Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 AM
rologti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: rologti

What's wrong with HPI?....they take about 2 months to do anything....(or more)....

Im very disappointed realize that their customer support and post sales service is so bad....

That isn't true. I had the Flux ESC in my Savage Flux HP go out and it was exactly two weeks from the time I sent it in to the time I got the new one back. Also you have to remember that there were a lot of ESC's that smoked when the Savage XS came out, so maybe they are making sure to have all the issues fixed before they sent out the new ones.
Maybe you are right (in the case of the HP), but in the case of the XS...I have read about smoked ESC that goes to HPI, after a week (or in some cases months) they send a new one....and somke again.....Would this be a CC problem, or a problem in the specs that HPI asked for???....Anyway....the intention is not to make a mess of this.....just my opinion
Old 05-22-2012, 08:48 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

What's wrong with HPI?....they take about 2 months to do anything....(or more)....

Im very disappointed realize that their customer support and post sales service is so bad....

That isn't true. I had the Flux ESC in my Savage Flux HP go out and it was exactly two weeks from the time I sent it in to the time I got the new one back. Also you have to remember that there were a lot of ESC's that smoked when the Savage XS came out, so maybe they are making sure to have all the issues fixed before they sent out the new ones.
Maybe you are right (in the case of the HP), but in the case of the XS...I have read about smoked ESC that goes to HPI, after a week (or in some cases months) they send a new one....and somke again.....Would this be a CC problem, or a problem in the specs that HPI asked for???....Anyway....the intention is not to make a mess of this.....just my opinion
I believe the problem lies with the specs that HPI gave Castle. I have talked to several people at Castle and they all have said the same thing that they produced the ESC's to HPI's specs and so the problem lies with HPI. My son and I are still running the original ESC's in our XS's with out any issues but I am waiting to see if one will finally puff the smoke..
Old 05-22-2012, 10:00 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

I just called HPI and they said that the new batch of speed controls will be in at the end of this week. Not quite sure if I can believe that. I have heard that before. If it's true, awesome! If not, damn []. So if they are in by the end of this week, I can expect to see my ESC by the end of next week?? Maybe that's when my Castle Sidewinder SCT will be in stock as well. That way, I can install the new Castle system and sell the Flux system to my buddy for $100.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:14 PM
fastgreen350

U should tell them u want a qbase esc for waiting sooooo long. Supposed to be a much better on e than the vapor pro, I think I talked to Luke or Lucas and he got me set up with the q base.

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

I just called HPI and they said that the new batch of speed controls will be in at the end of this week. Not quite sure if I can believe that. I have heard that before. If it's true, awesome! If not, damn []. So if they are in by the end of this week, I can expect to see my ESC by the end of next week?? Maybe that's when my Castle Sidewinder SCT will be in stock as well. That way, I can install the new Castle system and sell the Flux system to my buddy for $100.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:00 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: fastgreen350

U should tell them u want a qbase esc for waiting sooooo long. Supposed to be a much better on e than the vapor pro, I think I talked to Luke or Lucas and he got me set up with the q base.

How would I go about that though? Me personally am not that demanding. I cant see myself saying "hey, since I had to wait so long, I want a qbase instead of the vapor pro esc." Usually im pretty patient lol
Old 05-23-2012, 04:21 AM
Elcee

"Hello I'd like to talk with a Customer Serrvice Manager please" < This is a *very* important first step. Don't skip it.
"Iam displeased with the level of service I've received from your department. I buy HPI products based on the strength of your Customer Service, which Iwas led to believe was among the best in the industry. This doesn't reflect the reality I've witnessed; not only did you ship the XS with a substandard part that cannot handle the level of power you recommend but its now been x weeks and you still haven't been able to supply me with the parts I need to enjoy a working truck. Idon't feel thatyou treated me with the curtesy and respect Ideserve as a loyal HPI fanand Iwant to know what you are prepared to offer to compensate me for the appalling standard of service I've received, especially with respect to your ESC being Unfit for Purpose"

