Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Antenna Tube Question

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Antenna Tube Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 11:52 AM
MJFinegan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna Tube Question

Help........While building a Sig 1/5 scale Cub, I planned on running the antenna through a tube down the length of the fuse. I should have put a note to myself in the construction manual. I went merrily on my way and covered, doped, color coat and clear coat then came to the painful realization that I had neglected to install the antenna tube. Is it too late? I have slid the tube into the fuselage underneath the servos and it seems fairly secure (at least at the forward end) without any adhesive. My concern is the aft end of the tube. I'd rather not have it foul on the pull/pull lines. Should this be a concern or am I being overly cautious? Any words of wisdom from the RCU Gurus are more than welcome.
TIA

Mike
Old 04-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Jimmbbo

Default RE: Antenna Tube Question

I would open up a small bay in the rear bottom of the fus and secure the tube with CA. then recover the panel... Would hate to see a control jam because of a loose antenna tube...

Cheers!

Jim
Old 05-01-2005, 09:56 AM
the-plumber

If you've built the J-3 scale at all, there will be access covers where the stab attaches to the fuse. Make those covers functional and of the correct size.

You should be able to 'fish around' in the fuse rear and capture the end of the antenna tube, and you can use a clean soda straw to 'inject' thin CA - just don't glue the antenna tube shut.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:16 AM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

I'd insert the antenna tube from the tail end and then capture it in the cabin. All you would need is a hole the size of the tube.

Rich
Old 05-02-2005, 01:48 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

I slide antenna tubes into ARF's all the time, it's really no big deal.