Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Suprachrgd82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???

ORIGINAL: DirtBonez

DON'T HIT KIDS WITH R/C TRUCKS!!!

I gaurentee that won't go over well.

Certainly won't! I sold my Maxx recently after giving in a few times. I left that parking lot in a hurry!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Krashu

ORIGINAL: derrick05

You guys are full of it[:@]Kids are going to be kids and they have that right.How cruel of you to expect any different.If I caught you chasing my kid,it would be headbusting timeYoure playing with a TOY.KIDS LIKE TOYS[X(]How is a little kid not going to be curious about a nice toy?If it wasnt for people like you,there would be no child abuse[:@]I have to leave this thread because I am getting more pissed by the second.

Not many adults in my area who could bust me!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:25 AM
[email protected]

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

+1 Poo^^ I wasnt calling the city a craphole, I meant in terms of violence and stuff, the city itself is really nice. Though, you should see my neighborhood, all the rich kids smoke weed right in front of the cops, its quite entertaining Not to mention how many kids get beat up in the park around my house[&:] I can see the love, one kid already got shot (Surprising since it usually doesnt escalate past knives) Tom.

No north Philly is a crap hole day or night and west philly to. Just like any big city you have good parts and bad. I live in a part that is all blue collar people that work hard cops firemen mechanics construction workers that kind of stuff. If you get the drugs out no problems but that will never happen.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:16 AM
burningpoo

I'm not saying that the whole place is a crap hole, it's just that every where I've been down there I've seen things in nice places that just shouldn't happen. For the sake of the kids that come here I'm going to leave it at that. Where I live the hole place is crap. Kids don't use there fist no more, there to much of a wuss to get a good beating so they have to one up someone with a weapon, most of thetime. I get lip from little snot's when I sit on my porch, and I live on one of the nicest streets around here. Drugs is to big a problem everywhere and that's the truly scary part haveing a kid of my own. I only hope that she will get into stuff like rc's and what not to keep her safe, i hope. Kid's dont lead enough, just follow someone with a big mouth. It's sad.

but like what was said before...kid's will be kids when they see a killer toy, it's up to you to do what's right.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:37 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres a difference from being a kid, to being a brat.. Kids are cool but face it, a lot of them these days are[sm=thumbs_down.gif] Where did all the KidsWB cartoons go[&o] Now all they see is violence, not a great way to grow up
Old 09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
ttoks

if you seen some of the cartoons in japan you would think about that again, western cartoons are made to look like a tea party compared to them, and yet japan doesn't have a high murder rate, or many kids going out and robbing and or stealing, have a look at the japan version of dragon ball Z as an example, blaming it on TV violence is just putting the blame on someone other then who is responsible, the parents.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:56 PM
rcnitrohead

I watched Dragon Ball Z as a kid, but we both agree many parents these days are to blame..
Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 PM
novakmaxx

My Neighbor comes out and all ways asked how much money it cost to drive my t-maxx 3.3's, e-maxx, mini t and micro t. I say $500, he says "ok I well get it". He gose in his house and dose not come out.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:34 PM
infernalstone

Normally, I don't respond to these things, but I want to get something straight.

If you, as a parent, come outside, and see your 5 year old running in circles in the yard, having the time of their life, while my Lunchbox putters around after them at a raging 3 miles per hour, you're going to promptly come across the street and start wailing on me?

Because basically, that's what your reaction is to what that poster is saying.

And as far as a kid getting hit for deliberately jumping in front of a moving vehicle. Well, sorry, I'm sure the law says otherwise, but the child deserves it. The child was doing something with the intention of ruining someone else's property, and it backfired on them. Now, if we're talking the other way around, the driver ignoring the fact that there are kids, or aiming for kids, is one thing. But that was not the kids intention, it sounds. How about this. You go driving your nice expensive car up and down the street, and I'll start throwing cinder blocks at it. Same concept, except I'm being smarter about it than the child and aiming for the same result just without putting myself in harms way. By the way, if your truck busts my cinderblock, it's your fault for hitting my block and you need to go buy me a new cinder block.

