Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 12:38 PM
oldfrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Hey all,

Just a single question........

Will the settings remain in my Spektrum DX6i radio if I
were to remove the batteries ?

Roger
Old 07-01-2012, 12:49 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

yes the will roger, they are fashed on the memory.
Hugh
Old 07-01-2012, 03:28 PM
oldfrog

Okay, now I'd like a new gyro,

Several people lead me to the DX6i radio...of which I'm really happy with. Now I'd
like to be guided to a GOOD GYROfor use on a HK-450.

What do you people like/use and why ?

Thank you,
Roger
Old 07-01-2012, 03:40 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hi Guys!

No flying for me for a while as I have been deployed [link=http://www.gainesville.com/article/20120628/ARTICLES/120629532]here![/link]

Due to the recent Tropical Storm Debby. I have been deployed about 2.4 hours north of where I live and rivers are at a historic high and neighborhoods are under water. The water is moving so swift that we are not even patrolling the waterways, just the land around. My team is working 12 hour shifts 7PM to 7AM. A least it is cool at night! I worked 22 hours yesterday doing security patrol. Oh well, that's my job!

Caught your vid Phil and glad you are enjoying the jet!!

All the best!

b
I wondered why you were so quiet. You take it easy out there Brian. It must be terrible to see the damage done and I hope there are no looters. Or if there are you give them what they deserve.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:54 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: oldfrog

Several people lead me to the DX6i radio...of which I'm really happy with. Now I'd

Thank you,
Roger
Depends on your budget. the HK401b was my first one and worked ok but there were issues with other people using them. www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp
You also have to do the hot glue fix on them.

Also used a LH GY520 and that was great for me. Always worked well. www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp

My GT now has an Align GP780 on it but to tell you the truth the way I fly at the moment it was a waste of money. Should have stuck with the GY520. www.hobby-wing.com/gp780-head-lock-gyro.html

Anyway thats my opinion only and others may have different ideas. My other 2 helis are FBL now and thats a whole different ball game.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:59 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Hey roger i'v got thr tryed and true futaba 401 and the hk 401b they both work great although the futaba is far more money.
also the align gp780 is a good one i got one with my trex 450 works great but for some reason it does not like my 500 so the 500 have hk401 and is solid.
I guess for the money you can't beat the 401 from hobby king But you will have to wait to get it from over seas.
These are the standrad gyros i have experence with. on thr fbl units i have a beastx and coptex, beastx is more user friendly but copterx is a lot less$$$
Hope this will help.
Hugh
Old 07-01-2012, 04:04 PM
fleetz

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hi Guys!

No flying for me for a while as I have been deployed [link=http://www.gainesville.com/article/20120628/ARTICLES/120629532]here![/link]

Due to the recent Tropical Storm Debby. I have been deployed about 2.4 hours north of where I live and rivers are at a historic high and neighborhoods are under water. The water is moving so swift that we are not even patrolling the waterways, just the land around. My team is working 12 hour shifts 7PM to 7AM. A least it is cool at night! I worked 22 hours yesterday doing security patrol. Oh well, that's my job!

Caught your vid Phil and glad you are enjoying the jet!!

All the best!

b
I wondered why you were so quiet. You take it easy out there Brian. It must be terrible to see the damage done and I hope there are no looters. Or if there are you give them what they deserve.

What Ingleburn saidtake care. Hope all the folks there are OK.........let's hope the bottom feeders don't surface. Can not come to grips with people that want to benifit from other peoples tragedy.....I would wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the law with you.....I can just imagine the blagger in the cell in the foetal position as you deliver your blather!

Keep dry and safe.

Ian

Old 07-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Edmund2

Had a successful hunting trip but did not get any flying time in as the hunt took up a lot of time. My daughter was also successful and shot an  Eland.

Driving back home yesterday afternoon I received the bad news that one of my co Air Show pilots was killed when he crashed his Aero L-39 at a show in a small mining town. Apparently he got into the wash of another jet, this whilst Danger Zone from Top Gun was playing over the speakers and we all know what happened to Goose in that movie.  He will be missed.

Edmund 
Old 07-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edmund,

That is very sad news, my condolences to you, his family and friends. These air shows do seem to carry a high degree of risk, you be careful my friend!

I have now established the reason for my Gaui X5 crash, the antenna of my DX8 had snapped and is only held on above the eblow/knuckle by one strand of the wires that surround that actual internal arial. The Spektrum distributors have confirmed that this would have been the cause and will repair or replace the DX8 without cost. I couldn't bind my little Stryker thingy yesterday as I was failing to give it an uninterupted signal from two feet away, hmmmmmm. Apparently the binding signal must be pure and free of static
The $200 repair bill for the Gaui will still be for my account!
Best,
Phil
Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 AM
aircrash

I don`t know what`s going wrong with the weather but this is not natural.
The wind blows 5-7 Beaufort for more than two moths... and it is getting worse, blowing even at very early in the morning like 6am.
Actually from January till now the wind has gone crazy.
The birds are grounded even when I have an opportunity of free time and I am very disappointed.

