Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

How To Make AMA Perfect

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

How To Make AMA Perfect

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 11:29 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How To Make AMA Perfect

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

However since the thread-starter-post requirements will never happen, I suppose some think even a 51% "perfect" AMA is too much to hope for.
Unfortunately, probably all too true for about half and for most others a complete indifference is the order of the day. Just a few seem to have any real vision to a better AMA. The sarcastic and defensive nature of the original post illuminates probably the biggest hurdle we face...those that are content with or desirous of more AMA control of our hobby. STL is perfect example of the mindset that would be a proponent of AMA micro-managing every aspect of our hobby under the guise of organization while using the safety card as trump.

For an organization that has a simple mission statement the AMA has grown into a bureaucratic slow moving elephant that can’t get out of it’s own way. Sort of like our government now…it takes countless meetings and reviews to insure compliance with previously adopted policies, regulations or mandates ultimately spawning even more documentation to wade through in seemingly bottomless pool of muck already in place.

It really is pretty simple…people are hesitant to join AMA because they do not understand it…they don’t understand it because it is so convoluted on the surface because most AMAer’s are so misinformed or uneducated on techniques to portray the hobby in a positive manner. When or if the AMA returns to promoting the hobby first and foremost instead of itself, things will turn around but if the current tact is maintained our course is set and will not change our destination.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:33 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

The first thing the AMA needs to do is create their own discussion forum, this way their members don't have to glom on and claim their territory here. Unfortrunatley for them, this is not their house, this is the RCU members house. Oh and I'm definitley a member of RCU house, I've spent a lot more money here then just $58 a year.

Pony up some money and help RCU grow.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:55 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

The first thing the AMA needs to do is create their own discussion forum, this way their members don't have to glom on and claim their territory here. Unfortrunatley for them, this is not their house, this is the RCU members house. Oh and I'm definitley a member of RCU house, I've spent a lot more money here then just $58 a year.

And that is why you are a pet here Thanks for pointing that out again...I almost forgot
Old 11-18-2006, 01:22 PM
shag555

Hey - Check it out... This is my kid and my favorite airplane that I fly at my local AMA Club. I've over 120 flights on it now... Has a crammed in Saito 72 that screams.

Just thought you guys needed a change of pace. Maybe you will post a similar pic of what you fly at your ama club?

Have a great Thanksgiving Brothers!!!
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2006, 01:27 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Mode One

KidEpoxy, STLPilot, Littlecrankshaf, Ptulmer, you guys go on and on and on! Do you realize the rest of us think you are all very boring? You take over threads with your constant bickering! Can't you just email your rants back and forth between each other and leave the rest of us to adult conversation?
Mode One, what you mean is that you don't want to hear the opposition's opinion? Read back, you won't find a rant with my name on it. I prefer to remain a member while it's still possible to change the AMA and work for positive changes from the inside. There's no other reason that I stick around and post here. Being outspoken is a very powerful method of working for change. $58 isn't much if it's being spent wisely at the organization, but I can take my wife to the Outback for steak and drinks if it's not.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:42 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

And that is why you are a pet here Thanks for pointing that out again...I almost forgot
Funny but aren't I one that is continually being come down on for talking about the AMA on a website which is NOT for AMA members, rather RCU members? I mean all I did was not join the AMA this year. Quit talking so much smack on MY website.

Membership does have it's privliages doesn't it? You call me pet, I call me RCU sponsor and so do they.

Thanks for reminding me that you are a hypocrite.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

Funny but aren't I one that is continually being come down on for talking about the AMA on a website which is NOT for AMA members, rather RCU members? I mean all I did was not join the AMA this year. Quit talking so much smack on MY website.

Membership does have it's privliages doesn't it? You call me pet, I call me RCU sponsor and so do they.

Thanks for reminding me that you are a hypocrite.
You are truly a piece of work there, Dion. You rub the Mod's faces in crap, and obviously, they have to stand and take it. What a Jerk...[:'(]

Bill, AMa 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 11-18-2006, 04:44 PM
STLPilot

Look whose talking old man. You are the one that is a piece of work, there is only so much crap I can take from you JERKS too.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Stickbuilder

Look whose talking old man. You are the one that is a piece of work, there is only so much crap I can take from you JERKS too.
Then why don't you slink off into the dark recesses of the City like any honorable person would do?