When that fails, re-jog it slightly with a focus on "Not fit for Purpose" the delays you've experienced, the lack of information received from Customer Support about how long a replacement would take, mention if you'd known it would be x weeks you'd have demanded a refund, then post it old school to the most senior HPIname you can find on the net.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:36 AM
cumminspower5.9

LOL I'll have to give that a shot. Now before I go calling them and giving them "a piece of my mind", is the Q-BaseESC even in stock? Because I'm not going to demand it if it isn't even available. That would amke me look silly haha and also how much better is the qbase than the vapor pro? if im thinking right, isn't it just an HPI baded MMP esc?

Old 05-23-2012, 08:08 AM
rologti

LOL I'll have to give that a shot. Now before I go calling them and giving them ''a piece of my mind'', is the Q-Base ESC even in stock? Because I'm not going to demand it if it isn't even available. That would amke me look silly haha and also how much better is the qbase than the vapor pro? if im thinking right, isn't it just an HPI baded MMP esc?

LOL

Go for a try...it will just cost you the call and it would be nice to know whats the HPI answer to that problem

Part of my job is Customer Experience, and I would love to know what would be the position of the company in that case!!!!...

P.S. The rubicon looks great!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:20 AM
cumminspower5.9

Well I called HPI and asked to speak with the manager on shift. of course they have to ask what its regarding. so i told him the flux vapor pro esc. the guy (scott) says "oh, well we actually just got a shipment in today and we are looking to get a lot shipped out this week". he asked for info (zip code, ref. #) so i gave it to him. he says there is a lot of people waiting so he has no clue where I am on the list. I asked instead of the flux vapor, i think i should get a qbase instead of the vapor pro since i have been waiting about 3 months already. he says "well. sir since we got a shipment in, you can call friday to see if we have sent one to you out of that shipment" rather than arguing the topic, he immediately skipped over my request. he also said if we dont have one shipped to you by friday, call the manager. your damn right ill call the manager. ill see whats up friday. before you release a new truck and badge someone else's speed controls, do extensive testing with your specs so this crap doesnt happen HPI!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:51 AM
rologti

Well I called HPI and asked to speak with the manager on shift. of course they have to ask what its regarding. so i told him the flux vapor pro esc. the guy (scott) says ''oh, well we actually just got a shipment in today and we are looking to get a lot shipped out this week''. he asked for info (zip code, ref. #) so i gave it to him. he says there is a lot of people waiting so he has no clue where I am on the list. I asked instead of the flux vapor, i think i should get a qbase instead of the vapor pro since i have been waiting about 3 months already. he says ''well. sir since we got a shipment in, you can call friday to see if we have sent one to you out of that shipment'' rather than arguing the topic, he immediately skipped over my request. he also said if we dont have one shipped to you by friday, call the manager. your damn right ill call the manager. ill see whats up friday. before you release a new truck and badge someone else's speed controls, do extensive testing with your specs so this crap doesnt happen HPI!
Off topic first...cumminsppower5.9 (think that's the diesel engine for the ram 2500)...and a picture of a supra....that would be....that big 6 in line engine inside the hood of a supra???...just wondering....

Back to the topic...

About your call....that guy...talk to him on friday...and if you esc is not shipped, ask for the manager....and don't ask in the first instance for something...just say or ask for a compensation or some sort of special treatment due the time that you had been waiting....and then just negotiate something....

Good luck...and let me know on friday how it goes..please!!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:58 AM
cumminspower5.9

Well I called HPI and asked to speak with the manager on shift. of course they have to ask what its regarding. so i told him the flux vapor pro esc. the guy (scott) says ''oh, well we actually just got a shipment in today and we are looking to get a lot shipped out this week''. he asked for info (zip code, ref. #) so i gave it to him. he says there is a lot of people waiting so he has no clue where I am on the list. I asked instead of the flux vapor, i think i should get a qbase instead of the vapor pro since i have been waiting about 3 months already. he says ''well. sir since we got a shipment in, you can call friday to see if we have sent one to you out of that shipment'' rather than arguing the topic, he immediately skipped over my request. he also said if we dont have one shipped to you by friday, call the manager. your damn right ill call the manager. ill see whats up friday.before you release a new truck and badge someone else's speed controls, do extensive testing with your specs so this crap doesnt happen HPI!
Off topic first...cumminsppower5.9 (think that's the diesel engine for the ram 2500)...and a picture of a supra....that would be....that big 6 in line engine inside the hood of a supra???...just wondering....

