Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

ORIGINAL: Super Kupfer

They should come up with a cheaper package of NO radio or battery gear, It does say Expert Only and most already have all these things.
Quoted for truth.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mspeed

Yakfish is right about the cush drive, its something on paper i see is a great idea for the future electric highpowered stuff. Problem is ...does it work well.. and traxxas has a patent on it o well.
I don't see any reason why it won't work. it really isn't a new concept. It is new by RC standards, but real boats have been using this same idea on props for decades. I had an old bass boat from the 70's that had a rubber shock inside the prop. and new ones have the same thing. this is used to protect the drive train from shocks like hitting rocks at full throttle.

As far as traxxas owning the patent on it... it would be easay to get around that by just changing something minor like the rubber matterial used orsomething along those lines. Give it a couple years and every RC company will be using it on their spurs instead of slippers!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
87MagnumII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been following this thread since traxxas posted the big spinning x on their website. As you can tell by number of posts that Im pretty new to the site and to rc in general. I'm learning quickly and having a blast but there are a few things I'm sick of just from reading this thread.

I'm tired of the haters stereotyping traxxas owners as stupid Neanderthals that know nothing. Pretty much comparing us to primates. Not everbody has a want or need for a top notch racer. I have two slash4x4's, a spartan, two xl5 rustlers for my kids and a Losi mini 8 buggy. I understand that these are not the most sophisticated platforms and I really don't care. We have fun as a FAMILY and that is what matters the most in my opinion. My slash 4x4 is setup pretty good and I'm doing well with it on 1/8 buggy track, not as nimble as a team associated truck, but it still holds its own. I wish that some people could remember back when they started that they didn't have the best of the best either but I bet it still put a smile on their face.

The other thing is all trash about apple and their customers. I've read comments on here that almost insinuate that just because you have an iPhone means that you are a total ass wipe, which is totally not true. I carry one and so do a lot of people for more reasons than listening to music and and playing games. It's actually got this really great feature called email, as do most phones but it is much easier to use than a black berry or android in my opinion. The gps is killer, the battery life is good, the camera is fair but better than a lot of other phones, and it doubles as a hot spot for other devices to connect to the internet. It is not quite as open to 3rd party as other phones but it is also a very stable platform that is virtually virus free. All of these features suite a variety of needs for all kinds of people not just us dumb traxxas owning techies.

The car itself is very cool but I have little interest in on road but I do think the new radio is very neat and plan on getting one for all of my other trucks. Yes it is convenient for me because I do have an iPhone and I can understand that some are frustrated by the fact that it is apple only. On the other hand look at the innovation here, do you think other manufacturers are just gonna sweep this under the rug? I'd say not. Traxxas took a big step with this thing and the others are soon to follow I'm sure.

I also believe that if someone is willing to shell out $1100 for this car another $100 for a used iPod touch should be no big deal. This is the first step in the right direction and it's only going to get better from here. Soon enuff there will be something for everyone.

So please the next time you feel the need to bash a traxxas owner or an iPhone owner, keep it to yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. There are other forums on the Internet that don't have near the trash talk that this one does and as much as I hate to say it I will probably start to frequent those more so than this one because I won't have to sift thru the trash to find useful information. Not saying there isn't useful info on RCU but there is a lot more static to filter out to find it

Im sorry if I offend anyone but this is supposed to be a fun sport and I don't feel like I should be degraded because of my brand of choice. If I had they money I'd own one of everything but that is not the case so for the time being I will stick with what I have and continue to have fun with it
Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 PM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

I really like the looks and layout of this car, the bad part about that is I probably wouldnt drive it because there isnt a spot where I live that I could run it, and I wouldnt want an $1100 shelf queen.

The "Ionly" option is something that doesnt sit right with me, I really not fond of their products.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:37 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: 87MagnumII

I've been following this thread since traxxas posted the big spinning x on their website. As you can tell by number of posts that Im pretty new to the site and to rc in general. I'm learning quickly and having a blast but there are a few things I'm sick of just from reading this thread.