You know, 50 years ago, the parents would have punished the kid for getting his legs broken as a result of being an idiot and being inconsiderate of other peoples property. And then after getting those solid plaster casts on the kid, gone to see if they would have to repair any damage their idiot son caused.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:56 PM
novakmaxx

I let him drive my micro t and he drove it in a suer. But i gat it with a long stick and doube sided tape.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:00 PM
ssj2

I love when kids say, "I have one of those at home that's way faster than yours." Meanwhile the kid's like 7 or something... Always cracks me up.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:31 PM
rcnitrohead

infernalstone, I agree with you completely. And my parents punish me for every stupid thing I do, no matter how injured I am Luckily, I'm not stupid enough to do that often[8D] A lot of parents just say "Dont do it again" or they shrug it off, then their kid learns not to care[sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 09-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Missing Pieces

It boils down to a collapse of moral and social reponsibilty, we're all in trouble. It has been said that those that don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it. Rome was a great acheivement of it's time, pulled down by moral and social corruption. Ain't long till it all goes to hell in a handbasket. WATCH THE NEWS, READ THE NEWS, PAY ATTENTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Krashu

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

Normally, I don't respond to these things, but I want to get something straight.

If you, as a parent, come outside, and see your 5 year old running in circles in the yard, having the time of their life, while my Lunchbox putters around after them at a raging 3 miles per hour, you're going to promptly come across the street and start wailing on me?

Because basically, that's what your reaction is to what that poster is saying.

And as far as a kid getting hit for deliberately jumping in front of a moving vehicle. Well, sorry, I'm sure the law says otherwise, but the child deserves it. The child was doing something with the intention of ruining someone else's property, and it backfired on them. Now, if we're talking the other way around, the driver ignoring the fact that there are kids, or aiming for kids, is one thing. But that was not the kids intention, it sounds. How about this. You go driving your nice expensive car up and down the street, and I'll start throwing cinder blocks at it. Same concept, except I'm being smarter about it than the child and aiming for the same result just without putting myself in harms way. By the way, if your truck busts my cinderblock, it's your fault for hitting my block and you need to go buy me a new cinder block.

You know, 50 years ago, the parents would have punished the kid for getting his legs broken as a result of being an idiot and being inconsiderate of other peoples property. And then after getting those solid plaster casts on the kid, gone to see if they would have to repair any damage their idiot son caused.

I agree with this man.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: derrick05

You guys are full of it[:@]Kids are going to be kids and they have that right.How cruel of you to expect any different.If I caught you chasing my kid,it would be headbusting timeYoure playing with a TOY.KIDS LIKE TOYS[X(]How is a little kid not going to be curious about a nice toy?If it wasnt for people like you,there would be no child abuse[:@]I have to leave this thread because I am getting more pissed by the second.
I would have to disagree. these things are not a toys. Yes the walmart ones are but if you put alot of money into these things and race them every weekend. Hows it that different from racing go karts or even real cars. Having the capability of driving it with a remote is suppose to be considered a toy.?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Coadster67

Indeed.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
[email protected]

In all fairness to kids I say ten and under they just don't get the hole I should think before I act thing. I have the Wii PS2 and gamecube each game is 20 to 50 bucks and they leve them on the floor and then step on them[:@]. So one day I took all the systems and games for two months then gave it back to them, two weeks later I saw the games on the floor out of their case. So my point is you need patience with kids and even more with your own kids. I find that parents can be more of a problem then the kid. With the problem I had when the kid got burned I stop my truck and was looking for the mom then when I told her what happen she got all stupid and gave me crap. Now that little kid is going to act that way when he gets older and not be able to handle things properly. I never just say NO! to my kids without an explanation of some kind. It's kind of the hole pit ball thing if you beat that dog every day chances are he will be mean now if you train your dog and spend good time with the dog it will be good and friendly. My dog is better behaved then my kids.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
brc51

Every one is still forgetting one important thing,Those children are the future of the hobby.And I know none of us have never asked stupid questions or annoyed anyone in our life.Sure todays society isnt much and i have seen some children run loose without supervision but do you help the hobby more by telling a kid to screw off or just by simply answering his questions.Out of the ten children i have 7 are adopted from very bad homes and now are doing well ,but suppose i said screw it and did not adopt them where would they be today.Copassion is a key to living and so is understanding. Hell id love to horsewhip a few parents myself but do not take it out on children because of their poor upbringing. It only takes someone to take the time to make them understand and mabye just a little understanding will go a long way in life.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Krashu

I don't want kids,too expensive.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Anibal
Banned

ya RC cars r much more fun than kids[>:]
Old 09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: wildchild45177

ORIGINAL: Jolly Roger Pirate

Well, as this was stated by some other members, so I will clear this up for myself.

