Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:59 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

all the kids in my neighborhood are terrified of my trucks,about a month and a half ago a bunch were watching my picco26maxx powered t-maxx,which weighs in excess of 13 pounds,when a stray cat decided to run across the street,as i am coming through WOT.poor cat didnt make it.took the bumper a skid right to the head[sm=cry_smile.gif].now when i fire up,everyone leaves me alone,i guess they realize that these trucks are not toys and can do serious damage

It's not really very bright to announce a possible [link=http://www.hsus.org/web-files/PDF/felonycruelty_map.pdf]felony[/link] on a site that supports Yorkie Rescue | Humane Society at the bottom of every page...

The person who suggests hitting a child with a R/C is simply a child themselves and a detriment to the hobby. Anytime you are behind the controls of your R/C you are responsible. If you are not mature enough or have adequate facilities to accommodate these responsibilities please leave the hobby and don't destroy it for the rest of us. [&o] I run in public places all the time and it's punks with these attitudes that will remove that privilege from me. If someone is walking their dog in the park I pull it in till they pass, if someone has their kids with them I pull it in, it's not rocket science.

That is all good but I live in a city that has alot of pissed off people and don't know why they are so mad. So what do they do, *****. Kids will just run up to you and try to grab the truck and as I'm telling him not to touch the truck he got burned. The mother did not even care about her son untill he was crying that he got a burn then she started I'll sue you I was like get bent and packed up and drove off. Now I almost never go the the park if I see people I go to the woods by my work or the river and play. I will talk to anyone about monster trucks or rc stuff young or old but what I can't take is the people that are in the full time bad mood and want to bring you down with them.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

all the kids in my neighborhood are terrified of my trucks,about a month and a half ago a bunch were watching my picco26maxx powered t-maxx,which weighs in excess of 13 pounds,when a stray cat decided to run across the street,as i am coming through WOT.poor cat didnt make it.took the bumper a skid right to the head[sm=cry_smile.gif].now when i fire up,everyone leaves me alone,i guess they realize that these trucks are not toys and can do serious damage

It's not really very bright to announce a possible [link=http://www.hsus.org/web-files/PDF/felonycruelty_map.pdf]felony[/link] on a site that supports Yorkie Rescue | Humane Society at the bottom of every page...

The person who suggests hitting a child with a R/C is simply a child themselves and a detriment to the hobby. Anytime you are behind the controls of your R/C you are responsible. If you are not mature enough or have adequate facilities to accommodate these responsibilities please leave the hobby and don't destroy it for the rest of us. [&o] I run in public places all the time and it's punks with these attitudes that will remove that privilege from me. If someone is walking their dog in the park I pull it in till they pass, if someone has their kids with them I pull it in, it's not rocket science.
Amen to that. Courtesy is easy to extend, whether the other people are being courteous or not. I run down my street... and at local parks. If I see people walking by... dogs out... or cars coming, I will pull the truck over by me and wait for them to pass. It's people that aren't courteous that ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:33 AM
wildchild45177
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: Jolly Roger Pirate

Well, as this was stated by some other members, so I will clear this up for myself.

