Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jesse2357
I thought about that but that still uses Chanels cause it only works on 1-7. It would have to be above 16 to fix the problem I have.
Listen, I have done it so yes it work go into the RX output and change them connect the wire and that’s it....

Saying it won’t work is not the Right thing to do .....just choose in the list what you want to assign, to channel 2 to 7 but make sure it’s in the assignment page first.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Airman98
My Feedback: (9)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just picked up a DC-24 last week and really love it. I do have a question, I picked up a couple of the jeti Li-ion 2s batteries and they say to charge them through the jr style plug no balancing. I'm so used to charging batteries with a balance plug, I'm a little unsure of the best way to charge these batteries. I normally use a cellpro 8. Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Dansy

I used those, with PL8 I always charge them from the main connector, just to make its disconnect from my RX or CB’s but either would work just fine, some electronic may not like it and I don’t want to replace them.....

I used Lipo setting, normal 4.2v and 1C
Old 03-12-2019, 02:20 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jesse2357
wfield0455, I wish it was that simple. No matter how I set it up what ever pin 1 on the rex assist receiver is set to is what outputs on pin 1 of the cb200. Even if I set Pin 1 of the rex to ch 20 which is gear lights and the cb200 pin 1 set ch1 which is L. Aileron it still outputs ch 20 on the cb 200. I mean if the cb200 is going to output whatever the input receiver is outputting why even have a setting for it? I feel like there is a setting not correct that's causing this. I have a call into Danny, he was tied up when I called earlier. Hopefully he can help me figure it out. I ordered a Digitech expander but hate to add more electronics to an already electronic full bird. I mean this has a Rex 7a, 2x r3, cb200, cortex pro, gear controller, brake controller, light controller, ECU, dps40 electronic switch (feeds power to the gear light and brake contollers), and a wireless switch expander. Plus 10 actual servos.
Why are you using an Assist and a Cortex Pro together? How are they connected to the CB200?
Old 03-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Airman98

Thanks! I was wondering if you could use the board that charges 6 batteries at a time and make a adapter deans to jr so you could charge 2 at a time. But i'm not sure if that board has to have a input from the balance lead to work. Im using preset 7 (small unbalanced 2s battery) or did you make a custom preset?
Old 03-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Dansy

Those battery I only charge one at the time...from a dual PL8 Hookup on a bump controller or a single PL8 also on another bump controller.

I assume I could charge the parallel, but never felt the need, I also recharge at the end of the day, they are not Lipo....so I keep them charge, give them a little boost either before leaving home, or at the field while assembling the jet...

I have one tag for 2.6 one 3.1 and one for 5.2.....I don’t keep track since they are not balance from the charger....
Old 03-12-2019, 02:30 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by causeitflies
Why are you using an Assist and a Cortex Pro together? How are they connected to the CB200?
Somehow I knew he had a Assist.....but I have used Assist all last year as a regular RX.....with the CB’s because the conflict....good catch.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airman98

Just picked up a DC-24 last week and really love it. I do have a question, I picked up a couple of the jeti Li-ion 2s batteries and they say to charge them through the jr style plug no balancing. I'm so used to charging batteries with a balance plug, I'm a little unsure of the best way to charge these batteries. I normally use a cellpro 8. Any tips would be appreciated.
No balance plug required. From the Esprit Model web site: Jeti Power Ion RB receiver battery pack comes equipped with built-in balancing, over-charging (Voltage higher than 5V/cell), and over-discharging (150A) protection circuits.

The JR plug is for charging. The MPX plug is for the receiver.

...jim
Old 03-12-2019, 06:03 PM
Airman98

Yeah Jim. I was mainly interested in how everyone was charging these batteries as up until now I’ve been charging these types of batteries with a balance board on a cellpro8.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:53 PM
jesse2357

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I'm using both as the post says. I use the assist for the plane gyro (I have them in all my planes including my flash with a CB200). The cortex I run completely separate on the vectored thrust servos only. I know the cortex pro can bank with and without the vectored thrust, but I'm not as confident as I had issues with it in my flash when using 2x ex bus in and 2x ex bus out to cb200. I had a servos in the wings that randomly would deflect. I'm by no means blaming the cortex, but I'm not confident enough to run the banks in my jet that's fast approaching 10k or more (quit counting I don't want to know). I'll try a regular rex 7 and see if I get the same results tomorrow. I think it is probably in the firmware versiond or maybe I'm the 1st to try this combination. Any way you look at it if I don't figure out by the time I get the channel expander i'll just figure out how to use that.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:37 PM
jesse2357

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So follow up to my problem. After some testing today I learned a few things that might be helpful to everyone. A rex receiver and a rex assist to not act the same way when plugged into a cb200. The rex receiver is easy to just program whatever servo on whatever port weather it be in the cb or or the receiver. On the other hand the Rex assist receiver what ever you program on 1 -15 automatically transfers to the cb200. In fact if you don't program a servo in the rex assist receiver port and you do in the cb200 you still get nothing. Now the solution to my problem was to use number above 16 for the extras I wanted. So I made port 1,2,3 to be 17,18,19 and they work great. I think the only restriction it couldn't be something I want to be stabilized. So road block diverted. Something else I learned is The ext port on the cb200 must be powered by the same power source as the receiver ports, I was using to power a receiver and when I plugged in a servo the moved slow and I got a low voltage warning for the receiver. So with the servo expander I would have to find another power source as well.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:03 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

I have a DS-24 with a REX 12 Assist in a Freewing 90 mm F-22 EDF.

I want to program the F-22 speedbrake functions on the left slide switch. They are split rudders out, ailerons up, flaps down, with appropriate stab trim as shown in the photo above. All flight controls servos are on separate channels. Flaps are controlled by 3 flight modes in Butterfly as per standard jet set up.

