Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Remote ID postponed

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Remote ID postponed

Old 09-07-2023, 07:20 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Remote ID postponed

https://www.thedroneu.com/blog/remote-id-delayed-says-faa/
Old 09-07-2023, 08:34 AM
tedsander

Received 66 Likes on 63 Posts

Or maybe not.. The comment in the article is "The statement, “You’re going to get relief – we just don’t know what that relief looks like yet,” strongly suggests a delay in the implementation of Remote ID. " is a conclusion drawn by the author from a vague comment made by one FAA representative, and not an official announcement.
Old 09-07-2023, 08:42 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Straight from the horses mouth a couple of hours ago.

Astro
Old 09-07-2023, 12:43 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the FAA will do something because at this point it's beyond obvious the FAA has not handled things right.
Old 09-07-2023, 02:11 PM
Tailspin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1q0znFWWV8

Straight from the horses mouth a couple of hours ago.

Astro
Wrong end of the horse, Astro! 😁
Old 09-07-2023, 02:49 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

With all due respect to both sides of the conversation, till I see any mention of a postponement on the FAA's own website, I'm goin on the premise that after the 16th, it's FRIA or RID.
Old 09-07-2023, 03:16 PM
ECHO24

As confirmed yesterday by David Boulter, FAA Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, at the Commercial UAS Expo in Las Vegas. Sometime before the September 16 launch date.

Sorry AMA, too busy with drones to talk to you.

DroneU doesn't cite the source but it's video of Boulter's keynote speech put out by the Commercial UAV Expo, linked to by a commercial drone photographer on YouTube, the first at least I believe.

To see it for yourself and hear the infamous Lisa Ellman gush over it:

Last edited by ECHO24; 09-07-2023 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-07-2023, 03:25 PM
ECHO24

He cites the chip shortage and supply chain issues. As for why so close to the deadline, he said because there are so many agencies involved the FAA first needed real data (from the commercial drone world!) on exactly who not would be able to comply.
Old 09-07-2023, 06:46 PM
ECHO24

So now we know we can thank the commercial drone industry lobbyists for any RID postponement.

AMA's press release, "AMA's efforts for our members has paid off. We've worked diligently, blah, blah, blah".

Edit: Hopscotch Interactive is who received the courtesy letter from the FAA last week. Sorry AMA, we're busy right now, a lot of Part 107 operators are concerned.

Last edited by ECHO24; 09-07-2023 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:36 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ECHO24
So now we know we can thank the commercial drone industry lobbyists for any RID postponement.
I agree with you. Commercial interests are driving this relief.

Maybe I'm being too literal, but he was speaking to a commercial UAS audience, at a commercial UAS event. So when he said "You ... will get relief," who exactly is included in that "YOU"? Commercial only (audience) or commercial AND recreational? While either is possible, remember that commercial operators have taken a higher level of test and actually have an FAA designation. So one could argue that it's lower risk to provide them (only) relief since FAA has more power over them (license to operate) should they goon it up.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:56 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I agree with you. Commercial interests are driving this relief.

Maybe I'm being too literal, but he was speaking to a commercial UAS audience, at a commercial UAS event. So when he said "You ... will get relief," who exactly is included in that "YOU"? Commercial only (audience) or commercial AND recreational? While either is possible, remember that commercial operators have taken a higher level of test and actually have an FAA designation. So one could argue that it's lower risk to provide them (only) relief since FAA has more power over them (license to operate) should they goon it up.
More Franklin wishful thinking. Not unlike “ AMA will never be allowed to administer TRUST “. This forthcoming delay will encompass all UAS pilots/operators. I hope Franklin can be man enough to admit his misinformation when the official word comes out this time, I doubt it though considering SterlingD’s past history.
Old 09-08-2023, 05:24 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
More Franklin wishful thinking. Not unlike “ AMA will never be allowed to administer TRUST “.
Unfortunately for Speedy, I never said what he attributes to me.

Don't believe it? Type “AMA will never be allowed to administer TRUST “, including quote marks into the RCU search tool, then select my username, and search "posts" radio button. Result? Nothing found.

Did I say probably not? Maybe not? etc.? Sure. I'm smart enough to rarely make absolute statements. But even in the thread on this very topic, what Speedy omitted, conveniently, is I said I'd actually be in favor of them doing. In fact, I think I said "Today I thought of another thing that probably hasn't occurred to the AMA, and may change me to one who strongly encourages AMA to offer the testing." Post #43 at the appended location.

FAA Test...AMA administer? And pigs might fly!
Old 09-08-2023, 06:16 AM
speedracerntrixie

Nice try SterlingD. IMO once a liar, always a liar.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:22 AM
franklin_m

What Speedy alleged that I said:
“ AMA will never be allowed to administer TRUST “.
How I responded:

Don't believe it? Type “AMA will never be allowed to administer TRUST “, including quote marks into the RCU search tool, then select my username, and search "posts" radio button. Result? Nothing found.
And unable to show that I actually said what Speedy "says" I said, he resorts to his traditional defense - name calling
Old 09-08-2023, 06:49 AM
speedracerntrixie

If the shoe fits……

I’m sure that if I deemed this worth the time investment I could find the exact quote from you. Truth is all but a few have figured you out enough to know I don’t need to invest that time.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:56 AM
franklin_m

More Franklin wishful thinking. Not unlike “ AMA will never be allowed to administer TRUST “. “ AMA will never be allowed to administer TRUST “.
How I responded:

And unable to show that I actually said what Speedy "says" I said, he resorts to his traditional defense - name calling
What someone says when they can't prove that I said what they alleged I'd said:
I’m sure that if I deemed this worth the time investment I could find the exact quote from you. Truth is all but a few have figured you out enough to know I don’t need to invest that time.

