Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

FiberClassics P-51 now Comp-ARF P-51

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

FiberClassics P-51 now Comp-ARF P-51

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 01:51 PM
the hobbyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FiberClassics P-51 now Comp-ARF P-51

Thanks Charlie.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Brahm

Hi Guys, just managed to install the glazing panels.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62059.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1897673  
Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Brahm

Hopefully the end result of this canopy will be satisfactory. Busy installing the rails and latching mechanism.

Name:	Fd91778.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	1898539  
Old 07-20-2013, 01:05 PM
docgboy

Does anyone know of plans, a build forum or some pics for the Comp-arf drop tanks
I have a general idea but cannot figure out bout the arms articulate with the mount
Scott
Old 07-21-2013, 02:53 PM
chisep51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott,I have a set of drop tanks and mounts I will not use. Email me off line and you can have them. The mount in the pic used a micro servo (got them from a gentleman in Germany). The servo arms held the drop tank and when triggered would align with small hole in tank to jettison. The mounts I arm referring to had a better scale look, but the articulating mounts had to be formed. Charlie

Name:	Jh16674.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1902746  
Old 07-21-2013, 10:37 PM
dgiatr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi, does anybody has any idea about fialla 4 blade props to a dle 80cc engine;
i wonder if a dle 80cc could swing a 4blade 26x8 fialla prop(they are relatively light props) at about 6.000 r.p.m(without reduction gear)......... or i am very optimistic;
Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 AM
ThunderBoat42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

you would need to go to the 3w 110 inline to pull it off.  There is a you tube vid of the set up...  flies pretty good.   They were using a solo prop in the vid
Old 08-11-2013, 10:42 PM
marisia

sorry for asking but i havent decided yet about my p51 power source.
has anyone tried zdz 90 cc rvj, does it protrude enough from the cowling;
Old 08-14-2013, 09:26 AM
v6goose

*bump*

Hows it going guys... gone a little quiet in here... everyone out flying?

Goose
Old 08-14-2013, 10:45 PM
affas

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Which cockpit do fit here?

Is the Inzpan cockpit possible to adjust to fit?
Old 08-15-2013, 04:10 PM
butlern
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any one here in the continental USA have an extra set of inner gear doors that they're willing to part with? I have had habitual engine issues, which have resulted in 2 off-field landings (which ripped out the inner doors). I was able to repair the doors after the first event, but last Sunday's madness completely destroyed the right inner door (they sequence so slowly that when I realize I'm going to have to ditch the plane and retract the gear, the doors are still hanging down).

PM me here if you have something!

Thanks,

Noah
Old 08-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Edhamp

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by affas
Which cockpit do fit here?

Is the Inzpan cockpit possible to adjust to fit?

Alf,

The Inzpan 1/4 scale is a little on the large side with the model being 1/4.5 scale but it will fit with some adjustment. It is a good product and most of the work is done for you. I posted some pictures way back in this thread so have an excuse to show them again.

cheers
Ed

Name:	av69897.jpg
Views:	1429
Size:	343.0 KB
ID:	1909029   Click image for larger version

Name:	ot48115.jpg
Views:	1506
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	1909030   Click image for larger version

Name:	gr91509.jpg
Views:	1421
Size:	322.2 KB
ID:	1909031   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1088.JPG
Views:	1395
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	1909032  
Old 09-09-2013, 04:02 AM
marisia

does anybody has any thoughts of covering the plane with flite metal or chrom orastik or aluminium tape;
Old 09-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Edhamp

It is not a difficult job with any good quality materials and a bit of practice. I used a variety of tapes and you work panel by panel. You can achieve different affects like stainless steel sections of the cowl. See pictures in My Gallery or earlier in this forum to get an idea of the affects possible The wings laminar flow surfaces were factory painted normally in a silver grey and not bare metal so this reduces the amount of work required. If you get a panel wrong it's easy to start again. Compound curves are the hardest. You can dull down with some steel wool and highlight rivets etc and simulate repaired panels as well as smaller access panels.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:20 AM
pcastine
My Feedback: (8)

What are people using for air cylinders to open/close the inner main gear doors? I'm using the small Robart air cylinders (1 per door) and they open/close the doors perfectly. The problem I'm experiencing is that during flight, at certain bank angles, the doors open because air is getting in under the door (I think!) and pulling it open. In straight and level flight, no problems.

I installed small magnets to help hold the doors closed. I used the largest magnets that would still allow the cylinder to push the door open. But the problem in flight still persists. Also when I land, I notice that the air pressure is really down (a lot of air used during the door opening and closing during flight?)

Thanks for any suggestions,
Pete
Old 09-09-2013, 05:38 AM
Darrell B.

you could install a second air tank to help keep the psi higher for a longer time, more cycles of the gear. Once the new wears off you won't cycle the gear except on takeoff and in preparing for landing.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:31 AM
pcastine
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks for the idea; I'm already running a second tank - pressure is between 120 to 140 psi. I don't cycle the gear during flight as it is now; but it seems with the gear doors blowing open it's consuming a lot of air....

No one else having this problem? Could someone please post some detailed pics of their inner gear door / air cylinder setup?

