Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 02:53 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bout forkin' time.........EDIT: Oh NO! I'll never see this order. It's "Swill Post". ***????

[TABLE="width: 553, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="width: 575"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 575, colspan: 6"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 268"][/TD]
[TD="width: 105"][/TD]
[TD="width: 62"][/TD]
[TD="width: 65"][/TD]
[TD="width: 64"][/TD]
[TD="width: 11"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 575, colspan: 6"][TABLE="width: 575"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 10"][/TD]
[TD="width: 554, bgcolor: #0b286c"][TABLE="width: 553"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 48"]HOME[/TD]
[TD="width: 88"]Account[/TD]
[TD="width: 55"]Arrivals[/TD]
[TD="width: 60"]Support[/TD]
[TD="width: 59"]Contact[/TD]
[TD="width: 68"]About Us[/TD]
[TD="width: 100"][/TD]
[TD="width: 81"]Hobby Blog[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="width: 553"]
[TR]
[TD]Hello, brian baine

Hi
This is an email to inform you that your item has been dispatched from our warehouse.
TRK#: 9988X7727
To:
brian paine
3rd Shack on the left
Apopka, FL 32808, US
UNITED STATES
Ph:

YOUR ORDER ID IS:200772
ALWAYS QUOTE YOUR ORDER ID WHEN YOU EMAIL US

YOUR ORDER MAY TAKE UP TO 45 DAYS TO ARRIVE.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited by rikybob; 09-23-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:09 AM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by rikybob
Bout forkin' time.........EDIT: Oh NO! I'll never see this order. It's "Swill Post". ***????

[TABLE="width: 553, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="width: 575"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 268"][/TD]
[TD="width: 105"][/TD]
[TD="width: 62"][/TD]
[TD="width: 65"][/TD]
[TD="width: 64"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 575, colspan: 6"][TABLE="width: 575"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 10"][/TD]
[TD="width: 554, bgcolor: #0b286c"][TABLE="width: 553"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 48"]HOME[/TD]
[TD="width: 88"]Account[/TD]
[TD="width: 55"]Arrivals[/TD]
[TD="width: 60"]Support[/TD]
[TD="width: 59"]Contact[/TD]
[TD="width: 68"]About Us[/TD]
[TD="width: 100"][/TD]
[TD="width: 81"]Hobby Blog[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="width: 553"]
[TR]
[TD]Hello, brian baine

Hi
This is an email to inform you that your item has been dispatched from our warehouse.
TRK#: 9988X7727
To:
brian paine
3rd Shack on the left
Apopka, FL 32808, US
UNITED STATES
Ph:

YOUR ORDER ID IS:200772
ALWAYS QUOTE YOUR ORDER ID WHEN YOU EMAIL US

YOUR ORDER MAY TAKE UP TO 45 DAYS TO ARRIVE.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Tight a ss. That will teach you for choosing the cheapest delivery. Swiss takes nearly a month to reach here.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:54 AM
Rob2160

LOL.. came here to get some inspiration to go flying on Wednesday when I get home..

Brian: uninspired..
Ingleburn: uninspired.. but forced yourself to fly.. good job.. know the feeling!

Ahh, Bryan, flying the Gaui 550: very nice smooth flying and sounds just like mine.. inspired..

Its been a month since I have flown anything.. sad part is I am getting used to it..

I hate this feeling which occurs every few years and is unfortunately familiar.. Maybe time for a new obsession..

Spent a few hours online looking at Planes and Helis and even this trigger happy shopping finger just couldn't do it..

But after RC Helis.. where do ya go??

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-23-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:46 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by Rob2160
LOL.. came here to get some inspiration to go flying on Wednesday when I get home..

Ingleburn: uninspired.. but forced yourself to fly.. good job.. know the feeling!

Ahh, Bryan, flying the Gaui 550: very nice smooth flying and sounds just like mine.. inspired..

Its been a month since I have flown anything.. sad part is I am getting used to it..

I hate this feeling which occurs every few years and is unfortunately familiar.. Maybe time for a new obsession..

Spent a few hours online looking at Planes and Helis and even this trigger happy shopping finger just couldn't do it..

