Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Comment on tbe FAA NPRM

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Comment on tbe FAA NPRM

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 02:16 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Uncanny conincidence !!!

Old 01-21-2020, 03:30 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

LOL, I actually think it's a bit funny. However if you think it's foul play then feel free to hit the report button. Make more accusations like when you accused me of posting a link to your personal information and I will hit the report button.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:05 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
LOL, I actually think it's a bit funny. However if you think it's foul play then feel free to hit the report button. Make more accusations like when you accused me of posting a link to your personal information and I will hit the report button.
I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions:
- Totally new person comes to RCU, from the same location as you...
- Of all the forums available to them, they find their way to the AMA forum...
- Of all the threads to pick from, they choose ones where you're active...
- And of their three total posts, they quote yours twice...
I mean, what are the odds?
Old 01-21-2020, 04:40 PM
RCUer75345
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Well, there are people who lurk on forums without participating.
And they see one particular topic as being the most important issue confronting the hobby today.
And they see one particular individual acting as the standard bearer for policies which they believe could break the hobby.
Why shouldn't they become engaged?
Is this meant to be a discussion forum? Or an echo chamber?
Old 01-21-2020, 06:05 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by franklin_m

Perhaps it is someone who was lurking and saw that there is dislike between the two of us and decided to have some fun at your expense. They must be pretty happy with themselves seeing how you " took the bait ". But like I said earlier, if you think I have anything to do with it hit the report button. I would assume that RCKen has the ability to compare IP addresses.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:43 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grognard
Is this meant to be a discussion forum? Or an echo chamber?
One thing I know for sure, it is certainly NOT the place to create shill accounts in order to strengthen one's position. LAME!

Astro
Old 01-21-2020, 08:44 PM
astrohog

Perhaps it is someone who was lurking and saw that there is dislike between the two of us and decided to have some fun at your expense. They must be pretty happy with themselves seeing how you " took the bait ". But like I said earlier, if you think I have anything to do with it hit the report button. I would assume that RCKen has the ability to compare IP addresses.
Transparent AND weak! I believe that Speed Racer's car was called the Mach 5, no? And what did he call his little pet friend? Chim Chim?

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 01-21-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:57 PM
speedracerntrixie

One last time, I have NOTHING to do with that account. Either come up with some proof or end the accusations.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:19 PM
astrohog

One last time, I have NOTHING to do with that account. Either come up with some proof or end the accusations.
It is either you, or someone that wanted to "frame" you. Either way, it is lame and does not belong on these forums. Unless someone wants to do some forensic sleuthing, we will never know for sure....

Astro
Old 01-21-2020, 09:32 PM
speedracerntrixie

What exactly has he/she done that is offensive? Nothing has been said or done by this person that breaks site rules. Franklin's and your reactions to this new member are of your own choosing. All this person did was make up a screen name that relates to mine and set his location to the same city then you two feel entitled to immediately point fingers in my direction. Perhaps it's my turn to tell you to look into a mirror.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:35 AM
astrohog

What exactly has he/she done that is offensive? Nothing has been said or done by this person that breaks site rules. Franklin's and your reactions to this new member are of your own choosing. All this person did was make up a screen name that relates to mine and set his location to the same city then you two feel entitled to immediately point fingers in my direction. Perhaps it's my turn to tell you to look into a mirror.
It is a malicious account. That breaks site rules. Spin away...

Astro
Old 01-22-2020, 02:58 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by astrohog
It is a malicious account. That breaks site rules. Spin away...

Astro
Please tell us what rules have been broken here. Not to mention, if a new user shows up with the screen name Astro Turf and is from Bellingham Wa. I have every justification to start making accusations towards you?
Old 01-22-2020, 05:07 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

One last time, I have NOTHING to do with that account.
I believe you have nothing to do with that account , if a real Speed Racer fan were trying to come up with a clever code name we'd see something like "Go Mifune" instead of direct references to the Mach 5

(PS , in Japanese the proper name has a line above the letter G , but I have no clue how to make my computer do that)
Old 01-22-2020, 05:15 PM
astrohog

Please tell us what rules have been broken here. Not to mention, if a new user shows up with the screen name Astro Turf and is from Bellingham Wa. I have every justification to start making accusations towards you?
Is that all you are here or is to banter back and forth? Then go ahead, an accusation on an internet forum really doesn't ruin my day like it does yours.
I said, "If it is not you, it is someone who is trying to "frame" you." Quit whining that people are picking on you, it is not very becoming of a grown man to constantly whine. I have tried very hard to respect your posts and positions, but I just cannot due to your inability to stay factual and your constant whining that, somehow, you are being picked on. You want respect? EARN IT.

It is very clear the Mach5 account (whether it is you or someone else) was created solely to disrupt this forum. Not a single one of the posts from that account has added anything of merit to these threads, just sideways remarks about Franklin. I think it is clear that it is a troll account. Trolling is against the rules of RCU. Get it?

