RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Tips & Techniques (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tips-techniques-180/)
-   -   New Monokote Technique (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tips-techniques-180/6686800-new-monokote-technique.html)

Whistling Death 11-30-2007 04:02 PM

RE: New Monokote Technique

This gets my vote for idea of the year!

somegeek 11-30-2007 09:59 PM

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

RRW_SOAR 12-01-2007 02:52 PM

Very Nice! Thanks.

I think in my country I wouldn't find that "press'n peel" thingie, could you please explain me if that is used for food as saran wrap? It has some kind of glue on one side?

Regards.

rjbarthel 12-05-2007 07:50 AM

wow I love it . I now have a good grasp on how to do some cool grafix on some of my stuff . Thanks

scott282 12-08-2007 11:14 AM

Thanks for the tip lomcevek1,

I purchased a package of Press and Seal and am ready to try my hand at this technique. I have a white fin and rudder begging for something to go on it.

Does someone have a good web site where I can find 2 dimensional black and white clip art or silhouettes that would work? I’m thinking flames or skulls or anything else that would look good.

Thanks again,

Scott.

danny03 12-08-2007 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: RRW_SOAR

Very Nice! Thanks.

I think in my country I wouldn't find that "press'n peel" thingie, could you please explain me if that is used for food as saran wrap? It has some kind of glue on one side?

Regards.
Yes on both questions, it is used for wrapping food and there is an adhesive on one side.

lomcevek1 12-13-2007 11:34 PM

Well lets see some pics of what you have come up with !!!!

alpinestar 01-04-2008 09:31 PM

thumbs up!! all of a sudden I think I'll come out of "iron-on retirement" & give this a try!

plasticjoe 01-05-2008 12:53 PM

Moderators..... is there a way to group an Information only thread for monokote techniques like this ? put all these together.... Minnflyer's video's and the such ? and as new ones come along.... they can be added only by a moderator

lomcevek1 01-07-2008 01:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I got the eye done for the primo. Now all I have left is the final assembly/

BankYank 01-18-2008 06:44 PM

This thread needs to be made sticky!

Pa-18cub150 01-19-2008 10:05 AM

I would sure like to see this as in the RCU magazine how to videos in a windows media player format.

My head is about to explode with all of the ideas I am having.

Great video and we wont to see more of the premo

lomcevek1 01-28-2008 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Huh This vid has been posted on a few different websites and it just occured to me I have not put any pics of the PRIMO up yet. Well here are a few. I have had to put the final construction on hold for a bit. But this summer she will be ready

N1EDM 05-31-2008 06:17 PM

Just saw the article on this today in AMA Insider. Watched the video on YouTube. This one deserves a bump so that more people can see it.

Bob

N1EDM 06-07-2008 11:38 PM

Lomcevek,

Can you tell us how you came up with those designs, or suggestions for how we might find something like that on the Internet (Google search terms, etc.)?

Thanks,

Bob

mikenlapaz 06-08-2008 12:22 AM

Press and Seal has been added to my shopping list. May have to have it sent from USA. Your wing graphics are very nice, muy bien.

You video was super informative as well. Thanks.

Pa-18cub150 06-08-2008 09:36 AM

N1EDM
Google tattoo flash or tribal graphics you will be busy for hours

N1EDM 06-08-2008 07:30 PM

Thanks!!

And, I like your signature... I've heard it said slightly differently, but the meaning remains the same...

Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement. :D:)

Bob

lomcevek1 06-09-2008 03:29 AM

PA-18 about nailed it. I got all the graphics or at least the ideas for them from google images and searching tatoo sites.

Often with me the idea for a covering scheme is wayyy different than what I originally started out to do.

johnnyo 07-31-2008 08:20 PM

I'm impressed with your video and your work with Monokote, I have a question regarding trim adhesive removel. I am changing the design alittle bit on a 1/3 GP Pitts. After removing black and red diamonds on the rudder,(they came off easily) there is a residue left were they were.
I haven't got to agressive, but have tried alittle acetone, didn't fase it one bit, goo-be gone, didn't fase it, I have not tried denatured alcahol. Do not want to mare the finish as there is not going to be any other grafics applied.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
johnnyO

Prairie Mike 08-01-2008 10:12 AM

Try Monocoat Trim Solvent
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...nocoat+solvent

lomcevek1 08-01-2008 05:05 PM

I would have to agree with the above. Trim solvent should do the trick nicely.

I am not sure what type of covering your removing but there have been times when I have used a heat gun to remove some trim the did not work out right, but left the colored adhesive behind. You have to keep going over it with a clean cloth or Q-tips but it should come off.

hattend 09-02-2008 12:02 AM

You posted this in 2007. Glad I found it now.

That is an awesome technique, well done. Can't wait to try it myself

Don

Jim_Purcha 09-07-2008 06:54 AM

Does anyone know whether the "Press and Seal" technique would work with Ultrakote?

Jim

Pa-18cub150 09-07-2008 09:14 AM

The Windex part of the process will not work with Ultrakoat as it dos not activate the adhesive on the covering.