Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Why isn't AMA giving details of it's "wins?"

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Why isn't AMA giving details of it's "wins?"

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 06:24 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

And I totally agree with you on this one. Then again, when someone goes against their normal behavior, I see red flags. This isn't something just to do with Dennis, however. I've been burned far too many times by not paying attention to someone acting strangely until too late. If he is on the up and up, I'll more than welcome the change. That said, if he isn't on the up and up, what is he really up to? Sorry if this comes across as cynical but, you know the old saying, "Burn me once, shame on you but burn me twice, shame on me", and I don't feel like getting burned again due to not taking notice. I'd rather be wrong because of taking notice than being wrong because I didn't
Old 08-02-2020, 06:38 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Fair enough, I'm going to just sit back and see how this plays out although I have a feeling Dennis will get no answers.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:05 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Fair enough, I'm going to just sit back and see how this plays out although I have a feeling Dennis will get no answers.
Let me grab a Jack & Pepsi and a chair so I can watch as well
Old 08-02-2020, 07:23 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO24
I belive he makes over 120K per year.
You are incorrect. NONE of the EC, all of whom are elected, receive any compensation.

Last edited by FUTABA-RC; 08-03-2020 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Thai-Poh
Old 08-03-2020, 02:25 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
You are incorrect. NONE of the EC, all of whom are elected, receive no compensation.
Money is very fungible. In a ONE point TWO MILLION expense line titled "all other expenses," when that is not itemized for members, is great place to hide money going places that members might not support.

Fortunately, the solution is simple if AMA is interested in transparency ... give members itemized account of every dollar in the "all other expenses" on the IRS filing.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:28 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Why are you concerned enough to ask these, albeit legit, questions? You don't have an ax to grind, considering you are a MAAC member and the AMA and FCC don't affect you
​​​​​

Well Dumpling I posted the questions because for all of the braying that you guys do on these forums and claims of no one listening. When given a chance did any of you bother to try or did you sit on your hands and not even attempt to join in the discussions. For crying out loud there was your chance, a member’s forum to air your grievances and not one of you made the attempt. You’re forgiven Dumpling you’re not even a member. No axe to grind a simple observation even you should understand.

As far as the AMA and FCC affecting me Dumpling I’m more affected and concerned than you ever could be.

I was the pilot and advisor for the local university for 9 years flying the team’s projects in the US from California, Texas, Florida and Georgia. Every year I made a two week vacation and flew at as many clubs as I could find coming and going to the competitions.

At least twice a year a trip to the US flying at clubs I could come across.

This past year on my way to a month (July) in Newfoundland I crossed over at Detroit and traveled the north east part of the US flying at 4 places in the 3 days the wife and I spent driving across your beautiful country and the National and State Parkland.

The end of September again drove to Pigeon Forge, crossed over the Smokies and came back along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Slight detours took us to 3 fields but no luck meeting up with any members as it was middle of the week and I hadn’t made prior contact.

I think I have as much right to have an opinion if not more than you as you have no association at all with the AMA.

As part of the reciprocal agreement between the two organizations there are specific rules of engagement to allow each others insurance coverage in another country to stay in effect. Each year a call to the AMA gets me any important changes I need to be aware of and I get email once in the while from the FAA Small UAS Certificate of Registration.

I have been welcomed at every event or club I have had the honour to attend and been made welcome to fly as their guest. As a non AMA member how about you? Maybe it’s your lack of inclusion that has put the bee in your bonnet?

This is my home away from home.

This is my toy box.

Two days away from retirement, everything set to go US might be out of the question this year with the virus.
On the Road Again

Ready for the next adventure

Last edited by Propworn; 08-04-2020 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:36 PM
Hydro Junkie

And so much for being civil. You just had to be an ass, didn't you. So, am I the only one now to be called "dumpling"? I have news for you, asswipe, as that's all you are to me. What you did in the past makes no difference to the here and now. Right now, you're not even as good as cow manure, only because manure can be used as fertilizer.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:46 PM
Propworn

And so much for being civil. You just had to be an ass, didn't you. So, am I the only one now to be called "dumpling"? I have news for you, asswipe, as that's all you are to me. What you did in the past makes no difference to the here and now. Right now, you're not even as good as cow manure, only because manure can be used as fertilizer.
Gee wiz you kiss your mom with that mouth??????
Old 08-04-2020, 04:57 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by Propworn
Gee wiz you kiss your mom with that mouth??????
No more than I would you. Due to HER ACTIONS, haven't spoken to her in over 20 years.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:10 PM
Propworn

No more than I would you. Due to HER ACTIONS, haven't spoken to her in over 20 years.
Ok I can understand her reluctance so your significant other then which ever gender/species they might be.

