RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

hghflyrjd1 04-09-2010 03:36 PM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

greesed the gears never even jumped it yet.and i have the new diffs and stuff coming

scott36 04-09-2010 05:11 PM

OK folks i just picked up a mini e revo brushless unit, ran a few packs so far and waiting on a 2nd battery pack. now my question is that the revo came with a different pinion gear to use with using 2 battery pack. why do i need to use the new pinion gear. i dont care if i go 50 mph just want to bash around. thanks

scott36 04-09-2010 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my Mini e rev . added so far new tires and rims.
rims are hpi super star.
tires are proling bowties.

gforce2148 04-10-2010 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Frustrated....

Finally got to run my Merv for the first time in 2 weeks due to bad weather. Went to the local track today, got about half way through a set of batteries when my Merv started driving sideways. Drove it to myself and found the left reartie-rod had a broken end. So much for these Traxxas aluminum rods being upgrades...the right rear has a rod end that has disformed as well. The stock ones never broke! Granted the upgraded rods reduce slop in the suspension but they also are becoming a headache. As far as I know you can't just buy the rod ends. Which means buying another $20 set of aluminum rods just to replace the plastic end. :(

My frustration has lead me to start thinking of trade or sale. lol Anyone out there have a 1/10 Traxxas Slash 4x4 or 1/10 Axial SCX10 TR??? Anyone....anyone???

J0EC00L 04-10-2010 09:33 PM

G force...

Contact traxxas, let them know this is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. You paid 50$ bones for an upgrade that they "recommend" and it obviously has its flaws... i'll check mine to make sure next time too. I think they are undergoing some new modifications to make that stronger. For the time being, i'd say throw the stockers back on at the rear.

The front is the most important, for tighter turning.

aside from that - do not get rid of it! You've already invested twice its value, may want to keep that one around!

:)

Joe

1fastsob 04-11-2010 01:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i know this is the merv forum but the official slash forum sucks lol just wanted to share a pic of my truck after todays bash session at the local track..i beat the s*** out of the thing and all i broke was one upper arm!!

J0EC00L 04-11-2010 02:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
you lucky sob... :)

Nice muddy pics! We are always welcome to the ba5T@rd step child of the MERV - Kidding!

The slash and Merv are the same, except for a few minor suspension components... everything else is interchangeable.

So, after finally getting my BERV or EREVBE as i've seen it typed before; i once again realized how awesome these Traxxas R/C's truly are. The BERV is extremely detailed with many available suspension adjustments we could only wish for on the MERV

Also, it's about 3 times heavier!

Take a look at the MERV jealous of his big brother :)

p.s. in case anyone asks, those tires are pro-line badlands mounted on maximzer beadlocks.

brianjskora 04-11-2010 06:19 AM

Lookin good Joe- Go gators!

honda2237 04-11-2010 06:36 AM

i love the badland tires, i wish they made them for the merv. i haven't drove mine in a while, just been really busy and there isn't really any places that i can run it besides my drive way, i am thinking about selling it and getting a 1/10th scale because of my location.

J0EC00L 04-11-2010 12:55 PM

Yeah, Go-Gators - though we lost the second Jesus, i think we'll actually have more production this year, since everyone on the field won't be keyed onto ole number 15 anymore.

The badlands are just that! Bad@55! I can't wait to finish the body for it. I will have twin V-Dubs; just one is Arnold and the other is Danny Devito! :)

Joe

DettaSCT 04-11-2010 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: 1fastsob

i know this is the merv forum but the official slash forum sucks lol just wanted to share a pic of my truck after todays bash session at the local track..i beat the s*** out of the thing and all i broke was one upper arm!!

where does the mud stop?

I always try to resist the urge to run anything where there's more cleaning-time involved than there was the amount of fun-time had as a result of.

DettaSCT 04-11-2010 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

p.s. in case anyone asks, those tires are pro-line badlands mounted on maximzer beadlocks.
never trust anyone in a FL jersey, or any RCer that has a Gator pitmat ... "Gig the Gators"... lol

gforce2148 04-11-2010 04:51 PM

Nice looking twins Joecool! I can't wait to see your full size Bug body. I like the Proline Bug Baja body for the Merv, thinking of getting one.

Okay, I just installed the rear stock tie rods for now. That will get me up and running again. I could easily put another $100 in upgrades into my Merv, or do I put that towards another R/C? Hmmm...

Yep, Tebow is off to the NFL to be a career benchwarmer. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif Gators http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...humbs_down.gif

Boise State #1!!!!!

rbh261 04-11-2010 07:48 PM

Check this out. http://www.rccaraction.com/ME2/dirmo...BA37647E1E6BA6

brianjskora 04-11-2010 08:36 PM

I want those arms. Where can you buy them???

rbh261 04-11-2010 08:38 PM

You can backorder them from Tower Hobbies right now, but they require you to backorder 2 sets. Don't know why, but that's what it said when I ordered mine.

brianjskora 04-11-2010 08:41 PM

what part number? i tried 7132r

rbh261 04-11-2010 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: brianjskora

what part number? i tried 7132r

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FVSEARCH=7132x

brianjskora 04-11-2010 08:57 PM

Thanks!

hghflyrjd1 04-11-2010 08:57 PM

Traxxas will send u out new parts anytime just call em tell em "oh i thought these were "upgrades" and they will kick in for sure".

Nice BERV im gonna get one of those next month after i get my new brake kit for my AVALON

gforce2148 04-11-2010 09:17 PM

I fired off an email today to Traxxas about the aluminum toe link upgrades breaking. You can only call M-F, so if I don't get a reply email back I will give them a call this week.

DettaSCT 04-11-2010 11:38 PM

ORIGINAL: gforce2148

I fired off an email today to Traxxas about the aluminum toe link upgrades breaking. You can only call M-F, so if I don't get a reply email back I will give them a call this week.

Aluminum has never been considered something unbreakable.

k20man 04-12-2010 12:09 AM

hi guys, I have my mini e revo for bashing only, now I want to take it to the track with my losi 8ight 2.0 buggy and truggy, I havent seen many peaple in the track with this wonder why? but anyways, I want to do it, I need some one to help me to tell me what parts, upgrades, wheels tires, suspention and what ever have to be done to make it into a off road track mini revo. thanks

gforce2148 04-12-2010 12:36 AM

Its not the aluminum rod part that is breaking. It's the plastic ends they have on them. They disform and/or break easy during normal usage.

I did see on Ebay some HR toe links that were completely aluminum, even the ends. Has anyone tried these out?

J0EC00L 04-12-2010 12:38 AM

Lots of gator haters... But I'm used to it.

Anyways, if any of u get a chance to browse the detta st forums, you got to check out the last page. Detta, he's posted here on our boards made one of the best smackdowns on some one who had no idea what he was talking about... But pretended as though he did!

I got a nice laugh out of it. You'll know which one it is when you read the paragraphs. Basically put the dude in his place.

But, it's just an honest opinion as he'd say!