Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Idiots in New York, RC plane buzzing Statue of Liberty & Brooklyn Bridge

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Idiots in New York, RC plane buzzing Statue of Liberty & Brooklyn Bridge

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 03:42 PM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Idiots in New York, RC plane buzzing Statue of Liberty & Brooklyn Bridge

ORIGINAL: Arbo

Brad, that was not moderation, that was an explanation to you that posts that ask other users to clarify their statement (which the user gladly did and I thanked him), are NOT personal attacks. Which is what you reported the post as. After leaving you that explanation the ticket was left open for the other moderators and admins to review as well. Nothing nefarious as you suggest.

I am willing to explain what constitutes a personal attack if you need further clarification.
No I only want an explanation why a moderator would undertake moderation of a post that he himself posted........ conflict of interest anywhere else then the AMA Discussion forum.

The email I received from Arbo:

Arbo posted a response to your ticket for message[Re:This can't be good a RC plane buzzing the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge]

==============================
Asking for clarification of a statement made by another user is not a personal attack. It doesn't even begin to fit the definition of a personal attack.
==============================

You can view the report ticket at http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/ticket.aspx?rid=425

Regards,

Forum administrator
=========================================
AMA Discussions
http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/
=========0=========================
Brad
Old 12-04-2010, 04:05 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Idiots in New York, RC plane buzzing Statue of Liberty & Brooklyn Bridge

OMG, that is insane. A stupidity of the greater proportions. Now the FAA can say that Osama binLaden can fit an atomic bomb on a 0.6 P51 and attack the White House.
These guys are comming here to our country to do a diservice to our hobby. Someone should tell them
Old 12-04-2010, 04:07 PM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

Double/Post
Old 12-04-2010, 04:11 PM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems

Yes, we are definitely opposed to this. I can guarantee that just one time anyone uses one of these setups to even drop a paintball on a federal facility, modeling as we know it in the U.S. will cease to exist.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

No I only want an explanation why a moderator would undertake moderation of a post that he himself posted........ conflict of interest anywhere else then the AMA Discussion forum.
What part of the fact that nothing was moderated is it you do not understand? As I said, your ticket was left open for other moderators and administrators to review as well.

I merely informed you, basically, that you were reporting a personal attack, that was nowhere in the neighborhood of a personal attack. As I said, if you require further clarification
about what constitutes an actual personal attack, I am more than willing to work with you so you understand.

Thank you for posting the text where I informed you that your reported violation was not one.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:28 PM
bradpaul

Any moderator that moderates reports on his own posts has crossed the line. RCU would not tolerate that...... and RC-Ken keeps this forum in line, to have a moderator moderate, post in threads and moderate reports on his own posts is a conflict of interest and the AMA needs to address this.

Brad
Old 12-04-2010, 04:46 PM
warningshot

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

Just what we need with the new FCC regulations coming up!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...no-arrests.ars

Were they AMA members?

Brad
Would it matter if they were AMA card holders?
Old 12-04-2010, 05:00 PM
kochj

The video is fantasic...The entire idea of running planes through that type of setup is very cool....
I will state this....
I know 2-guys that have theses fpv or what ever there called....They BOTH fly at a designated flying field only.....

It isn't quite as fun, but, at the same time....It doesn't shove the "hey look what I have" in the un-informed public eye....

With technology comes responsibility...
If we don't moderate it,,, the Government WILL....
Old 12-04-2010, 06:32 PM
tinner1

ORIGINAL: Tinner1
Once they appointed a person with a history of getting banned/put ''on vacation'' on RCU as a MOD I quit posting.
Arbo
Don't know any moderators there that were banned from RCU. Who are you talking about?
I stand corrected and have corrected my post to reflect "FACTS". YOU were put on vacation on RCG, NOT RCU as I had previously posted. You got put on "vacation" for firing off a nasty (that's the nicest way I can describe it) letter to the moderator or Jim Graham himself, I don't remember which, and you got banned. I'm not sure which it was as your lifes screw ups aren't worth my time to look up the details, as you will deny them anyway. I'm just doing this from memory. You also started a new thread to continue to bash me after I closed a thread I started asking what problems people had with the AMA and with who. You dragged it so far off topic I closed it for a time, at which time YOU started a new thread to continue YOUR agenda of bashing me. So YES you do have agendas like you so often accuse others of having.