I love it when kids above the age of 13 (im 15 just so ya'll know) come out and ask reasonable questions. If I happen to be driving my RC18B, and I feel that they are mature enough, I will even let them try it out. But kids like under the age of like 12 are just brats most of the time, and they dont even care. All they want is to be annoying, stupid, and wreck stuff. I know about 5 cops, because my dad was formerly one, and I got all of them into the hobby. I think its great when I can get an adult into the hobby. I have had several instances on my street where these stupid kids ages 5-11 years will chase my truck, then walk away, and then dart into the road in front of it. I have ruined the neighbors mail box post about 3 times because of this, and my friend, was unlucky enough to have one dart out and he swerved, flipping his LST2, and it basically flipped right into this kids knees, and broke both of them, as well as breaking the left femur. But some of the stupid kids parents come out and yell at me if the kids start chasing my truck because they say I am putting them at risk. Last time the kids mom yelled at me for that, I told her, "F*** YOU!!! YOUR IDIOT KIDS JUST COME RUNNING OUT HERE, DART IN FRONT OF MY VEHICLES, AND EXPECT NOT TO GET HIT! THEY ARE DARN LUCKY THEY HAVENT YET BEEN HIT, AND THEY ARE PUTTING THEMSELVES IN DANGER, NOT ME!!" She called the cops on my, and some random cop came, and he was really nice to me and explained that I was right, and I was doing nothing wrong, and that the kids were putting themselves in danger and the mother was also by just letting them run around. But I have ended up just starting to run right after it gets dark (my nitro truck that is), because its alright around here until 10:00 pm, so I just put head lights and tail lights in my nitro truck and start running it right after dark, and the kids are in bed by then, so its makes for a much safer running environment.

Last I knew of, this was a country where every one had equal rights to public places. So the kids had as much right to be in the street as you. It's not their responsability to stay out of your way. It's your responsability to operate your truck in a safe manner, and judging from your statement above, your the one with the brat mentality. Some kids have no respect for anyone, or anything, and it sounds like your one.

Bob
Old 09-19-2007, 04:38 AM
wildchild45177
My Feedback: (11)

I agree completely. It's a good thing their are more of us, instead of more childish idiots out there.

Bob
Old 09-19-2007, 05:04 AM
ttoks

i believe fully that that the person behind the controller is responsible for where the truck go's, but if you have warned someone of the danger of mucking around with an RC vehicle, and then intentionally ignore your warnings anyway you cant be held responsible if they don't take you seriously and get hurt, if a kid runs out in front of you despite being warned, while the trucks doing 40MP/h it isn't going to stop in time, and turning will likely roll the truck as you will likely panic and over react with the steering, so it's likely that the kids gonna get hit, but, if you see children gathering around your truck you probably shouldn't keep driving it, bring it in and shut it down until the crowed moves on, where i bash i rarely get people running around after the truck, whenever i see kids there there parents are normally with them, and so far i have only run into myself, and i hope to keep it that way.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:05 AM
megamaxx

i support the humane society as well,i adopt all my animals from them.....but when some ignorant old hag collects every disease infested cat in the county that she can find,leaves them outside,unspade,uneutered,and unvacinated,to breed like roaches,thats the crime.AND ANIMAL CONTROL WILL DO NOTHING TO STOP THE DISEASED THINGS FROM BREEDING AND CREATING MORE.they are everywhere in my neighborhood.hell in my yard,on my car, in my garbage,for ****s sake there is one in my house that my wife decided see wanted to rescue,its ridiculous,to spout off the humane society sponsors this,good maybe they will get their butts out here and help these neglected animals,as far as kids, most of the time my wifes out there with my daughters,doing crowd control, when i am running balls to the wall,everyone stays behind the fence.thats the rule,if they dont listen i simply shut it down.when i come in then they can ask anything they want,even run the basher if they choose to
Old 09-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Snaut Rocket

i support the humane society as well,i adopt all my animals from them.....but when some ignorant old hag collects every disease infested cat in the county that she can find,leaves them outside,unspade,uneutered,and unvacinated,to breed like roaches,thats the crime.AND ANIMAL CONTROL WILL DO NOTHING TO STOP THE DISEASED THINGS FROM BREEDING AND CREATING MORE.they are everywhere in my neighborhood.hell in my yard,on my car, in my garbage,for ****s sake there is one in my house that my wife decided see wanted to rescue,its ridiculous,to spout off the humane society sponsors this,good maybe they will get their butts out here and help these neglected animals,as far as kids, most of the time my wifes out there with my daughters,doing crowd control, when i am running balls to the wall,everyone stays behind the fence.thats the rule,if they dont listen i simply shut it down.when i come in then they can ask anything they want,even run the basher if they choose to
Why are we talking about cats.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 AM
iamnot

id be willing to bet that most of the haters were 10yo kids out asking questions at one time
now they just look like a bunch of mean angry selfish people who dont want to be bothered sharing
its a hobby and susposed to be about fun share the joy people share the joy
Old 09-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Krashu

I don't mind people who show a genuine interest but people who are just being purposely annoying,I have no time. This happened to me recently..

