Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Royal Kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 09:27 PM
hugho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal Kits

Yeah, RiddLE 4u,

You got a sharp eye. It probably does look that way. It hasn't been glued together yet. It should be better after I paint it and glue the parts together.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:50 PM
mintie

I have posted a few pics of my Zero here some time ago.Have been at the build off and on for 21 years and I test flew it yesterday...wow what can I say but an awesome plane to fly.
Here are a few stills taken out of the videos my mate did for me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61024.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1612654   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66580.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1612655   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90722.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1612656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys49689.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1612657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uf51192.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1612658  
Old 05-22-2011, 09:26 AM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice plane, I'd like to see the video of it flying.
maybe you guys could put it on youtube
Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 AM
mintie

yes a video will get posted..I do mine through vimeo so will put up a link for all to see.
Still got the smile on the dial from the test flights .still cant believe how nice the plane flys.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Riddle4U

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pictures! What did your Zero weigh (if you know)? Mine, at the head of this thread has a bit of a warp, so I haven't decided on ever flying it. I do think the Zero looks to be one of the best flying Royal designs. Your pictures and other video links posted here seam to bear that fact out. Congratulations, and nice job! - Eric
Old 05-23-2011, 09:23 PM
mintie

Hello Eric....My Zero comes out at 10.5lbs ready to fly..Power is a Super tiger 61 with a custom built exhaust system that I made so as to fit into the cowl.
I also have engine baffles to help with coolling and they seem to work fine so far.
This power set up provides hugh power and speed..I was very surprised at the top end speed of my Zero.
Have had a bit of a read through your postings ,what is the problem with your Zero.?
Mine had a hugh wing twist from building and sitting for so long. I even had all the plane glass skinned,but kept putting it off because every time I looked at it the twist just would not go away.
One day I was taking a twist out of a full size A/c wing at work and suddenly though why dont I do this to my Zero.
So a bit of head scratching and built up a wing jig and cut the bad wing open and set to work.
Over period of 3 months reskinned and glassed and I am really glad I went ahead and did this.
If this is your problem I can show you how I went about this...Unfortunately I dont have any pics.
Mine has Spring air retracks and robart oleos and wheels.
It is a realy awesome machine and looking forward to getting out again. cheers Graeme
Old 05-23-2011, 09:40 PM
fabfal

Hello to everybody.
I have a question to be submitted to all. You remember certainly my Cessna Citation.Well, after my maiden flight with a crash and some damages already repaired since 2 months, I'm still waiting for the shipment of the canopy by Vince Larsen ( he has two web sites one is rc-royal.com and the second is a shop on e-bay called u.s. wing). At the moment nothing arrived ( First I ordered on rc-royal.com with no shipment , two weeks ago i reordered on e-bay but with the same result!). Can anybody suggest me where to find a canopy for this model, or accidentally has one of them? I cannot fly the model again with no canopy and it's a real pity.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Riddle4U

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fabfal, I don't know the whole story with U.S. Wing. I don't know who he is or where. I have heard good and bad. It is best when you don't here any bad! I hope someone will come to your rescue, since you have added to the "bad" side on this seller's ledger. I hope you try to resolve it there first, and if that can't happen then give a devistating revue on Ebay (it used to be that you could post commentary for others, now it is only a vague rating system). I have not had bad luck with Ebay yet (crossing fingers).

Mintie, maybe send me an e-mail on your wing fix... I don't want to bore everyone else. My warp is not huge, but I am a perfectionist. It is beyond just a warp that an obsessive perfectionist can see, but not so much that average people could ever see without me carefully lining their eyes up on it from front and back. It might be a 1/4 inch out of wack at one trailing edge (closer to fuselage) than the other wing. The plane is already glassed, and as you can see in pics I've posted...it has hours of rivet detail. Not much chance that I'll do any surgery to the wing at all. The warp was actually pretty bad before I glassed it, and I jigged and clamped it down while the glass cured. Solved 2/3 of the problem. I just don't know if I want to risk flying it if it is going to go into a snap/spin at the wrong time (usually on approach to land at lower speed). I guess I don't know what constitutes an unsafe amount of imperfection in straightness. Anyone have a story? -Regards, Eric
Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 PM
fabfal

Thanks.
I must say that it's the first time that this happens to me on e-bay. I think it's a problem of shipping. Vince used a way that is cheap ( for him) but not trackable ( for me).And even if I suggested to change the way to send, he did not listen to me. In the past I have been more lucky and even with a large amount of time I received the plans and the canopy.Hope it is only a question of time!!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 PM
fabfal

reading your report I have remembered my BF109 E Marutaka modified with retracts ( following the original drawings of the real aircraft)! It has been my first Marutaka ( It happened 20 years ago!). I realized that the wing was not correct at the end of painting!!. I was obliged to remake completely it. At the maiden flight I decided to let drive it to a friend of mine ( very expert). He was unable to drive it ( a terrible twist) and tried to land but the plane stalled at about 4 meters height and crashed.
It remained in my hangar for 20 years!
I do not know if to risk a flight ! I'm still afraid of flying my cessna citation after the first maiden with the twist that let it crash at the landing!! I checked everything with no result ( everything seems to be right). The problem is greater when the plane is with low wing (as the zero or BF109 or Cessna) because a small warp can transform the model in an undrivable object!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 PM
mintie

