Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 09:43 AM
consultjdm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Krisnz,

I thnk it is easier to fly just turning down the sensitivity a bit when in HH mode and doing forward flight. Of course it still holds pretty strong and it takes real positive movements of the rudder stick to turn.

JD
Old 05-26-2007, 09:46 AM
consultjdm

Krisnz,

That's weird, it should change as you get to about 50%
Old 05-26-2007, 09:52 AM
soneebee

JD,

The latest Copter X heli that they sent was not an SE but an SA but a fully upgraded one. The frame work was really nice. shinny aluminum frame and the cut was really clean

tail assembly is nice too.. the design is similar to the V2 tail case. so I guess the CopterX heli will be coming out with the new tail assembly

The new Carbon fiber blades has a different finish. The fiber cloth used is kinda different. first time I saw a blades with this kind of weaving.

what do you think JD?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:57 AM
helifan06

thanks! ok! where do I find those and how much it costs?? I think one way bearing cost like 7bucks, plus removable tool, etc, too much hasle...

ORIGINAL: consultjdm

heli fan,

It sure is compatible. I switched and already chewed a new one up in a crash and it was so quick and easy to change out with the removable hub.

Those new gears are stronger too, they don't get torn up as easy from hard starts.

JD
Old 05-26-2007, 10:46 AM
shadowin

Here's some of the links to get the v2 gear. The main gear set itself costs US$17-99, replacement main gear comes in a pack of 3 for US$8-99. Hope that helps.
[link]http://flying-hobby.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3_25_89&products_id=1535[/link]
[link]http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_35_51&products_id=2879[/link]
Old 05-26-2007, 10:54 AM
shadowin

By the way, I am having problems with the new v2 o-ring. The outer o-ring got chewed up by the washer on the blade grip. Previously, i did open it up and put some oil on it. Just now i pull it out to check, and noticed that the outer o-ring got chewed till it broke in half.[:@] Both sides also having the same problem. I have ordered some o-rings for replacement (still on delivery). But seeing that it got chewed up so fast, my stock wont last long. Anyone having the same problem?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:24 AM
helifan06

Thanks once again! I called my LHS and they don't carry that. If I buy the bearing and the removal tool? Its going to cost $13 bucks; so with $4 bucks more + shipping I can have the next version of main gear. Its worth it.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:02 PM
krisnz

cool so i can set the DX6 Elevator D/R Switch to control the HH/Rate and Mode selector ,
so i dont have to touch the flight mode switch (F) and end up flying in THS 100% that i dont want , is that right
so your Flight Mode Switch is the top left Normal/Idle Up Mode selector ( which is flight mode for 3D you can lower the stick to run 100 90 100 throttle)
and switching the elevater D/R wont touch the flight mode ,

thanks hope this is understandable, i just want to confirm that i understand, LOL

ORIGINAL: armycopter

I have the DX6, GY401, S9650. Here is what I've got for settings (maybe this will help)

GY401 switch is set to reverse (I have it hanging upside down on a gyro mount in the rear)

DX6 Elevator D/R Switch is my HH/Rate Mode selector

DX6 Flight Mode Switch is my Normal/Idle Up Mode selector

RVO is set to 0%

RUD is set to Norm

GER is set to Norm

RUD Trav Adjust is set to 100%

GER Trav Adjust is set to 58%

This setup works perfect for me. Hope that helps!
Old 05-26-2007, 05:34 PM
helifan06

Ok! I found out that my main gear can spin counter clockwise. I don't feel anything wrong with the bearing besides of turning in both directions. I don't know if it is safe to fly like this; I know I'm not doing any autos; and I may not let the battery dry out before landing.

Any suggestions? The new V2 main gear is on its way; but I would like to fly tomorrow morning.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2007, 05:34 PM
krisnz

armycopter
thanks heaps, i just test flew and its windy here, a few small adjustments and its mint
thanks all for your input and advice
HH is the way to go alright
Old 05-26-2007, 11:33 PM
consultjdm

KrisNZ,

You got it, you can put the two sensitivity settings on their own switch.

You saw the page that shows the letters and you choose one and assign it to the gear TX settings.

JD
Old 05-26-2007, 11:38 PM
consultjdm

Helifan,

when you turn the main gear clockwise the head should spin and when you turn it the other way the head won't spin.

or if you spin the head/blades clockwise the main gear does not spin and if you turn the blades counterclockwise the main gear will spin.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:52 PM
consultjdm

helifan,
I see you are getting the new V2 main gear and one way set and some spare main gears.

