Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:07 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D Hitec makes or did make such a module. It was called the promotional module and the sold them for $25 early this year. I bought one and converted my Hitec Eclipse 7 to 2.4GHz as a back up to my A9. <snip></snip>
The promotionalmodule, picture attached,is no longer available.
EXPIRED:"2.4GHz Promotional Module Exchange Order Form Running April 1, 2010 through May 31, 2010. This is the offer mentioned by Jay Smith in Model Aviation Magazine. This offer is for a promotional module that is compatible with all modern Hitec module type radios as well as many Futaba™ Radios that use the FP-TP-FM series module (7U, 8U, 9C, & 9CS Radios). You send us any 72MHz Module along with this order form and $20.00 + 4.95 S&H and we will send you a 2.4GHz Module."

[manufacturers cannot satisfy everyone - those with antenna fixed to modules, irrespective of brand,complainof breakage when TX tips over backwards or are difficult to place and carry in a case.]

Alan T.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97186.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1537323  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zor - I did a quick Google Search for Hitec 2.4 module on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hitec-Spectra-2-...-/190459007243
Old 12-22-2010, 12:19 PM
juanjulian
My Feedback: (9)

Bought the module for my Futaba 9 cap and very happy, just asked Santa for the Aurora 9 so will have the Futaba for FM and Aurora for 2.4. Will like to sell my futaba 9 cap and probalby the upgrade 2.4 hitec module will do the trick.

The coax cable did not bother me and see no problem. My only complain probably is that is to much work taking out the fm antena and placing the hitec module antena speclially if you take planes in fm and 2.4. Will modify a paper clip to just clip the antena to the radio holder instead of taking out the Fm antena.

All radios looks nicer with the antena on top instead than on the back, but if you want a module to exchange between fm and 2.4 think that having a module with a fixed antena is a better design.

Fore sure Hitec can´t make averybody happy, but the majority that is cost concient yes.

Thanks hitec giving us a nice and relliable product at a very good price.

Cheers,

Juan

Old 12-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Zor
Banned

Addressed to a group of nice people in this thead,

I am seiously considering stopping posting here because I am getting nowhere.

The more I read this thread the more It is trying to confuse me.

I still have not seen a picture of this module mounted on a transmitter and clearly showing the coax - wire. That is not seen in the links that have been provided.

Then I read things like " FM versus 2.4 ". I can interpret FM as referring to the lower bands (72 Mhz, 40 Mhz and so on ) I have to suppose that is the meaning of FM in these writings.

I would appreciate that someone comes out in the open and explain that 2.4 Ghz transmitter do not transmit FM modulation (either PTM or PCM)and show what they are transmitting.

SMP, SMP2, SMSS, FASST, FHSS, DSSS, all have nothing to do with modulation.
They are all methods of controlling the carrier frequencies that carry the modulation.

I still understand that in all these cases the modulation is still FSK (Frequency Shift Keying) which is a form of Frequency Modulation used in digital modulation (as compared to analog modulation used in speech and music).

I am wide open to learn differently if well explained.

I am still hoping that someone will post a picture of this famous coax-wire. (someone referred to it as this "infamous wire" ).

I still visualize the modulation envelope being the same in all these carrier handling methods.
They all still have to end up producing at the output of the receivers the type of signal that the servos are designed to work with.

Hey folks ___enjoy Christmas Day with your family and friends.

Zor

Old 12-22-2010, 01:31 PM
JNorton

Zor,
Read Mike Maybeery post 3101 to you at the top of the page. He is a Hitec rep. Attached is the picture of the wire. It is cropped and has been posted before. Look under the crome handle for the line.

Name:	Ec88744.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1537346  
Old 12-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Jesper1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: JNorton

Zor,
Read Mike Maybeery post 3101 to you at the top of the page. He is a Hitec rep. Attached is the picture of the wire. It is cropped and has been posted before. Look under the crome handle for the line.
JN thank you.
I read all these postings many times including 3101.

So many thanks for finally seeing the coax-wire.
I do not see any zig-zag in it.
Which transmitter is this the rear of ?

The antenna is mounted where we see the long whip on lower frequency transmitters..
Does It mean that if this transmitter is switched to 72 Mhz (or lower) the case has to be opened to change the anenna ?

I do not see the antenna top but it looks like a commonly seen 2.4 Ghz antenna.

I am seriously thnking of getting an A9 and a receiver.
Can the A9 be switched to 72 Mhz with a module and ___
Does Hitec make a compatible 72 Mhz receiver ?