Last edited by Propworn; 08-04-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:39 PM
Hydro Junkie

Sorry, not going to play that game, which is all this forum is to you, a game, since it doesn't affect you in the least.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:42 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to admit that it sure has been nice having the borders closed. Most folks around here were ecstatic when the closure was recently extended.

Astro
Old 08-04-2020, 05:45 PM
Hydro Junkie

Tell me about it. Since the border's been closed, the Tulalip Outlet Mall has actually had parking stalls open. Normally, two out of three cars have BC plates. It does, however, make it so I can't see friends that live in Delta, Burnaby and southern Vancouver
I still see plenty of semis with Canadian plates on the freeways. Some of those drivers are plain crazy as they will literally force their way into places I wouldn't try to put my truck

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 08-04-2020 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Propworn

Sorry, not going to play that game, which is all this forum is to you, a game, since it doesn't affect you in the least.
And you Dumpling not being a member and all just how does it affect you??? Just saying. Since I can at least partake of club flying privileges unlike you I think it affects me much more than you.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Hydro Junkie

And you Dumpling not being a member and all just how does it affect you??? Just saying. Since I can at least partake of club flying privileges unlike you I think it affects me much more than you.
Are you joking or just deluded?
How can it affect someone that comes across the border for a week or two a couple of times a year more than it would someone that lives here?
I've been building boats and planes for over 30 years and what's happening with the AMA and FAA doesn't affect me? What a crock
All I have to do is watch the news and this forum to see:
1) THE AMA WASTING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON POWER PLAYS AND PET PROJECTS
2) THE AMA TRYING TO MANIPULATE THE FAA INTO FORCING ANYONE THAT FLIES ANY R/C AIRCRAFT TO BECOME A MEMBER
3) CONGRESS ISSUING KNEE JERK RESPONSE DIRECTIVES TO THE FAA TO CONTROL ANYTHING THAT FLIES, REGARDLESS OF WHAT IT IS
4) CONGRESS AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS MAKING ALL R/C MODELS ILLEGAL TO OPERATE, REGARDLESS IF IT FLOATS, FLIES OR ROLLS
How does that affect you more than me? I've got a lake 10 kms from my house that I can't put any R/C boat into due to idiots boating irresponsibly, regardless of whether it's powered by wind, batteries or fuel burning engines. How does that affect you? For my club to race, we have to get permits from the local governments. Due to Covid-19, all our permits are presently cancelled or on hold. There used to be five or six R/C flying sites within 50 kms of my house. I now only know of two, one of which is located at an actual airport that also handles noncommercial manned aircraft. The rest were shut down due to the stupidity of the people flying there or the property owners saying "NO MORE". So, tell me again how all of this affects you. I'm sorry, I just can't see any of that adversely affecting you

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 08-04-2020 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:58 AM
Propworn

I'm not talking about your puddle jumpers Dumpling I'm not talking about some out of the way flying site thats probably not legal/recognized in the first place. I'm strictly referring to AMA fields that you as a non member would most likely not be welcome. If you came to Canada as a non member of the AMA you would not be allowed to fly at any ofour fields or events. As a non member what you do is between you and the FAA. As far as your puddle jumpers restrictions are usually instituted because someone has become a pest or danger to others who use that puddle.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:21 PM
Hydro Junkie

I'm not talking about your puddle jumpers Dumpling I'm not talking about some out of the way flying site thats probably not legal/recognized in the first place. I'm strictly referring to AMA fields that you as a non member would most likely not be welcome. If you came to Canada as a non member of the AMA you would not be allowed to fly at any ofour fields or events. As a non member what you do is between you and the FAA. As far as your puddle jumpers restrictions are usually instituted because someone has become a pest or danger to others who use that puddle.
And yet, every site that's been closed, be it for whatever reason, WERE OPERATED BY AMA CLUBS!!!
We're not talking rogue flyers just causing trouble. I know the Arlington Eagles Flying Club folded due to losing their field. I was at their field, nice place with a covered prep area, decent amount of parking and plenty of room to fly to the south and west. The only problem was the runway's west end butted up to Hwy 530, meaning climb out and approaches were over the hwy. Another field was just outside of Marysville. A club was flying over a pasture area and feed corn field, plenty of room to the south and east. Again, they lost their field due to the owner pulling the plug. I don't know the reason for that one, never heard. Just know I went out and the field was plowed up. A third field was located between Marysville and Everett. Property was sold to developers and is now the site of a new group of apartment complexes. So you see, it doesn't matter if I was an AMA member or not, flew there or not, THE SITES ARE JUST AS GONE
As for the derogatory way you talk about my boats, they are a lot more complicated and labor intensive than any of your planes. You deal with weight and balance, SO WHAT? I deal with weight and balance, aerodynamics, hydrodynamics, power to weight ratios, and a constantly changing running environment. Many more things to deal with than a bit of wind and making sure your CG is within a given range
Old 08-05-2020, 02:49 PM
Propworn

