Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky honey bee CP

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 06:43 PM
casipak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

Well, a friend of mine said he'd let me borrow his reflex but he is keeping the interface because he's practicing too.
Will that cable work with aerofly pro?
Old 05-19-2005, 10:24 PM
brianreed31714

Yep - that's it - the pin was broken in the centre hub - pulled out a broken pin. Ok, next quesiton and I wouldn't ask if I hadn't just spent a few hours trying to figure this out (without breaking parts). How do I get to the centre hub off to get to the main gear set rod? Do the links just pop off? I didn't want to force anything.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 05-19-2005, 11:50 PM
rbiasi

Get some ball link pliers. Helihobby has a set that works good on the HB2 that are only $10.50. Usually they go for about $40. To get the center hub off you can just pop the links off of the swash that run up to the paddle control frame. You can probably pop them off without ball link pliers, but they make it much easier. Helihobby also has replacement stainless steel pins for pretty cheap. Or you can just make one with some piano wire.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:13 AM
batfalcon

ORIGINAL: rbiasi

Well, I finally got a chance to stop by Dymond yesterday. Great shop. I picked up a couple of their 3 cell 2000mah li-po's for my TRex. I talked to the owner for a while. Nice guy. He flys a Raptor and a TRex. I tried one of the batts in my rex this morning. Sweet! just as much punch as my TP2100s or Kokams for less than half the price.
rdiasi,
It's extremely difficult to find this kind of hitec equipment here in Greece, and if you do, it's more likely to pay 3 times their value so I will be asking for your help.
Can this 3 cell pack be used on the HB CP ?
If it does can you buy one for me and send it to Greece? I can transfer the money to you via "PayPal". Or else post please any link that carries this stuff. So far I searched at the www.allerc.com, www.heli-fever.com and www.autoscafe.com. Haven't found anything cheap at this (2000 mAh) capacity though.

Thanks,
Old 05-20-2005, 11:02 AM
rbiasi

Michael,
Here is the link, http://www.rc-dymond.com/order_batteries_lipol.htm, the 2000mah is pretty heavy ~150g. So I don't know if you want to use it in a HB2. But they do have 1200mah packs that I think paedbo and casipak are running in their HB2.

I got one of the new Kokam 2000mah 15C discharge li-po batts yesterday. I'm charging that right now. I'm curious to compare it to the Dymond 2000mah. Since the Kokam was $80 and the Dymond $35.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:24 PM
casipak

Yeah, I just got the 1200 mah dymond battery and it seems to work pretty well. Although I didn't have a lot of time to fly this week, the battery seems to work nicely. I just have to do a test and figure out how much flight time I get.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:28 PM
scottyfusion
My Feedback: (1)

ok i need some help here! my hb is doing the funky chicken. i cant find the prob! i replaced the main shaft and rotor head but it still wobbles slightly even with no blades or paddles on it. any ideas?

next subject is.....Rbiasi were is dymond at? im going to cali next week and i wouldnt mind stopping in and grabbing some lipos. im going to santa barbra. is it even close?

please help, Scotty

btw- i did file and sand the shaft but it had a bend in it and thats when my patience got a little to thin. lol. ill be flying my shogun until i figure this out. i havent even flown the hb yet. it was given to me (broken) and im trying to revive her!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:23 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

i use my angle grinder to file it down, if its bent bad i just cut it off where the jesus pin is, then knock the burrs off,

kind of overdoing it with the angle grinder but it makes easy work of it, and i always have a new main gear to replace it with, once its bent i dont like trying to fix it or messing with it,

i took mine out for a flight today the wind was fairly calm, alittle breeze here and there but not bad, It flew a hell of alot better than last time ( 5mph winds). I still havent gotten an exact time on flight with the dymond 1200mah pack and the two brushless motors, but im going to guess that i had flown it 10 minutes and it still had alittle left in it, I'm running the himax 2015-4100 at about 80% throttle, my head speed is ??? i have no idea but it sounds good hahahaha, In the near future ill be sure to pick up an rpm gauge.

