Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Warrior123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Hey guys, I got back to Afghanistan and finally had time to put my rex back together after the big crash back in May. Feels good to fly again.

Can you tell me what scale the 450 se is, I always here of 90's 60's, 50's, and 30's. I believe this is in reference to motor size for the nitros, but in the scale world everything seems to go by these scales. I am trying to get some scale parts and need to know what is comparable.

Thanks, Jim
Old 05-28-2007, 12:28 AM
consultjdm

Warrior the 450 is a 400 class heli.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:51 AM
consultjdm

Starcop,

thie vid looked good;. Just like a trex, very stable.

jd
Old 05-28-2007, 12:58 AM
consultjdm

soneebee, okay let me know how it survives many flights.

mine is stable now so I wont mod it unless you say I need to..

I flattened the cuve at hover and of course that does it for normal flight, and it seems to hold altitude steadier now. 5 point curves are a big advantage with the DX7. I bet 7 point curves will be the next improvement in radios.

JD
Old 05-28-2007, 01:01 AM
krisnz

consultjdm thanks for the reply
the epa on my longest side of the rudder slider is 70% epa and the gyro limit is turned all the way down already, so i wont be able to shorten the long end mechanics then set the epa to 100%

ok i just went out and moved the blade holder in closer, this made more pitch so to trim the heli the slider needed to be moved closer to the boom which made the problem worse

kris

ORIGINAL: consultjdm

Krisnz
Well the neutral postion should be in the center of the rod. And the slider should have the same amount of left and right travel on the tail rod. It sounds like you needed to slide the servo up or down the boom to get the slider on the tail assembly rod in the center of the shaft travel area.

Then if your centered and the blades are not centered you can slide the blade holder hub on the tail rotor shaft to get the blades centered then recenter the slider by sliding the servo again until you get the servo so it has the slider in the center of the travel on the tail servo rod and the baldes are Flat - no pitch). Then you can use the limit adjuster on the gyro to stop binding at the end of the servo throw.

Of course you would first set your ATL's back to 100 and then start this process.

Hey if it's working then great.

I'm not sure what your saying the answer is about the gear setting when you toggle the switch. I want to know can you set it to 75 and say 65 and see those numbers pop up when you toggle the E switch when your in the gear ATL menu? It seems like your saying the numbers change when you switch the toggle but your saying it turns HH on and off. I would only expect it to turn HH off if one of the settings was 50% or below.

If your able to set normal ("E" switch back) to 75% gear ATL and then toggle the "E" switch to down and you see Gear ATL go to 65% because you set it there when the switch was down. And now sitting in the Gear ATL menu can you see the ATL switch back and forth from 65% to 75% as you toggle the switch?

If so, then at 65 Gear toggle down if the HH mode switches off I would like you to change the toggle down to 25% atl and see it when you toggle the switch you see 75% and 25% pop up and does HH stay on in both toggle positions?

Thanks.
JD
Old 05-28-2007, 03:18 PM
starcop

Hi consultjdm, Yeah the video quality isn't very good but I'm just learning how to film my helicopter in flight. I figure at some point I can go back and see my progress. I'm in the market for a new video camera after I get settled in my new house. I have a camcorder the Hi 8 but my cumputers out of date speed wise to upload video. I need the new high speed USB or SB1394 cable to connect. Then the 1394 doesn't connect to my camera. So time for me to build a new computer and buy a good digital video camera. I had my T-Rex 450 sitting on my build table for months I finally put it all together and to say the least I'm very impressed with Aligns helicopters. I've had the T-Rex 600 for over 4 months just sitting there. That's going to be ready next week, just need a few new parts and batteries. Well take care all, time to get packing! starcop
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99549.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	693058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32422.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	693059  
Old 05-28-2007, 03:40 PM
consultjdm

KrisNZ,

When you turn your limit pot on the GY401 can you see that it affects the throw of the servo? I have not heard of anyone else with your problem (The servo travels to far and causes the pitch slider to press into the end of its range on the tail rotor shaft and you can't fix it by adjusting the limit pot on the gyro or moving the tail blade hub out to the end of the shaft or anything mechanical and you have to decrease your rudder's ATL's on the TX.)

I think all of us have our ATL's at 100% with the GY401 and the S9650 digital servo. We use the small round disk as the servo horn.