I'm tired of the haters stereotyping traxxas owners as stupid Neanderthals that know nothing. Pretty much comparing us to primates. Not everbody has a want or need for a top notch racer. I have two slash4x4's, a spartan, two xl5 rustlers for my kids and a Losi mini 8 buggy. I understand that these are not the most sophisticated platforms and I really don't care. We have fun as a FAMILY and that is what matters the most in my opinion. My slash 4x4 is setup pretty good and I'm doing well with it on 1/8 buggy track, not as nimble as a team associated truck, but it still holds its own. I wish that some people could remember back when they started that they didn't have the best of the best either but I bet it still put a smile on their face.

The other thing is all trash about apple and their customers. I've read comments on here that almost insinuate that just because you have an iPhone means that you are a total ass wipe, which is totally not true. I carry one and so do a lot of people for more reasons than listening to music and and playing games. It's actually got this really great feature called email, as do most phones but it is much easier to use than a black berry or android in my opinion. The gps is killer, the battery life is good, the camera is fair but better than a lot of other phones, and it doubles as a hot spot for other devices to connect to the internet. It is not quite as open to 3rd party as other phones but it is also a very stable platform that is virtually virus free. All of these features suite a variety of needs for all kinds of people not just us dumb traxxas owning techies.

The car itself is very cool but I have little interest in on road but I do think the new radio is very neat and plan on getting one for all of my other trucks. Yes it is convenient for me because I do have an iPhone and I can understand that some are frustrated by the fact that it is apple only. On the other hand look at the innovation here, do you think other manufacturers are just gonna sweep this under the rug? I'd say not. Traxxas took a big step with this thing and the others are soon to follow I'm sure.

I also believe that if someone is willing to shell out $1100 for this car another $100 for a used iPod touch should be no big deal. This is the first step in the right direction and it's only going to get better from here. Soon enuff there will be something for everyone.

So please the next time you feel the need to bash a traxxas owner or an iPhone owner, keep it to yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. There are other forums on the Internet that don't have near the trash talk that this one does and as much as I hate to say it I will probably start to frequent those more so than this one because I won't have to sift thru the trash to find useful information. Not saying there isn't useful info on RCU but there is a lot more static to filter out to find it

Im sorry if I offend anyone but this is supposed to be a fun sport and I don't feel like I should be degraded because of my brand of choice. If I had they money I'd own one of everything but that is not the case so for the time being I will stick with what I have and continue to have fun with it
A lot of the traxxas owner bashing is based off how people on the traxxas forums react, and how some owners think traxxas's are the greatest RC's ever made that never owned anything else, and never seen anything else drive. But say there is something better they get irate, and go off the wall(seriously I've seen some real nut ball die hard traxxas fans). Same goes for the iPhone I've seen so many people defend the iPhone like it was their purpose in life on this planet. Those are the ones most people refer to when they make jokes. I've seen those types on other forums too so its not a RCU exclusive.

Personally I would never pay a penny for an apple device cause I do not want to have to pay a premium to be forced to download that bloated piece of crap itunes, and install it on my PC. I have an old iPod I was given for free installed itunes to put stuff on it, and the PC I installed it on got so slow afterwards(only thing that was installed prior to the slowdown) even after an uninstall apple still had some of their junk in the OS so I reformatted to get rid of it all (was easier than removing their garbage).
So if we want this car people who feel like I do about apple products (I know a few people) will be forced to go spend money on a product we don't want, and install a POS program to install the app that is needed.

I'll be honest I like to take jabs at traxxas, but in all honesty requiring a newer iPhone to be able to do what it states on the box is quite ridiculous. Also what happens when apple decides to move the dock connector on the iPhone, and iPod touch? It has happened in the past, and will probably happen again in the future. Also most people that take jabs also have owned, or currently own 1 or more traxxas RC (except foxy he didn't pay the traxxas jab right tax [&:])

About the trash talk if you notice its usually between people who been posting here for a good time, and done in light most of the times. When new people have questions most of the time we will answer them without the screwing around (there have been a few instances of certain members flipping out). Lets face it if we kept the topics purely nice only I doubt many people would keep posting. Sure a lot of new people would post but after awhile they would get board, and leave.

Will say traxxas made one really nice looking RC I doubt many will argue that.