After trying a 1500mah 11.1 lipo, the 1000mah 11.1 from esky, and now the dymond 1200mah 11.1, i definetly have to say the 1200mah pack is the best suited battery pack for the honey bee 2 in my experience. the 1000mah was good but shorter flight times, the 1500mah was way too heavy. I cant imagine how some people run it on a 2000mah pack, I guess if you alter the setup of the heli alittle you can get it to fly decent with a heavier pack. but i doubt the stock tail motors would last long.

scotty are your flybar paddles the same distance from the center? an offset could cause a wobble. my hb2 has always had some kind of wobble even though its very little i can still see it, even with all brand new parts, its very small though, not enough to cause much of a vibration
Old 05-20-2005, 08:38 PM
casipak

Mine has some little vibration because the main shaft is a little bent. I flew around my room today because outside was raining but I had mowed the lawn so it was perfect for flying. When I flew with tall grass at low altitude, The heli would get tangled up in the grass and I couldn't fly too high because of the tree branches. Oh well.

Also, after a few flights inside, I turned the heli off and let it cool off. When I came back to it, I plugged in the battery and after the LED flashed red about 3 times or so, it turned green. Instead of flashing green, it switched to red and then back to green and then back to red and went on and on. I didn't know what to do. The radio was on before the heli, throttle trim was all the way down, everything was connected properly. I then discovered that if I pushed on the receiver crystal really hard, it would start flashing green and the moment I stopped pushing, it would start changing colors. I took the crystal out and used on of those spray cans of air. It blows air really hard. When I blew the air inside the crystal slot and put the crystal back and connected the battery, everything went back to normal.

Also, after I discovered the problem, I let the heli stand for an hour. When I plugged everything in, it worked properly for about 15 seconds and started flashing. Once I blew inside the slot it worked properly continously.

Could this just be dust?

As I said earlier, my friend will let me borrow his copy of reflex xtr but he is keeping the interface because he practices everyday.
What cable should I get for the eclipse 7 that will work with reflex and maybe aerofly pro?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:46 PM
paedbo

like i said reflex has an antipiracy device that comes with it

"This is the interface cable only and does not include the "USB Connector" which is a copy-protection device for XTR."

i got that from http://store.xtremercproducts.com/re...simulator.html

at the bottom you can see the seperate packages that come with the different interface cables, then they sell just the interface cable, but they wont sell the usb part to make sure nobody pirates the software.

you have 2 options

1.buy reflex with the proper interface cable for your radio.

2 buy just the interface for your radio, and beg your friend to let you borrow reflex software and the usb adapter.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:04 PM
casipak

I see. Well, I'll ask him. He'll let me borrow the whole thing. It's just that I won't be able to use it for a long time because he's about at the same stage as me, maybe just a little bit ahead, and he obviously wants to get better at the hobby.

Also, the cable there are JR, Futaba round, and Futaba square. Nothing for hitec. Will the round cable be compatible with the hitec and futaba?

I saw the radio control with a cable that comes with aerofly pro on ebay for around $35 bucks but I don't know anyone who's got aerofly.

And on ebay, the sim cable sells for around $40 with a lot of bids. It looks like there's a usb adapter included because the seller says you can plug it right into the usb port and there's a little box that comes out of the cable that looks like that adapter.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:37 PM
scottyfusion

i dont know what the prob was. i took it all apart and when i got togethter again "poof" perfectly balanced. although......there is still a slight wobble in the rotor head but i cant feel it so the heck with it. lets fly!!!

flys good. now i have to tear it all apart because i got the 6 channel in the mail from paedbo today and its going to be a cp2.

no i take it back im going to get a bare bones cp2 and put paedbo's radio in that and keep the fixed pitch for parts and fun or fun and parts which ever comes first!!

i want to go brushless butt i have to many other projects going on. i still have two planes and a power boat to finish! where will i find the time? where will i get the money? and most importent how will i hide it all from my wife????
Old 05-20-2005, 09:41 PM
casipak

