Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera Dragonfly 22E Sim Cable Help

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera Dragonfly 22E Sim Cable Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
tchuxa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera Dragonfly 22E Sim Cable Help

Hi. i have try to put my Walkera TX working on FMS, and no success. can some one help me?
the "game/joystick" windows option detect something connect, but don't anser to the Walkera TX, can't calibre it. i tried with cable LPT and the PPjoy, with the resistor inline the transistor and the signal cable, with no result, i have tried to without the resistor and the same result. my Walkera it is from a #5 and only have 4chanels.
help please.

thanks

sorry my english.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:47 AM
jtspin

I don't know anything about the #5 and the 4-channel Tx. I know the #4 used a serial cable with PPjoy and PPjoyCOM and the "Zhen Hua 5 byte protocol" for the serial protocol. Sorry I can't be more help.

-JT
Old 04-21-2007, 06:55 AM
chikut

'ive made 2 type of this walkera cable. Both are working with PPJ and FMS. 1 for 4 ch and the other o1 is for the 6ch tx. It is all base on going through all the threads... Thanks to all providing the solutions...
Old 05-05-2007, 06:44 PM
TrumpetRhapsody

Has anyone gotten this to work with a JR radio? 7202 to be specific.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:10 AM
roychye

Hi eveyone i need help for my simulator cable. I have Reflex and walkera 22e sim cable from ebay but the cable just doesnt work. the cable is fs-sm100 of flyskyhttp://www.flyskychina.com/Chinese/Product.asp, it uses usb interface. when i plug in the cable into usb port (transmitter not connected), it was detected by computer and the LED keeps flashing. However, there is no signal input seen in the simulator when the transmitter is connected.

I appreciate any help from any of you if you know what went wrong with this cable. Thanks a lot.

Roychye
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54943.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	684942  
Old 05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
jtspin

If you go into Control Panel - Game Controllers, does your cable/controller show up? Can you calibrate it (with the Tx connected, of course)?

-JT
Old 05-15-2007, 09:20 PM
roychye

Hi JTspin. Thanks for your notice, i do found the controller in the games controller, it's name is ppm. Same as before, its status is ok even the tx is not connected, and i was not able to calibrate it

I run the AA alkerine battery on the 22e transmitter, is it the problem of low power? but the battery level shows it's pretty much full. Or there is some setup needed on the tx??? i'm really upset because i cant play with my reflex xtr.

If you have any suggestion could you pls tell me, i m considering getting a Esky simulator controller which costs 30 aussie dollar, if the tx still not gonna work.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:15 AM
jtspin

I think the controller will show up under Game Controllers whether or not it's plugged in. I think your batteries are probably fine. If you can't calibrate it with the Tx plugged in and turned on, it may be that the cable doesn't work with the 22E Tx. The Esky simulator controller may be the easy route if you don't want to make your own cable.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
-JT
Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 AM
roychye

Thanks for your help jtspin, it feels so great to get help from a stranger. Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Ferrari27

Hi,

I new here and i have the same problem. I have buy 2 cable. First one is a USB cable but the red light always flash on but never stay red. The second one is a serial port cable. I use PPJoy program. All it work but when i try to configure, the joystick is successfully, the port open successfully but the serial protocol is set to Zhen Hua 5 byte protocol and i have always the message ''waiting for stream init...'' nothing happen after that and no connection with my transmitter. I have try set up to calibrate on the FMS programm but nothing happen too.

Can you help me please ?

Thank's

Ferrari
Old 08-07-2007, 01:36 AM
jtspin

I can't help with the USB cable. If you have the 22E, the serial port cable doesn't work with the 22E Tx (I don't know why they provide the useless cable). You can either make the cable that connects to your parallel port and uses PPjoy as shown at the beginning of this thread, or make the one that connects to your sound card and uses PPjoy and SmartPropoPlus.

-JT
Old 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Ferrari27

HI,
I have make my own cable like ii shown on this tread but no response. I have take my serial port cable. I have 4 wire. Black, White, Green and Red. I have looking to the diagram on this tread and make a check up of witch one is the ground and witch one is the line. The White is the line and the Green the ground. I have make solder like shown and transistor and DC548 like it shown but doesn't work.

