Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Falcon 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

I never argue with a hunch, that`s why I...
Old 05-14-2013, 07:57 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

I have talked with FEJ and they say they will NOT respond to any bad mouthing, bashing, or any other kind of bad behavior people. They were working with him UNTIL he went to the forums. I understand what they are saying and I wouldn't either. So to say they are NOT trying to help is a FLAT OUT LIE!! Nothing else, no other saying, nothing....... But as he has stated MANY times... He NO longer want anything from them, so why is the thread still running?? It is ALL done and over with, Well except for the thread vultures.... I will keep flying mine and keep the MAINTENANCE up on it!CHEERS!!

Bad behavior people? are you serious?
Dantley did nothing that would constitute bad behavior. Actually quite the opposite!
How many times does he have to say what happened and it get contorted like this?
Why would they care if he went to the forums? They tried to tell him it wasnt their fault and it was a radio issue. I would have done the same thing 100%.

Scott
Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Falcon 64

Radio issue?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:07 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Falcon, they blamed my radio, my batteries, and my servos.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:12 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gerry, because of you my avatar is going back up. I will keep using it until you stop posting on the topic.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Rush!

+1

ORIGINAL: dubd

Gerry, because of you my avatar is going back up. I will keep using it until you stop posting on the topic.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:25 AM
sharam
My Feedback: (2)

Dantley is one of the most respectable and knowledgable people in this hobby!  His setups and building skills are top-notch!

I will not buy an FEJ product unless and until they make it up to him.   This is now becoming a common sentiment amongst my friends.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:29 AM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If FEJ keeps digging they'll end up in China
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: [Deleted]

Geez,

How do you respond to some of this without violating RCU policy or ticking Ken off with what sound like personal attacks? Get it straight: This isn't personal against FEJ. I know a few of the people that are associated with FEJ and they are friends of mine (and good guys who don't want or deserve any trouble over this). This could be any one of the Asian ARF makers, but it happens to be FEJ in this case. Frankly, I don't see much difference at all when I'm building these things between the different Chinese makes, but some enjoy a better reputation than others (legitimately or not).

Giginshaw, your comments are outrageously off-base. When exactly did Dantley become a member of the "bad behavior people?" Was it when he made the ultimate demonstration of good faith a guy can make (by coughing up his $6k+ for the airframe), or just when he failed to sniff out the sub-par design and manufacture? Was his bad behavior going public with all this (as you intimate with your statement that you talked to FEJ and Dantley screwed up by taking it to the forums) or was it when he neglected to go get his stabs X-rayed?? What you're doing with your comments is exactly the same thing FEJ is doing on their site when they post the stuff about 'remember to install the stab linkage properly'.... blaming the victim by insinuating he didn't do something he should have. That's about as disingenuous as you can get and, worse, it shows that their interest is more in whitewashing the situation to protect sales than in fixing the situation to protect their customer base.

I genuinely hoped that they would have instead come out with something like, "After further inspection of the enhanced video, it has become clear that there was, indeed, some kind of design or manufacture issue with this airframe. We are taking a hard second look at the design and use of materials and will report back with some solutions. In the meantime, please do not fly your Tomcats until we have a chance to sort this out." That might have cost them in the short-run, but they would have sewn some good faith and good will (and maybe given themselves a shot at a bounce-back). Instead, they've got guys like you coming on here and making asinine statements that require people to ignore all of the informed input from engineers, the video and the X-ray. The X-ray alone closed this case for me.

Unless and until they demonstrated how they were addressing the obvious design issues, why on earth would a discount on another fatally-flawed airframe make Dantley happy? Think about that for a minute. When you're done, go 'keep up the maintenance' on what we all saw in the X-rays. I'm sure they'll be fine....
Old 05-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Falcon 64

ORIGINAL: dubd

Falcon, they blamed my radio, my batteries, and my servos.
I never knew... Sorry.
FEJ didn`t do the correct thing there.

I have spent plenty & numerous calories in the essence what was wrong. And also chimed in a professor for the sake of balancing your thoughts about the subject, uhhh....

Flutter is the cause here. We have no servos yet to withstand what happened here.
And if bulkheads was made if titanium, it would happened anyway at a higher speed.
But I underline the fact, it would happened to anyone making this model. "None" of them knew!

That`s why I also say, I reconn it will never happen again.

And yes, I would rather have a Yellow F-18 stab to the test than making a test I know where ends.
Just because we have a claimed perfect example of a elevator in balance, purely in dynamic.
I know that won`t happen, and I know canary agree.

It was not your radio, nor the batteries or the servos..
Period.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Shaun Evans

Falcon,

I see you edited your "over and out" statement right before you chimed in again!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Falcon 64

Yes, and it`s just because we all want to see you stab being stable at any speed purely in dynamics.
I had to add it, unless the readers here had to think we all had to add mass ahead of pivot.

But it`s not so you said, so why dond`t send me a stab, or picture with measures and datas on it..
I will return it of course, unharmed.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Shaun Evans

Haha,

If I had a dollar for every time you signed off of this thread, I could buy a REAL F-14....