Last thing I didn't think of it till someone mentioned it saying this is for experts, but only selling it RTR is kinds goofy. Most experts will own their own lipos, and their own radio so they could easily knock a bit of the price off. And *** is up with tower now its listed at $1149 where it was $1199 earlier, and $1099 yesterday. Prices are fluctuating more than the stock market it seems they can't make up their mind one way or another.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:03 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Really!
so as it looks like your limited posts in this thread you start off by ripping into people who know alot about RC??
help me out with that one... [:-]
what upsets me is the fan boys who rip not on a product or service or even to stay on topic of the thread in general, but on PEOPLE who are posting comments!!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:06 PM
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: 378

Not to mention android wouldn't have worked, how many android phones are out there?? how many shapes and sizes are there?? it would have bin IMPOSSIBLE to make a radio with a tray to hold them all, where as apple took a standard size approach.
And I suppose the batteries used by RCs are perfectly standardized in size and shape, right?

I don't buy that as an excuse. Electric RCs have had to have battery trays supporting many shape/size batteries for decades. There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to not make a phone tray that can accept phones of differing shapes as well, except Apple money.
Correct, and whats the standard in rc battery tray's to size packs into a tray?? Add some foam if the pack is smaller than the tray??? Tighten the velcro strap harder to hold the pack in place??? all fine and dandy FOR A BATTERY. Would you like your android phone held in place with some foam squares??? How about some velcro straps holding it in place??? oh wait how would you see the screen???...... In order for it to WORK with android they'd have to have a specific bracket dedicated to EACH PHONE so the screen is clear and visible NOT TO MENTION TIGHT ON THE RADIO. The production costs to make brackets for each phone would be impractical period.
Wouldn't bother me in the least. My phone's not fragile as hell, and honestly if you're sitting there staring at your phone on the bottom of the radio instead of paying attention to eight pounds of metal and plastic hurtling past at triple digit speeds you don't have any business owning anything more complex than a coloring book. Also, unless you swing the transmitter around like it's a paddle, it doesn't have to be all that tight. Hell it can be in a loose box. Android phones aren't made of pixie dust and graham crackers, they're tough as nails, they can handle rattling around in a slightly oversized tray.

I really don't get why you need a tray for every device out there. You don't. There is no reason to be looking at your phone while piloting a 30MPH car, let alone one that can break the speed limit on the interstate so severely it would get you arrested in a full scale. There is no valid reason, if you need to look at the phone stop the bloody car first.

You know, just like you would in the real thing, and for the same reason. This RC is just as deadly to bystanders as any full-size car, perhaps even moreso due to it's size, quietness and the fact that nobody's going to be expecting an RC to hit them, and if you can't focus on it you shouldn't be driving it. Put the -beep-ing phone down while the car's rolling.

Oh, and using the same foam blocks used for batteries would work just fine, just putting that out there.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Mspeed

Maybe traxxas wil get blamed for starting the first rc world war lol

lol
Old 12-01-2011, 05:26 PM
srt10

and like others have said, it would be hard to pilot this car while watching your I-Phone [:-]
never really thought of that one!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:14 PM
87MagnumII

ORIGINAL: srt10

Really!
so as it looks like your limited posts in this thread you start off by ripping into people who know alot about RC??
help me out with that one... [:-]
what upsets me is the fan boys who rip not on a product or service or even to stay on topic of the thread in general, but on PEOPLE who are posting comments!!
Never said I was ripping anybody, I just sick of all the traxxas hate. I'm not an apple or traxxas fan boy by any means, and I know that some folks are way over the top about apple, traxxas, Chevy, ford, etc, but you will find that in all aspects of life but it does get discouraging to hear people refer to others that own these products as incompetent. I'm not saying its everybody and I know it is on other sites and most of it is for fun but after a while it does get old. There was a post earlier in this thread about the "typical traxxas owner". Can somebody please define that for me? Do us traxxas owners walk around with a stamp on our fore head that separates us from the rest of the rc world? Are we riddled with disease and filth making us not worthy? I understand that most folks get their start with traxxas and that's fine but Ive also seen guys start with other brands and they don't know there ass from a hole in the ground either so it goes both ways. I enjoy reading on here and soaking up the knowledge from the GUYS THAT DO KNOW A LOT ABOUT RC, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and listen to people beat up on folks for what they drive or what phone is in their pocket. That's just ridiculous. Keep in my this just my opinion, and we all know that every body is entitled to their own. Im not trying to start a war, just asking for the more experienced guys to respect the new guys like you expect the new guys to respect you.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
87MagnumII

To bring this back to the topic I just had an idea. I know some people are really liking the car but aren't liking the price. I know selling the unwanted items such as batteries and what not on eBay is always an option but can be a pain in the butt to deal with sometimes.