Back to the topic...

About your call....that guy...talk to him on friday...and if you esc is not shipped, ask for the manager....and don't ask in the first instance for something...just say or ask for a compensation or some sort of special treatment due the time that you had been waiting....and then just negotiate something....

Good luck...and let me know on friday how it goes..please!!

lol Yes the straight 6 diesel is in the ram and the supra has a straight 6 (gas) as well. my favorite car, favorite engine (cummins).

but yea ill give them a call friday. see where i can get some sort of assistance from the long wait.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:36 PM
fastgreen350

Thats bs they did that to ya. I wasnt demanding when i asked if I could upgrade to the q base just said since I am having so may problems with the vapor pro would they upgrade me and I will pay the difference.  THe guy I talked to said sure and when I asked him how much he said dont worry about it.  I was very polite when I asked about the upgrade, u just have to approach it the right way. 

And the guy you talked to didnt even let u talk to the manager thats kinda stupid, they cant just shrug u off and keep feeding people lies.  Also the q base should be in stock beings I just received mine a few days ago.  Hope they get ya fixed up either way though.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:07 AM
cumminspower5.9

Well I will give them a call tomorrow and check if they sent one out. If not, then I want to speak to the manager. It is at that point I will request a qbase yet again. If no luck, it is what it is. Besides if the Vapor Pro goes up in smoke again, i'll just send that in again to get it replaced lol. it'll be a constant circle till im satisfied
Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 PM
fastgreen350

Heres an esc for reasonable if someone is looking for one to replace the Vapor pro

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230796810241...84.m1558.l2649

Old 05-25-2012, 07:43 AM
cumminspower5.9

Well I called HPI and asked to speak with the manager on shift. of course they have to ask what its regarding. so i told him the flux vapor pro esc. the guy (scott) says "oh, well we actually just got a shipment in today and we are looking to get a lot shipped out this week". he asked for info (zip code, ref. #) so i gave it to him. he says there is a lot of people waiting so he has no clue where I am on the list. I asked instead of the flux vapor, i think i should get a qbase instead of the vapor pro since i have been waiting about 3 months already. he says "well. sir since we got a shipment in, you can call friday to see if we have sent one to you out of that shipment" rather than arguing the topic, he immediately skipped over my request. he also said if we dont have one shipped to you by friday, call the manager. your damn right ill call the manager. ill see whats up friday.before you release a new truck and badge someone else's speed controls, do extensive testing with your specs so this crap doesnt happen HPI!
well the above post about the call toHPIon wednesday of this week. now an update from today. I called and spoke to Louis. Now this guy says they don't even have a shipment in a will not be getting one till late next week. the guyi talked to on wednesday said a shipment was in, and that they were shipping out replacements friday and i would possibly have a tracking number! this is getting out of control and their customer service is a joke. i have better customer service at mcdonalds. and every time I call they will not connect me to a manager. does anyone know of a way to get a hold of a manager, whether its via email or phone? i've got a bone to pick with that person and let them know they are ruining their reputation in the hobby.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:53 AM
rologti

