Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

EZ Start insulator wearing off

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 12:00 AM
caseyw10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Start insulator wearing off

Ive had my revo for a few days and have changed the glow plug/checked them a few times and when I do I use a needle nose pliers. After a while the insulation thing of the wire began to come off, and at the bottom it wore all the way down to the spring. Has this happened to any of you? Also, my LHS guy gave me a O.S. Plug Long Reach LC3 Hot and I tried for about an hour and it wasnt going in... anyone have any suggestions. thanks a lot
Old 12-27-2007, 12:38 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: EZ Start insulator wearing off

Just wrap some electrical tape around it if the wire is beginning to be exposed.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:49 AM
nitrorc89

i had the same problem....i went to walmart and got some shrink wrap stuff....its this stuff you put around wires take a lighter and hold the flame to it and it shrinks to fit the wire....works perfect...u can get it to withstand the heat....better than electric tape and costed just as much as a roll of electric tape
Old 12-27-2007, 12:50 AM
jessemxt

Hey mine is all busted up and it still works I think some electric tape would be fine.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:28 AM
RCCanuck

just use a regular glow ignitor...it will start easier and your battery will last longer and you don't have to worry about that wire anymore.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:59 AM
caseyw10

good call. Thats what Im going to do, just use a regular glow ignitor,
Old 12-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Jishory

what i used to do was double layer some shrink wrap, held up great... i just got rid of my ez start today, its nice to not have to worry about your starter battery dying like mine always seemed to do on some cold days, i got a pull start off ebay for 5 bucks and a nice long reach glow starter for 20$ at my lhs.