You will be very happy.

JD
Old 05-26-2007, 11:58 PM
consultjdm

Soneebee,

I like that they got rid of the plastic on the tail blade.

Interesting weave. I'm sure they will be better than the fiber glass ones.

the after market tail assembly I got was all CNC except the ball connector arms and just like the V2 I think.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:07 AM
consultjdm

KrisNZ.

I never linked mine to the idle up switch. I did it on the other switch. Page 69 - "E", the Dual Rate switch.

Of course you could always land and move the rudder back and forth three times for the gyro to re set the center memory.

JD

Old 05-27-2007, 12:24 AM
consultjdm

KrisNZ,

Yes, thats right you can do it those ways but as I said I do not link the gear to the Idle up switch so I have the other settings just set up normal, and If I want less sensitivity in Idle up I just set the normal mode lower and deal with it that way.

But I am working from memory and the manual, Now I have the DX7 and it is done differently.

When you toggle the switch can you set two different values for the sensitivity from the Gear ATL menu? Or does the switch just change the modes and the sensitivity in the Gear ATL remains the same.

I would adjust the gear ATL to a number switch the toggle and then change the Gear ATL and flip the switch back and see if it goes back to the number you had it set to in the first toggle position . That way you can tell if the switch is just changing the mode or also uses different sensitiviy settings depending on which way you toggle.

Just thinking back I don't think you can have different GEAR ATL settings based on the toggle position.

Let me know If you can or can't store 2 ATL settings for the gear or if the toggle just switches modes and maintains the same senitivity setting frm the Gear ATL.

JD

JD
Old 05-27-2007, 12:47 AM
consultjdm

We are setting the ATL for the gear. Go to the ATL section and go through the setting for aileron, rudder and so forth till you come to Gear.

HH is better for everything. You just need to lower the sensitivity a little via the Gear ATL when you start doing FF.

JD
ORIGINAL: krisnz

what the?
where do you find these % on the dx6 tx you speck of [X(]

i have a gear switch up the top left of the tx so i can switch from HH to normal and one wire going to the rx from the gy401 to operate it,

i am told that normal is better for figer 8s as the tail folows the front yes no?

thanks again
kris LOL
Old 05-27-2007, 01:12 AM
krisnz

it seems that i adjust the sensitivity at TRV ADJ GEAR and if i toggle the e switch it changes wether i want to adjust HH or normal
also the trim was sweet in normal but not in HH so i toggled the E switch 3 times fast as it said in the instuctions,
my rudder EPA is set to -70 +29 because from trim it has two differn't distances to go this is normal A and adjusting at the gyro would only adjust both sides the same A? yes, no, tick box please

KrisNZ,

Yes, thats right you can do it those ways but as I said I do not link the gear to the Idle up switch so I have the other settings just set up normal, and If I want less sensitivity in Idle up I just set the normal mode lower and deal with it that way.

But I am working from memory and the manual, Now I have the DX7 and it is done differently.

When you toggle the switch can you set two different values for the sensitivity from the Gear ATL menu? Or does the switch just change the modes and the sensitivity in the Gear ATL remains the same.

I would adjust the gear ATL to a number switch the toggle and then change the Gear ATL and flip the switch back and see if it goes back to the number you had it set to in the first toggle position . That way you can tell if the switch is just changing the mode or also uses different sensitiviy settings depending on which way you toggle.

Just thinking back I don't think you can have different GEAR ATL settings based on the toggle position.

Let me know If you can or can't store 2 ATL settings for the gear or if the toggle just switches modes and maintains the same senitivity setting frm the Gear ATL.

JD

JD
Old 05-27-2007, 04:04 AM
soneebee

JD,

The new tail assembly is really nice.. went to the field today and tested the tail assembly... it piro rate is more accurate both left and right.. really alot better than the original design...

for the head..some one of the guys have the upgrade thrust bearing set for the V1 head to replace the roller bearing.. the upgrade is simple but the performance is really different.. Collective was more precise and much tighter... I like the upgrade.. but I have to run it a little longer to see what is the performance longter...

this is what the thrust bearing look like for the V1 head...

Soneebee,

I like that they got rid of the plastic on the tail blade.

