Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Rotor head setup

Old 06-22-2007, 08:48 AM
ksechler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotor head setup

I have set up my TREX 450SE per the finless videos and I have been flying it for some time. I have noticed that my cyclic is not as crisp or responsive as some of the Trex's you see in the 3D demo videos floating around on the web. I have added the 220mm flybar with no weights, wildman dampers, 325mm carbon blades and am using a Hacker AX20 motor (plenty of headspeed). I have set my cyclic throws so that there is no interference at either extreme of pitch (+- 10 degrees). I am thinking that I could use one of the mixes in my radio to allow more cyclic near center but limit the throw at the pitch extremes. Has anyone tried this, or do you have any insights into my dilema?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:55 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Rotor head setup

which servos?

do you use EXPO?
Old 06-22-2007, 10:27 AM
ksechler

hs-65's on collective, but this isn't a servo transit speed issue. I want more authority from the control.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:13 PM
blacksheep1998

Try upping your swash mix? Thats what it is called on JR radios at least. On my XP7202 I have it set mild to 50%, bumping that to 60% presented some interesting clearance issues with the main gear and the servo horns, I trimmed them to rid the clearance issue, but backed back off the mix until I get better and need the extreme travel.

As long as you motor does not bog with the massive pitch, you should be ok. This should give your cyclic a much more sensitive feel, as the same range of motion on the TX will translate to more aggresive cyclic on the bird.

I think I read your question right, and I always get mixed up on collective, and cyclic pitch.

Pete
Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 AM
cflight

If you just want more response around center stick use expo, raising or lowering the % value +/- depends on radio brand, but one will soften and the other will increase input, to get a linear feel, up the servo travel value beyond 100%, which is similar to uping swash %s.
Expo's probably the answer, to avoid binding.
I now a DX7 linearly processes upped ATV/EPA values like uping or lowering the travel value in the expo menu. Be aware with the combination of the two/three (swash values, expo values, and EPAs) it is possible to overdrive a servos potentiometer.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Philng
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not sure about this but you could also try buying carbon fiber paddles, I heard using lighter paddles makes it more agile.