Does reflex use series PIC protocol? The seller includes a disk with fms or something and on the pic, one of the ends of the cable is a usb. I think that should work.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:02 PM
paedbo

casipak try this flight sim, its not a reflex though but you get a 2 hour demo and it will work with a playstation like joystick,

http://www.rcflightsim.com

i just tried it, i like it better than fms, but i wonder if it has wind and stuff,

and i doubt reflex used any popular protocols if they purposely made their usb adapter for anti-piracy,

from what i read also , im not sure if the reflex interface cord works with a hitec eclipse 7, i had seen it somewhere saying it didnt work , however i know it works with my hitec optic 6 and basically the cable for it is the futaba/hitec round.

try posting q uestions about reflex in the flight sim section on the forum see what someone says about being able to use a generic or other type of radio to pc usb devices,

I'm pretty sure they will tell you that you must have reflex's device and no other will work.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:47 AM
rbiasi

casipak,
Find a LHS that carries Reflex and ask them if it works with a Hitec. They should be able to tell you.

scotty,
Dymond is in San Diego at 3904 Convoy Street. It's a bit of a haul from Santa Barbara. About 3.5 hours in the middle of the night with no traffic. It can be 5 or 6 hours with weekend traffic. 5 south between LA and SD is a parking lot on weekends from all of the people trying to flee LA. You can order from them. The link is posted a few times in this thread. I'd just hang out in SB. It's one of my favorite places. Was supposed to be up there racing outrigger canoes this weekend, but I hurt my shoulder.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:42 AM
casipak

Well, the thing is, there are no rc stores out here. I knew of one store and it carried plastic models. It closed down. There are two more about 17 miles from me and they too carry plastic models and trains. The only store that said they carry helis is about 6 miles from me but they only had like one helicopter but I'll pay them a visit.

A while ago, I found an rc store online and they had planes, helis, and cars. I thought they might be able to help me with my previous heli. It turned out to be a pet store that had 3 or 4 planes stacked up on top of parrot cages and obviously the salespeople knew nothing about rc stuff.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:07 PM
casipak

paedbo,
I downloaded that sim but it's an msi file? I've never heard of it and windows can't find a program for it.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:40 PM
batfalcon

ORIGINAL: scottyfusion

i..... and most importent how will i hide it all from my wife????
Don't. Just tell her that they were given to you to write down a test for an R/C magazine
Old 05-21-2005, 12:52 PM
batfalcon

ORIGINAL: rbiasi

Michael,
Here is the link, http://www.rc-dymond.com/order_batteries_lipol.htm, the 2000mah is pretty heavy ~150g. ...
As I see it they don't ship overseas and they only accept credit card payments. [][]. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:04 PM
paedbo

cas msi's install just like exe's do on my windows machine i run across them once in awhile i just click on it and it starts to install.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:00 PM
casipak

I downloaded it again and it works. But I think it only work with a radio or game pad so I can't tell if it's a good sim. I'll check it again.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:09 PM
paedbo

now that one i know will work with the usb adapter you were asking about before, it says so on their page, you can use reflex scenery files with that sim so i downloaded a bunch, its alright, its no reflex sim! but i like it better than fms.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:06 AM
casipak

paedbo, how are your dymond batteries? I'm not sure yet, but I'm afraid mine is getting a tiny bit warm although I'm not sure. If it is, I don't know why because I have the battery monitor and I contructed a charging device that tells me how much Mah the battery is taking in during the charging period and how many volts it has. By the way, on my charger, I can select the charging speed between 250, 500, and 1000 Mah. Whenever I switch the speed, it either stays 100 Mah on my Mah meter or suddenly goes up to 300 Mah without me changing anything.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:23 AM
casipak

Check out this website:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...o.x=21&Go.y=34

They got all kinds of usb adapters
Old 05-22-2005, 09:53 AM
scottyfusion

ORIGINAL: batfalcon

ORIGINAL: scottyfusion

i..... and most importent how will i hide it all from my wife????
Don't. Just tell her that they were given to you to write down a test for an R/C magazine
wow you must have some gulable women in greece!! my wife would never buy that!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.