Sometimes when my friends and I are buying a new model at the local hobby shop we will work out a deal with owner on price by not taking some of the included items in the kit since we already have our own batteries and what not.

For example

Say you walk into the lhs to buy this car but dont want the batteries and radio system. A lot of times for good customers our local shop owner will keep the batteries and radio from the car and deduct their selling price off of the price of the car to help make it more affordable for us and to help keep from ending up with stuff we dont need. Then he either returns it, or puts it on the shelf for sale.

So if you are thinking about this car maybe work a deal with lhs owner about letting you unlock the 100mph with the stock radio while still in the store then pull the radio and batteries out and install your batteries and radio of choice. It will help you save a few hundred bucks up front and save you from the time, effort, and money spent selling on eBay. I don't know how every shop is but I know our guy will help us out in situations like this from time to time.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:01 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to mention android wouldn't have worked, how many android phones are out there?? how many shapes and sizes are there?? it would have bin IMPOSSIBLE to make a radio with a tray to hold them all, where as apple took a standard size approach.
And I suppose the batteries used by RCs are perfectly standardized in size and shape, right?

I don't buy that as an excuse. Electric RCs have had to have battery trays supporting many shape/size batteries for decades. There is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to not make a phone tray that can accept phones of differing shapes as well, except Apple money.
Correct, and whats the standard in rc battery tray's to size packs into a tray?? Add some foam if the pack is smaller than the tray??? Tighten the velcro strap harder to hold the pack in place??? all fine and dandy FOR A BATTERY. Would you like your android phone held in place with some foam squares??? How about some velcro straps holding it in place??? oh wait how would you see the screen???...... In order for it to WORK with android they'd have to have a specific bracket dedicated to EACH PHONE so the screen is clear and visible NOT TO MENTION TIGHT ON THE RADIO. The production costs to make brackets for each phone would be impractical period.
Wouldn't bother me in the least. My phone's not fragile as hell, and honestly if you're sitting there staring at your phone on the bottom of the radio instead of paying attention to eight pounds of metal and plastic hurtling past at triple digit speeds you don't have any business owning anything more complex than a coloring book. Also, unless you swing the transmitter around like it's a paddle, it doesn't have to be all that tight. Hell it can be in a loose box. Android phones aren't made of pixie dust and graham crackers, they're tough as nails, they can handle rattling around in a slightly oversized tray.

I really don't get why you need a tray for every device out there. You don't. There is no reason to be looking at your phone while piloting a 30MPH car, let alone one that can break the speed limit on the interstate so severely it would get you arrested in a full scale. There is no valid reason, if you need to look at the phone stop the bloody car first.

You know, just like you would in the real thing, and for the same reason. This RC is just as deadly to bystanders as any full-size car, perhaps even moreso due to it's size, quietness and the fact that nobody's going to be expecting an RC to hit them, and if you can't focus on it you shouldn't be driving it. Put the -beep-ing phone down while the car's rolling.

Oh, and using the same foam blocks used for batteries would work just fine, just putting that out there.
Seriously??? First off sure you don't mind you phone held in place with Velcro straps and square foams but i can assure you ur one of few people who feel that way..... when was the last time you stepped into someones car and that had a universal docking tray and was held in place with straps and foam squares??? IT DOESN'T HAPPEN everyone buys a specific tray to there specific phone for that factory look and feel. This radio is no different from that plain and simple. Second your argument that Android phones aren't made from pixie dust and graham crackers.........of course there not BECAUSE ANDROID DOES NOT MAKE PHONES, they make software for phones made by other companies. Mind you just because i own a iphone doesn't mean im a fanatic. There's alot of phones made by samsung, lg, and more that are EXCELLENT for example the EVO is tremendous phone, all the droid models have had excellent success and are great phones all based on the android software BUT GUESS WHAT NOT ALL PHONES ARE BUILT THE SAME dimensions between android phones varies from company to company, plug locations varies from company to company and last but most important, internally some android phones are fantastic and some android phones are crap, my brother had one of the low grade android phones made by lord knows who that would freeze all day long and lagged like hell. With all the different grades of android phones it would be impractical to use them PERIOD. Last but not least who sayed anything about looking down at the radio while driving???? Yes the car giving you speed readings live but who the hell would actually look down??? Hence why the MAIN POINT in this app is data logging. The fact i can check my run after making a run and see the voltage drop, make sure the motor isn't on fire between runs, and be able to adjust the punch control on the fly to compensate for street conditions, plus the tons of other futures included......dude its a huge step forward in RC period.