Oh you DO have a new obsession!

That aside.....

QUADS!!! Fun as hell!!!

Uninspired due to Wx. Grrrrr

I DO look forward to my new FC board getting here (mid November damnit) and obsession on THAT project. Hopefully Jonesy has worked out all me bugz by then!

b
Old 09-23-2013, 08:49 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Tight a ss. That will teach you for choosing the cheapest delivery. Swiss takes nearly a month to reach here.

Yah, 6 bux would have got it here sooner. Phreakin' tight ass!!!

b
Old 09-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Rob2160

Yah, 6 bux would have got it here sooner. Phreakin' tight ass!!!

b
Did someone say Scottish??

You might be lucky, My last two orders also said 45 Days (From Global Warehouse) One arrived in just over a week, the other took 30 days.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Rob2160

Oh you DO have a new obsession!

A NEW new obsession..

That aside.....

QUADS!!! Fun as hell!!!

Gotta upgrade I think.. MQX gets a few flights when I am home but looking at the 350 QX

I'd build one myself, but rarely home long enough to charge a Lipo

Uninspired due to Wx. Grrrrr

Ahh.. makes sense.. WX in Greece.. Perfect.. 21 Days here so far.. Home on Wednesday and hopefully inspired by then

I DO look forward to my new FC board getting here (mid November damnit) and obsession on THAT project. Hopefully Jonesy has worked out all me bugz by then!

Mmmmnn Bugz

b
Just saw your signature, Forgot I even had a HK Swamp Dawg..(2 actually - 1 for spares) bought it 2 years ago and the Nephews are still waiting for the lazy Uncle to build it..

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-23-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:13 AM
rikybob

Just saw your signature, Forgot I even had a HK Swamp Dawg..(2 actually - 1 for spares) bought it 2 years ago and the Nephews are still waiting for the lazy Uncle to build it..

Get inspired and do the build on the A/B!

Takes about an hour!

b

PS How do you separate the men from the boys in the Grecian army?

Last edited by rikybob; 09-23-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:37 AM
mnemennth

Congrats!

I pursed yer goodies and it needed to go!

The "kidnapping van" in particular!

b
I just woke up a hour ago; the need to eat and medicate myself forced me to drag myself out of bed. Go, me.

The terrifying thing is... I only managed to get through about half of the garage. There is still about 8 feet of similar SHtuff between me and the back wall... and then there's my toolboxes. I think I'm just going to lock them and take them as-is; I've got enough misery ahead of me sorting through all of mom's *****.

And that is no kidnapping van! It's too damned big, and too many windows. That huge ancient thing with the windows painted out... crap, that'd be a neon sign just screaming "HEY FUZZ! COME HASSLE THE FRAKK OUTTA ME!!!" (No offense intended, buddy, ) Though over here, I see it more like the opening scene of MiB...

"Oh, hey. Nick the Dick. What a surprise. Where you been?"

"Oh, fishin' in Port Lavaca."

"Really? Let's take a look at your catch..."

Actually, we bought it years ago for my mom who wanted to make a weekender camper out of it, but it never happened due to time, money and her failing health. Just another reminder of my many failures where she was concerned...

mnem
Vertical-ness is highly overrated.

PPS: I'm working on the "and fully clothed" thing. Bite me.

Last edited by mnemennth; 09-23-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:50 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
I just woke up a hour ago; the need to eat and medicate myself forced me to drag myself out of bed. Go, me.

The terrifying thing is... I only managed to get through about half of the garage. There is still about 8 feet of similar SHtuff between me and the back wall... and then there's my toolboxes. I think I'm just going to lock them and take them as-is; I've got enough misery ahead of me sorting through all of mom's *****.

And that is no kidnapping van! It's too damned big, and too many windows. That huge ancient thing with the windows painted out... crap, that'd be a neon sign just screaming "HEY FUZZ! COME HASSLE THE FRAKK OUTTA ME!!!" (No offense intended, buddy, ) Though over here, I see it more like the opening scene of MiB...

"Oh, hey. Nick the Dick. What a surprise. Where you been?"

"Oh, fishin' in Port Lavaca."