Oh poor Dumplin loss of club sites is a fact of life. It happens all the time. Locally we are fighting for a site that is in danger simply because the wording in a bylaw became changed during the amalgamation of two townships. It now reads no internal combustion motors for pleasure or entertainment between the hours of 9 am to 9 pm. It used to read between 9pm to 9am and is a clerical error that inadvertently got approved at the time of amalgamation and now needs council approval to put it back the way it was. I know it has nothing to do with the AMA but just an example of what can happen at any time and how little control we have in regard to our flying sites.

Poor deluded Dumplin as far as your puddle jumpers being more complicated than aircraft take it up with Franklin I’m sure he would agree with that. Or take it up with the designer/builders on this topic/forum.

Dumplin you have no idea what I build, design or fly and since it’s irrelevant to the topic at hand I have no interest in enlightening you.

Dumplin since most of the sites you allude to are most likely AMA sites and not being a member you cannot fly there and me on the other hand through a reciprocal agreement am allowed to fly there I would say it affects me more than you even if I only fly there a couple dozen times a year.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:04 PM
Propworn

Are you joking or just deluded?
How can it affect someone that comes across the border for a week or two a couple of times a year more than it would someone that lives here?
You may live there but you have no privileges to fly at AMA sites/events. Yes I visit but I am welcomed and invited to use my flying privileges. Even if I only make it over one time its 100% more involved than you are. thus it does affect me more than you.

I've been building boats and planes for over 30 years and what's happening with the AMA and FAA doesn't affect me? What a crock
If I were you I'd be more concerned with FAA as you have no association with the AMA. In fact if the AMA were smart they would dump all pretense of representing any but the membership and let the rest of you fend for yourselves.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:22 PM
Propworn

By the way Dumplin I would like to thank you for helping me get through my last 8 hours of work. Today is my last day I go on a months paid vacation before I officially become retired.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:35 PM
Hydro Junkie

But you're forgetting one minor fact:
I could have flown at any of them, now they're gone and no one can fly at them again.
As for which is more complicated, my boats are much more complicated than your planes, regardless of how complex you think they are. Fly your plane into water and it's destroyed, it's structure is far too weak to handle anything beyond a gentle breeze. Your props are only balanced, mine are balanced, sharpened and polished and, unlike yours, will take a finger off before you can blink while spinning at 28K-35KRPM, more than TRIPLE the speed of your props. My props are pushing over 6KGs to over 100KPH while taking turns at over 4Gs, something that would snap the wings right off your planes. Your plane doesn't have to worry about hydrodynamics, my boats do, as well as aerodynamics. If not properly set up, I can watch a boat go from running a few inches above water to flying several feet above it. My repairs would amount to replacing some nylon screws and it's ready to run again, If your plane isn't set up properly, you take it home in a garbage sack to see how much you can salvage later. Sounds to me like you just can't hold a candle to my boats
Old 08-05-2020, 03:37 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I see your point and I agree that he doesn't usually contribute to the topic. That said, as a good guest shouldn't he make an effort to know what is going on with the FAA and AMA prior to coming across the border and flying with his AMA friends? Hasn't Franklin made the claim that he has all the facts and wants to enlighten everyone? Where would be a better place for Dennis to go to get correct information prior to visiting the US?
By the way Dumplin I would like to thank you for helping me get through my last 8 hours of work. Today is my last day I go on a months paid vacation before I officially become retired.
"I see your point and I agree that he doesn't usually contribute to the topic"

Gee Dennis when even your allies are distancing themselves from you , you think ya may have pushed the Troll act just a wee bit too far ?
Old 08-05-2020, 03:43 PM
Hydro Junkie

But he's not a troll. A troll at least has motive. He's just someone that has to have attention, even though he's an irrelevant piece of crap that's trying to act like he's someone. BTW, did you notice that now I'm "dumplin"? Seems kind of stupid of him to refer to me as something he would eat, that is unless he's asking to actually eat something.

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 08-05-2020 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:47 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
"I see your point and I agree that he doesn't usually contribute to the topic"

Gee Dennis when even your allies are distancing themselves from you , you think ya may have pushed the Troll act just a wee bit too far ?

Please don't presume to know what I think. Hydro has made clear efforts to get along with me in another thread and I wanted to continue our good faith attitude towards one another, nothing more.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Hydro Junkie

Speed, give me a minute and I'll be sending you a PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.