Community
Search
Notices
VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying Discuss VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying in this forum

First, Second, Third Test Flight

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:29 AM
SukhoiKid
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First, Second, Third Test Flight

Well yesterday was the test flight and had major problems. It wouldnt fly long at all cause everything would get screwed up when I reverse it and go back to normal. Well this morning I was looking at the setup and I had the piece that you connect the prop to on wrong. I fixed that and now it flies really good. I thought the plane would be unstable hovering nose down but it really isnt. The funny thing is that if you go into a snap roll and reverse the pitch it just gets stuck in a hover with the nose facing down and you just hold it and it stays!!!!! Now just have to get use to flying the plane I will have a video up soon.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:29 PM
SukhoiKid

Default RE: First, Second, Third Test Flight

Well guys no video sorry. Just went out to fly it again and had probably the worst luck ever. I was flying and having a good time when one of my connectors for the battery came off and I did put it on tight but it still came off and I was kind of high and I had no control over it and came down at a 45 degree downline and nailed a metal shed. I mean hit it really hard. I dont think any foamy could have lived through it. But it tore up my shocky yak and vpp system. So I probably lost 100 dollars just on that flight.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:15 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Bummer!!! At least it works though!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:15 PM
SukhoiKid

Hey,
I went back to the barn and my grandad actually fixed it all. So later this afternoon or tomorrow I am going to try it again and tape up those connections this time. Gosh hope nothing else happens.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Fly-n-3D

Hope you have better luck.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:06 PM
SukhoiKid

Well so far we have it fix but the props were turned around so I just reverse everything in the radio and it work but it ran down the battery fast and the battery got really hot. So now I am trying to get everything back to where it was before the crash and hopefully everything will be okay.