"Really? Let's take a look at your catch..."

Actually, we bought it years ago for my mom who wanted to make a weekender camper out of it, but it never happened due to time, money and her failing health. Just another reminder of my many failures where she was concerned...

mnem
Vertical-ness is highly overrated.

PPS: I'm working on the "and fully clothed" thing. Bite me.

Glad yer up and about!

Wonder what's doin' in that 8' of goodies?

Hopefully yer on the home stretch!

As far as failures, I never lament the past as I look to the future! (Translation: "F" all my detractors, nobody's perfect)!

As for offense.....none take!!

Rain here now and for the coming two days, one of which is my frakkin' day off! Grrrrrrr!

I MAY get ambitious and replace my bathroom and closet light fixtures that are circa 1983!

All the best!!

b
Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 PM
mnemennth

Right now, I am vertical AND fully clothed. I am SO proud of myself. Now I am going to go to the hardware store and buy a sheet of clear plastic, a caulking gun, and rubberized undercoating. And I am going to pay for it all with $1.00 bills.

Heh.

mnem
A dwagon's gotta do what a dwagon's gotta do.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:18 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
Right now, I am vertical AND fully clothed. I am SO proud of myself. Now I am going to go to the hardware store and buy a sheet of clear plastic, a caulking gun, and rubberized undercoating. And I am going to pay for it all with $1.00 bills.

Heh.

mnem
A dwagon's gotta do what a dwagon's gotta do.
I'll bite.

What's that stuff for?

b

PS Forkin' rain!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WX.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1924322  

Last edited by rikybob; 09-23-2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Getting rid of profanity oddly enough
Old 09-24-2013, 12:19 AM
mnemennth

To make a rear windshield for my PT Cruiser so I can park it outside... in the rain.

mnem
*Off to ded*
Old 09-24-2013, 01:47 AM
ingleburn

After 21 days in Greece no wonder you are uninspired. Welcome back to reality. Cant help you im afraid. That is unless you want to copy my cart.
Brian and Jonesy, you see anything I left out? Locked and loaded but havent pulled the trigger yet

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cart.PNG
Views:	55
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1924398  

Last edited by ingleburn; 09-24-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:06 AM
ahamay

After 21 days in Greece no wonder you are uninspired. Welcome back to reality. Cant help you im afraid. That is unless you want to copy my cart.
Brian and Jonesy, you see anything I left out? Locked and loaded but havent pulled the trigger yet

- Those 10cm servo leads are only just long enough for my setup. Would recommend some longer ones so where you mount stuff is not such an issue.
- 3.5mm bullet connectors if those esc's or motors don't come with them already.
- XT60's male/female - You can never have enough of these. You need them for the power leads from the bottom board. I also made a parallel adapter so I can run 2 x 2200mah packs, or you can buy the adapter from hobbyking. 2x 2200 packs gives me a 10 minute flight with about 65-70% discharge on the packs.
- Dont forget props if your getting them from hk.
- m3x8mm hex screws to mount your motors
- reciever

When you get the frame kit, you'll need to drill out all the holes that mount the top plate and the bottom plate to the arms. You'll strip the hex if you try and force them through. I did this by hand be removing a hex shaft from the handle and putting the drill in it's place. It takes very little force and about one turn on each hole to open them up a little.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ahamay
- Those 10cm servo leads are only just long enough for my setup. Would recommend some longer ones so where you mount stuff is not such an issue.
- 3.5mm bullet connectors if those esc's or motors don't come with them already.
- XT60's male/female - You can never have enough of these. You need them for the power leads from the bottom board. I also made a parallel adapter so I can run 2 x 2200mah packs, or you can buy the adapter from hobbyking. 2x 2200 packs gives me a 10 minute flight with about 65-70% discharge on the packs.
- reciever

When you get the frame kit, you'll need to drill out all the holes that mount the top plate and the bottom plate to the arms. You'll strip the hex if you try and force them through. I did this by hand be removing a hex shaft from the handle and putting the drill in it's place. It takes very little force and about one turn on each hole to open them up a little.
+1! On the above with the exception of two things. You'll need nylon mounting hardware that HK sells (I used my local HWS) to mount to the frame in standoff form. Additionally you MAY need a small Thai hooker to rub your shoulders on your maiden!

