Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

That Eureka Moment..

Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

That Eureka Moment..

Old 12-23-2012, 09:36 AM
pete-itsnoteasy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That Eureka Moment..

That Eureka Moment..

I will Share this idea For those Who Make do & mend .. The spinner on my Westland Wyvern is large so off I go to my local model center they want £45.00 ($75.005 ) for one , so back home I thinks I will make one from a piece of 95 mm ali that I have, when turning on the lathe Spot lamp a Eureka moment I realize that the lamp cover is just the right size (95mm) as was the base the same diameter (45mm) as my starter cone I was about to turn , in other words a ready made cone : ( I did have a spare one) ..You take some cling film place over the spinner & dampen with water take a tube of silicone sealant fill cone & push over spinner turn and remove set aside for a few days polish cone cut away unwanted silicone residue fit over starter cone & secure with self tapping screw . there you have it a recycled lamp to start your pride & joy for approx £2.50 .Uk... Pete Fullard .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73406.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1833117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49187.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1833118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53980.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1833119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl27479.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1833120  
Old 12-23-2012, 02:02 PM
karolh

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: That Eureka Moment..

In our Jamaican dialect we would say "Tun yuh hand an meck fashion" translated to mean, use your hands to make do, and you sure did

Karol
Old 12-23-2012, 03:00 PM
thailazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perfect form fit too! Well done.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:14 AM
pete-itsnoteasy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank's For that, Using the large size Cone makes starting the Laser 300 very Easy; It turns over Now using a lot less effort as you do not need to push hard on the spinner to keep contact & because the large surface area grips so well ... A spinoff of this is you will not burn the nose of the spinner no "friction" all the energy goes into the turning of the motor.. your battery will last longer too.

I'm going to make a smaller one now to fit 90-100 mm dia spinners (Just need to find a fitting that uses a smaller spot bulb) wonder were the swmbo keeps them now ![sm=47_47.gif]