Well I called HPI and asked to speak with the manager on shift. of course they have to ask what its regarding. so i told him the flux vapor pro esc. the guy (scott) says ''oh, well we actually just got a shipment in today and we are looking to get a lot shipped out this week''. he asked for info (zip code, ref. #) so i gave it to him. he says there is a lot of people waiting so he has no clue where I am on the list. I asked instead of the flux vapor, i think i should get a qbase instead of the vapor pro since i have been waiting about 3 months already. he says ''well. sir since we got a shipment in, you can call friday to see if we have sent one to you out of that shipment'' rather than arguing the topic, he immediately skipped over my request. he also said if we dont have one shipped to you by friday, call the manager. your damn right ill call the manager. ill see whats up friday. before you release a new truck and badge someone else's speed controls, do extensive testing with your specs so this crap doesnt happen HPI!
well the above post about the call to HPI on wednesday of this week. now an update from today. I called and spoke to Louis. Now this guy says they don't even have a shipment in a will not be getting one till late next week. the guy i talked to on wednesday said a shipment was in, and that they were shipping out replacements friday and i would possibly have a tracking number! this is getting out of control and their customer service is a joke. i have better customer service at mcdonalds. and every time I call they will not connect me to a manager. does anyone know of a way to get a hold of a manager, whether its via email or phone? i've got a bone to pick with that person and let them know they are ruining their reputation in the hobby.
Can't beleive that!!!!!

I could handle delays, but when someone lies to me I have problems to be polite......

As a customer experience manager I can see how everything is loosing control....maybe they have a huge backlog...but the best way to keep happy customers is to tell the truth...they should work out a compensation plan (I don't know...something like a wheelie bar, a disccount code or something).....

Also...get in mind that the XS is arround 276 and the SS is 220....compared to the other HPI products....the XS is a baby and probably they would not give too much time and efforts to them....

I'm sad about this...I live in other country, but I had always look USA like the kindom of a great customer service....well...seems that always are some exeptions

Let us know how everything gets solved....

Old 05-25-2012, 08:14 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the above post about the call to HPI on wednesday of this week. now an update from today. I called and spoke to Louis. Now this guy says they don't even have a shipment in a will not be getting one till late next week. the guy i talked to on wednesday said a shipment was in, and that they were shipping out replacements friday and i would possibly have a tracking number! this is getting out of control and their customer service is a joke. i have better customer service at mcdonalds. and every time I call they will not connect me to a manager. does anyone know of a way to get a hold of a manager, whether its via email or phone? i've got a bone to pick with that person and let them know they are ruining their reputation in the hobby.

I would have to disagree with you on comparing HPI customer service to McDonalds. McDonalds usually 2 out of every 3 orders I place because they have people that don't understand English working the window.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 AM
cumminspower5.9

But atleast they dont lie about something they have or dont have. this is just coming down to HPI saving their own as*. the guy i talked to today made it sound like I was lying to him about what the guy said wednesday about shipping esc's out friday. calling a customer a "liar" is a big no-no.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:23 AM
fastgreen350

Just demand that u speak to a manager,  dont even tell them what its about just say hey I want a manger to discuss an on going issue and if they say some bs tell them u will hold till u get someone that can actually do something for ya.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:10 AM
rologti

But atleast they dont lie about something they have or dont have. this is just coming down to HPI saving their own as*. the guy i talked to today made it sound like I was lying to him about what the guy said wednesday about shipping esc's out friday. calling a customer a ''liar'' is a big no-no.
I sent you a PM...let me know how it goes....

If someone work..call asking the one that work at 949-753-1099
Old 05-29-2012, 08:35 AM
cumminspower5.9

Just wondering how everyones replcament esc's have been holding up?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:38 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has been holding up fantastic..... ina lighter car and on 2S LOL
Old 05-29-2012, 09:11 AM
cumminspower5.9

lol thanks billy. but im looking for someone who has it in the flux xs lol. glad to hear yours is runnign ok tho
Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM
fastgreen350

Well I got my replacement vapor pro and it was defective out of the box wouldnt even power on if that helps.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM
cumminspower5.9

Well HPI said they sent out my ESC yesterday, and they gave me a tracking number, but it's the same as the tracking numer was for the mount. I also bought a Castle Sidewinder SV2 as a back up pretty much. So i'm hoping the replacement ESC will hold up. Either that or I'll sell it to my father in-law for his sons Stampede.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.