Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

KidEpoxy

Old 11-07-2013, 08:19 AM
  #1  
K-Bob
Senior Member
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anytown
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KidEpoxy

What ever happened to KidEpoxy? Though we seldom agreed, I enjoyed his posts. It seems his last post and last login were nearly a year ago.

Just curious.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:46 AM
  #2  
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)
 
RCKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lawton, OK
Posts: 27,386
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by K-Bob View Post
What ever happened to KidEpoxy? Though we seldom agreed, I enjoyed his posts. It seems his last post and last login were nearly a year ago.

Just curious.
I gave a final warning to him that if he continued to cause problems he would be banned from RCU. So instead of shaping up and following our rules he decided to quit posting here and hasn't been back since.

Ken
Old 11-07-2013, 10:06 AM
  #3  
K-Bob
Senior Member
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anytown
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks, Ken. Just one of those things you wonder about.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:26 AM
  #4  
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)
 
RCKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lawton, OK
Posts: 27,386
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by K-Bob View Post
Thanks, Ken. Just one of those things you wonder about.
Normally I don't post info such as this, but because of the amount of posting that KidE did I thought it was worth my answering as I'm sure more than just yourself have wondered the same thing.

Ken
Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 AM
  #5  
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)
 
littlecrankshaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: here
Posts: 5,413
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by K-Bob View Post
What ever happened to KidEpoxy? Though we seldom agreed, I enjoyed his posts. It seems his last post and last login were nearly a year ago.

Just curious.
Yep, I enjoyed his posts too...and I usually agreed with the actual point of his posts. He had a way of making you at least stop and think about what was he saying...and that is a good thing...at least he got people to stop and think... A really really great guy as I've been lucky enough to hang out with him a few times. Very independent minded... and I truly respect that trait more than just about any other thing when it comes to people...the only thing I respect more is those that support or fight for each and everyone of us to be individuals... My thanks to them every chance I get! Some paid the ultimate price...
Old 11-07-2013, 10:37 AM
  #6  
combatpigg
Senior Member
My Feedback: (3)
 
combatpigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: arlington, WA
Posts: 20,018
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

KE took 50 times the abuse that he ever dished out. Actually, that number is probably closer to 100 to 1.
At any rate RCU must have felt that he was doing them more harm than good.

Last edited by combatpigg; 11-07-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:46 AM
  #7  
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)
 
littlecrankshaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: here
Posts: 5,413
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I certainly agree with that! How he kept his cool from all the attacks against him was absolutely amazing to watch. Had to admire him for that. It even spilt into his personal life...how very very sad
Old 11-07-2013, 10:48 AM
  #8  
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)
 
TexasAirBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,972
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG--QjJmNFs

Last edited by TexasAirBoss; 11-07-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:49 AM
  #9  
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)
 
littlecrankshaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: here
Posts: 5,413
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by United_Pilot View Post
Ahhh...funny!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 AM
  #10  
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)
 
TexasAirBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,972
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf View Post
Ahhh...funny!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG--QjJmNFs

I thought you guys might like that.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:16 PM
  #11  
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Newberry, FL
Posts: 5,925
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by K-Bob View Post
What ever happened to KidEpoxy? Though we seldom agreed, I enjoyed his posts. It seems his last post and last login were nearly a year ago.

Just curious.
If you miss KE there is a poster on RCG, KenP with a similar mantra on modeling and the AMA.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:29 AM
  #12  
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)
 
littlecrankshaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: here
Posts: 5,413
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Red Scholefield View Post
If you miss KE there is a poster on RCG, KenP with a similar mantra on modeling and the AMA.
I disagree. I find the comparison of those two individuals and characterizing them as haveing "similar mantra" flat wrong. They have very different perspectives on particular AMA matters and their posting styles are very different as well. I think you are just trying to take shots at those guys by implying they have no right to their opinions since it doesn't run in concert with guys like you and Fred Huber...
Old 11-13-2013, 03:55 AM
  #13  
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)
 
Luchnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Amelia, VA
Posts: 2,079
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf View Post
Yep, I enjoyed his posts too...and I usually agreed with the actual point of his posts. He had a way of making you at least stop and think about what was he saying...and that is a good thing...at least he got people to stop and think... A really really great guy as I've been lucky enough to hang out with him a few times. Very independent minded... and I truly respect that trait more than just about any other thing when it comes to people...the only thing I respect more is those that support or fight for each and everyone of us to be individuals... My thanks to them every chance I get! Some paid the ultimate price...
Although I do not know him personally, I simply enjoyed his post thoroughly. I never thought his post to be that bad at all compared to many that post here, but I suppose I am much more forgiving about things and there is probably much I do not know about the situation. He often kept my unused mental neurons firing
Old 11-15-2013, 06:53 PM
  #14  
combatpigg
Senior Member
My Feedback: (3)
 
combatpigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: arlington, WA
Posts: 20,018
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

I hope he is doing OK and that he eventually gets to build and fly the planes that he used to talk about wanting to build at the 1/2A forum.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:07 AM
  #15  
K-Bob
Senior Member
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anytown
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by combatpigg View Post
I hope he is doing OK and that he eventually gets to build and fly the planes that he used to talk about wanting to build at the 1/2A forum.
+1
Old 11-16-2013, 05:12 PM
  #16  
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 893
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thoroughly enjoy a spirited discussion with someone who's experiences or convictions differ from mine. Thoroughly loathe getting into a discussion strictly for the purposes of mental masturbation with a wanna be lawyer who has no convictions and takes the opposing view on any subject just so they can argue incessantly for pure entertainment. KE was the latter, good riddance.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:35 PM
  #17  
cj_rumley
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Aguanga, CA
Posts: 1,779
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

C'mon Jerry, I've never seen such crap from you before. If you sink low enough to attack another poster like that again, at least consider deleting all those credentials under your name if they mean anything to you - they do to a few others.

cj

ps fwiw: I'll del this post if you del yours
Old 11-17-2013, 05:06 PM
  #18  
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)
 
littlecrankshaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: here
Posts: 5,413
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

cj,

Jerry is right...we shouldn't ever post for entertainment and of course, never ever take AMA's name in vain... the altercations when the devout have someone argue with them is very disrespectful...as it really only takes one to argue...the nerve of some people like KE...he needs to know his place like any good little peon should... Shape up or ship out is what I always say...
Old 11-17-2013, 09:42 PM
  #19  
JW0311
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Whitewater, CO
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Does "LM" stand for Leader Member? Just curious.


James
Old 11-18-2013, 05:22 AM
  #20  
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Newberry, FL
Posts: 5,925
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by s3nfo View Post
Thoroughly enjoy a spirited discussion with someone who's experiences or convictions differ from mine. Thoroughly loathe getting into a discussion strictly for the purposes of mental masturbation with a wanna be lawyer who has no convictions and takes the opposing view on any subject just so they can argue incessantly for pure entertainment. KE was the latter, good riddance.
AMEN!!!
Early post on RCU AMA forum:

[TABLE="class: MsoNormalTable, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"][TABLE="class: MsoNormalTable, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]RE: Outlaw flyers - 1/16/2006 12:31 AM
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]
[TABLE="class: MsoNormalTable, width: 6"]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 150"]KidEpoxy



Posts: 4582
Score: 162
Joined: 10/14/2004
Last Login: 10/16/2009
From: San Antonio, TX, USA
Status:
offline

[/TD]
[TD="width: 100%"]Doh! Why didn't I see this thread back when I was in Fontana ... I coulda got with you Ventura guys to fly.

If I wanted to be told I can't fly because my plane was too noisey, that figure8 was verboten, I know the AMA is there to join. That is if I could cough up more for AMA & Club dues than my plane is worth on my pizza delivery job. Until that time I will fly outlaw, even though I prefer the term Renegade Piloting: Flying Aint A Crime. I can even afford the 2x $7.50 to join the CA & TX NOAMAs, I'm in TX now.

At least in San Jose we had the Pumpkin Patch streetflying. Sometimes cops would use the street for radar calibration, so we traded use of the street every half hr or so for the cops to use then us to use. I would have flown at a Bay Area Regional Park, RC is allowed in the parks and they had a park with a strip, an AMA club ran it, so I just would have to pay AMA & some private club to use the public land... nice public park land use for private club.