Last edited by franklin_m; 09-08-2023 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:26 AM
ElectriMan

What Speedy alleged that I said:How I responded:And unable to show that I actually said what Speedy "says" I said, he resorts to his traditional defense - name callingWhat someone says when they can't prove that I said what they alleged I'd said:
You did say this:

Tyler Dobbs facial expressions at the beginning and end says it all ... This was yet another gut punch.

AMA is patting itself on the back for making the content easy, which is at best a temporary victory - rules say FAA can change the content at any time. "Celebrating" that they can add content? Curious, given they didn't want a test at all. They're grasping at anything to spin as a victory.

This is a huge risk for the AMA if they even try to be an Test Administrator. The reporting, record keeping, and security requirements are significant. Imagine the embarrassment of having their certification revoked. AMA can't get their EC minutes out on time. They send membership cards to wrong addresses. Etc. there's no way they have the discipline to run a system like this.
Showing that once more you just like to troll.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:56 AM
franklin_m

“AMA will never be allowed to administer TRUST“.
How I responded:

What someone says when they can't prove that I said what they alleged I'd said:
If the shoe fits……

ElecriMan tries to salvage Speedy from his self-dug hole by noting:
Originally Posted by ElectriMan
You did say this:
Originally Posted by ElectriMan
Tyler Dobbs facial expressions at the beginning and end says it all ... This was yet another gut punch.

AMA is patting itself on the back for making the content easy, which is at best a temporary victory - rules say FAA can change the content at any time. "Celebrating" that they can add content? Curious, given they didn't want a test at all. They're grasping at anything to spin as a victory.

This is a huge risk for the AMA if they even try to be an Test Administrator. The reporting, record keeping, and security requirements are significant. Imagine the embarrassment of having their certification revoked. AMA can't get their EC minutes out on time. They send membership cards to wrong addresses. Etc. there's no way they have the discipline to run a system like this.

Showing that once more you just like to troll.
Everyone note what's missing from the quote ElectriMan chose. The quote of mine he chose does NOT contain the statement that Speedy attributed to me. It never ceases to amaze me how some in these forums will read into statements things that simply were never said.

Last edited by franklin_m; 09-08-2023 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:27 AM
speedracerntrixie

Franklin_M quote

And you'll note that nobody said there wasn't value. What we actually noted that if it was done as a recruiting tool, it's carries a rather high (and I'd argue unsustainable) member acquisition cost.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You mean like when you said this AFTER you were told twice that the event was not a recruiting tool.

Maybe people should take your advice about using a forum search tool, only do it over at RCG and search for posts by SterlingD. Very interesting reading that would certainly shed some light on how desperate you are to undermine the AMA and it’s members.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:58 AM
franklin_m

Maybe people should take your advice about using a forum search tool, only do it over at RCG and search for posts by SterlingD..
Just as you're desperate to believe I said something I did not say (see above), you're similarly desperate to believe that someone on RCG is me, when it is not.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:25 PM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Frankenstein, another example of your continued effort to hijack a positive and turn it into one of your meaningless rants.. At the end of the day you continue to prove that nobody really cares about what you think or say. Time for you to go crawl into the hull of an abandoned aircraft carrier and disappear. (In case you did not read or understand on one of your other meaningless rants, I have posted it here for you again.
Old 09-10-2023, 05:00 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by paulsf86
Frankenstein, another example of your continued effort to hijack a positive and turn it into one of your meaningless rants.. At the end of the day you continue to prove that nobody really cares about what you think or say. Time for you to go crawl into the hull of an abandoned aircraft carrier and disappear. (In case you did not read or understand on one of your other meaningless rants, I have posted it here for you again.
In case you haven't noticed, I really don't care what you think.

AMA's narrative of "fly as you always have" is pretty much demolished, and a delay isn't going to save them. And it's amazing how many clubs are going on record admitting they don't follow the safety code AMA has touted epitome of self regulation works. How? by asking for operations over occupied structures, roads, etc.
Old 09-10-2023, 05:00 AM
speedracerntrixie

Just as you're desperate to believe I said something I did not say (see above), you're similarly desperate to believe that someone on RCG is me, when it is not.

Notice how carefully worded the last sentence is here. It would imply that at present Franklin is not the troll account SterlingD that lied about his career and involvement in the hobby. Which is true, the SterlingD troll account was suspended over a year ago. However the SterlingD account was indeed Franklin, verified by matching IP address. Franklin also has a very distinctive posting style that is easily recognizable and he isn’t quite smart enough to disguise his writing style. This is but one example.

Old 09-10-2023, 05:09 AM
franklin_m

Notice how carefully worded the last sentence is here. It would imply that at present Franklin is not the troll account SterlingD that lied about his career and involvement in the hobby. Which is true, the SterlingD troll account was suspended over a year ago. However the SterlingD account was indeed Franklin, verified by matching IP address. Franklin also has a very distinctive posting style that is easily recognizable and he isn’t quite smart enough to disguise his writing style. This is but one example.
Oh, so you now have access to RCG IP logs?
Old 09-10-2023, 05:22 AM
franklin_m

Actually, that's a helluva idea

Since I'm gonna be accused of it anyway, why not create a bunch of new accounts!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.