Any solution ?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Tommyjoking

Just want to say thanks for the cable solution to Jaskel!! I have not done it yet but transistors, connectors and cables are cheap and on the way. I have been practicing with a playstation like controller on the sims and those sticks just dont have the feel or throw range like the TX. I tried the smartproplus hookup and it simply does not work the signal is too hot or two weak and its jittery...besides the throttle does not seem to register at all. I hope this solution works for me as well....I could not locate the bc 548 so I ordered a range of low signal pnp transistors. Fingers crossed (i need the sim time)
Old 01-07-2008, 12:41 AM
TrumpetRhapsody

Not to discredit this method of cable, since I DO have one and used it for quite awhile, but the smartpropo does work if you tweak with it. Make sure you try it in both your mic input AND line in inputs. For me it wouldn't do throttle in mic, but works great in the line in slot. It can be finicky, but it's nice if you can get it to work.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:56 AM
jtspin

ORIGINAL: Tommyjoking

I could not locate the bc 548 so I ordered a range of low signal pnp transistors. Fingers crossed (i need the sim time)
PNP?!?! I hope that's a typo; you want an NPN! Pretty much any NPN will work. I think I used a 2N914. It's just there because the signal right out of the Tx doesn't have enough oomph to drive your average printer port.

-JT
Old 01-08-2008, 04:30 AM
Tommyjoking

oooooopssss[]shiznit!!! Oh well $1.50 lost on a handfull of transitors no biggie will get a NPN . THANKS JT!!!

TrumpetRhapsody I tried both and just could not get a stable response out of it...might be my soundcard but it just did not like the input. I went thru the little diagnostic progs (meters) and all looked good but when it come down to configuring in FMS it just did not want to take it. I tried messing with levels on the soundcard and in windows and it was just frustrating. I am not knocking it...its great somone took the time to write the prog but it just did not work for me.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:29 PM
disenfranchised

I've bought a USB cable that is supposed to work with ANY walkera 4Ch-6Ch transmitter.
I have the 22E standard transmitter

I think it's the same as what's been mentioned before.
When you plug it in, it detects fine, and creates a joystick device called PPM (with a little square character after it) but it can't be used/calibrated etc...the sticks have no effect.

I tried making the microphone cable to use with SmartProPlus and PPJoy, and didn't have any luck there either.

Has anyone managed to get a USB connection working at all?
Do the dip switches need to be changed to make it work?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 PM
mrclean816

ok followed the instructions.
made the cable. well really i just altered the cable i had.
10 k resister and http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search transister
nothing.
changed the port setup on the printer port in bios. assigned irq. everything installs and detects but there is no action in calibrate controller section.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:53 PM
mrclean816

can you tell us where you got it and how much it cost.

ORIGINAL: disenfranchised

I've bought a USB cable that is supposed to work with ANY walkera 4Ch-6Ch transmitter.
I have the 22E standard transmitter

I think it's the same as what's been mentioned before.
When you plug it in, it detects fine, and creates a joystick device called PPM (with a little square character after it) but it can't be used/calibrated etc...the sticks have no effect.

I tried making the microphone cable to use with SmartProPlus and PPJoy, and didn't have any luck there either.

Has anyone managed to get a USB connection working at all?
Do the dip switches need to be changed to make it work?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:26 PM
jtspin

ORIGINAL: mrclean816

ok followed the instructions.
made the cable. well really i just altered the cable i had.
10 k resister and http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search transister
nothing.
changed the port setup on the printer port in bios. assigned irq. everything installs and detects but there is no action in calibrate controller section.
Have you tried enabling "Debug PPM RC interface" under the Options in the PPjoy configuration utility? Do you get any sound (clicking) if you do?

-JT
Old 02-02-2008, 10:18 PM
mrclean816

yeah did that too, no click.
ive heard someone say they tried 3 different methods and none of them worked
Old 02-03-2008, 09:00 PM
chemicalbro

in response to disenfranchised
i finally found a solution to the 22e USB sim cable problem...
for anybody else that's interested, you can get the cables from ebay [link=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FMS-Simulator-USB-Futaba-Esky-Interface-Cable-270-model_W0QQitemZ290203213973QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1238 49QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]link[/link]

the problem with the supplied round DIN cable is that the pinouts are different.

