Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

KMP Stuka-build details

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP Stuka-build details

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Infantry2114

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Stuka-build details

Hey Guy's I know most people are putting the DLE 30 on the Stuka, However I have a DLE 20 laying aroundwith nothing to put it in and a Stuka D. Do you guy's think should I try it or get DLE 30 for it?

Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Prekin
My Feedback: (19)

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

I chose DLE 30 because the airfield where I fly has bad grass surface, and I need power for the take-off. I don´t know, what power has DLE 20, but you can compare it with some 4stroke engines, which were used by some guys in this thread.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Firepower R/C
My Feedback: (10)

I have begun working seriously on my Stuka B, converting to an R-2. The R-2 as some of you know had additional hardpoints for bombs or droptanks on the outer wings. I have finished work on a bomb trapeze and a 250 kg bomb, and hope to fly before Summer. I was thinking about a Saito 125 or a DLE 20 for power. Anyone used something similar? I remember seeing the prototype for this model fly and fly well on a .91 four stroke... very scale, but could loop easily as well. Now while I won't be going the .91 route due to some extra weight I will carry, if the proto flew with a .91 I would think that mine will do ok with a Saito 125/DLE 20. Am I just crazy?

Here are a couple pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48513.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1748468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87985.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1748469  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:52 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be fine on a saito 125. I had a 150 in mine, but balance was off even after making it more nose heavy then manual and it rolled over and went mush on takeoff due to still being tail heavy.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Firepower R/C

Thanks for the input, Kahloq. I have since found videos of these Stukas flying well on 1.20's, and there even was a guy earlier in this thread with a Saito 1.00 that he said flew it fine. Sorry to hear of your crash... will you build another?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Prekin

I have it with the DLE 30, but I think that DLE is also good choice, last weekend I saw Stuka with RCGF 20 and it flies very nice. I prefer gas engines, so it is up to you, Saito is definitely better for hide it in the nose.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:31 AM
alanc

flew mine on a OS BX 108, oodles of power, but i could not stand the gooey mess, just finishing the re=engine with an RCGF20, i have cut a step into the bulkhead to accept a wrap around muffler, i expect it to be very good, but will report back, mine is a straight out the box build,
Old 04-09-2012, 01:44 AM
pc2209

Hey..haven't posted here for a while but you guys considering what motor to use in your Stukas might want to consider the PTE 36. The main advantage here is that the exhaust is in the rear which I think would make cowling the thing without cutting a big hole possible. I recently put one of these in a Stenson Reliant by ECONRC [Troy Built] which is a large airplane and the motor is working well so far. There wasn't a problem with cowling it in that craft but while I was working on it I kept thinking how I wished this PTE motor would have been available when I was building my Stuka 2 years ago.
I currently have an EVO 26 in my Stuka which flys it pretty good although I consider it a little on the low side power-wise. The PTE has SIGNIFICANTLY more power and the Stenson is difficult to get down because it has so much wing area that it actually flies at just above idle rpm. The PTE us a bigger motor than the EVO but it is not bigger than a DLE 30. Did I mention that this motor can be had for $300! If anyone is interested I will get the the Stuka cowling out and my PTE and measure things to try to give you an idea if the cowling would have to be cut to get the PTE in it or if the motor is too long.

One other thing I would like to say is "THANKS VERY MUCH FOR NOTHING TROY BUILT" who seems to be totally ineffective in getting their Chinese suppliers to provide any parts for this airplane. I damaged my canopy last summer and have been trying to find one without any luck ever since. After multiple promises from Troy Built to be getting them in on this crate or that one I still don't have one and the plane sits in my basement gathering dust otherwise undamaged except for this one thing. The canopy thing is not an isolated problem. The forums are full of guys like me *****ing about how flimsy the original canopy was and trying to get a new one. So you guys thinking about other ESM products maybe ought to think about the fact that Troy Built [or anyone else for that matter] doesn't have enough sway [or they don't care] to get their stupid Chinese builders to come up with a specific but I suspect often-damaged part. I also don't really understand why everything supposedly has to come in on a crate.....it would seem to me that this kind of thing could be shipped in some other fashion if that's what it takes to satisfy customers that are trying to get their plane fixed. After all....I personally order stuff from Hobby King..and thats in China isn't it? It's not like I'm not willing to pay some extra for shipping if "crates" are more economical for TroyBuilt

Old 04-09-2012, 01:57 AM
kahloq

Umm really? You cant find a replacement?

