Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Throttle trim adjustment question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 09:33 PM
joebags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle trim adjustment question?

I have a new Revo that I am still breaking in and I have a question on the Throttle trim adjustment on the radio. I moved it from its original factory setting and then later put it back to where I believe it was originally set. My question is how do I know if its set properly? I know to test to see if it rolls freely when on with no breaks being applied which will tell me that its not set to apply the break. But how do you tell if its set to give some gas so that the truck moves forward on its own? I mean how can you tell how much movement is due to too high of an idle and how much might be do to the Throttle trim not being set properly? I also tried looking into the carb but its such a small amount of space that the throttle slide must be set at that I can't really tell if its set right or not. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:58 PM
1Nightrider1

Default RE: Throttle trim adjustment question?

take out the air filter and set the trim so that theres only a 1mm gap no more
Old 01-31-2006, 09:42 PM
twgreen3

Your trim has to be set to zero or your opti drive will think you have the throttle on and not let you shift. My experience has taught me that there is not need to ever adjust the throttle trim unless your servo is way out of whack. All of the idle and tuning issues should be done on the carb and not with the throttle trim. If you use the throttle trim to adjust the idle you are effectively eliminating the throttle stop screw. I hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:53 PM
joebags

ORIGINAL: twgreen3

Your trim has to be set to zero or your opti drive will think you have the throttle on and not let you shift. My experience has taught me that there is not need to ever adjust the throttle trim unless your servo is way out of whack. All of the idle and tuning issues should be done on the carb and not with the throttle trim. If you use the throttle trim to adjust the idle you are effectively eliminating the throttle stop screw. I hope this helps.
Thanks but my Throttle Idle trim was set slight right of zero from the factory but I moved it then I tried to move it back to where is was set from the factory but this was not precise. Any other adice? I guess I can maybe set it to zero and then reprogram the opti drive per the instructions?