So I bought this car, and I hope he`s happy. I should had bought a car for me though... as I don`t see me ever flying with this wind...
And I hate RC cars... well, not as much as boats but still don`t like them much.

<hr />
Edmund, my condolences for your teammate. Take care.

<hr />
Roger, I think you can`t know for sure with those Chinese stuff. One day they are good the other not. Most of the times every different batch has a change, either to the firmware or to the PCB components. My HK401B seems it does not like many servos but it may be faulty or just a "bad" batch.
On the other hand I have got some Learderhobby GY520 and some Hobbyking GA-250 and it seems they are paired nicely with an ES9257 and a DS919MG respectively at least on the bench testing and hovering.
I would go for the GY520 + ES9257

Old 07-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Bob_Dewater

Well gang,
Yesterdays  AM  flying went off  without a hitch,   no one had any crashes !!  yay  !!
Got the rotor head n mains replaced on my lil  blade  SR, and acctually did some
nervous flying with it. Got some fwd  flight  with  some aileron turns !  yay  me !!
I took off,  buzzed around a bit,   landed,  and finished off the  battery and no crash !
Got  disoriented constantly,  but i did it.
Did some flying of the fixed wing persuation as well...
I love sundays !!

Bob

Old 07-02-2012, 09:49 AM
rikybob

Thanks all re: regards about disaster relief!

Very lucky on several levels. The disaster is only 2.5 hours from where I live. The folks affected are in a river basin and are relatively used to periodic flooding and lastly, I am working the 7PM to 7AM shift as it is 106F (w/heat index) every day!

Folks are behaving on this shift too so NO arrests to date!

The Federal agency (FEMA) that declares disasters is evaluating today and I will know today when I am heading back south!

@ Edmund - Many regards re: the passing of a friend. I feel for you!

@ Phil - Glad you have the Tx issue sorted! I would "Bill" H/H for phun anyway!

@ Spiros - I feel confident that little Spiros will enjoy the fire brigade truck!

@ Roger - Congrats on your heli accomplishments to date!!

All the best!

b

Attached Piccy is of a suspension bridge crossing a river. Normally it is over 30' above the water! CRAZY!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61851.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	1777855  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
oldfrog

Gyro search,

I've also been looking at the Spartan Quark gyro, but it seems
complicated. Has anyone used this one ?

I searched all of everyone's gyro input thus far and starting to
get an idea of what people are liking so far.

Futaba 401 and/or the GY520 are standing out at this time.

Roger
Old 07-02-2012, 01:41 PM
sgbfly

Thank you,
Roger
Hi Roger,

A few suggestions.

If you want the best then go for the Spartan Quark. I have one and it's way ahead of every other gyro I had but it's $75

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10484

If you want to take a bit of a gamble the Hobbymate HB790 is a bit of a copy of the above according to this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1605701

It's a bit cheaper at $40

http://www.hobbycool.com/hobbymate-h...yro-p-123.html

Of the cheaper gyros (less than $20) I prefered the Leadershobby GY-520.

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001220733

If you look on eBay you can sometimes find a good price for the LH-GY520. Spiros is the man for that!

Simon

Old 07-02-2012, 01:43 PM
sgbfly

Gyro search,

I've also been looking at the Spartan Quark gyro, but it seems
complicated. Has anyone used this one ?

I searched all of everyone's gyro input thus far and starting to
get an idea of what people are liking so far.

Futaba 401 and/or the GY520 are standing out at this time.

Roger
Lol, we have cross posted.

Seriously, if you are happy to spend the cash, get the Quark!

It is easier to setup than the LH-520, GA250 etc etc

S

Old 07-02-2012, 02:53 PM
oldfrog

@ Simon,

Thank you, I read every review at Hobbyking on the Quark and
seen that it's also plug and play. Someone mentioned that
Finless Bob demonstrates setting it up, so I'll check that out
too.

Roger

Old 07-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Ddaddy

Hi Everyone [8D]

Condolences on the loss of a friend Edmund []

Ken
Old 07-02-2012, 03:15 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Hi Everyone [8D]

Condolences on the loss of a friend Edmund []

Ken
Welcome back Ken! 'Bout damn time!

B
Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Ddaddy

Welcome back Ken! 'Bout damn time!

B
I'll say! A bit overdue actually! Love the helpful vids you guys are making

Many thanks for the welcome back

Ken

Old 07-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Edmund2

Thank you guys for the condolences. He was a great pilot and I always felt safe with him on a the wing in formation.

We still have the most perfect weather out here for the last two weeks with mild morning temparatures going up to 26 Celcius and hardly any wind. Now that is in mid  winter. Totally unheard of this time of the year. Usually school holidays this time of year to keep the kids at home and out of the cold. I was wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts over the weekend. Only donned a jacked late on Saturday evening.

