM
rikybob

@ Kozz - Goot luck!

@ Mmnenenenemeth - That cub looks the S 1 H T!!! Cool little heli project. I put a back light in my DX7 but was too afraid to pull the glue off of the glass so it's splotchy! DOH! The HK Beast X looks interesting. Veeeeeeery interesting. All the "kool kids" at my club are flying V-Bar and me with an aged Copter X 3X1000. What will the neighbors say??

b

Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Kozzy_98

Not happy.

Set my pitch as 0 at mid stick, not a problem on both blades.

Take it for a hover, the blades are out of track. Replace the blade grips, feathering shaft, dampers, washers and bearings and the tracking is STILL out.

Check all ball links for slop, all are fine

Tried to adjust the blade tracking and it doesn't do anything, as if the main shaft is bent.

I am quite perplexed and frustrated.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 PM
mnemennth

So... I've been flogging two Genius CPs for almost 2 years now; when I got the second one and it behaved just like the first, I was ready to jump on the first boat to ShenZhen with these in one hand and a footlocker full of Boy-Ar-Dees in the other, just to go shove them both up somebody's arse at Walkera.

But tonight, I actually got to fly it... not only did it fly WELL, I NEVER felt like I wasn't in control of it. Don't get me wrong... it wandered a bit from time to time, but it ALWAYS responded to my input, and in the correct manner. THIS WAS A FIRST, no matter what mode I flew it in.

Now I'll admit that it flew in 3-axis mode; but it was always like it was hunting for a place to light & never finding it, if you know what I mean. It did NOT EVER behave like my 450; NEVER, EVER was it THAT predictable. I always came back from from flying it in 3-axis mode feeling like I'd just won a alligator fu**ing contest; exhausted after a whole mess of thrashing about, and knowing that no good possibly could come of it.

Tonight I put 4 packs through it and I came home with a dead main motor; but that was a patched-up old one anyways that I'm surprised lasted that long. I put another patched-up one in it & let my buddy fly it while I finished packing up. It came home in flying condition; a FIRST. I NEVER had an "out of control" type wreck, though I did have to hit my throttle hold & let it flutter down to the ground like a wounded bird a few times.

I am beyond pleased; I think that with a little more adjusting and a fresh motor, I may even feel confident enough to try some flying in stunt mode, even if it's just a few pitch pumps and H-patterns. I might even be ready for my Axe 100 CP when it gets here...

RikyBob -

There is no doubt the Mikado gear is delicious; but for what it costs you could build a whole Tarot 450 DFC with a BeastX clone FBL unit. I won't say the Mikado isn't WORTHthe money; only that it costs too much for MYtax bracket to carry the burden.

Kozz -

If you're still talking about unloaded tracking at zero pitch, then I'd guess either a bent head/mainshaft (take off the button & blades then spin it up slowly and eyeball the button screwhole) or the blades themselves.

I've seen them where they'll balance fine as a pair, but if you compare the lengthwise balance point, one balances considerably differently than the other. The other possibility is that the trailing or leading edges of the blades aren't ground the same on both blades; I've seen where they'll balance as a pair again, but when you lay the leading edges or the trailing edges (With them bolted together but stacked instead of folded out) one pair of edges or the other doesn't line up. And of course, it ISpossible you have a warped blade & just didn't notice.

Another possibility is that the part of the head where the bushings go has a dent in it, causing deflection of the feathering shaft.

Hope that gives you a starting point...

mnem
Sweet mother of monkey milk, I did it!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 AM
ahamay

Howdy all, quick vid on the Tarot 500 build progress. Also below is a pic for ingleburn re a comment he made on the youtube video. The 500 is substancially bigger than the 450. It's not double the length but everything else is at least two to two and a half times the size of the 450. The tail rotor grips on the 500 are bigger than the main blade grips from the 450 for eg... and yes that blade holder is a classic. You could catch waves with that thing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ZIzWiv0ag[/youtube]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.