Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetJoe engines

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetJoe engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JetJoe engines

ORIGINAL: rjbob
You're doing all the work...we should all be grateful!
It's JetJoe who should be totally grateful - getting all that work done free of charge, instead of having to pay its employees to do the R&D in-house.

Gordon
Old 09-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: rjbob
You're doing all the work...we should all be grateful!
It's JetJoe who should be totally grateful - getting all that work done free of charge, instead of having to pay its employees to do the R&D in-house.

Gordon

That post is incorrect...................

Thanks Rjbob for your compliments, Greatly Taken.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:18 PM
itsadogslife

That one passed me by, why is his post incorrect?
Old 09-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

I think I'll jump in now.
I went to KY. Sunday, mostly to see the JJ run, and to fly of course. Justin and crew had already ran it several times. They asked if we would like to check it out. We said sure, fire it up. Started up fine. Sounded like a good idle. He pressed it up to over 160k, ran it up and down a few times, let it idle for a couple minutes before shutting down. I was fairly impressed. Although not quite ready for the plug and play market of today, they are on the right course.
We will have to wait and see where this goes. Competition is a great thing , most of the time. I quess it just depends on which side your on.
I'm sure most mfg went through alot of the same problems as the JJ, but they had the door closed.
Randy
Old 09-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Mike_Engle

Justin,

I've been watching this thread for a while and all I can say is, Great job!! Stay the course and finish the race is all the more encouragement I can give you. What you guy's are doing down there Kentucky is great.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:20 PM
GregG
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: tankie

.........If you think about it this is quite an effective means for the manufacturer to conduct R ad D.
Produce a basic product, introduce it to the masses and wait for feedback, correct the problems and at the same time get a feel for market interest based on the volume of feedback.......

CUNNING

Just a thought.......

Gary
Sounds like a large software developer, doesn't it?

[X(]
Old 09-28-2004, 01:12 AM
tankie

windoze
Old 09-28-2004, 08:06 AM
MustangFan

Well said rjbob !
Old 09-28-2004, 11:03 AM
JET FX

Skymac - will you showing/running the JJ at Superman??? I would like to see the engine up close....

Cheers-
Old 09-28-2004, 11:05 AM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Skymac

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

Gordon

That post is incorrect...................

Which part of Gordon's post is incorrect?
Old 09-28-2004, 12:03 PM
itsadogslife

I sincerely hope you have more luck getting an answer to that question than I did.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Skymac

Some people just can't figure it out....
Old 09-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Bobman
My Feedback: (5)

I guess you can add me to the "can't figure it out" list too....

Are you inferring that you are *now* repping for "JetJoe"? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that you're moving forward with an inexpensive turbine, but if you are going into business with these things, you *may* want to consider the fact that there are a LOT of people reading this thread right now with interest. What you say (or don't say!) may come back to haunt you.

Bob
Old 09-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Skymac

I belive I've said everything I've needed to, the rest will come later. The path has yet to be traveled all the way....
Old 09-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: Skymac

Some people just can't figure it out....
Maybe that's why they asked you the question ... so why do you refuse to answer their question ? Don't you know the answer either ? Or is there something to hide ? Or ... ???

Gordon
Old 09-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Bobman

You're showing the "wealth" of your 17 years of life experience right now. Regardless of what you may have accomplished up to this point, rest assured that with an attitude like that you will never receive any business from me. []

Good luck to you.

Bob
Old 09-28-2004, 02:34 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys, that's pathetic, the purpose of this thread is to simply explore this engine, I'm disappointed, and that's rare.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:46 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Team Jet Joe USA
I find this amusing.... [sm=tired.gif]

As I have already told Justin, I commend his enthusiasm and his dedication to get the JJ to finally run.... However, only 25% of the wheels on these engines are x-rayed! This came directly from "Joe". I know Justin plans to be at Superman with these engines...... I caution all of you to be a safe distance from this engine when it is run!
Todd
Old 09-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Skymac

Ok guys this is Mike Justins father. The reason that post is incorrect is that we never said we were doing it for free. We did say we wasnt a Rep. for Joe. I am truely sorry if we have offended anyone, but we have been pretty beat up on here ourselves. All we have tryed to do is give out facts on the engine and our testing. Questions or comments reguarding our relationship with Joe or anything that has to do with money or business at this time is personal business. If in the future if we become reps or a dealer for Joe i will be the first to post it here. As of right now i can not sell anyone a engine nor would i till all testing is done and its proven to be a workable engine to us. There are a lot of people keeping up with this thread who know us, we are honest and open but again i say i will not answer personal questions, lets keep it about the little engine that wants too. Any of you guys going to superman that want to talk about this in person, feel free to send us how to contract you there.

Thanks (the old man skymac)
Mike
Old 09-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: seanreit
Guys, that's pathetic, the purpose of this thread is to simply explore this engine.
Is that really all that this thread is about ? Or is it about finding ways of pushing product ? It seems to me that in post #40 Justin claimed that he was not a rep, and so all of his posts exhalting the engine were allowed to remain as non-commercial posts, and people start believing that he has absolutely no vested interest in pushing the product - he's just a helpful guy who's sharing his experiences of the engine with us out of the goodness of his heart... then the "Team JetJoe USA" moniker gets quietly slipped into his signature line. Maybe it's just coincidental timing ; maybe it's a devious attempt to bypass the RCU commercial rules ; maybe a bit of both.

Gordon
Old 09-28-2004, 03:02 PM
valk70
My Feedback: (2)

Or maybe its just a joke. Sean is right you guys are pathetic!
Old 09-28-2004, 03:04 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I like people that agree with me, but to be clear, the "posts" I thought were pathetic, not the "guys" that posted the posts. I have great respect for Gordon and Todd and others.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Skymac

Guys As You Post Days pass and situations change, things aren't set in stone around here.

We are helping JEt Joe to develope a better more viable product we were not repping for Jet Joe at that time and if you look at it in the correct way at this time we are still not. We are doing / helping is the R&D department and repping will come once the product has reached the point were it can be sold to the public as a "RTR" engine.

With that being said I aam going to leave this thread as I have proven to the world that the engine will be a viable product in the future and to hush the people who said "It would never run" or "It was designed wrong." ETC - ETC

When the time comes to annouce anything major I'll let you know but in the mean time for all of you interested in the Jet Joe JJ-1200 and future products, you can send me an email at [email protected] and request to be on a mailing list for updates.

ALSO THE JJ-1200 Will not RUN AT SUPERMAN even though Todd Whitkoff Said It would, Please Don't Give information that you don't know.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Bobman

Geez... you guys type faster than I can READ!

Sean, I don't think my comments are pathetic at all. I asked a question & received a poor response. Still nothing against Justin's accomplishments, just the attitude that I find fault with.

Mike, thank you for posting a reasonable response and answering the million dollar question. I'll wait to see more from you in the future. A suggestion though, perhaps you should get your own user ID?

Bob
Old 09-28-2004, 03:17 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm by no ways' trying to step on people's toes, but there was a post a week or two back about a unknown manu. of pipes. I remember a good bit of people coming in there (including myself) taking up for one manu. as we all believed the post was portrayed to that specific one. Alot of them, told the original poster to do business with the one we were taking up for, how is that so different than this? One guy is helping a company do R&D on a product (which could come to help all of is in the future) and he gets bashed. There's an old saying "sometimes it is best to just sit and listen than it is to sit and talk" or something like that... maybe if there's something that you don't agree w/ maybe you should just keep it to yourself, as everyone has an opinion, and with these online message boards, that opinion could be takin the wrong way because its hard to tell the dialog of someones voice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.