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 11-18-2006, 08:41 PM
decay

what kind of impression is STLpilot presenting

to the kids?? I hope there not picking up his

attiude & nonsence way of thinking......
Old 11-18-2006, 09:00 PM
STLPilot

Do you actually think for a second that I would direct our kids to this flamefest? I personally don't like being called a jerk on the Internet. You can call me one to my face any day of the week.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:09 PM
decay

The kids may just pick up your attitude, due to being
around you. Whether you or they realise it or not.
I wouldnt think you make a very good role model,
from the way you appear on this forum (AMA).
It will reflect on to the kids, sadly.[&o]
Old 11-18-2006, 09:26 PM
STLPilot

Whatever .... you guys don't know a single thing about me and who I am. You only think you do. There are people that talk big and there are people that do big. You guys do a lot of talking.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:11 PM
KidEpoxy

hmmm, so much for veering back on topic
Old 11-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Stickbuilder

Do you actually think for a second that I would direct our kids to this flamefest? I personally don't like being called a jerk on the Internet. You can call me one to my face any day of the week.
I'd really LOVE TO. When will you be down this way? By the way, getting old does not mean, forgetting how.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 11-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Mode One

ORIGINAL: ptulmer

KidEpoxy, STLPilot, Littlecrankshaf, Ptulmer, you guys go on and on and on! Do you realize the rest of us think you are all very boring? You take over threads with your constant bickering! Can't you just email your rants back and forth between each other and leave the rest of us to adult conversation?
Mode One, what you mean is that you don't want to hear the opposition's opinion? Read back, you won't find a rant with my name on it. I prefer to remain a member while it's still possible to change the AMA and work for positive changes from the inside. There's no other reason that I stick around and post here. Being outspoken is a very powerful method of working for change. $58 isn't much if it's being spent wisely at the organization, but I can take my wife to the Outback for steak and drinks if it's not.
Once again, you think you can state what I am thinking, and what my views are. WRONG!!! My only real gripe about YOU is this one big fault YOU have of thinking you know what I think!

As far as not wanting to hear what "the opposition's" opinions are, the opinions voiced by you guys is; STLPilot has no rights to his opinions and you constantly bicker with him about this! My true opinion is that you guys dominate threads with this constant bickering and it is extreamely boring!

I don't think the AMA is perfect and I think there is always room for improvement! However, I still think it is a great value and will keep supporting it! I have no problem with opinions being expressed here for, or against the AMA, as long as it is done with maturity.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:04 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Mode One, all I can do is read your posts and draw conclusions. That's my right. All I want is to see some accountability from the leadership at the AMA for failing to perform the mission.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:11 AM
littlecrankshaf

My true opinion is that you guys dominate threads with this constant bickering and it is extreamely boring!

Sorry we are boring you. We will try to be more entertaining in the future. Here goes...your dog has fleas and your mother wears army boots.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:35 AM
KidEpoxy

MoeOne says:
pinions voiced by you guys is; STLPilot has no rights to his opinions and you constantly bicker with him about this!
oh, he has a right to his opinions, and to post his opinions here like other folks.... I just not like him making Declarations of Facts That He Made Up. Such as the 5 page arguement of him declaring SC#3 clearly forbid someting, then having to admit he didnt even read SC#3 before or during his tiradesque use of it. 5pages of this garbage because he had to be all knowing of all subjects, and I called him on it.

Once in a while is one thing, but theat is his MO. That, and the thin veiled insults the mods let him get away with..... note the common theme of Anyone with half a brain will see it my way in his arguements thruout the board (read, throughout the AMA Forum cause he's not a real poster anywhere else at RCU..... isnt he some kinda peanut/penny glider guy, shouldnt he be active in a forum about that?)

I have no problem with opinions being expressed here for, or against the AMA, as long as it is done with maturity.
hey, we'd all appreciate some more maturity in the posting
Just cause it was recent & top of my mind: Take the maturity of the AMA RULE paintball thread. Run thru it real quick abnd count how many times each side of the arguement called the other side stupid or insulted them.... the Against PB crowd were an insulting gaggle, while the For PB crowd slung hardly a flame. Get the tally and come back here to tell us who the insult using folks are. (of course, due to the Mysteriously Poofed posts of some folks, the new rcu UnSay Lies feature, that might not be as accurate as it could be)
Old 11-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Mode One

[/quote]
Sorry we are boring you. We will try to be more entertaining in the future. Here goes...your dog has fleas and your mother wears army boots.
[/quote]

Little Crankshaf

Both my Mom and my dog are dead, thanks for reminding me!

However, all of you guys are right! If I'm bord with you, I don't need to comment on this and you sure don't need to grow up, either!
Old 11-19-2006, 12:22 PM
littlecrankshaf

Mode One,

Please accept my sincere apology. I was trying to make a point with a little humor but it was inappropriate to say the least. I hope you find a way to forgive my DA post.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:29 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread is way of line and has turned into a flame war, so it is now closed. Thanks Dave