Astro
Old 01-22-2020, 05:21 PM
speedracerntrixie

The Speed Racer thing just kinda happened when I started warbird pylon racing. The warbird I decided to model was the Italian Macchi 202 Folgore. Some of the guys started calling it the Macchi 5 and eventually the Mach 5. The next revision of the airplane had it done in Mach 5 colors and graphics. Since my wife was my caller, the guys started to call her " Trixie " and then I was known as " Speed " I originally joined RCU to keep in touch with the racing guys.

Original Rossi .45 powered Macchi.

YS115 powered version. I used to change up the colors some.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:34 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mach5nchimchim
This guy thinks he's a Navy JAG when it comes to FAA vs AMA/EAA stuff.
Originally Posted by mach5nchimchim
Who's this guy?
....It is very clear the Mach5 account (whether it is you or someone else) was created solely to disrupt this forum. Not a single one of the posts from that account has added anything of merit to these threads, just sideways remarks about Franklin. I think it is clear that it is a troll account. Trolling is against the rules of RCU. Get it?

Astro
Astro is correct , the Mach5 account appears to be here to troll Franklin , in fact now his avatar claims somewhere in Pennsylvania instead of Oregon .
I don't think for a minute it's Speed , I think it's someone who wants to fan the flames between Speed and Franklin and see how much stink can be stirred up .
Old 01-22-2020, 06:04 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by init4fun
I think it's someone who wants to fan the flames between Speed and Franklin and see how much stink can be stirred up .
And THAT is against the rules of this forum.

Astro
Old 01-22-2020, 06:04 PM
franklin_m

Astro is correct , the Mach5 account appears to be here to troll Franklin , in fact now his avatar claims somewhere in Pennsylvania instead of Oregon.
"Whoever" it is changed it to Penn State, which is located in State College ...

Yet the mods are allowing the trolling.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:13 PM
RCUer75345
Banned

I think the "Veltro" is prettier than the Folgore...
Old 01-23-2020, 05:07 AM
speedracerntrixie

Yes, that round cowl however just would not have worked well for a race plane, too much drag unless it had a huge spinner like Rare Bear. No racing up here in Oregon so I gave my molds and templates to a young man in Sacramento before I moved.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:56 AM
astrohog

Yes, that round cowl however just would not have worked well for a race plane, too much drag unless it had a huge spinner like Rare Bear. No racing up here in Oregon so I gave my molds and templates to a young man in Sacramento before I moved.
I think it has been asked before, but can we try to stay on topic? There are appropriate places for this type of discussion. The AMA forum is NOT it.

Regards,

Astro
Old 01-23-2020, 06:36 AM
RCUer75345
Banned

No, the Veltro (C.205) was a later development of the Folgore with a more powerful in-line engine (DB 605). Think P-51H vs. P-51D. The round-engine Macchi was the Saetta (C.200).
Old 01-23-2020, 06:39 AM
RCUer75345
Banned

I think it has been asked before, but can we try to stay on topic? There are appropriate places for this type of discussion. The AMA forum is NOT it.
As if sniping back and forth about user names has anything to do with the topic. The topic, of course, being the NPRM.

So Astro, what comments are YOU planning to turn in?
Old 01-23-2020, 08:11 AM
mach5nchimchim

Astro is correct , the Mach5 account appears to be here to troll Franklin , in fact now his avatar claims somewhere in Pennsylvania instead of Oregon .
I don't think for a minute it's Speed , I think it's someone who wants to fan the flames between Speed and Franklin and see how much stink can be stirred up .
Wrong, go back and reread my posts sir. I replied to a few posts that speed posted about his field or his opinions. Franklin then responds to my post calling me out, and I respond who's back to Franklin "Who'sthis guy" as in why is he bringing my up when I never even replied or brought him up, in response to him bringing me up; I never said anything about Franklin, I was showing appreciation for some of Speed's posts and Franklin is the one who brought my account up, not the other way around.

I didn't cast the first stone...

Your apology for jumping the gun and to conclusions will be accepted...

Old 01-23-2020, 08:13 AM
franklin_m

I will advocate that the FRIAs a constitutionally flawed because ONE private dues collecting organization has all but a complete monopoly on their administration and operation. And the rule effectively mandates membership in that organization to use non-compliant equipment. Such compulsory membership is forced association with a group that uses some or all of that money to advocate for policy with which the individual may not agree.

Two remedies: Either force FRIAs, as condition of approval, to be open to all citizens w/o regard for membership status; or if membership is required for insurance reasons, then allow non-members to purchase insurance only at a rate no greater than an amount equal to the CBO’s current membership fee multiplied by the CBO’s prior year IRS 990 reported insurance expense divided by their IRS 990 reported membership revenue for that same year. In cases where filing is delayed, then these are based on most recent IRS filing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.