Now if I could just find a NOAMA place in San Antonio... That would be a good reason to get a OUTLAWS forum- to get a decent list of outlaw groups & strips/streets by state


< Message edited by KidEpoxy -- 1/16/2006 12:35 AM >
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
and it went downhill from there.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:35 PM
  #21  
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 893
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cj_rumley View Post
C'mon Jerry, I've never seen such crap from you before. If you sink low enough to attack another poster like that again, at least consider deleting all those credentials under your name if they mean anything to you - they do to a few others.

cj

ps fwiw: I'll del this post if you del yours
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that only the KE apologists were allowed to voice an opinion.

Don't believe I attacked anyone, had some less than complementary, but well deserved, comments about a prior poster, but don't see anything I said as an "attack", and apparently doesn't meet the RCU criteria as a Personal Attack as I've not heard anything from Admin.
I learned my leadership skills in the Military, and being a leader often means making the unpopular calls, and I'm not going to change my opinion or comments about KE just because his apologists don't like it. KE didn't get banned because of his sterling character and inclusive communications skills, a jerk is still a jerk no matter your opinion CJ.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:56 PM
  #22  
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)
 
littlecrankshaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: here
Posts: 5,413
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by s3nfo View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that only the KE apologists were allowed to voice an opinion.

Don't believe I attacked anyone, had some less than complementary, but well deserved, comments about a prior poster, but don't see anything I said as an "attack", and apparently doesn't meet the RCU criteria as a Personal Attack as I've not heard anything from Admin.
I learned my leadership skills in the Military, and being a leader often means making the unpopular calls, and I'm not going to change my opinion or comments about KE just because his apologists don't like it. KE didn't get banned because of his sterling character and inclusive communications skills, a jerk is still a jerk no matter your opinion CJ.
Ummmm...I think you may be mistaken or even have overlooked something obvious... As I think KE is still a current RCU member...Posts like yours are not normally allowed...the insulting of fellow RCU members, that is...but since you are adorned with certain credintials and a proven follower of all that is AMA you may just get a buy...
Old 11-18-2013, 07:26 PM
  #23  
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)
 
RCKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lawton, OK
Posts: 27,386
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by s3nfo View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that only the KE apologists were allowed to voice an opinion.

Don't believe I attacked anyone, had some less than complementary, but well deserved, comments about a prior poster, but don't see anything I said as an "attack", and apparently doesn't meet the RCU criteria as a Personal Attack as I've not heard anything from Admin.
I learned my leadership skills in the Military, and being a leader often means making the unpopular calls, and I'm not going to change my opinion or comments about KE just because his apologists don't like it. KE didn't get banned because of his sterling character and inclusive communications skills, a jerk is still a jerk no matter your opinion CJ.
KidEpoxy has not been banned from RCU, regardless of some who think differently. He was told that he had to follow the rules of RCU if he wanted to remain here. To be fair, there are other members posting in this thread that have been given the exact same warning as KidEpoxy was. After receiving this warning from me KidEpoxy simply choose to cease any activity here in our forums. He is still an active member as is welcomed to continue posting here in this forum, as well other forums on RCU.

Ken
Old 11-18-2013, 09:53 PM
  #24  
cj_rumley
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Aguanga, CA
Posts: 1,779
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by s3nfo View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that only the KE apologists were allowed to voice an opinion.

Don't believe I attacked anyone, had some less than complementary, but well deserved, comments about a prior poster, but don't see anything I said as an "attack", and apparently doesn't meet the RCU criteria as a Personal Attack as I've not heard anything from Admin.
I learned my leadership skills in the Military, and being a leader often means making the unpopular calls, and I'm not going to change my opinion or comments about KE just because his apologists don't like it. KE didn't get banned because of his sterling character and inclusive communications skills, a jerk is still a jerk no matter your opinion CJ.
I didn't object because your post reflected badly on KE, but because it reflects badly on you. Sorry about that, it's your business and not mine. Carry on.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:57 AM
  #25  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,867
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cj_rumley View Post
I didn't object because your post reflected badly on KE, but because it reflects badly on you. Sorry about that, it's your business and not mine. Carry on.
Well Said Sir !!!!

In life , , , , , be it politics , business , or personal relationships , it is IMPOSSIBLE to throw mud at another without muddying one's own self a bit in the process .....

Carry On ....

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.