How would I best do this? Any help appreciated.

Thanks Gary

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 03-16-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:03 PM
Viper1GJ

Here is the project.

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 03-16-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:42 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

I would start with setting up a separate flight mode for “Speed Brake”. Then use a combo of flight mode trim and butterfly settings to get what you want.

Danny
Old 03-16-2019, 02:47 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ

I have a DS-24 with a REX 12 Assist in a Freewing 90 mm F-22 EDF.

I want to program the F-22 speedbrake functions on the left slide switch. They are split rudders out, ailerons up, flaps down, with appropriate stab trim as shown in the photo above. All flight controls servos are on separate channels. Flaps are controlled by 3 flight modes in Butterfly as per standard jet set up.

How would I best do this? Any help appreciated.

Thanks Gary
Hi Gary,

Nice F22....

1..Create a Flight mode called "Speed brake" and assign the left slider to it (P6). when asked copy default say NO.
2.. Under Function Curves change the surfaces you want to S from G... if you have other flight modes, ailerons and rudder should be S already
3.. Slide P6 so you are in "speed brake" mode.
4.. Then change the curves of the surfaces to the position desired

Function curves are very powerful...

David
Old 03-16-2019, 04:31 PM
Viper1GJ

Thanks David, this is my kind of build, parts all finished, parts fit, airframe built in 2 hrs, and I can pick it up and move it around! I can see my future in jets here...

Well, I finally figured it out. Thanks for the inputs. I tried a speed brake flight mode on P6 but could not get it to work proportional, the flight mode was either on or off. Combined with flight mode trims it was either all or nothing. I wanted proportional control.

The way I got it to work was free mix of SB to rudder, aileron, and elevator and by using a 3 point function curve on SB to limit the output just 0-100. This allows full movement of the slider and each flight control only moves from 0 to 100 in the appropriate direction. It gives me full proportional control like the full scale from 0-100% deflection of all surfaces. I will just have to test fly and experiment with the stab trim but I started it at 5% nose up at full SB command.

Everything centered...

Full speed brake command. Stab moves nose up 5%.

Of course none of this is really needed on a EDF foamy but its fun to play with.

Thanks again,
Gary

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 03-16-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:31 AM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like you got it figured out Gary, good job. Here's a link to how I learned to do some fancier mixes in my Jeti on my TBM project......

Old 03-17-2019, 03:03 PM
Viper1GJ

Flyloose, great video, I learned a lot. Now i have some more ideas for my Flex Cessna 170 foamy!

Thanks,
Gary
Old 03-23-2019, 07:41 PM
Halcyon66

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

OK got my other stick switch sorted and have been playing around, pretty amazing TX, now not if this is meant to happen yet had been testing a rex 9 with a 900 sat a week or two ago and then yesterday was using the rex 9 without the sat and nothing worked. Then went into devices and remeove the 900 sat and the rex9 work perfectly. Is that correct? So if one of your sats is not right the system stops, if so that is pertty good.

Regards,
Old 03-24-2019, 04:39 AM
Dansy

It’s correct.....the TX is just letting you know that during the power up of the plane one on the receiver didn’t power up....and won’t do anything else until that’s rectified as you found out.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:34 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

We had very productive discussion about Jeti Central Boxes and new high performance servos that can produce high current spikes.

Pretty much we settled on few facts:
a) Nobody knows exact Amps load in flight per servo
b) Let people do whatever they want
c) Let's measure in-flight servo current

We have decided to start production with two kinds of new Central Boxes CB220, Standard type with poly-fuses and SHD type that has no fuses.
This way guys can decide whatever is best for they application and use appropriate system.

Also we will have In-Line Current/Voltage sensor for individual servos with telemetry. This will be plug & play solution with full data stream and data logging capabilities.

Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by ZB; 04-12-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:41 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ZB
We had very productive discussion about Jeti Central Boxes and new high performance servos that can produce high current spikes.

Pretty much we settled on few facts:
a) Nobody knows exact Amps load in flight
b) Let people do whatever they want
c) Let's measure in-flight servo current

We have decided to start production with two kinds of new Central Boxes CB220, Standard type with poly-fuses and SHD type that has no fuses.
This way guys can decide whatever is best for they application and use appropriate system.

Also we will have In-Line Current/Voltage sensor for individual servos with telemetry. This will be plug & play solution with full data stream and data logging capabilities.

Zb/Jeti USA
Any idea if they are still working on a stand-alone Assist module to plug into existing receivers? I thought they were working on one at one point.

Looking forward to the new CB’s, once designed tested and built they shouldn’t require any FCC certification or anything right? So they should be here pretty quickly after they go into production?

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2019, 08:50 AM
roydefiant

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

With regards to the CB400: I thought I heard on the esprit video that the recommendation from JETI was 3S lipo batteries. Is that correct?
I have mounted a CB400 and was planning to use 2S lipos. Should I chose 2S lipos what do you recommend setting output voltage in the CB400 for a jet with all HV servos?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2019, 08:54 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by camss69

Any idea if they are still working on a stand-alone Assist module to plug into existing receivers? I thought they were working on one at one point.

Looking forward to the new CB’s, once designed tested and built they shouldn’t require any FCC certification or anything right? So they should be here pretty quickly after they go into production?

Thanks!
The Assist standalone will need the new CB220. we need high speed EX Bus port. Due summer 2019

Yes, no need for any FCC. We should have them for Joe Nall 2019

Zb/Esprit
Old 04-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Viper1GJ

Originally Posted by ZB

Zb/Jeti USA
ZB, will the CB 220 have additional receiver and EXT ports?
Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.