Old 05-14-2013, 09:15 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

I have talked with FEJ and they say they will NOT respond to any bad mouthing, bashing, or any other kind of bad behavior people. They were working with him UNTIL he went to the forums. I understand what they are saying and I wouldn't either. So to say they are NOT trying to help is a FLAT OUT LIE!! Nothing else, no other saying, nothing....... But as he has stated MANY times... He NO longer want anything from them, so why is the thread still running?? It is ALL done and over with, Well except for the thread vultures.... I will keep flying mine and keep the MAINTENANCE up on it!CHEERS!!
Ihave already experienced firsthand that Gerry Hinshaw is not a truthful person. This has cost me one plane, the Shokjet, and repairs to my engine. He simply lied about being unaware of the problem with the plane, the wings coming off, but Ispoke to two others afterwards who had confronted him with the same issue. This is when he worked at Troy Built Models.
So let's be clear. Gerry Hinshaw does not tell the truth.
Ilater bought another plane from him, from his own company, GiantScaleModels, and it was junk. The landing gear failed on the first flight. He had not tested the plane at all. He lied continusously about new parts being on the way, and having ordered different landing gear from Robart, but that's all it was, lies. Verifiable.
He also posted that Pheonix models ripped him off for $4500 on a Lockheed Constellation. According toPheonix Models, that is a lie, he never sent any money. He actually tried to order 100 Lockheed Constellations, but they did not make them, because he never sent any money.
All this is true and checkable.
And I'm sure all of it will be removed by the moderators, they will say it is manufacturer bashing.
They removed my other posts about him.
So it is fair to assume that he is lying about FlyEagleJets, too.
He has been a dealer for them for three years, but he has never sold one jet from them.
Ireally doubt he has ever actually flown an FEJplane either.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Gonzalo38

They were working with him UNTIL he went to the forums.
So basically they were willing to "pay" him so he stay silent ? Great business ethics.....

Dubb did the correct thing and he has made a huge contribution to this community by exposing what happened to him and how we was treated by FEJ. For me, it wasn't him the one that had the bad behavior.... actually, it was all the way around.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Falcon 64

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Haha,

If I had a dollar for every time you signed off of this thread, I could buy a REAL F-14....

And if I got a dollar each time you sent useful facts, I would end up just as poor as I am.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Falcon 64

My X-Ray macine is at work, were I have my living in the fire-squad. I just put the stab, fuselage or wing into the X-Ray scanner, step behind to the screen and take the time needed to figure out the things I want.
But since this isn`t LAX, I can do just that.
Just a hint to others in remote areas, they are glad to help you, since this is off their ordinary task
Old 05-14-2013, 10:29 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 3-D xray machine in my office. Its field of view is 7"x7"x5", perfect for imaging human head, not so much for scanning model parts! I did scan the stab on my skymaster Mig-29. Looks like they put a metal blade at the end of the shaft. Unfortunately, human bone is much denser than fiberglass or wood, so its hard to pick out anything but the metal and a little bit of the thickest parts of resin/glass.

Its a shame that we have to even consider doing this to our models. Particularly with the amount of money we spend on them. I can safely say I will never buy a product from FEJ. Even if they come out with the coolest plane on the block and fix their QC issues... their customer service, or lack thereof, is not worth it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27087.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1881917   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12618.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1881918  
Old 05-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Falcon 64

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

I have a 3-D xray machine in my office. Its field of view is 7''x7''x5'', perfect for imaging human head, not so much for scanning model parts! I did scan the stab on my skymaster Mig-29. Looks like they put a metal blade at the end of the shaft. Unfortunately, human bone is much denser than fiberglass or wood, so its hard to pick out anything but the metal and a little bit of the thickest parts of resin/glass.

Its a shame that we have to even consider doing this to our models. Particularly with the amount of money we spend on them. I can safely say I will never buy a product from FEJ. Even if they come out with the coolest plane on the block and fix their QC issues... their customer service, or lack thereof, is not worth it.

I agree totally, this is not our task.
There are many criterias pro we should investigate things abit aside the manufacturers, and nearly equal as many not to.
It depends how deep you are willing to dig into it, or let the trust be "good to go".

We all are good to go when we spend moths of salary into a ARF project, in the dreamworld. But we are the final judge to get it airborne, nomatter what!.
Sometimes such deer-graves occour, and when they do, there is a need to discuss all the subjects and sides in it.
So that everyone can absorb that, both modellers and factories. This have been done here to the tired..

But I think we have come to that point, that everyone did infact have an eyeopener.
If not, they never will, pilots or factories.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Falcon 64

double.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Falcon 64

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Geez,

How do you respond to some of this without violating RCU policy or ticking Ken off with what sound like personal attacks? Get it straight: This isn't personal against FEJ. I know a few of the people that are associated with FEJ and they are friends of mine (and good guys who don't want or deserve any trouble over this). This could be any one of the Asian ARF makers, but it happens to be FEJ in this case. Frankly, I don't see much difference at all when I'm building these things between the different Chinese makes, but some enjoy a better reputation than others (legitimately or not).