That could be a backup for my JRXP7202 .

Again many thanks and Merry Christmas.

Zor

Old 12-22-2010, 02:07 PM
JNorton

Zor,
It is the A9. The picture that Jesper just posted is fantastic.
John
Old 12-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: JNorton

Zor,
It is the A9. The picture that Jesper just posted is fantastic.
John
Yes ___again thanks to you and thanks to Jesper.

Observing the pictures with more details it appears that there is a whole assembly that goes from the bottom to the very top including the battery compartment at the bottom and including the antenna at the top that can be taken off and replaced by a similar unit that would include a new antenna for lower frequencies and a replacement battery pack and of course a new RF module.

If you can confirm that my deductions are correct, then I am fully happy of finally understanding how this all works.

Now I can have a Happy Christmas day .

U 2 folks.

Zor

Old 12-22-2010, 04:07 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Zor Observing the pictures with more details it appears that there is a whole assembly that goes from the bottom to the very top including the battery compartment at the bottom and including the antenna at the top that can be taken off and replaced by a similar unit that would include a new antenna for lower frequencies and a replacement battery pack and of course a new RF module.
If you can confirm that my deductions are correct, then I am fully happy of finally understanding how this all works. Zor
Spectra Module &Antenna. Picture below can be related to the rear view picture provided previous Post #3085 and acknowledged Post #3092.

Spectra 2.4 Antenna Mast Fitting 2.4Ghz mast to other than Aurora TX as well as DIY Remote mounts for single or multiple (Std & 2.4)antenna to other TX.
Spectra 2.4Ghz Antenna - Hide coaxial cable inside TX. This if not intending to ever use 72Mhz or other modules.
Many such questions already answered at:
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups,Tips.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Name:	Yw66753.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1537387  
Old 12-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Zor
Banned

A.T.

I have seen the pic you attached to post 3112 many times a long time ago.
It does not in anyway give any idea how this is installed on a converted transmitter.

I just went back to post 3085 and in the first pic on the left there is a dark curved line which is no doubt the coax but one knows that after seeing a much better pic and can make that deduction. This pic in 3085 does not show the wire ends and where they go.
So it was not possible to know when I did not know what to look for. It surely was not evident at the time.

I have asked just above if there is a removable part of the transmitter case that goes from the very bottom to the very top and includes both the battery and the antenna. If so it would automatically change the antenna as the RF module is changed.

No answer received.

Sorry I just do not know how to write my questions any better than Ido.

I rarely get clear answers to my questions or my questons are disregarded so again please forget the question.
It is not possible for me to go and look at an A9. The only LHS around here does not carry Hitec so I tried to get info in this thread. .

Thanks for trying to help.

Merry Christmas.

Zor
Old 12-22-2010, 06:20 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Zor A.T. I have seen the pic you attached to post 3112 many times a long time ago.
It does not in anyway give any idea how this is installed on a converted transmitter.
I just went back to post 3085 and in the first pic on the left there is a dark curved line which is no doubt the coax but one knows that after seeing a much better pic and can make that deduction. This pic in 3085 does not show the wire ends and where they go.
So it was not possible to know when I did not know what to look for. It surely was not evident at the time.
I have asked just above if there is a removable part of the transmitter case that goes from the very bottom to the very top and includes both the battery and the antenna. If so it would automatically change the antenna as the RF module is changed.
No answer received. Sorry I just do not know how to write my questions any better than Ido.
I rarely get clear answers to my questions or my questons are disregarded so again please forget the question.It is not possible for me to go and look at an A9. The only LHS around here does not carry Hitec so I tried to get info in this thread. . Thanks for trying to help.Merry Christmas.Zor
This question
"I have asked just above if there is a removable part of the transmitter case that goes from the very bottom to the very top and includes both the battery and the antenna " was answered Post #3108.
The picture clearly shows thecomplete rear and user removable parts of an Aurora 9 and that the battery is housed in a separate pocket with relativebattery and door visible at the side.

That picture and others is from
Aurora A9 - Transmitter Mode & Stick Tension Change.
which and more is under
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features .

also provding the answer to your question was:
"3. The dimensions of the battery compartment are 110 x 45.5 x 16 (L x W x H).
Refer pictures Aurora Battery Compartment posts #643 and #644.
Note page 13 of manual - Remove Lipol batteries and charge externally. refer:
Hitec Aurora, Eclipse, Flash, Optic, Prism series - Field and Fast Charging"

Alan T.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Zor
Banned

= Original from A.T.