I won't be suprised if this post gets reported as a "personal" attack. The sword of TRUTH cuts a deep and painful wound. But ARBO did ask who I was referring to..(see BOLD in the quotes above) and everything I posted is FACT, and can be verified by a little research. The people reading these threads are entitled to the truth, as was posted and written into history, whether the offender remembers posting them or not...

Edit: As I predicted above in the underlined sentence, ARBO has denied the truth again by TRYING to divert attention, (see his post #35 below) So So SAD and predictable!!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:05 PM
KidEpoxy

I would bet their Names and Addresses aren"t in the plane
I'm unaware of any FAA requirement or even FAA advisory that would have his name be in the plane.

Did AMA card status matter on landing the autonomous transatlantic model flight?

Perhaps the folks so interested in condemning this NY fpv flight
could show us how condemning they were of the autonomous transatlantic flight (and AMA cardholding thereof).
Do we know the name of the guy that did the FPV in ny,
cause we all know the name of the AMA guy landing the atlantic autonomous flight.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:07 PM
p51Dpony

Exceptionally good video quality so my praise for a good set up.  No condemnation here, only praise.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Arbo

Yes, I got banned for a bit, and worked it out and made my apologies and was re-enstated. Your point is?

As for all the other claims, as usual, back it up. Hey wait, I asked you to do the same thing with something else you said. Good thing I'm not holding my breath.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
KidEpoxy

Any moderator that moderates reports on his own posts has crossed the line.
You know, FHH said that plenty of occasions on our board,
but the mod he was talking about didnt start with an A

No just normal moderation on the AMA Discussion forum.
I'm glad you said that,
cause if I said it
my post would get reported a dozen times over as disparaging the AMA
Old 12-04-2010, 07:18 PM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

please take your arguments about personal attacks and moderation to a different thread. As for this thread, I would personally like to slap the living ____ out of those pilots that did this video. Yes the video is cool. I have an FPV setup that I use at my flying field, and people really enjoy it. But to come to NY of all places and blatantly demonstrate to all the world how easy it is to fly a weapon around downtown Manhattan!

Too many bad scenarios to envision from this. I would hope that rather than beating up model aviation in general, the FAA finds a way to track this idiot down and prosecute him for violating controlled airspace, creating a hazard to aviation, and anything else they can think of.

Brad
Old 12-04-2010, 07:22 PM
RealPilotAce

There are two theories to this activity...

1. All FPV pilots, AMA members and the rest of the public are terrorists and must be put under the great thumb of the US government. for which there is an equal number of compliant RCU members who have posted in agreement of the government that these activies do NOT help our cause and they must be stopped at any cost to protect what little the government has given us because we are being good little boys and girls.

2. We are not terrorists, nor was our little Austrian friend. He took a FPV plane and had a good time flying it, did not put one person in danger more so than 99.9% of pilots who fly using 2.4Ghz radios that are suseptable to spurious emissions and a much reduced range of control. Nor did our friendly pilot perform any flight that a person who REALLY wanted to carry a few lbs of CompositionX in a Sig Senior flying with a .91 4-stroker performed.

I see a group here that has it's tails between its legs... AMA included. The recent Presidents dirty knee speach of how FPV is somehow a problem and we need to cow tow to the Goverment... Grow a pair, if someone really wanted to put together an FPV and like I said... load a Sig Senior with 10 lbs of Comp X (you pick the letter), throw a gallon of fuel on board with a saito .91 to boot, Heck it can be done easily... and what then. Shut down the entire RC community?

Thats the next step. We will lose it all because they take and take and take from us. The above can happen easily. Why, because I know you can load up a sig with 20lbs and it will take off no problem with a saito .91 and a nice fat prop. The only thing I was missing was the will, destructive power and desire to do harm, as well as the FPV equipment, which is even optional!!!!

So stop complaining that we are losing because of some 'stunt' We are losing because of the fear and terror our pretty little 1984 government has place in your 451F hearts.

In my opinion I am the government and I rule them. Thats the way it was meant to be, not the other way around like it is now.