If you can't see progress in the making then that is too bad for you. Open your eyes guy this opens the gates to other companies to follow suit in advancing there radios as well, for all you know next month JR might release a radio that works with android, and futaba with one that works with iphone or vica verca the point is traxxas had to choose ONE PHONE ONE MP3 player to make the first step and they choose the one with the highest % in the market.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
9five9

I just want the motor and speed control..... That'll turn any old rc into a rowdy good time!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: Super Kupfer

They should come up with a cheaper package of NO radio or battery gear, It does say Expert Only and most already have all these things.
Quoted for truth.
i feel the same here!
its clear they have made a purpose built speed machine, and thats a 1st really for any RC company.
the chassis is awsome and the body beautiful.
but the price will keep it OUT of the hands of many.
I know traxxas focus is on RTR, but a Kit form of this car would be a much better seller.

But then, maybe traxxas doesnt want everyone to own this model. they want it to be a bit exclusive.

I guess i just wish they would put as much work and design into a model that would be for the majority of us.

Its clear that traxxas has the ability to do pretty much whatever they want in terms of what they sell.....so i think its about time they think about Kits!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:40 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

So many people hung up on the price. Add two 3S/5000 Traxxas LiPos to an ERBE and you're still not far off. Come on, people, ThunderbirdJunkie easily has $1,100 in one of his race cars. If you're going to whine about $1,100 then guess what?

THIS CAR IS NOT FOR YOU AND NEITHER IS TRIPLE DIGIT RC SPEED.

Nobody cares how it handles. It is not a race car, and it has adjustable roll centers, toe, camber, and a lot of other crap if you buy one and don't like how it handles. There are other tires out there. GET OVER IT.

Going to venture quite off topic here.

I'm tired of the haters stereotyping traxxas owners as stupid Neanderthals that know nothing.
While ThunderbirdJunkie is inclined to agree with you, he must share an anecdote that...
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

A lot of the traxxas owner bashing is based off how people on the traxxas forums react, and how some owners think traxxas's are the greatest RC's ever made that never owned anything else, and never seen anything else drive. But say there is something better they get irate, and go off the wall(seriously I've seen some real nut ball die hard traxxas fans). Same goes for the iPhone I've seen so many people defend the iPhone like it was their purpose in life on this planet. Those are the ones most people refer to when they make jokes. I've seen those types on other forums too so its not a RCU exclusive.
...has reminded him to tell.

Back in early 2006, the Revo was still a reasonably fresh platform, ThunderbirdJunkie had just gotten his first generation Savage X, and was out bombing around with it at a construction site.
A group of friendly guys in a pickup stopped and asked "Is that a T-maxx or a Revo?"
"Neither, it's a Savage"
"A what?"
"A Savage"
"Is that one of those T-maxx copies guys buy off the Snap On truck?"
"No, it was HPI's answer to the T-maxx when it came out"
"Oh, cool. We're gonna go bashin, you wanna go?"
"Sure, where?"
ThunderbirdJunkie found out where, and arrived a couple hours later with his field gear. Not worrying about anything, he did a quick radio check to make sure nobody was on his frequency, found there was none, and fired up his no-longer-shiny new truck.

The guys were attacking a 3' tall ramp with some serious kickup with the opposite of verve, getting maybe 5 or 6 feet of air, and never hitting the ramp in 2nd gear. One guy had a 100% aluminum T-maxx (all Integy, of course), and 2 Revo 2.5s, 1 T-maxx 2.5 and one Pro .15 T-maxx were buzzing around, lazily slobbing off the ramp, and usually taking a pretty poor landing.

"Sup buddy, what color ya on?"
"What color?" ThunderbirdJunkie asked.
"Yeah, the chip thing in your radio, what color"
"Oh, this radio's on 75mhz FM, if you guys are running the stock stuff there won't be a problem"
"FM?"
"Yeah, different modulation."
"Huh?"
"Nevermind, don't worry about it."