This question
"I have asked just above if there is a removable part of the transmitter case that goes from the very bottom to the very top and includes both the battery and the antenna " was answered

url=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10212292]Post #3108[/url.
The line just above does not work as a URL even when the brackets are left on.
The picture clearly shows thecomplete rear and user removable parts of an Aurora 9

I suppose you are referrring to the picture in post #3108.
No doubt it shows the "user removable parts" but those parts are not obvious. It is that picture that led me to confirm that a part is removable from thevery bottom to the very top including the antenna. One cannot decide by hinself what is rmovable and what is not in that picture. I suspected that the black part comes out but I do not see what holds it in.
At the lower area where the battery would fit there is two vertical edges that are black but the horizontal part joining the two verical edges just mentioned is brownish but it appears to me to be all one piece.

Then near the top of the case on the left side right beside the black 1 there is a tab (with three small recesses) that apear as being part of the same piece as the recessed area where the RF module is located. I assumed that all that is rermovable and would come out including the antenna mount on the top.

and that the battery is housed in a separate pocket with relativebattery and door visible at the side. I see about half of a sliding cover andI see only about 1/2 of a light green item with two wires (orange and black which have apparently been cut at the end and have no connectors. It does not obviously apper as being a battery unless we know so (which you do).

That picture and others is from
Aurora A9 - Transmitter Mode & Stick Tension Change.
which and more is under
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features .
Wherever that stuff is . . . .
also provding the answer to your question was:
"3. The dimensions of the battery compartment are 110 x 45.5 x 16 (L x W x H).
Those dimesions are not important. It is obvious the battery supplied fits in.
Refer pictures Aurora Battery Compartment posts #643 and #644.
Post #644 has nothing about battery compartment. Post 643 has no picture of the battery compartment and I went to all three links and found nothing concening the battery compartment of the A9 .
Note page 13 of manual -
Sorry I cannot note page 13. I do not have a manual of the A9 .
Remove Lipol batteries and charge externally. refer:
Hitec Aurora, Eclipse, Flash, Optic, Prism series - Field and Fast Charging"

Alan T.
Alan,

I know you are really trying to help but it just does not work.
I still am not sure of what parts (area) of the back is removable.
I do not know yet if the antenna is mounted at the top on what is the same piece that is removable and would come off with the module.
I asked but still do not know if the A9 can use a 72 Mhz module and antenna As I wrote so it could be used as a backup for the JRXP7202 .

As I already said ___let us forget the subject. There is no point in carrying this on.

Just enjoy your last minute shopping. I presume that you are celebrating Christmas there in summer time. Here we are dreaming of a white Christmas (snow).

Thanks again from Zor.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:33 PM
bluzjamer

Ya forgot to mention there was probably a good hockey game on too!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: bluzjamer

Ya forgot to mention there was probably a good hockey game on too!

I do not watch commercial sports .
Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 PM
boothg-3

personally , i prefer the module and antenna the way it is
i have used a radio that the antenna is part of the module on the rear of the case
and find it much easier to damage it than the A9 antenna
when laying it down for starting the plane etc.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:04 PM
boothg-3

zor,you can remove the module and antenna from outside the radio
then install a 72 mhz module and screw in a normal metal telescopic 72 mgz antenna
the metal antenna is not supplied with the A9
Old 12-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Zor
Banned

boothg-3
Please read my red inserts below
If I am asking too many questions to find how this all work and fit together then just do not bother answering. .
Looking at a picture includes all the parts but it does not show how they are held together nor which parts are removable and how they are held together and how they connect electrically.
I cannot decide to spend another near $500.00 (approximate cost in Canada) for an A9 and receiver without knowing what I am buying. The local LHS does not carry them and I do not know anyone close by that owns one.

ORIGINAL: boothg-3

zor,you can remove the module and antenna from outside the radio

OK but that does NOT tell me if the antenna is mounted on the same piece that has the recess where the module is.
Are the antenna and module installed on the same piece that appears darker in the picture and come out all together in one piece?

How is it removed? Does it just snaps out and then snaps back in ?I do not see anyscrews holding the darker components. .

then install a 72 mhz module and screw in a normal metal telescopic 72 mgz antenna
the metal antenna is not supplied with the A9

So do we install both the 72 Mhz antenna and the module on (in)the removed piece that is away from the transmiitter and then put the whole thing back on the transmitter in one shot ?
What is holding the module in the recess ?

How are the electrical connections made to the other circuits inside the main case ?

Are pictures available making the whole thing evident ?
Example of pictures showing the removable parts actually removed ?