I was out running my RS4 and some dodgy looking chav kid comes up and asks me all the usual questions(speed,price etc) then he asks can he have a go and I said no. 1) I had the car about 2 weeks(barely run in) 2) His mother is a well known junkie(aka druggie),he'd probably try picking it up and running away. He just didn't take the hint,he just stood there repeatedly asking for a go until I told him to **** off. That worked,kind of.. I just finished off the tank and brought it around my back garden to tidy up,clean it etc. Then the same kid decides than he'll jump up on my wall(6ft),go into my back garden and ask for another go. Needless to say,I wasn't happy at all.

Me: Get off the wall.
Kid: Make me.
Me: Oh just **** off would ya.
Kid: No.
Me: Get the **** off the wall or I'll kick you off it.
Kid: I'll "get ye kilt". (Basically he would get older chavs,20 odd yrs old,jobless,wastes of space to come bate me or even stab me..)
Me: *Approaches him with an obvious pissed off look upon my face"
Kid: *Jumps from the wall which at this point was about 7ft in height(I live on a hill) and goes running off into a rough estate..)

Now get this,that night he came back to try and steal my bike but it was locked up well so he stole my 6 yr old's sister's instead(Rawr.).. My mother then got into her car at 12pm at night to go looking for it. She was driving down a main road(2 lanes wide,cycle lane on each side,very busy road usually) and she sees the kid and his friend 'driving' up the road on the wrong side in the cycle lane on one of those pedal go karts(stolen of course). So she goes further down the road,turns around and drives into the estate where he ran away from me earlier on and finds the go kart at the side of the road and the two kids in a corner beside a ditch. She turns on her hi-beams pointing straight at them. They just froze,they couldn't do anything. So she motions to them to walk towards her.

My mother: Where's my daughters little bike? I know you robbed it.
Kids: Uhh..emm...we didn't rob it..
My mother: Yes you did,where is it?
Kids: Well emm..err there's a bike in the ditch over there it could be yours..
My mother: How convenient..Go get it and bring it back to me..
Kids: *Go get the bike and bring it back*
My mother: *Puts in he boot of her car(yes it fits in a hatchback 3 door Corolla,thank god for folding seats)* If I ever catch you near my house again I will get my son to kick the **** out of you. (I can't believe she even said that,she's cool when she wants to be haha)
Kids: *Go wandering off*

Then my mother came home and called the Guardai(Irish police force) and told them the story and the kids name. They said he was well known blah blah blah.. We later found out that the pedal go kart thing they stole belongs to one of my little brother's friends. This kid is only about 12 and he's done all this stuff. Another instead involving him and a robbed car also happened outside my house,but that's a whole different story and I've already bored yous enough..

Moral of the story:
If a little junkie,scumbag,rough,dodgy little ******* child comes up to you when you're running your R/C tell him to politely **** off before he even gets a chance to open his mouth. It'll work out better in the end.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Snaut Rocket

that is a funny story. kid gets what he desevers. Only caues he didnt have no parental guidance.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Krashu

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

that is a funny story. kid gets what he desevers. Only caues he didnt have no parental guidance.