Long story short, ThunderbirdJunkie hammered his Savage with reckless abandon and broke nothing, but these guys were still convinced that it was junk because the radio in his hand was not a Traxxas radio, and the truck was not made by Traxxas, and the "motor was too big", etc etc...and they truly did know nothing. Especially the guy who claimed his all-aluminum truck was tougher than the Savage AFTER said Savage landed on top of it and bent a shock tower and a body mount.

These are the sorts of guys that go into a hobby shop and say "Uh, I need a wheel thing that goes on my transmission for my truck"
"What kinda truck?"
"A Traxxas"
"What Traxxas?"
"The monster truck"

You get the idea.

While Traxxas' trucks aren't inherently bad themselves, Traxxas markets their product to the lowest common denominator (ones that generally have no clue that places like RCU exist), the XO-1 included (don't be fooled by the "Experts Only" thing, they don't care who buys it), and when you run into some guy that sees you blasting up and down the street playing with gear ratios with your B4 race rig and he starts chatting you up, mentioning he's an RC guy too, and "Oh cool, I didn't know they made other bodies for the Bandit", then you try to explain to him it's NOT a Bandit, and he asks if it's "one o them Bandit knockoffs like a lows-eye", you'll understand.

This is why many serious hobbyists dismiss Traxxas fans as mouth-breathing morons.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I always enjoy reading your posts thunderbirdJunkie.

ill follow that.

raced some kids in a parking lot. they had a revo 3.3

i had a brushed rustler. i knew i would lose, but it was just for fun(i had a vxl rustler coming in just a few days!!!)

but i won the race! my rustler with a 15t speed gems motor and 6cell beat a revo 3.3?

read on:

i asked the kids(10-14 years old) how they had tuned it. "tuned it" they asked.

where did you get it from i said...."dad bought it for me" (dad was sitting by his truck)

so basically i have them run the truck up and down the lot a couple of times.....then pull out my screw driver and make a 1/2 turn adjustment to the high speed and tellem to try it again. NOW you here that baby hit second gear and jump another 15mph in top speed.

so, these kids got the truck used, dad didnt really know who they worked, and the kids really only new how to start it.

they liked the truck, but loved it after i got done tuning it for them. they had no idea it had a second gear, or that it could pop a wheelie!

I also once met some kids trying to put a striaght pipe on a tmaxx, to make it louder. just a piece of pipe really. but it had no where for the vacume line to go. i left them to it, and let them figure out for themselves that it couldnt start like that.

also met some kids with a nice emaxx, who had ruined it by locking BOTH the front and rear diffs. talk about a poor handling MT!

But then, I made my fair share of mistakes when i 1st started.....and I 1st started with traxxas, and continue to run traxxas(as well as many other brands) today.

the diversity in the brands is part of the FUN. No 1 maker will every have everything we want!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Car-Tune

I rather build a 99mph car than to buy a 100mph car.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:06 PM
srt10

anyone know the speed of this car without an I-phone??
Old 12-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

Idk my iPhone is pretty damn nice piece of hardware... Oh wait this is rc stuff
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie has heard 50 mph, but with a ThunderbirdJunkiePod, it will do 7,000mph.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:43 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Watched Jangs video he brought up a good point is the limiting system tied to the radio limiting the power without hooking up an iPhone, and just use your own radio? Or does it use some kind of custom firmware on the ESC to limit it unless the RX sends a specific command saying HEY I GOT AN IPHONE ON ME? If its not you could always sell the radio, and with the money you save not buying an iPod/phone you can buy a very nice radio with telemetry on its own screen
Old 12-02-2011, 06:50 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread has sure turned into an opinion argument.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Foxy

Opinions are like bumholes, everyone has one and they all stink except your own. Love that saying.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:52 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie has heard 50 mph, but with a ThunderbirdJunkiePod, it will do 7,000mph.
it may just be possible to pull the esc sell it on ebay for $150 and swap that for a HK $65 esc
pull the stock radio, sell that on ebay for 100 bucks and use your own radio and run 100mph
Old 12-02-2011, 09:17 AM
xON3MERCx

Question from someone who knows nothing about RC history. Why does Traxxas not have kits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.