Pete
Old 09-09-2013, 10:46 PM
marisia

Originally Posted by Edhamp
It is not a difficult job with any good quality materials and a bit of practice. I used a variety of tapes and you work panel by panel. You can achieve different affects like stainless steel sections of the cowl. See pictures in My Gallery or earlier in this forum to get an idea of the affects possible The wings laminar flow surfaces were factory painted normally in a silver grey and not bare metal so this reduces the amount of work required. If you get a panel wrong it's easy to start again. Compound curves are the hardest. You can dull down with some steel wool and highlight rivets etc and simulate repaired panels as well as smaller access panels.
thank you veru much for your fast reply, i will use aluminuim tape for sure, but the problem is that i cannot find any aluminium tape larger than 10 cm width and carf p51 has many panels wider than 10cm and i dont want to use two aluminium stripes side by side or i will destroy scale appearence of the plane by creating more panel lines than the real one!!does flite metal solves that problem or not; what i want to ask is :does flite metal has the same stucture compaired to aluminuim tape or it is more thick than aluminium tape (probably i say) so you cannot copy-bring to upper surface all the scale details that the models already has using flite metal; with aluminium tape i have a very good result because its rather thin and with a little finger pressure every scale detail comes to surface.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:23 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

use a cylinder with a larger diameter, that will give you more holding power since there is a larger volume of air over or under the piston holding it in place. Unless something is leaking, the door being sucked open will not use more air. It compresses the air that is holding the door closed...assuming that the cylinder retracted = door closed.
If the cylinders are slowing down their movement while airborne due to air resistance, that will use more air than a ground retraction since the valve is bleeding air longer.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:09 AM
Edhamp

Originally Posted by marisia
thank you veru much for your fast reply, i will use aluminuim tape for sure, but the problem is that i cannot find any aluminium tape larger than 10 cm width and carf p51 has many panels wider than 10cm and i dont want to use two aluminium stripes side by side or i will destroy scale appearence of the plane by creating more panel lines than the real one!!does flite metal solves that problem or not; what i want to ask is :does flite metal has the same stucture compaired to aluminuim tape or it is more thick than aluminium tape (probably i say) so you cannot copy-bring to upper surface all the scale details that the models already has using flite metal; with aluminium tape i have a very good result because its rather thin and with a little finger pressure every scale detail comes to surface.

I cannot comment on flite metal because I have not used it but there are many models finished with this product and is designed for the job and by all accounts works very. You should look to get foil that is no thicker then 30 microns. I can find tape up to 100-150mm width duct foil tape easily from various suppliers and even on that weel known acution site, which I have used on my models. .A source in the UK for modeld is something called Metalcoat from Mick Reeves models which is sold 600mm wide and I have used this on my Mustang pictured also. It is a bit softer than commercial foil tape and probablysimilar to flitemetal. The foil needs to be rubbed down, I use steel wool and a smooth wooden burnish stick to bring out detail, you will be surprised how this shows up unwanted marks and imperfections so surface detail is no problem.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:45 AM
marisia

Originally Posted by Edhamp
I cannot comment on flite metal because I have not used it but there are many models finished with this product and is designed for the job and by all accounts works very. You should look to get foil that is no thicker then 30 microns. I can find tape up to 100-150mm width duct foil tape easily from various suppliers and even on that weel known acution site, which I have used on my models. .A source in the UK for modeld is something called Metalcoat from Mick Reeves models which is sold 600mm wide and I have used this on my Mustang pictured also. It is a bit softer than commercial foil tape and probablysimilar to flitemetal. The foil needs to be rubbed down, I use steel wool and a smooth wooden burnish stick to bring out detail, you will be surprised how this shows up unwanted marks and imperfections so surface detail is no problem.
i find it really intresting to use metalcoat from mick reeves, can you please tell me if its possible to cover my plane by simply pushing it down on each panel using my finger tip or do i have to use some special tools; is there any way to find some covering instructions; how can i avoid wrinkles and bubbles while applying it;thanks!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:03 PM
easyschnucki
My Feedback: (2)

see below

Last edited by easyschnucki; 09-14-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:05 PM
easyschnucki
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by pcastine
What are people using for air cylinders to open/close the inner main gear doors? I'm using the small Robart air cylinders (1 per door) and they open/close the doors perfectly. The problem I'm experiencing is that during flight, at certain bank angles, the doors open because air is getting in under the door (I think!) and pulling it open. In straight and level flight, no problems.

I installed small magnets to help hold the doors closed. I used the largest magnets that would still allow the cylinder to push the door open. But the problem in flight still persists. Also when I land, I notice that the air pressure is really down (a lot of air used during the door opening and closing during flight?)

Thanks for any suggestions,
Pete

You can also try Lado E-Door Actuators. They come in 20 and 30mm Stroke Length and have plenty of holding torgue.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:02 PM
marisia

i finally used orastick chrome from oracover to cover mine

Last edited by marisia; 10-21-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:15 PM
chisep51

Pete,
I have been thinking about your door problem. It may not be the cylinders you are using. I uploaded a U Tube vid (crude please forgive), look at the distance of the top and door mounts of the air cylinder. If this distance is off the leverage on the door will be off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qsOlXG3HV4
Charlie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.