In fact I bet most of us can just hook the stuff up verify the Gyro is in DS (digital) mode and that the delay is set to 0, center the servo (by turning on the TX and pluging in the heli and moving the stick back and forth three times then unplug it) and slide the boom mount for the servo so the blades are centered. Reverify centered by repluging in the heli to the batt and toggle the rudder stick 3 times again (it will only sit in the centered position for a moment before it starts to drift). Adjust the limit pot if you have to, that would be if you hear buzzing when you hold the rudder stick at an extreme left or right or you see it flexing the rod or all the way at the end of the travel available on the tail rudder shaft. Then that's it. And we are able to get it set up perfect.

If your the only one with this problem I would say something is wrong with your equipment.

If anybody else is having krisnz's problem please post it and your solution. Kris, if nobody has your problem then you better get your equipment replaced or looked at by your local shop.

Thanks,

JD
Old 05-29-2007, 02:13 AM
corona007

Starcop,
I have some TT 600 carbon graphite blades that Im selling. They were my back up for my tres 600. Who knew 6 months ago they would not work on my Rappy . I just assumed they would fit. Oh well, If you want them let me know and we could make a deal. They are brand new and never been under power. I still have the box and BB wrap. I liked the woddies so much it too me this long to figure out they were wrong size.....

Name:	Ge94089.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	693464  
Old 05-29-2007, 02:28 AM
TrumpetRhapsody

What size/model raptor is that?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:30 AM
corona007

Raptor 30 V2
Old 05-29-2007, 09:52 AM
starcop

Hey corona007, Yeah I do need rotor blades for my 600. Let me know what you need for them. Hey also I have a set of JR Pro Wood Blades 600mm for the Raptor you have. They aren't for my T-Rex 600 so maybe a partial trade if your interested. starcop

Just let me know how you would want to do this. I can PM my Address and I'm trustworthy! Thanks.

Will the 600mm JR's works?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:27 AM
lrrps

Nice Mustang you have there, is it gas powered?

ORIGINAL: starcop

Hi consultjdm, Yeah the video quality isn't very good but I'm just learning how to film my helicopter in flight. I figure at some point I can go back and see my progress. I'm in the market for a new video camera after I get settled in my new house. I have a camcorder the Hi 8 but my cumputers out of date speed wise to upload video. I need the new high speed USB or SB1394 cable to connect. Then the 1394 doesn't connect to my camera. So time for me to build a new computer and buy a good digital video camera. I had my T-Rex 450 sitting on my build table for months I finally put it all together and to say the least I'm very impressed with Aligns helicopters. I've had the T-Rex 600 for over 4 months just sitting there. That's going to be ready next week, just need a few new parts and batteries. Well take care all, time to get packing! starcop
Old 05-29-2007, 11:49 AM
soneebee

That is good that your heli is all okay now... the thrust bearing on the head seems to make the grips glide smoother compared to the roller. It may save the bearing in the long run. Have gone to the flying field last Sunday.. alot of fliers there.. really nice to be in a place were all the of you are thinking of one think.. flying..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De4uTylthe4

soneebee, okay let me know how it survives many flights.

mine is stable now so I wont mod it unless you say I need to..

I flattened the cuve at hover and of course that does it for normal flight, and it seems to hold altitude steadier now. 5 point curves are a big advantage with the DX7. I bet 7 point curves will be the next improvement in radios.

JD
Old 05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
consultjdm

Soneebee, Was that vid of the copterX v2 or your 450XL? That was really great 3D work.

Some guy on the Walkera 60 site was asking about the Walkera 60's ability to fly 3D, I said we should let you reply to that one.

When I get home Friday my heli parts will have arrived at work I suppose and I will get them next monday, then I can test the walkera 60 CNC upgrades. I bought the tru spin tool and plan on checking out a couple of my rotor heads to see how balanced they are. most of my heads are pretty good but I bet they could be tweeked a little for that ultimate smootheness.

JD
Old 05-29-2007, 07:16 PM
soneebee

Jd.. it was an SE but not the V2 one ..
The walkera 60 can do 3D but not hard 3D...loops, rolls and flips, tictocs, inverted... the frame is a little flimsy and the head kinda lacks accuracy, wobbles when pushed but it is capable.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:49 PM
starcop

Hi lrrps, Yes it the Hangar 9 P51 Mustang it has the Evo .40 nitro motor. This was there trainer PTS version and I removed all the training gear and added flaps. Fly's great need a little more power but for the most part it's an easy tail dragger to fly. starcop
ORIGINAL: lrrps

Nice Mustang you have there, is it gas powered?

ORIGINAL: starcop

Old 05-29-2007, 08:07 PM
starcop

Hello corona007, Here is a pic of the set of 600mm blades I have. starcop

At the time I ordered them I didn't know they wouldn't fit the T-Rex 600. They are new.

