Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 03:17 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Just got back from another week away with work.
Spent the last hour catching up with videos and posts and its good to see Jonesy has maidened his 500 and Brian converted his Mcpx to BL.
Comments left on YT and well done guys.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:43 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Spent the last hour catching up with videos and posts and its good to see Jonesy has maidened his 500 and Brian converted his Mcpx to BL.

Glad yer back!

I am taking your tip from YT and seeing if I can program a soft start in the ESC for the MCP X. Me thinx I can do it by Tx otherwise I'll have to cough up for the card! It would irritate me to no end to find that they (WOW Hobbies) didn't program the card for soft start.......Grrrrrrr. Will see!

Best!

b
Old 05-30-2013, 09:10 PM
ahamay

Thought you had gone MIA. Thanks for the ut comments. I'm sure you'll end up with a 500. I did another 2 packs today after tweaking some settings. Man that thing is unreal. The noise and the power is quite the eye opener. I also flew the 450 for two packs as well, and that thing seems like a toy after the 500. The 500 just has so much more presence than the 450 does. And it's a hell of a lot easier to take off and land as well without it getting blown around by ground effect.

I had my photographer buddy down with me today with his good gear so hopefully I'll have a few good action pics after he sorts though them over the weekend.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:12 AM
Kozzy_98

Hi guys!

Fixed the #2 and decided to reset the head. +/- 10 degrees pitch, and instead of 60% on the aileron and elevator swash mix it is now 75%.

Should be able to fly it tomorrow.

Hopefully I will also be able to fix up the beast by simply installing another arm to the head, which shouldn't be hard at all.

Apart from that, not much flying recently because it gets dark too quikly after school. In summer, the sun would set at 7:30-8PM, now it starts to get properly dark at 5PM!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:25 AM
Edmund2

Kozzy, must be about dark there atm but we have still a great day halfway up from you to Simon's valley. I love this time of the year with low to mid 20 day temperatures and above 10 degrees in the mornings. Planning to do some flying tomorrow over the weekend but mostly mcpx and the not mentionable many of us were flying before upgrading to real helis.

Hope the Aus teams win the rugby matches as long as it is played against New Zealand teams.

Edmund

BTW I have been invited to officiate at the IAAF World Championships (Senior& Youth)later this year.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:25 AM
nervousheli

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hi guys!

Fixed the #2 and decided to reset the head. +/- 10 degrees pitch, and instead of 60% on the aileron and elevator swash mix it is now 75%.

Should be able to fly it tomorrow.

Hopefully I will also be able to fix up the beast by simply installing another arm to the head, which shouldn't be hard at all.

Apart from that, not much flying recently because it gets dark too quikly after school. In summer, the sun would set at 7:30-8PM, now it starts to get properly dark at 5PM!
Yep winter is here. 4 days straight rain forecast all week long. I managed to sneak in a couple of flights this morning. I don't think there will be any flying for the next 2 months. It's getting really windy!

Anyways hope you get your heli up in the air soon, atleast before summer comes back.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:23 AM
rikybob

Yes I know my "Dork Cam" needs adjusting!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBkL8o28SFw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Old 05-31-2013, 02:36 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: nervousheli

Yep winter is here. 4 days straight rain forecast all week long. I managed to sneak in a couple of flights this morning. I don't think there will be any flying for the next 2 months. It's getting really windy!

Anyways hope you get your heli up in the air soon, atleast before summer comes back.

Hi nervousheli, dont think I have seen you on here so welcome. What part of AU are you from?

Old 05-31-2013, 02:53 PM
nervousheli

Hi nervousheli, dont think I have seen you on here so welcome. What part of AU are you from?
Hi I'm from melbourne vic.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:02 PM
ingleburn

@ Jonesy. Loved the pics you posted on FB. Glad you like the 500 but Im going to resist until I get a bit more use of the 450's.
Still got one awaiting parts to convert to TT. Placed the order 2 weeks ago so shouldnt be to long now.
The funny thing is I placed an order with miracle mart two days after my HK order and that stuff arrived on Tuesday. Got one of those cheap heads and it looks great.