I got an old s video cable.. once i worked out which wires were signal and ground on the s-vid (using jaskels pin out for the transmitter) I cut one of the 3 supplied cables and connected it to the s-vid cable.. (its easy to see which is signal and ground on the supplied cable as signal will be shielded...... ground will not be)

then using ppjoy I set up a virtual joystick with 4 axis.... x,y,z and throttle..
and mapping as follows

1st of all you have to go to the game controller setup in windows control panel where it will now list PPM and ppjoy virtual devices
and click on the advanced button. a window will pop up asking which device you want to use .... select PPM..

then run ppjoyDLL and make sure the Dll type is set to smart propo, click the load DLL button and navigate to windows/System32 and load the file winmm.dll (it's easier to just type in the file name than hunt through all the files)
set the interval time to around 25-40 as the default setting of 5 is a little too sensitive... you can change this to suit yourself... larger numbers will make the sticks less sensitive to input small numbers more sensitive... (its the time in thousands of a second that the driver reads the stick inputs)

after that is done click the advanced tab on the game controller window again and change the device you want to use to the ppjoy virtual joystick... (this will then pass the inputs of the ppm device (your transmitter) to the ppjoy device)
(you will have to go through that process each time you run ppjoyDLL so make sure you save an ini file somewhere with all the settings so that it's just a matter of loading the ini file each time)

most of the channels will be reversed but thats easy enough to fix from within your simulator..

I am succesfully using the transmitter with realflight

I'm still unable to work out how to get the switches working but at least its possible to fly the helis and planes in the sim.

here's a couple of quick photos of my 22e with new paintjob because the clear canopy looks awful (airbrushed by me.... it still needs a few more coats of clear to make it really shine tho ) and my new metal rotor head upgrade which i just fitted yesterday.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:14 AM
senan

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hELP ME im stuck and no one is helping me

MY WALKERA 22E WORKS PERFICTLY ACCEPT THAT IT DOES NOT LEFT UP IT STAYS ON THE GROUND DANCING ARROUND BUT IT NEVER GOES UP EVERN IF THE THRITTLE STICK IS ON HIEST SPEED

PLEASE HELP ME

i HAD A CRASH WITH IS WICH BROKE THE BLADES AND I REPARED THEM WITH NEW ONES

BUT HTERE IS ANOTHER PART WICH IS BROKEN

i had just checked the two pins that go throgh the t shape had gone off do you think that is why its not lifting up

please view this pic:

http://a.viary.com/imagedetail?fguid...-0030488e168ci

had just checked the two pins that go throgh the t shape had gone off do you think that is why its not lifting up OR what is happening please help
Old 03-13-2008, 01:15 AM
senan

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hELP ME im stuck and no one is helping me

MY WALKERA 22E WORKS PERFICTLY ACCEPT THAT IT DOES NOT LEFT UP IT STAYS ON THE GROUND DANCING ARROUND BUT IT NEVER GOES UP EVERN IF THE THRITTLE STICK IS ON HIEST SPEED

PLEASE HELP ME

i HAD A CRASH WITH IS WICH BROKE THE BLADES AND I REPARED THEM WITH NEW ONES

BUT HTERE IS ANOTHER PART WICH IS BROKEN

i had just checked the two pins that go throgh the t shape had gone off do you think that is why its not lifting up

please view this pic:

http://a.viary.com/imagedetail?fguid...-0030488e168ci

had just checked the two pins that go throgh the t shape had gone off do you think that is why its not lifting up OR what is happening please help
Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 PM
TheJosh

Was your heli ever flying before it broke? I found out of the box mine never got off the ground either (esp with the training gear attached). I have a solution that shoult make it get off the ground (HOWEVER USE AT YOUR OWN RISK). On the back of the TX is a switch 8. that states do not touch. Turning this switch on enables the two knobs on the top front of the controller (TX). I get these confused however one adjusts the pitch offset (PIT I think) and the other adjusts the pitch travel (PLT I think). You need to adjust the offset. Unplug the motors and power on the TX and heli and turn on DIP switch 8. Turn the knobs until the pitch angle on the blade changes. The pitch travel switch will only make a difference if the throttle is above 50% (so leave the throttle at 0% and only adjust the knob that makes a difference to the pitch (pitch offset NOT pitch travel)). Put a positive pitch on the blade (5-10 degrees) and give it a fly. Keep adjusting (can be done in flight if you are confident) until the heli lifts off at around 50% throttle.

BTW this is a bit off track of this thread and should be moved to another thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.