RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

hghflyrjd1 04-05-2010 09:44 AM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

ORIGINAL: Topplayer

http://www.canyonhobbies.com/Product...GM&click=62061

hmmm<br type=''_moz''/>

Hmmm is right, Alil plain but worth taking a look at em.

z33guru 04-05-2010 09:45 AM

tighten all the way down then back off about 1/2 to 3/4 turn from there.

hghflyrjd1 04-05-2010 09:47 AM

damn i thought if u went to tight THEN it would burn it out? I knew it needs to be tight but WOW that tight?

brianjskora 04-05-2010 09:49 AM

All the way is too tight. It says in the owners manual I think, but I think you said you had a center diff and I know those directions tell you. I want to say 3/4 turn back out from all the way tight, but not sure.

EDIT: sorry, didnt see it had already been answered</p>

hghflyrjd1 04-05-2010 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: brianjskora

All the way is too tight. It says in the owners manual I think, but I think you said you had a center diff and I know those directions tell you. I want to say 3/4 turn back out from all the way tight, but not sure.

EDIT: sorry, didnt see it had already been answered</p>
i didnt add the center diff yet BUT im going to the LHS to grab another slipper set up and im gonna see in alil bit.It seemed fine running it for alilk bit some wheelies and stuff high spped rund then i notced it was getting harder to pop up and mins fater that SPIIIIIIIN.So i guess as u run it IF its to loose it will loosen to much? BNOT a problem just a set back..Gotta go drop 8 bucks again lol

Summa 04-05-2010 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)

I havent been on these forums all weekend long and this is why.!!

(Had my buddy bring his tractor to flaten my back yard and move some dirt http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/punching.gif</p>

Summa 04-05-2010 11:41 AM

Here is a quick lap right after the track was complete.. still have alot of dirt to put in and adjustments on the jumps...

[youtube]&lt;object width="480" height="385"&gt;&lt;param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULqvyR4aU4c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x234 900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00"&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULqvyR4aU4c...olor2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;[/youtube]

brianjskora 04-05-2010 12:04 PM

goin to race at Summa's track tonight ^^^ perhaps your woman will take video's summa! I'll bring camera

Summa 04-05-2010 12:21 PM

Yeah bring the camera.!! She will love to take videos.. now we need a tri-pod and ill build a little plat form on the roof of the garage and get a big over head view video

AL3xGR 04-05-2010 12:22 PM

Nice track

hghflyrjd1 04-05-2010 12:27 PM

Oh man Lucky you..Looks real good.I see alot of fun on that track.Right in your own back yard.

Summa 04-05-2010 12:34 PM

Thanks - Yeah just wait till I get another big dump truck of dirt and put it on the track and fix those jumps.. if anybody is in richmond or around the area, come on and lets schedule a big race day.!!!

hghflyrjd1 04-05-2010 02:22 PM

I wish i was in your area im in Rhode Island..Not many tracks period around but there is a city park that actually has a RC dedicated city funded track.No BMX etc.Still 30 mins away though

AL3xGR 04-05-2010 02:33 PM

You (the most of you..) have a track...even 30mins away...</p>

hghflyrjd1 04-05-2010 02:37 PM

Im not willing to drive that far for a track cause im not all that into RACEING but IF i had one like that at a friends of family members or at home then ied be up for it all the time.[8D]

brianjskora 04-05-2010 02:42 PM

I use to drive 40 minutes to work! I wish I had a real track 30 mins away!

hghflyrjd1 04-05-2010 02:47 PM

Work is different.I can set up some portable skateboard ramps here on my property,But couldn't get the OK from the wife to do an AWESOME track, god forbid no more flowers and entertaining.

AL3xGR 04-05-2010 02:58 PM

I said "even the time to go is 30 mins" because in my country there aren't many tracks.The nearest for me is 1.5 hrs...(but its dangerous track)

coreysumma 04-05-2010 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah, they got me into this! My brother Summa and his buddy Skora. Best thing is they did all the trial and error process for me haha. Gotta a lil while before Icatch up to em though, still a rookie on the track. Next purchase will be a 2.4ghz remote, gotta get rid of that damn antenna!

AL3xGR 04-05-2010 03:15 PM

Spektrum?(prefered..)

Summa 04-05-2010 03:36 PM

Theres lil bro.!! Id defently go with the Futaba 2.4ghz , feels great in the hand and has a ton of adjustments that you can do and it has a LCD screen to see what your doing.

wheelextensions 04-05-2010 04:42 PM

Mini Revo with 1" x 12mm Hex wheel extensions.

scott36 04-05-2010 07:12 PM

I need a favor from some one with the Mini e revo.
can you measure the size of the receiver so i know if the one i have will work from my FM radio.
thanks all

z33guru 04-05-2010 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Summa

Theres lil bro.!! Id defently go with the Futaba 2.4ghz , feels great in the hand and has a ton of adjustments that you can do and it has a LCD screen to see what your doing.
Yeah, get futaba or even the traxxas link radios. Stay away from the spektrum stuff. It's hit or miss whether you get a good one with that. I went from spektrum back to the traxxas link, since I have tons of cars and traxxas link is the cheapest with the cheapest rx and has all the main features of the big radios minus the screen which you really don't need. It makes it easier to adjust things but once you get them set you really don't need to mess with it much.
Something to consider:
Base reciever prices:

Traxxas Link 5ch $30
Spektrum 3ch - $50
Futaba $70

When you have 7 or 8 RCs like me, the reciever costs start to add up fast.

hghflyrjd1 04-05-2010 10:17 PM

OK so what horns are u guys using on your on your servo and then that lil linkage bar what are u using it that spot Stock stuff.? The stock horn wont fit the hitec servo so i used one of there's and had to trim a piece off but i don't get good travel in one direction gets kinda bound up