Name:	Rp43587.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	693886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42181.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	693887  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:22 AM
krisnz

consultjdm
thanks for your help once again,
i have fixed the problem, i moved the tail blade hub out, then re centered and trimmed every thing, now my epa are 100 and 100 with no binding
i have a little slop at the servo though, i have a kinked rod going through the disc it could be better if it was a ball link but i would need to tread the end of the shart of order a new shaft and ball link, any ideas?

KrisNZ,

When you turn your limit pot on the GY401 can you see that it affects the throw of the servo? I have not heard of anyone else with your problem (The servo travels to far and causes the pitch slider to press into the end of its range on the tail rotor shaft and you can't fix it by adjusting the limit pot on the gyro or moving the tail blade hub out to the end of the shaft or anything mechanical and you have to decrease your rudder's ATL's on the TX.)

I think all of us have our ATL's at 100% with the GY401 and the S9650 digital servo. We use the small round disk as the servo horn.

In fact I bet most of us can just hook the stuff up verify the Gyro is in DS (digital) mode and that the delay is set to 0, center the servo (by turning on the TX and pluging in the heli and moving the stick back and forth three times then unplug it) and slide the boom mount for the servo so the blades are centered. Reverify centered by repluging in the heli to the batt and toggle the rudder stick 3 times again (it will only sit in the centered position for a moment before it starts to drift). Adjust the limit pot if you have to, that would be if you hear buzzing when you hold the rudder stick at an extreme left or right or you see it flexing the rod or all the way at the end of the travel available on the tail rudder shaft. Then that's it. And we are able to get it set up perfect.

If your the only one with this problem I would say something is wrong with your equipment.

If anybody else is having krisnz's problem please post it and your solution. Kris, if nobody has your problem then you better get your equipment replaced or looked at by your local shop.

Thanks,

JD
Old 05-30-2007, 11:03 AM
AeroDave

Krisnz,
Get a ball link on that thing. A z bend is just throwing away the precision of your nice servo/gyro combo. The tail of a trex is not the place to go cheap.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:56 PM
krisnz

AeroDave
how do i do it, i could take the shaft to an engineering shop to see if they have a tap and die set that goes that low or buy a new shaft already treaded at both ends

ORIGINAL: AeroDave

Krisnz,
Get a ball link on that thing. A z bend is just throwing away the precision of your nice servo/gyro combo. The tail of a trex is not the place to go cheap.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:10 PM
corona007

Kris, Just get the standard rod with the plastic ends with a hole and use the extra threaded linkage that you use on your head and then just put a ball link on each end.....Everything is standard stuff!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:38 PM
shemp308

I have to say I was not to happy with the z bend on the one end that the t-rex-sa comes setup with and after reading what you said about throwing away the precision I had to change it! I don't have a digital servo or the best gyro but with the setup I have it will need all the help I can do! but I do have to ask is the carbon fiber rod good to use with out support or should I look into some other type of push rod and if so could you give me any idea?
I have to say for a small helicopter that has not got off the ground it has had more stuff changed think i should have just bought the parts and built it from scratch! Lol
oh forgot to say thanks for the Advice
Shemp
Old 05-31-2007, 05:17 AM
krisnz

hi guys
is this the best tail setup to get?

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...licopte/Detail
and
http://www.microheli.com/mhshop/prod...a317eeeb01d1f6

i can't understand why they have made this able to go into the negative pitch so much the torque of the heli should turn the heli left
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...8224134202568d

thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 06:01 AM
rayelljay

Hey there,
I've been posting on one of the CP threads in my travels through the heli hobby.
Been flyin' two pros but just bought a new Trex 450CDE. Getting a Spektrum DX with proper servo for the tail this weekend.
I see through this thread references to V! and V2 and other "code" numbers.
I need enlightenment.....as far as the Trex is concerned, what exactly do I have. Frames are carbon, the rest being Alum.
I know I have a good bird....I want to keep it that way.

Anyone see that program last eve on Russian helis......that Black Shark is mean. Anyone know of a coax heli other than the CX and it's clones...?
Ray.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:40 AM
consultjdm

Ray,

there is a 450XL, 450SA, 450SE V1 and 450SE V2. I think that is all and I think they come in either HDE or CDE versions. I like CDE best.

If you have the 450SE V2 which is the newest one, it has Thrust bearings in the blade grips. And probably says SE V2 on the canopy.

JD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.