Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Align ESC problem >

Align ESC problem

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Align ESC problem

Old 05-18-2006, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align ESC problem

ALIGN ESC Problem: I have an Align RCE-BL35A ESC which came with my T-Rex (a brushless motor set-up). Works fine in the T-Rex which uses a Futaba radio. However, I want to use the ESC in an airplane; the airplane uses a Tower Hobbies "System3000" FM radio set with a dual conversion Rx. When I have everything hooked up, the servos work and the ESC sounds the single beep indicating power. There is no subsequent Rx recognition tone and the motor does not run. Since there is no Rx recognition I can not go into the program mode, either. QUESTION: are there some Rx-s which are not compatible with the Align ESC?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:46 PM

Default RE: Align ESC problem

Yes there are brands that are not compatible with other brands, I have not used an Align ESC. However, the futaba rx's wires/pins (red, black, white) (positive, negative, signal) maybe in different order from the Tower Hobbies system 3000. You may need to get a different plug, or just switch around the wires, but be careful wrong polarity could ruined your RX and/or ESC and/or servos.

I have a Futaba magnum jr Transmitter paired with Tower Hobbies System 3000 Reciever and serovs set up on my RC10GT.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:12 PM

Did you try connecting power with throttle stick at full, wait for tone then pull to low? Because it sounds like the ESC is not seeing the correct throttle input to arm motor. Also, be careful NOT to have prop near anything or body when your not sure of function! Electrics don't stop till they break or run out of power.

edz
Old 05-20-2006, 03:22 PM

Thanks for your help. I have the problem solved. There was someone with the same problem who got an answer from someone. I followed the suggestions given, smilar to yours, and now all is fine. Thanks again.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:25 PM

Thanks for your input. I followed the advise of another member responding to a similar plea. It now works. All I did is reverse the direction of the Ch.3, programmed the ESC and then switcheCh. 3 back. Beats me why this helped, but it works now.