Spelling edits-
Old 12-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: bkdavy

please take your arguments about personal attacks and moderation to a different thread. As for this thread, I would personally like to slap the living ____ out of those pilots that did this video.
Sure thing, would be glad to. As the normal unsupported claims and lies that flow from others get's quite old.

And I wouldn't want to get in the way of anyone's right to suggest violence against another flier...

Old 12-04-2010, 07:28 PM
pandissix
My Feedback: (134)

Nothing good can come from this type of behavior. Our enemies are looking for soft targets....these clowns just proved how easy it is. They should be prosecuted criminally.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:40 PM
RealPilotAce

Our enemies are within. Is this community so blind and sheep like that it cant even see past it's social security checks and the F150 pickups. 99% of you flyers have no clie of what war is, what death is, nor the stench of rotting flesh. What it is like to eat rotten garlic rubbed on moldy bread just to stay alive.

Pansies is what thie lot of you are when you give in to fear. Great good comes from patriots, and not parrots. All I keep hearing are parrots repeating what they have been told. 'Keep the fighting over there so it won't come here', USA USA USA, waving flags made in China, buying imported planes and RC equpment. Not one American made product I see when I walk into a hobby shop cause we want and want and want, but don't waht to pay or give. If you have a home built... great job on the labor, but I wouldn't be surprised if the birch, balsa, monocoat and maybe except the decent CA was made in China. But you built it so it's america.

Kenedy was not making a patriotic speach when he was asking you to do for your country... he was leading the way to sheeple. and to this day we still think we are americans. More like AmeriKan ots.

I say the FPV'r is a Hero! and to heck with the lot of you that want to take away his freedom and rights.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
KidEpoxy

They should be prosecuted criminally.
Could you elaborate on just what law violation you want them charged with?
Old 12-04-2010, 07:46 PM
RealPilotAce

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

They should be prosecuted criminally.
Could you elaborate on just what law violation you want them charged with?
For being a Redcoat in a sea of Teabaggers (the flamboiant kind).
Old 12-04-2010, 08:11 PM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

[quote]ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

I would bet their Names and Addresses aren''t in the plane
I'm unaware of any FAA requirement or even FAA advisory that would have his name be in the plane.

Its an AMA requirement. I can be found in section 12 of the AMA rules @ http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/105.PDF

(f) Ensure the aircraft is identified with the name and address or AMA number of the owner on the inside or affixed to the outside of the model aircraft.
(This does not apply to model aircraft flown indoors).

Dave
Old 12-04-2010, 08:16 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

I would bet their Names and Addresses aren''t in the plane

Did AMA card status matter on landing the autonomous transatlantic model flight?

Perhaps the folks so interested in condemning this NY fpv flight
could show us how condemning they were of the autonomous transatlantic flight (and AMA cardholding thereof).
Do we know the name of the guy that did the FPV in ny,
cause we all know the name of the AMA guy landing the atlantic autonomous flight.
How much of the transatlantic flights took place potentially over folks heads, vs. the New York flight?
How many potential terrorist targets are there in the North Atlantic between Nova Scotia and Ireland?
How many changes to the FAA regulations affecting model airplane flying were on the table when the transatlantic flight took place?
Who controls the airspace over international waters between Nova Scotia and Ireland?

You'll never make me believe you approve of this, KE.
It's just the I.A'er in ya that makes you do it.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would a non AMA member care about an AMA requirement? It's not against the law. No FAA rules broken. May be some DOI rules broken for flying over park lands without permission?
Old 12-04-2010, 09:01 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

I too think the video is cool, and if conducted under the proper authority and conditions, I see nothing wrong with it. But ,I can't ignore this fact: indeed, it is and would have been very easy for these guys to attach an IED of some sort to their plane and fly it into a building or a person. Our military already has such craft for that very purpose. [X(][X(]
I'm not in favor of banning FPV, in fact I'm planning to do some myself. But I am also not in favor of allowing anyone at any time to fly an RC vehicle through the heart of a city. There should be a process for addressing accountability, liability, requesting permission prior to such a flight or at least informing the public who might be affected if something went wrong prior to putting them in danger. Just my 2c.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What IED could you carry in an electric foamy, about three cherry bombs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.