Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

A couple mostly finished projects :) TONS of Pics!

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

A couple mostly finished projects :) TONS of Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 11:39 PM
1FastGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple mostly finished projects :) TONS of Pics!

Well, T-Maxx Driver said it's boring here tonight, so I figured I'd take a few pics and show you guys what I've been working on forever.

First is my all aluminum truck...lots of Integy stuff and RD Logics. I know most of you guys hate Integy, but this truck looks so cool in person. And I only use this truck on-road, so I'm not worried about bending it and stuff. It has an OS 30 in it..I need to get a better fitting header for it, and the pull starter is screwed up. Also the throttle linkage from New Era is super cheesey, but it's OK for now. I guess most of it's parts are self explainatory. Started building it last year I think, so I've been working on it awhile. But I just got through with break-in, and that OS 30 is INSANE!! Oh, and the body is actually for a 2.5, but I thought it'd look cool with the bigger tires, the moabs or whatever they are called, but I didn't end up using them since I decided to keep it mostly on-road. So now the body just looks kinda strange, but oh well. Ok, so here's some pics of it....

And this is my other truck I bought off eBay and decided to fix up, it had a Sirio .23 when I got it and I decided to get a .26 red dot and stick on it, which I still need to finish breaking in.

And here's a couple of my ol' T-Maxx with the OS .18TM in it...

And last, but not least, my Frankenstein I've been working on. I took the Sirio .23 off the Revo I got on eBay and got the sleeve pinched from that Ray A Racing guy and stuck on there. I still need to do something with the exhaust so it's not bent up like that....probably gonna go with side exhaust, but this thing runs!

And all my nitros together. The other one I didn't show is an all-aluminum RC10GT

Lemme know what you guys think!

Old 09-14-2008, 11:45 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A couple mostly finished projects :) TONS of Pics!

Nice, all incredibly well done cars.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:33 AM
KRO

Sweet cars ! That REVO in the first pics is bling-bling like a chicken wing ! [8D]
Old 09-15-2008, 01:46 AM
RIP_nitrodan
My Feedback: (1)

wow man those ar every nice trucks! i am smitten by that revo there in the first couple of pics! it is gorgeous!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:06 AM
TMaxxDriver

[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif] NICE NICE NICE Rides you got there 1FASTGT!!!! Very VERY VERY Impressive!!! Maybe you can answer my question since you are all decked out with Integy and RDLogics... Are there many differences between the TWO, because I was browsing through aluminum products for my ride, (like you have done), and I know people say to stay away from Integy, BUT all the RDLogics products looked darn near identical!!! Just curious if they are better/worse quality...? I might add a few of these products to mine, i dunno about the aluminum arms, but may get blue RPM or something else, not sure yet... I know it adds alot of weight and stuff, but im not worried about that... another question is, how good are the Integy piggy back shocks you have? I might consider those also... and last but definitely NOT least, how is that Picco JL Red Dot?? you said your not done breaking in, but that thing makes my mouth water!!! thinkin about getting it for my TMaxx...

once again, mucho kudos on your rigs!!! keep up the good work!!!

thats the things i like to see when things get boring around here, nice job to waken my senses!!! LoL
Old 09-15-2008, 02:16 AM
1FastGT

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments! Many many hours went into all that. Ummm...as far as the difference between Integy and RD Logics....not much as far as I can tell...The Integy stuff I think actually has a nicer looking finish than the RD Logic stuff to me. I'd probably be able to give you a better answer once I get some runtime in and see what breaks first. I probably wouldn't recommend the Integy shocks, they seem kind of cheesey. All they really do is look cool. And the overall weight of the truck doesn't seem THAT bad. I mean it's heavy, but not ridiculous.. It's probably a good thing to have a little extra weight anyways, cause that 30 flies!

Oooooh, and the Red Dot....I can't wait to get a few tanks through that thing, I can already tell it's going to be an animal..
Old 09-15-2008, 02:24 AM
RIP_nitrodan
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: TMaxxDriver
. I know it adds alot of weight and stuff,
my tmaxx is covered in integy aluminum and although it is 1/10th compared to 1/8th scale...it is soooooo much lighter than my savage its ridiculous. id trade the weight for the durability anytime...those a arms are a ***** to replace.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:22 PM
1FastGT

Had em all out tonight.. The Picco is disgustingly fast! I really need to get some metal driveshafts. I don't see these plastic jobs lasting long. As far as the aluminum being heavy, it's kinda nice with that 30, I think it's helping keep my front end on the ground.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:48 PM
dkastil

yah the picco is verry fast and starts like a charm and is easy to tune i have about 8 tanks threw my new red dot , that aluminum revo looks nice i have a car with aluminum arms and it rides nice i think the weight helps i have had alot of big crashes and have not bent a arm, yet i have bent 3 lunstford ti turnbuckles so it is strong , and that truck looks cool if you bend a arm you get a new one .
Old 09-15-2008, 11:27 PM
power454

Tmaxx Driver, i've heard a lot of bad things about the piggyback shocks since i've gotten back into rc. I heard they break a lot and don't always do that much more for the truck.

Those trucks are sweet looking 1FastGT!!! The only thing that I might change would be the Hummer body doesn't quite look right on that tricked out Revo. Otherwise that's a sweet ride. I wish I had a suggestion for a better body but nothing is coming to mind right now. Otherwise 2 thumbs up on all of your cars!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:42 PM
1FastGT

Thanks Power454! Yeah, the body looks kinda goofy. I need to come up with something else, I'm just not sure what either.

And yeah, dkastil...people keep saying the Picco is hard to tune, I'm not having any sorts of problems so far, unless something changes as the engine becomes more broken-in, I dunno...