b
Old 09-24-2013, 03:14 AM
ahamay

+1! On the above with the exception of two things. You'll need nylon mounting hardware that HK sells (I used my local HWS) to mount to the frame in standoff form. Additionally you MAY need a small Thai hooker to rub your shoulders on your maiden!
b
I bought a bunch of different sized nylon standoff's and nuts etc when I did my order, they are cheap as. Even though I didn't end up using them I probably will with the mega board /gps installation.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:45 AM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by ahamay
- reciever

b
Thanks guys. Im so close to the 1.5 Kg limit that I might have to place an order with the AU warehouse. Marvelous how much help you get when you want to spend some $
Bullets are in the wish list as are LEDS. Got a million XT60's. Props as per recommendation from APC. Was thinking about getting some decent screws for the frame. M3x6 ?
Have so many receivers its embarrassing. Thanks for the heads up on the stand offs but I will pinch Jonesys tupperware container idea for mounting.
Good idea about the longer servo leads. Just realised how long 10 cm isnt.

One things for certain. EMS express all the way. No $5 postage for this black duck.

If I ever go down the HKPilot path Im getting one of these. http://www.rctimer.com/product_971.html.
They have an integrated GPS and compass coming out soon as well.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:53 AM
rikybob

Thanks guys. Im so close to the 1.5 Kg limit that I might have to place an order with the AU warehouse. Marvelous how much help you get when you want to spend some $
Bullets are in the wish list as are LEDS. Got a million XT60's. Props as per recommendation from APC. Was thinking about getting some decent screws for the frame. M3x6 ?
Have so many receivers its embarrassing. Thanks for the heads up on the stand offs but I will pinch Jonesys tupperware container idea for mounting.
Good idea about the longer servo leads. Just realised how long 10 cm isnt.

One things for certain. EMS express all the way. No $5 postage for this black duck.

If I ever go down the HKPilot path Im getting one of these. http://www.rctimer.com/product_971.html.
They have an integrated GPS and compass coming out soon as well.
Uh, is that a crack at me??

Touche' sir, Touche'!

b

EDIT: Had to look up "Black Duck". Heheh

Last edited by rikybob; 09-24-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:00 PM
ingleburn

Uh, is that a crack at me??

Touche' sir, Touche'!

b

EDIT: Had to look up "Black Duck". Heheh
Well kind of aimed at you but Ive used cheapest postage plenty of times. Some times you get lucky, sometimes you dont.
But for a new project you want it now, not in a few weeks. Just a pity the local warehouse hasnt got everything I need.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:05 PM
rikybob

Well kind of aimed at you but Ive used cheapest postage plenty of times. Some times you get lucky, sometimes you dont.
But for a new project you want it now, not in a few weeks. Just a pity the local warehouse hasnt got everything I need.
Been watching HK and Flite Test viddys about the NEAT meet and two interesting things came out of it.

1) Apparently the flight police were DICKS!

2) They are TRYING to get an HK Store stateside! Cool!

It's just as well re: F/C board cause (I know a secret) I want Jonesy to pave the way!!!

Upping a little BS viddy as we speak since we had a cloud break!

b
Old 09-24-2013, 02:26 PM
ahamay

The last two orders I've done to HK intl have taken 1 week to arrive using standard registered post. It seems to be much better now than in the past where it would be upto 3 weeks.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:32 PM
rikybob

You know the drill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI1PuPct9WA&feature=youtu.be
Old 09-24-2013, 02:32 PM
ahamay

HKPilot APM Board arrived yesterday with accompanying GPS module. To my surprise it powers up. Bench tested the barometer, compass, gps and uploaded latest firmware. GPS worked inside my house and was very accurate. Hopefully this week I can get my head around mounting it to the quad and the software settings all setup. I've purchased the proper ardupilot case ($10) from a local crowd as the turnigy one is junk.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:44 PM
ahamay

For anyone that's down under these guys are local and stock all the original 3D Robotics gear.

http://www.uavrobotics.com.au/index.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.