Riddle4U Pm on the way cheers Mintie
Old 05-24-2011, 07:49 AM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: fabfal two weeks ago i reordered on e-bay but with the same result!
More than two weeks USPS Priority International is not unusual. I sent a package to Finland several and it took about 3 weeks. You said you asked for other shipping, but I'm sure he's not a big company that has UPS stop by to pick up packages. To ship special for you to have tracking would probably mean special packaging (not a post office provided priority mail box) and a special trip to the UPS store. So your $15 canopy could easily mean more than an extra hour of time. I'm just saying, you gotta see things from his point of view. I've dealt with him a number of times and he's been fine, fixed the one issue I had immediately and even gave me the item for free.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:07 AM
fabfal

I have noting to say to Vince. The problem is that it took always more than one month to arrive to italy. On the other side, I ordered a strut robart by esprit model . They posted 9 may and one week later it was in my hand and I traced it along all the trip. ( express air mail).Vince posted my canopy 9 may with priority mail intl ( code LJ) . I haven't yet received and I cannot track it outside the States. ( I recommended to him to use a trackable way!!!!). That's the problem!!!!! The price was the same!!!!! ( 15 $ us wing 15 $ esprit model) and the packages the same!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:17 PM
I-fly-any-and-all

fabfal let me try to help you.
check your private messages.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Darren40
My Feedback: (2)

I've bought a couple things from uswing on eBay and every order arrived as ordered. It takes about 3 weeks typically to ship from a US address to a Canadian address because of customs. I believe your wait would be at least as long. I wouldn't get too worried.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:40 PM
mintie

video of the Zero test flights.

My mate took lots of little bits and joined to make this .....http://vimeo.com/24500477

what do you think. cheers Mintie
Old 05-31-2011, 11:28 PM
fabfal

mintie
it's amazing!! But I can't hear the "audio". And that only in the last video...not in the previous ones!! Maybe some download problems.....or something in my PC!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 PM
mintie

fabfal ... yes we do have a problem with some of the videos that my cameraman did.
He has not found the problem yet ,but with a few of his videos the sound doesnt go onto the disc.
Unfortunately this was one of them.
The sound of the aircraft is very close to the sound of a Harvard /AT 6 texan..very cool.... Will have another go some time in the future and see if we can do better.
Thanks for looking cheers Mintie
Old 06-03-2011, 08:58 AM
maddingo

Hey guys,
Im wondering if any one has digital copies of the ROYAL P-38 avail. Also, Im thinking of having someone cut out wings in foam. ANy issues with that. Also, I could get plans on flee bay but no instructions.

If someone has a P-38 already built Im willing to buy.

Great thread guys.

Peace.

Dave
Old 06-05-2011, 11:13 AM
CaptainBlueSky

Hi mitchelpilot,

apparently, you did not get much information about your trainer.
I have a 'New Bluecraft' from Marutaka which is a .29-.40 size trainer.
See my post nr 42 www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9401552/mpage_2/key_/tm.htm

You could always build such a wing ( 1400 mm wing span ) and choose a suitable chord for your fuse. If you want to train yourself before flying one of Royal/Marutaka models you can't go wrong using a NACA 2415 ending with NACA 2412.
You may also consider Including 2° washout at your wingtips.
Small dihedral if you want an intemediate trainer, a bit larger dihedral if you want a very stable beginner's trainer.

Happy Landings,

ORIGINAL: mitchellpilot

Captain Blue Sky: I am trying to locate plans for a Royal 40t wing, or at least get the dimensions: Wing span and chord. Can anyone help me?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:56 PM
I-fly-any-and-all

u.s. wing on ebay has the building instructions go to ebay.com not ebay.ca
Old 06-08-2011, 11:41 AM
mitchellpilot

Captain Blue Sky: Thank you for your message and suggestions. AeroRich sent me some pictures of his Royal trainer, and measured the chord of his wing. It is 10.75". I think what I am going to do is scale the plans for the wing of my Goldberg Eagle 2 to give me a chord of 10.75" and build that as the wing for the Royal trainer. Thanks again.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:18 PM
I-fly-any-and-all

for everyone here the guy on rcsalebuilder.com finished and flew his royal b-17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKgPPQQl-4
to read his build you need a free account and also if you want to find the build do not lose this link:
http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...PN=19&get=last
Old 06-16-2011, 11:43 AM
scale dail
My Feedback: (8)

I just got a Royal B-17 ready to fly. I'll try it a few times the way it is now, but it needs a lot of help and a major refit. It has 4-OS .40LA engines with tuned pipes and weighs 15.5 pounds. No flaps or retracts. Extremly over powered and way to heavy. But it has been built well and mostly sanded and carved correctly. Target weight is 11-12 pounds. When I get some more money I'll get 4 OS .15 CV's for it. That will save 2 pounds alone. It has made its last loops and rolls and pylon turns. Scale flight only now. Well maybe one roll when no one is looking! I'll post a pic later.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:09 PM
I-fly-any-and-all

woa sweet four os .40's!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.