@ Edmond. Yeah it is a great time of the year to fly. Once the morning chill has gone the temps are great. Things will change later on but that means you have to go out later in the day.
Congrats on the invitation. If its to be a starter make sure you use a starting pistol and not one of your bazookers.
Im not into rugby as I find it to stop and start but us guys down under are getting ready for this

@ Brian. Glad you got that ESC into soft start. Makes a big difference and I start mine in IU now. As for the dork cap heres a tip on how to get it sorted out.
If you have a android phone or tablet download this app.play.google.com/store/apps/details THen you can connect your cam to it and adjust your hat till it is where it needs to be.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:03 PM
ingleburn

Hi I'm from melbourne vic.
Cool. Think we need some more guys with 450's on here as Im starting to feel very alone.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:09 PM
nervousheli

glad to be here with you ingleburn.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Ddaddy

Just did some 450 flying myself! 11 mph with gust to 26, no problem This gov thing along with the zyx is just amazing....practicing 3d on sim...maybe soon for real...or flightless bird time!

I think a bigger dork cap to hold all your Thai dorkness
Old 05-31-2013, 03:29 PM
rikybob

Hiya Nervous and welcome

@ Ingleburn - Apparently BOTH my Android devices don't qualify for the little app. I'll get it adjusted though! Thanx anyhoooo!

@ Ddaddy - I recall in the movie "Caddyshack" that Rodney Dangerfied said that, "That hat should come with a bowl of soup" and never forgot it!

@ All - Hope SOMEONE is getting some flying in!

b
Old 05-31-2013, 03:42 PM
nervousheli

Hi rikybob.

thank you

No flying. It's been raining all day. I've been looking out the window from time to time, just to see if I can sneak out for a quickie!

Old 05-31-2013, 04:23 PM
nervousheli

Anyone else experience the MySql server of RCU failing once in awhile? Or is it just my web browser.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:41 PM
ahamay

Anyone else experience the MySql server of RCU failing once in awhile? Or is it just my web browser.
Yeah, it's this crappy website and I think it's got to do with the amount of posts in a thread. When it starts to play up we usually start a new thread.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:55 PM
nervousheli

Ahh thanks jonesy
Old 05-31-2013, 07:04 PM
rikybob

I guess we ARE at post 1693 of my banal piffle, balderdash, blather and poppycock!!!

We the web site gets crappy I like to blame it on Simon and then Jonesy does a "reboot"!

b
Old 05-31-2013, 07:36 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

I guess we ARE at post 1693 of my banal piffle, balderdash, blather and poppycock!!!

We the web site gets crappy I like to blame it on Simon and then Jonesy does a "reboot"!

b
Yeah Im thinking it might be time to move it somewhere else more stable like RCG's but that might be impossible as there are to many people that only drop in once in a blue moon.
And I cant see RCU allowing a link to another site to stay here for to long. Guess where stuck with a Jonesy reboot every 100 pages or so.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
nervousheli

My cheapie lipo strap broke today on one of my 450s. It's fairly old, it's one of those that don't have the plastic bit at the end. Anyway I went to HK to do some of my usual every day shopping, and I decided to pull the trigger on this. I don't know if it's any good. It looks good though.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:05 PM
ingleburn

My cheapie lipo strap broke today on one of my 450s. It's fairly old, it's one of those that don't have the plastic bit at the end. Anyway I went to HK to do some of my usual every day shopping, and I decided to pull the trigger on this. I don't know if it's any good. It looks good though.

I have a few coming with my next order so I hope there ok. Got to be better than singapore post thats for sure.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:29 PM
nervousheli

Yep, to me any thing from asia, is risky. But I'm a risk taker, and I understand we are getting these stuff cheap from asia. So I don't really complain, it's just part of the deal. I do however still shop at my LHS. I'll be popping in there to get a new TX, that I have eyed on for a very long time. The service from my LHS is second to none, the products are there, no waiting for the aus post to ring the bell. It's there with a smile.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:06 PM
ahamay

This type of strap is great. I have the align version for about 4 bucks and they work on the 450 and 500.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:13 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: rikybob

b
Yeah Im thinking it might be time to move it somewhere else more stable like RCG's but that might be impossible as there are to many people that only drop in once in a blue moon.
And I cant see RCU allowing a link to another site to stay here for to long. Guess where stuck with a Jonesy reboot every 100 pages or so.

The few things that annoy me about this forum are the fact that it does not support Tapatalk, is slow as heck... unusable even sometimes and the thing craps out when we get a lot of posts in the thread.

I've been in contact with the forum support previous and they don't seem like they are interested in addressing the issues..... and trust me I've heard all the excuses you could ever think of when it comes to something tech like this.
I've got a couple of ideas but I'll wait till I'm on the pc to type them here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.