I love it when kids above the age of 13 (im 15 just so ya'll know) come out and ask reasonable questions. If I happen to be driving my RC18B, and I feel that they are mature enough, I will even let them try it out. But kids like under the age of like 12 are just brats most of the time, and they dont even care. All they want is to be annoying, stupid, and wreck stuff. I know about 5 cops, because my dad was formerly one, and I got all of them into the hobby. I think its great when I can get an adult into the hobby. I have had several instances on my street where these stupid kids ages 5-11 years will chase my truck, then walk away, and then dart into the road in front of it. I have ruined the neighbors mail box post about 3 times because of this, and my friend, was unlucky enough to have one dart out and he swerved, flipping his LST2, and it basically flipped right into this kids knees, and broke both of them, as well as breaking the left femur. But some of the stupid kids parents come out and yell at me if the kids start chasing my truck because they say I am putting them at risk. Last time the kids mom yelled at me for that, I told her, "F*** YOU!!! YOUR IDIOT KIDS JUST COME RUNNING OUT HERE, DART IN FRONT OF MY VEHICLES, AND EXPECT NOT TO GET HIT! THEY ARE DARN LUCKY THEY HAVENT YET BEEN HIT, AND THEY ARE PUTTING THEMSELVES IN DANGER, NOT ME!!" She called the cops on my, and some random cop came, and he was really nice to me and explained that I was right, and I was doing nothing wrong, and that the kids were putting themselves in danger and the mother was also by just letting them run around. But I have ended up just starting to run right after it gets dark (my nitro truck that is), because its alright around here until 10:00 pm, so I just put head lights and tail lights in my nitro truck and start running it right after dark, and the kids are in bed by then, so its makes for a much safer running environment.

Last I knew of, this was a country where every one had equal rights to public places. So the kids had as much right to be in the street as you. It's not their responsability to stay out of your way. It's your responsability to operate your truck in a safe manner, and judging from your statement above, your the one with the brat mentality. Some kids have no respect for anyone, or anything, and it sounds like your one.

Bob
Ok first of all, I am not the one with the so called "brat" mentality. I always have operated the trucks in a safe manner. And it is their responsibility to stay out of the trucks way because I have warned those stupid kids every time they come out to chase the truck and get in its way. If I hadnt warned them, it would be different, but because I did, they are basically obligated to stay out of the way. And if you would read about how my friends truck accidentally hit the kid because the kid darted out, you would know that I stated he tried to swerve, but the truck flipped. We would never intentionally hit a kid with our trucks.

ORIGINAL: ttoks

i believe fully that that the person behind the controller is responsible for where the truck go's, but if you have warned someone of the danger of mucking around with an RC vehicle, and then intentionally ignore your warnings anyway you cant be held responsible if they don't take you seriously and get hurt, if a kid runs out in front of you despite being warned, while the trucks doing 40MP/h it isn't going to stop in time, and turning will likely roll the truck as you will likely panic and over react with the steering, so it's likely that the kids gonna get hit, but, if you see children gathering around your truck you probably shouldn't keep driving it, bring it in and shut it down until the crowed moves on, where i bash i rarely get people running around after the truck, whenever i see kids there there parents are normally with them, and so far i have only run into myself, and i hope to keep it that way.
Thanks supporting my statement about when my friends truck hit the kid (were you supporting the statement or were you just saying what you said to just put it out there). And about the shut the truck off when the crowd comes, well, every time I go to run my trucks, the kids ALWAYS come out. And I have tried putting it away, waiting for them to go in, and run again, but then they come back out. And my street is basically the only spot that I really have to bash.

And anyway, pretty soon, if these darn kids keep coming out and putting themselfs at risk after I warn them, I am going to call the cops on their parents. Because I dont want to have to go through all of the court s**t that my friend went through after his truck hit the kid. And I will have the cops talk to the kids parents, and hopefully the parents will get the message to keep their kids in while I am running my large, dangerous, 13 pound, trucks.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:49 PM
burningpoo

ORIGINAL: Anibal

ya RC cars r much more fun than kids[>:]
you must not have kids. I hated all kids untill mine was born. RC's are easier
Old 09-21-2007, 08:14 PM
megamaxx

my 2 daughters rule,they are 2 and 4,everytime i am working on or running they are right there,i cant wait to hand down some of my trucks to them
Old 09-21-2007, 08:22 PM
[email protected]

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

my 2 daughters rule,they are 2 and 4,everytime i am working on or running they are right there,i cant wait to hand down some of my trucks to them
You going to hand over the car keys to dad when they are 16. Kids are cool and they make you smile alot but some times [:@][:@] but they are a lot of fun. do your self a favor and buy a shotgun so when the boys start to come around.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Missing Pieces

^^^^^^ I got a 13 yo running the house now, and the boys are like sniffing dogs. Shoo them away, and two days later they are back, prying for attention. Boy I remember those days, dodging my girls daddy. What am I gonna do?, Clean the shot gun while I stand in front of the window. Thats what he did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.