Anyway enjoy your flights should you get the opportunity do do so.

Edmund
Old 07-03-2012, 01:22 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Edmund2
Thank you guys for the condolences. He was a great pilot and I always felt safe with him on a the wing in formation.
We still have the most perfect weather out here for the last two weeks with mild morning temparatures going up to 26 Celcius and hardly any wind. Now that is in mid winter. Totally unheard of this time of the year. Usually school holidays this time of year to keep the kids at home and out of the old. I was wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts over the weekend. Only donned a jacked late on Saturday evening.
Edmund
Firstly, @Edmund2, thoughts are with you and your friends family, sad indeed.

@Brian - Hope that water is receeding and you can go back to normal routine (including stick time + blather).

@Phil - That Mig looks like a heap of fun and it sounds awesome. Good news on your tx as well.

Now to todays disaster. Unfortunately Icrashed the GT at lunch time on my second battery. I made the dumbest friggin mistake ever...I'm still fuming like the not happy jan woman from the yellow pages ad. OK, here's what Idid.... after taking off and going into forward flight about 2 feet off the ground Ihit the throttle hold instead of the idle up switch. Gutted.

My three brand new ds415 servos all have stripped gears and the brand new align CF blades are gone as well. Also the tail shaft, main shaft and feathing shaft, skids, head links, tail boom... it's pretty well rooted. Might just take the servos out and drop it in the bin.

Ihad a workmate with me at the time and i'm not sure if Igot distracted or what but it wasn't pretty. He bought an mcpx and was playing with that (unsuccessfully) so he wanted me to have a go to make sure it would actually fly. Sure, I'll have a go. It's got an RTF mode 2 controller and I fly mode 1 lol. Managed to hover it ok but that's about it.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Edmund2

ORIGINAL: ahamay

We still have the most perfect weather out here for the last two weeks with mild morning temparatures going up to 26 Celcius and hardly any wind. Now that is in mid winter. Totally unheard of this time of the year. Usually school holidays this time of year to keep the kids at home and out of the old. I was wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts over the weekend. Only donned a jacked late on Saturday evening.
Edmund

@Brian - Hope that water is receeding and you can go back to normal routine (including stick time + blather).

@Phil - That Mig looks like a heap of fun and it sounds awesome. Good news on your tx as well.

Now to todays disaster. Unfortunately Icrashed the GT at lunch time on my second battery. I made the dumbest friggin mistake ever...I'm still fuming like the not happy jan woman from the yellow pages ad. OK, here's what Idid.... after taking off and going into forward flight about 2 feet off the ground Ihit the throttle hold instead of the idle up switch. Gutted.

My three brand new ds415 servos all have stripped gears and the brand new align CF blades are gone as well. Also the tail shaft, main shaft and feathing shaft, skids, head links, tail boom... it's pretty well rooted. Might just take the servos out and drop it in the bin.

Ihad a workmate with me at the time and i'm not sure if Igot distracted or what but it wasn't pretty. He bought an mcpx and was playing with that (unsuccessfully) so he wanted me to have a go to make sure it would actually fly. Sure, I'll have a go. It's got an RTF mode 2 controller and I fly mode 1 lol. Managed to hover it ok but that's about it.

See you ar eon-line. Please advise the time in Aus ATM. Have a potential work related timing difference problem coming up on Friday thatI need to prevent from causinghappening.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:25 AM
ahamay

Edmund

See you ar eon-line. Please advise the time in Aus ATM. Have a potential work related timing difference problem coming up on Friday thatI need to prevent from causinghappening.
It' about 8:30pm here as of this post. Australian Eastern Time.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:56 AM
ingleburn

Edmund

Sorry to hear Jonesy. Its amazing how much damage you can do from such a low height. I know you like the pro but if you want another GT why not get a Tarot Sport. www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-v3-rc-helicopter-kitshaft-driven-edition-p-60789.html
Quick question. Why do you wait till in the air to go to IU. I just flick it over before I take off.
No stick time for me on the weekend but hope the weather stays fine for the next one.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:21 AM
rikybob

@ All - Thanx for all the Wx well wishes! The river is receding and we will be released this coming Saturday am!

@ Jonesy - Soooooooo gutted for ya. You and I had a similar event outcome! I really thought about the virtues of canning the GT and do the Tarot Sport thang but seriously, my skills don't require and I have all the parts/pieces for the GT and don't want to start supporting another platform!

I don't recall but I think you have a DX7?? I moved my TH to the upper right on my for my right index finger like on my DX6i. As for IU1, I have to agree, my preference is to do it on the ground. As for my 500 it has such a lovely soft start I start it in IU1!

Yah, I really, really hate it when I have such a nice running bird and have to endure the 6 hour rebuild and 1 hour trimming deal. That MAY be why I am settled at my skill level and trying to embrace the scale side of the hobby???

The really fun, crazy stuff I like to do with the MCP X as it's BULLET proof!

Time to sleep and all the BEST!

b

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.