No doubt the attached picture show the removable parts but IT DOES NOT SHOW which of these parts in the pic are removable.
How many parts are removable ?
Is the battery recess a part by itself that can come out ? or does it come out with the rest as one piece ?
or that battery recess does not come out ?

How is the module held in its recess ?

Is the antenna mounted on the same piece that has the module recess ?
If the above is asking too much then do not bother replying.

For your info in case you ask ___by now I have spent hours going through all the details tn A.T. posting. It does not answer my questions above.
Having a picture of an item DOES NOT show how it comes apart so my questions were NOT answered as A..T. claimed they were.

Merry Christmas

Zor

Edited to verify spelling.

Name:	Vs55574.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1537557  
Old 12-23-2010, 06:57 AM
BuschBarber

Zor - RC transmitters with RF Modules have been around for many years, in the US. Before 2.4Ghz came on the scene, these modules just plugged into a socket in the back of the transmitter. The circuit board, in the module, contained the entire RF section of the radio, including the crystal. The Synthesized RF Modules, of which I sent you a picture, has Dials to allow you to change Channels.

There is usually 4 pins, inside the socket, on the back of the Tx. When you plug in the RF Module, the pins enter a connector in the back of the RF Module.

The back of the Transmitter has no Door or Cover. It just has a rectangular hole just large enough to Snap in the RF Module.

Spektrum came out with the first 2.4Ghz RF Module and it plugs into the same socket the the 72Mhz RF Modules plugged into. Since the entire RF section is included in the RF Module, the Transmitter does not care which band the RF Module is on.

Some 2.4Ghz RF Modules have antennas built in to the RF Module and some have a Coaxial Cable that runs from the RF Module to an External Antenna that sits on top of the hole where the Original Metal Antenna was screwed in.

Some RF Modules have a Threaded Stud, protruding from the back of the RF Module, where you can Screw in the 2.4 Antenna or connect a Coaxial Cable to an External Antenna.

It is as simple as that. Plug and Play the Frequency of your choice.

One difference between the XP9303, with the Spektrum RF Module, and the X9303 2.4, is that the XP9303 does not have Model Match and the XP9303 has greater Latency than the X9303 (it takes slightly longer for the servos to react after the stick is moved). This is especially important for competition Heli pilots who absolutely need that extra speed.

Some manufacturers of the newer 2.4Ghz radios have models that do not have sockets for RF Modules. The RF Section is built in to the Transmitter. The DX7 is an example. Other radio manufacturers, like Hitec, produce a Tx model that Does support RF Modules and Backward Compatibility with 72Mhz RF Modules.

After Spektrum introduced 2.4Ghz RC radios, they started offering 2.4Ghz RF Modules to convert older RC Transmitters from 72Mhz, etc., frequencies to 2.4Ghz. Futaba and many others eventually followed.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:57 AM
JIMF14D

Well probably best that you download the A9 manual from www.hitecrcd.com and then buy and A9 so you can see how good it really is.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

Well probably best that you download the A9 manual from www.hitecrcd.com and then buy and A9 so you can see how good it really is.
Jim,

Thanks for the link.
I will download the manual if I can right after I respond to BuschBarber.

Hopefully it will have some answers for me.
I have been looking for the manual and had not yet found if it is even available on the internet.

Since you know how good the A9 is, I guess you must have one. Perhaps you could have answered some of my questions. .

Wishing you and yours "All the best for the Holiday Season and the New Year 2011.

Zor
Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 AM
JIMF14D

Well I think the questions have pretty much been answered. AT has forgotten more than I will ever know about Hitec products.

Iwould say you should look at the manual, buy one or go look it in a hobby shop. The whole thing is so simple, you will pick up on it in 5 min.

You can find the manual under downloads and Aurora I think it is.

Have fun
Old 12-23-2010, 09:13 AM
JIMF14D

Why does this bring to mind the revenge of DBCISCO if you all recall the past......
Old 12-23-2010, 09:14 AM
raubold
My Feedback: (156)

Sold my Futaba 12Z and my 12FGA, purchased a A9 instead, does that tell you something ? Programming with an ease was what i am looking for and that came with the Aurora system. I like this Radio a whole lot better.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:15 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

If it's anything like where I live, I would LOVE to have a hobby shop that carried Hitec stuff in stock. They'll order it special, but they only keep a very small number of radios available, like one JR, one Spektrum, and one or two Futaba. There isn't any "go to the local shop" and look at one.

I've tried to talk the local guy into stocking an Aurora 9, but no luck yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.