B version
http://www.vqwarbirds.com/product_in...5de355d99526f9

D version
Old 04-09-2012, 03:34 AM
pc2209

Ah Kahlog....for a guy that can't balance an airplane, knows it's off balance, flies it anyway, and crashes his, you're sounding a little like a smart ass. Do you honestly think that Troy built is the only place I ever looked? VQ has them on their web site but if you would have paid attention to the details [again, like balancing] you would have noticed that they are on backorder. Thus they have been for a year and I suspect considering the time span that means they really are not producing them. I think this forum is for helping each other out not for you to try to make others feel like they're not as smart as you and can't search the Internet.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:55 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

It also looks like ARFPros has the canopies in stock. Try there.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:02 AM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really pc2209?

I think he was attempting to help....with that attitude I doubt you'll get much here.

Best of luck pal...

Casey
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 AM
pc2209

Thanks for the suggestion Irocbsa. I probably should have included that I have the B model. The D model canopy is availale in places but the B model canopy is not anywhere that I can find. I have been on the phone several times with Troy Built [I bought it there] and all they can say is that they expect it on tne next container. I had already checked into the website you suggested but thanks for the effort.

As you you glazier, "Pal," had the other guy simply replied like Irocbsa and just made a suggestion I wouldn't have had a problem with it because there was no sarcasm. I'm straining not to be sarcastic with you, "Pal."
Old 04-09-2012, 07:16 AM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL

don't bust a vein over me pal.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:28 AM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still have the Molds and can get you a canopy if you want. It is clear and a 2 piece canopy. I am trying to get out of the canopy part but will do one occasionally if i have the molds...

Ty
Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Prekin

Hi irocbsa,
could you show me the nose of your Stuka, please? I would like to see how did you hide the silencer of the DLE 30.
Thanks
Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Hi Prekin, I have the plane apart right now so I can't snap any pics, but I think I can paint a verbal picture for you. I had a friend of mine weld up a custom wrap around muffler that is incredibly thin. This allows it to fit in the cowl. I think there might be some pictures in this thread of what it looks like if you search through it.

On that topic, I'm thinking of taking the DLE30 off to use on my Fw-190. If I do, I'm going to replace it with the PTE36. I'm very intrigued by the rear exhaust configuration.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Firepower R/C

Ty is trying to get out of the canopy part, and I am trying to get into it!!! I am finishing a B model canopy mold, and will make a D model one as soon as I get my hands on a good canopy! Mine will be one piece, but I think you can cut it if you want to make an opening canopy.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Prekin

If you have ESM FW-190, you can put your DLE 30 into FW. I read, that DLE 30 fits very good in this plane. But I think, that engine XYZ 26 is better choice, because it is smaller.
Maybe you know this thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6423301/tm.htm
Old 04-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Prekin

Firepower R/C, upload some pictures, I would like to see your job. I am working at cockpit for my D Stuka, I make it myself.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb87055.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1748682  
Old 04-09-2012, 11:19 AM
kahloq

ORIGINAL: pc2209

Ah Kahlog....for a guy that can't balance an airplane, knows it's off balance, flies it anyway, and crashes his, you're sounding a little like a smart ass. Do you honestly think that Troy built is the only place I ever looked? VQ has them on their web site but if you would have paid attention to the details [again, like balancing] you would have noticed that they are on backorder. Thus they have been for a year and I suspect considering the time span that means they really are not producing them. I think this forum is for helping each other out not for you to try to make others feel like they're not as smart as you and can't search the Internet.
Ok hold on a minute dude. Excuse me? Cant balance? Are you retarded? I specifically stated in this thread, I balanced the plane WELL ahead of the manuals CG listing and it still was tail heavy. I stated what CG was used and how much further ahead of the manual's listing it was so people on this thread would know it was STILL not far enough forward so that they DIDNT suffer a loss of their plane. So go stuff it already. I tried to help you, but you want to pretend to be all know it all and act stupid...forget you PAL!!!