Giginshaw, your comments are outrageously off-base. When exactly did Dantley become a member of the ''bad behavior people?'' Was it when he made the ultimate demonstration of good faith a guy can make (by coughing up his $6k+ for the airframe), or just when he failed to sniff out the sub-par design and manufacture? Was his bad behavior going public with all this (as you intimate with your statement that you talked to FEJ and Dantley screwed up by taking it to the forums) or was it when he neglected to go get his stabs X-rayed?? What you're doing with your comments is exactly the same thing FEJ is doing on their site when they post the stuff about 'remember to install the stab linkage properly'.... blaming the victim by insinuating he didn't do something he should have. That's about as disingenuous as you can get and, worse, it shows that their interest is more in whitewashing the situation to protect sales than in fixing the situation to protect their customer base.

I genuinely hoped that they would have instead come out with something like, ''After further inspection of the enhanced video, it has become clear that there was, indeed, some kind of design or manufacture issue with this airframe. We are taking a hard second look at the design and use of materials and will report back with some solutions. In the meantime, please do not fly your Tomcats until we have a chance to sort this out.'' That might have cost them in the short-run, but they would have sewn some good faith and good will (and maybe given themselves a shot at a bounce-back). Instead, they've got guys like you coming on here and making asinine statements that require people to ignore all of the informed input from engineers, the video and the X-ray. The X-ray alone closed this case for me.

Unless and until they demonstrated how they were addressing the obvious design issues, why on earth would a discount on another fatally-flawed airframe make Dantley happy? Think about that for a minute. When you're done, go 'keep up the maintenance' on what we all saw in the X-rays. I'm sure they'll be fine....
Your first post here I can say I agree with you, yellow..
We are not test-pilots, this game is way too expensive. In this case at the time, it had to happen sooner or later.
Testing flutter on stabs is easy, the rest of the fuselage can rest abit if they are ok. Pivot-glueing can also be tested, but should really be a waste of time, like it all should.
But I think we have seen the last one RIP because of it.
That mentioned, I also balace my ailerons/flaps..
Old 05-14-2013, 01:14 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gonzalo38

So basically they were willing to "pay" him so he stay silent ? Great business ethics.....

Dubb did the correct thing and he has made a huge contribution to this community by exposing what happened to him and how we was treated by FEJ. For me, it wasn't him the one that had the bad behavior.... actually, it was all the way around.

Gerry, if they had handled this right, they would have wanted him to go to the forums and tell all!

They could have actually got more business from this ordeal but, as it stands , for most of us here, FEJ has dropped right off the radar as a potenial source for a model jet with their handling of this episode.

You clearly don't get it, probably a good indication to avoid your co. as well.

Mike

Old 05-14-2013, 01:45 PM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This is unbelieveble... both your comments and Fej behaviour in this situation.
Can you enlighten us on how are they trying to help? By not let other FEJ owners know what happened?

Keep your mouth shut and you have 27% discount on another poorly design frame to burn (again...). Ohhh and by the way, let all other F14 crash, cause you'll keep your mouth shut.
You dare to say Dantley is the man with bad behaviour. Come on, man....put yourself in his shoes

This thread is still running to let people know what they are dealing with, when they think about buying a plane from FEJ.
No ethics, no care, no quality, no service and no business. They don't even realize they keep shooting their feet

Old 05-14-2013, 02:01 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

ORIGINAL: Gonzalo38

So basically they were willing to ''pay'' him so he stay silent ? Great business ethics.....

Gerry, if they had handled this right, they would have wanted him to go to the forums and tell all!

They could have actually got more business from this ordeal but, as it stands , for most of us here, FEJ has dropped right off the radar as a potenial source for a model jet with their handling of this episode.

You clearly don't get it, probably a good indication to avoid your co. as well.

Mike
\

I said the same thing! FEJ could of come out champions is this matter very easily. It would of been the best advertising you could of ever hoped for. People would have rallied behind them in their attempt to help their customers. Everybody on the planet is talking about FEJ and instead of doing the right thing they chose to ignore it all and place blame on others. laid right on the sword!
I will never buy a FEJ product again. The way they chose to handle this matter is a slap in the face to anyone who buys, owns, supports, promotes their products.
Not knowing who owns the company is another good reason to never do business with them.
People might buy from them because of their reps, buts its obvious the reps have no power in this company.
Scott

Old 05-14-2013, 02:51 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Its all about culture and customer service. To FEJ, it obviously isn't important to stand by their products. The people who have said this incident could have been a boon for FEJ, they are exactly right. I know here in the states, not sure about europeans, we are suckers for great customer service.

I'm at work today, I get a call on my cell phone, I see its from Florida. I answer it, its Bob Violet. I ordered some new battery packs for the eBandit and Patty thought it would be important for him to give me some info on breaking them in. I did not ask for this phone call, they just did it. This just solidified my feelings towards BVM. Making the customer feel important and follow through is huge!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.