Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

DC-3/C-47 question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 06:48 PM
fliir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DC-3/C-47 question

Osman:

I would very much like a copy of the .DWG for your scale landing gear! I built a small C-47 but I want to build a larger one that is more scale!

David
Old 12-31-2007, 02:32 PM
OsmanKhan

Hi David,

Give me your email address for the file. Cant post the file in this forum as the format is not permitted. My address is "[email protected]".

Regards
Osman
Old 02-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Zero
My Feedback: (42)

Mark

Did you ever decide to tow a glider? Which glider did you decide on? I have a contact in England for a set of Horsa glider plans with a 9' wingspan. Some guys over there built several for a TV show. I will need to dig up the info and would be happy to share it if you wish.
Good Luck with your DC-3. I will be starting a Ziroli DC-3 in airline colors in a couple of months.

Fred
Old 02-14-2008, 05:39 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks fantastic OsmanKhan [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 02-17-2008, 06:44 PM
marko509

I have decided against towing a glider on this version... down the road I would like to build the Ziroli version, perhaps a glider would go good with this... I wouldn't mind seeing plans for a Horsa, that'd be pretty neat.

My plane is coming along slowly... I decided to build a more scale-like shock-absorbing tail wheel, and I finally have it to the point where I mounted it inside the fuse, now I just have to paint it to get it to look like a real one and hook up the linkages...

Mark
Old 02-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Zero
My Feedback: (42)

Mark

I ordered a set of plans for the Horsa Glider from X-List Plans in England a couple of years ago. The wing span is between 80" and 90". The plans are #SF522.
Check out thier website.
www.xlistplans.demon.co.uk

Also check out The Assult Glider Trust. This is a group of people who are building a new full size Horsa Glider from the original drawings. Many pictures are included for the building.

Good Luck
Fred
Old 10-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Shoestring1958

Hey guys, between moving and closing the business I owned, things are finally getting back to normal again and have had time to get back to working on my Top Flite dc-3. Im starting on the wing now and want to install a lighting system. You know landing, strobes etc. Have any of you good fellows done this with youre kits and if so can you provide me with some ideas? Thanks guys.