Jesus, the rudeness of some people amazes me.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Firepower R/C

Good work Prekin... I will post some pics as soon as I can. I am working like crazy on the bomb drop stuff at the moment, but I am easing back into canopy production slowly but surely. It is a slow process, as my plugs take a few weeks to cure enough to use in my former, but the result is worth the wait. I just made a batch of P-47 canopies and 109 canopies, and am also working on the 190... I had to etch better detail into the mold. These should be available through VQ Warbirds once molds are complete.

Your cockpit looks good, keep up the good work! I may have to get one of Ty's great cockpits for mine... that stock instument panel on the Stuka has got to go!!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 11:30 AM
kahloq

VQ has them on their web site but if you would have paid attention to the details [again, like balancing] you would have noticed that they are on backorder.
Does NOT say on VQ's site that its backordered.

Not even adding it to your shopping cart will it tell you its backordered. So......pull your head out of your rear and stop talking smack cuz you just made a fool of yourself. No way anyone would know its backordered by looking at the website or adding it to cart. Which i did in an attempt to help your rude ass originally.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
pc2209

Ah Kahlog....Master of the Internet.......you might want to check the link you posted to VQ's website for the Stuka B canopy. When I "add to cart" it shows "backordered." This is exactly what it showed several months ago when I first checked it and it is exactly what it shows when I checked it on serveral occasions since then in my search for this canopy. Others on this forum can try this and I'll leave it up to them whose head is up whose ass.

In regards to the CG issue: I have taken the liberty of copy-pasting your previous post about your CG and the resulting crash you think was caused by it:

"It would be fine on a saito 125. I had a 150 in mine, but balance was off even after making it more nose heavy then manual and it rolled over and went mush on takeoff due to still being tail heavy."

I think I see the problem...you wrote "then" instead of than....that makes your post a little confusing. In any case, despite the fact that I have Down's Syndrome I have a useful suggestion on this CG thing. If you will go back in this forum a ways [like 2 years] you will see a lot of discussion about the CG. I lot of guys were complaining about the plane being tail heavy when they followed the manual on the CG because the plane would pitch up violently on take off. [thus stalling] I was worried about this myself but then someone posted something that probably explained why this was happening. He had had the same problem until he realized that his flaps and ailerons were not parallel with the wing chord in their neutral position. This is not all that easy to determine because of the shape of the wing and it is optically confusing if your just looking at the wing from above. So, based on that I made darn sure I had mine as close to parallel as possible before flying. My Stuka flies great with the CG at factory settings. Have about 30 flights on it. Actually has gentle stall characteristics for a warbird. Only problem I have had with it is the landing gear are close together thus making a straight tract [no yaw in pilot terminology] on landing more critical or it will ground loop.

Gosh....there is just no justice in this here world is there, Kahlog ? Retarded guys with their heads up their asses like me build airplanes that end up flying well while Internet Geniuses like yourself build planes that...how'd you put it...end up as "mush." Hey...if you decide to build another one let me know. I got an anecephlic [look it up] buddy here at the Home that likes to travel and would be willing to come out to Col. and go over the new plane with you before you fly.....you know...1 1/2 heads are better than one they say...

Old 04-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

...you might want to check the link you posted to VQ's website for the Stuka B canopy. When I ''add to cart'' it shows ''backordered.''
Not sure the issue you are having pc2209 but I did not receive any notice of backorder on this item and I went through the entire process short of actually hitting the "pay now" button. Maybe give 'em a call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.