Exactly! I've even heard stories of his mother getting him and his younger sister to go down to the jacko(a local valley/park type thing) and buy her drugs for her..Disgraceful really..
Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Snaut Rocket

Pittyful really. Poor kids never going to have a chance in life. Just going to end behind bars or knocked up pregnant to start the cycle over again.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:33 PM
burningpoo

wow...just wow...
Old 09-19-2007, 01:39 PM
[email protected]

ORIGINAL: burningpoo

wow...just wow...
you from pa take a trip to north philly you see that crap every day might even get shot.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:18 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoever took my suggestion of hitting a kid with a car seriously is a douche... Apparently I cant express my frustration without getting smart replies. So next time, learn how to take a joke.. I think we can all agree here that over 75% of eight to twelve year olds are quite annoying.. Its the parents that make it bad these days... And I blame them for raising spoiled brats that have no respect, I experience this first hand as I live about 8 blocks away from the "rich hood", its pretty sad how most of those dumb@$$es turn out depsite being brought up in constant luxury. Whatever, its only my problem when I come out with my cool toys and someone gets hurt for doing some stupid things.. I repect people, I pull my car over every time someone comes down on my block, look where that got me, some idiot just had to run my car on purpose, how should I not be frustrated, every time I drive I deal with this, I'm sorry if expressing it is soo bad now
Old 09-19-2007, 03:25 PM
HpiDrifter420

north philly is a joke..its full of retards. thats why we have the highest murder rate
Old 09-19-2007, 05:09 PM
rcnitrohead

I like Philly, went there on a school trip, seemed pretty nice. But I know its a craphole at night, from watching Cops[8D]
Old 09-19-2007, 05:50 PM
burningpoo

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

ORIGINAL: burningpoo

wow...just wow...
you from pa take a trip to north philly you see that crap every day might even get shot.

I've been there more than I've wanted to. I live in a crap hole too but I make the best out of it. The only reason I had to wow everyone because I thought more people wanted to get more people to have as much fun as we do. I do think that if someone has a question about your truck they should do what I do and wait till there tank is dry, then ask away. If there's to many kids around, go somewhere else. I'm not saying that I'm not sick of people getting in the way when I have a 16lbs truck that does 40mph. Someone could get really hurt, and there are to many kids running around with no parents in site. My 3 1/2 y/o knows better than some of these 6-12 y/o kids when it comes to fast moving objects. And if those little brats see you running your truck and come out just to get in your way that's crap and there partents should grow a pair and put them in there place. I'm all for helping people get into this sport, just not going to let them drive $1000 of my money to get there. I started cheap and so should they.

and I live 60 miles from NY and PHilly so I get the best of both worlds...I'm the stop off for the round trip to and from both most of the time.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:04 PM
rcnitrohead

+1 Poo^^ I wasnt calling the city a craphole, I meant in terms of violence and stuff, the city itself is really nice. Though, you should see my neighborhood, all the rich kids smoke weed right in front of the cops, its quite entertaining Not to mention how many kids get beat up in the park around my house[&:] I can see the love, one kid already got shot (Surprising since it usually doesnt escalate past knives) Tom.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:59 PM
str8.krooked

This thread is F'd up!!! I hit myself with my truck and it hurt pretty bad (yes, I'm a beginner). Bash your truck...not the child!!! Don't be jerks. Go out and have fun! If you don't want to draw attention get a battery powered rc truck...

WERD!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:28 PM
rcnitrohead

Battery powered, werd..........................
Old 09-19-2007, 09:31 PM
iamnot

brushless faster than nitro anyway werd
Old 09-19-2007, 10:01 PM
jimbo_98
My Feedback: (2)

at least you dont have to charge them which means i like nitro better
Old 09-20-2007, 05:13 AM
duckedup

Battery powered motor = [:'(][:'(][:'(]

Old 09-20-2007, 08:44 AM
derrick05

You guys are full of it[:@]Kids are going to be kids and they have that right.How cruel of you to expect any different.If I caught you chasing my kid,it would be headbusting timeYoure playing with a TOY.KIDS LIKE TOYS[X(]How is a little kid not going to be curious about a nice toy?If it wasnt for people like you,there would be no child abuse[:@]I have to leave this thread because I am getting more pissed by the second.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.