Interesting weave. I'm sure they will be better than the fiber glass ones.

the after market tail assembly I got was all CNC except the ball connector arms and just like the V2 I think.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:57 AM
helifan06

It spins both ways; I just flew her today. 6:00am No winds; But I better wait till I got the V2 gear; only 3 days wait time. It blocked the motor from spining; luckly I landed already.

Could you imagine if it get stuck in mid air? Not very pleasant experience though ....

Old 05-27-2007, 06:21 PM
consultjdm

helifan,

No, I don't want to even begin to imagine it getting stuck in mid air, It might be bad luck, LOL.

JD
Old 05-27-2007, 06:57 PM
consultjdm

Soneebee,

So there is an upgrade kit for the copter X V1 head to convert it to the thrust bearings head.
Does the new V2 head have a 4mm feathering shaft like the new Align TREX V2 head?

What is the part number?

I think Align has a kit also, but the local store only had a whole new head it was like $80.00. you need a lot more parts than just the bearings to convert the Trex V1 head to a TRex V2 head.

How much was the price of the new tail rotor assembly.

I need to take a picture of the spare tail assembly I got and have you look at it. I bought it to put on my shogun if it will fit. But I think it looks like the picture on the ehirobo site, it comes with a new belt too. It is not the V1 tail, it is much better, but I don't think it's the one you took pictures of either.

JD
Old 05-27-2007, 07:25 PM
consultjdm

Krisnz
Well the neutral postion should be in the center of the rod. And the slider should have the same amount of left and right travel on the tail rod. It sounds like you needed to slide the servo up or down the boom to get the slider on the tail assembly rod in the center of the shaft travel area.

Then if your centered and the blades are not centered you can slide the blade holder hub on the tail rotor shaft to get the blades centered then recenter the slider by sliding the servo again until you get the servo so it has the slider in the center of the travel on the tail servo rod and the baldes are Flat - no pitch). Then you can use the limit adjuster on the gyro to stop binding at the end of the servo throw.

Of course you would first set your ATL's back to 100 and then start this process.

Hey if it's working then great.

I'm not sure what your saying the answer is about the gear setting when you toggle the switch. I want to know can you set it to 75 and say 65 and see those numbers pop up when you toggle the E switch when your in the gear ATL menu? It seems like your saying the numbers change when you switch the toggle but your saying it turns HH on and off. I would only expect it to turn HH off if one of the settings was 50% or below.

If your able to set normal ("E" switch back) to 75% gear ATL and then toggle the "E" switch to down and you see Gear ATL go to 65% because you set it there when the switch was down. And now sitting in the Gear ATL menu can you see the ATL switch back and forth from 65% to 75% as you toggle the switch?

If so, then at 65 Gear toggle down if the HH mode switches off I would like you to change the toggle down to 25% atl and see it when you toggle the switch you see 75% and 25% pop up and does HH stay on in both toggle positions?

Thanks.
JD
Old 05-27-2007, 09:35 PM
soneebee

JD,

The V2 head has a different feathering shaft.. it has a 4mm/3mm tip shaft since the revised the O-rings to make it bigger.. but the bearing on the shaft tips are still 3mm. There is a difference when you replace the roller bearing with thrust bearings. This give better axial control on the blade grips. The only thing that is not good with the V2 designs is the rubber O-rings. it kinda get worn out easier. some ot the rubber material tears off....

for the tail.. I am not sure if how much will be the cost of the new Copter X V2 tail but its a lot better than the original one.... Ill have to check for its stability and toughness....

Soneebee,

So there is an upgrade kit for the copter X V1 head to convert it to the thrust bearings head.
Does the new V2 head have a 4mm feathering shaft like the new Align TREX V2 head?

What is the part number?

I think Align has a kit also, but the local store only had a whole new head it was like $80.00. you need a lot more parts than just the bearings to convert the Trex V1 head to a TRex V2 head.

How much was the price of the new tail rotor assembly.

I need to take a picture of the spare tail assembly I got and have you look at it. I bought it to put on my shogun if it will fit. But I think it looks like the picture on the ehirobo site, it comes with a new belt too. It is not the V1 tail, it is much better, but I don't think it's the one you took pictures of either.

JD
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83398.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	692515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64638.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	692516  
Old 05-27-2007, 09:42 PM
starcop

Hi All, I tried a video with my computer camera cord extended for you tube. starcop

youtube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YGci-m3oqUs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.